3357 replies to this topic

#3121 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:44 AM

Yeah basically it just boils down to Azami is basing his beliefs on his ASSUMPTIONS of Joichiro, he does not know the man behind that so called flawless chef that he sees. So while his goals are somewhat understandable he has a very warped sense of self righteousness , and it hardly justifies a lot of his actions. 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3122 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

Yeah basically it just boils down to Azami is basing his beliefs on his ASSUMPTIONS of Joichiro, he does not know the man behind that so called flawless chef that he sees. So while his goals are somewhat understandable he has a very warped sense of self righteousness , and it hardly justifies a lot of his actions. 

Yeah it doesn't justify any of his action, he's scarred his own daughter from his actions, he hurt the relationship between two cousins, he's ruined multiple businesses with his heavy handed approach, he's ruined the careers multiple youngster, not because they lacked talent but because they dared to explore cooking beyond the guidelines.

He's punishing thousands of people for a vendetta he has against the top brass, the same brass that don't seem to have been affected as much with his methods, he quite possibly is the worst antagonist I've read in a popular manga, specially as far as main bosses go, normally they still have a certain charm about them, or they have a history to justify their actions or atleast something, but so far we've seen nothing, he's just a egotistical megalomaniac, who hold a grudge that is normally at the same level we see a low level boss in a manga hold...even this week he was really complimenting himself when praising Eishi, Eishi is a great chef because he's a mirror of him when he was younger...talk about egotistical.

You can tell the manga is trying to justify the actions of Azami and the elite 10 betrayers, in recent week, make them appear more human and try to spin it so that their actions are not done for malicious reasons but for hat they believe is the betterment of the school and future students, but their actions don't justify the reasoning given.

On the bright side, I think this week went a long way to explain why Rindou joined Azami, I originally thought it might just be because she was bored but reading this weeks chapter, I think she did it for Eishi's sake, he was the one who was convinced to join Azami, and Rindou followed him because she feels the need to protect him and wants to stay beside him, it would explain why she allowed Megumi and Takumi to pass their test, she wants to be a rebel but for the sake of her best friend she's complying to the new regime.

iAnby7W.gif

#3123 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Yeah when I think about it the flash back DOES show Rindou to be all concered about Tsukasa, so it makes perfect sense that she joined for her friend's sake rather than her own. :yes: I hope it delves more into it later though

#3124 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:10 AM

Well I hope I'm not wrong, Rindou's involvement has been the one that confused me the most since the beginning, I've pretty much sounded like a broken record, about how her voting for the Azami made so little sense, outside boredom. Yet it never occurred to me it could be for Eishi's sake because well Eishi doesn't come off as someone who would want to be part of a system that increases his workload, and add his social anxiety to the mix it makes no sense, but if he was convinced by Azami who took advantage of understanding the pressures he felt and the solution he came p with as someone who was in his shoes at one point, then I can see him being convinced and Rindou following him or maybe it was her loyalty to Eishi that Azami used to have her follow with his plans and keep her in line.

Or maybe i'm wrong and it was because she thought it was fun and convinced Eishi and the nervous tension we feel now is her regretting her decision.

iAnby7W.gif

#3125 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

I don't think you're wrong. Remember her suspicious glare at Azami when he first spoke to Tsukasa.

#3126 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

Really don't think this weeks chapter really did anything to convince me that Azami's plan makes a lick of sense, also the revelation for what he wanted his daughter for is in all honesty lame, something I find manga's do waaay to often, they'll keep something secret for ages, making you think it's going to be a amazing event that will shock everyone, but nearly every single time it's the most obvious one possible,

Again Rindou goes against what is considered conventional for her cooking, and Azami is bragging about this, yet isn't this level of breaking convention the thing that the new regime goes against? I'm also slightly pissed off that Rindou got so little airtime with her dish, this is the final and half was taken up with the flashback.and ended with Eishi already completing his dish....for a final they are really rushing though this, from past chapters this is looking like a rebels victory how little time the first and second seats dish seems to get screen time.

Azami proved himself a scumbag again this chapter, spent ages convincing Eishi, complimenting him, making him feel special, yet his own daughter he treated like crap...he's not even good at it, he is literally the definition of a paint by numbers TV sitcom villain.

iAnby7W.gif

#3127 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

Well it different but still falls in line of what I expected he was going to use his daughter for. I thought she (her tongue) was going to be used as a bludgeon to force poor restaurants to shut down. Instead he wants her to be who all chefs' cooking should aspire to please. Either way it still he wants to use her tongue as the standards of cooking. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 March 2018 - 02:22 AM.

