#1 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

I think the title explains itself. Help please? I'm sure there are other ways besides antacid tablets.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#2 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:03 AM

Um... depending on the cause of your "tummy ache," and the type (heartburn? indigestion? motion sickness?) nothing works all the time, that I've found -- not even the tablets. The best non-medicinal form of stomach ache treatment I've found in terms of the widest array of problems it treats and the degree of problem, though, is ginger. I've found crystalized (aka candied) ginger to be most effective, but it works in many other forms as well.

Edited by desaix, 28 April 2010 - 03:06 AM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#3 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:58 AM

Rather than candied ginger which dilutes the effectiveness of the ginger, pickled ginger- like you get with sushi is a lot better. It's not just good for gas relief, it's a natural blood thinner, and helps lessen the effects of motion sickness, it's good for the female reproductive system- lessening painful cramping during periods if eaten regularly, and other things too. You can get it at Kroger's (and probably other large grocery chains) packed in a plastic bottle.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#4 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Add a slice of ginger and a lemon wedge to some Coke and heat it up. That's also helped ease some cold symptoms for me too.
End of line.

#5 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 27 2010, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rather than candied ginger which dilutes the effectiveness of the ginger, pickled ginger- like you get with sushi is a lot better. It's not just good for gas relief, it's a natural blood thinner, and helps lessen the effects of motion sickness, it's good for the female reproductive system- lessening painful cramping during periods if eaten regularly, and other things too. You can get it at Kroger's (and probably other large grocery chains) packed in a plastic bottle.

I might have suggested pickled ginger, but because it has a somewhat acidic component (the pickling process, itself), while not as 'diluted' as candied ginger, it isn't as widely useful. People with ulcers, for example, or those with a low tolerance for acids (like my mother, for example), would be better off with the candied ginger. I will admit it is stronger than candied ginger, however.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#6 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Poop!

#7 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Apr 28 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poop!

111189.gif Yeah it's pretty much self explanatory. biggrin.gif

#8 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

When I get "tummy aches" I take TUMS or whatever... Usual I just let it take it's course...

Or... You can do what they said *cough cough*

#9 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Epicat.

#10 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

I found that during pregnancy, sprite is a life saver.

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:58 AM

I ignore it/tough it out. Meaning, I get so absorbed into something I ignore it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users