#3128 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

Yeah he's only interested in Erina's tasting ability, he gives no craps about whether or not she develops as a chef I say

Really don't think this weeks chapter really did anything to convince me that Azami's plan makes a lick of sense, also the revelation for what he wanted his daughter for is in all honesty lame, something I find manga's do waaay to often, they'll keep something secret for ages, making you think it's going to be a amazing event that will shock everyone, but nearly every single time it's the most obvious one possible,

Again Rindou goes against what is considered conventional for her cooking, and Azami is bragging about this, yet isn't this level of breaking convention the thing that the new regime goes against? I'm also slightly pissed off that Rindou got so little airtime with her dish, this is the final and half was taken up with the flashback.and ended with Eishi already completing his dish....for a final they are really rushing though this, from past chapters this is looking like a rebels victory how little time the first and second seats dish seems to get screen time.

Azami proved himself a scumbag again this chapter, spent ages convincing Eishi, complimenting him, making him feel special, yet his own daughter he treated like crap...he's not even good at it, he is literally the definition of a paint by numbers TV sitcom villain.

As I predicted. I just hope that this travesty ends soon

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 May 2018 - 10:33 AM.

#3129 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:33 PM

Yeah he's only interested in Erina's tasting ability, he gives no craps about whether or not she develops a s a chef I say

As I predicted. I just hope that this travesty ends soon

I'm conflicted, on one side I ecstatic that the end is near and we can finally be done with this long and boring arc that has stretched almost half of the manga, but at the same time I annoyed we had to go through multiple chapters that could have been cut but were not, and the one battle I was looking forward to the most and continued to keep reading is getting rushed....couldn't other content have been cut, instead of getting a clue now, when I actually want to read a more detailed battle.

iAnby7W.gif

#3130 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:32 AM

Well yes it is true that they are just breezing through Rindou and Tuskasa's dishes and the majority is just some flimsy explanation on why Tsukasa joined Azami

#3131 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

I'm conflicted, on one side I ecstatic that the end is near and we can finally be done with this long and boring arc that has stretched almost half of the manga, but at the same time I annoyed we had to go through multiple chapters that could have been cut but were not, and the one battle I was looking forward to the most and continued to keep reading is getting rushed....couldn't other content have been cut, instead of getting a clue now, when I actually want to read a more detailed battle.

Well, this arc did end and caused an abrupt heel-face turn of the closest thing this series had to a main villain; Erina. Replaced her with a guy we didn't get much beyond backstory to hate Azami since he doesn't do much in the story itself, and his misfit minions that are all but one dude can be likable. Who will be quickly defeated and have his abrupt heel-face turn at the end of this arc.

#3132 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

It has been clear since the beginning that Erina is the superior chief. It was even outright stated after the Moon Banquet that they were fighting over who was the second best chief of their year since Erina as the best chief of their year was a fact. Also as for the plot it is important that she is the best chief between the two of them till he beats her. So it is an actual challenge.

Also Souma beat the fifth (due to a flaw in her cooking) and fourth seat (by throwing everything he had at him). Erina beat the third seat (with ease).

Yeah, the moon banquet is entirely irrelevant. Everything about their portrayal has shown them to be equal and opposite. Again, Souma's purpose is to be a direct counter to Azami, thus a direct counter to Erina. He is meant to show her that oddities and eccentricities can be every bit her equal despite being a complete opposite to how she knows how to cook. That's part of the reason that her grandfather facilitated her and Souma being near each other, and is why he approached Souma and Souma alone to beg for his help in regards to Erina.

It doesn't matter how he beat them. He beat them, period. Souma is every bit the cook she is, he just does it in a different way. Again, that's the point of their story.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3133 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, the moon banquet is entirely irrelevant. Everything about their portrayal has shown them to be equal and opposite. Again, Souma's purpose is to be a direct counter to Azami, thus a direct counter to Erina. He is meant to show her that oddities and eccentricities can be every bit her equal despite being a complete opposite to how she knows how to cook. That's part of the reason that her grandfather facilitated her and Souma being near each other, and is why he approached Souma and Souma alone to beg for his help in regards to Erina.

It doesn't matter how he beat them. He beat them, period. Souma is every bit the cook she is, he just does it in a different way. Again, that's the point of their story.

You are quick to dismiss an entire arc as unimportant. Before this current cook off Souma fought Akira; who defeated him in the moon banquet. Souma was clearly worried that his friend would join the rebels, but he was also consider a serious challenge the needed several chapters as well as an elite 10 member help to have a chance against. When he defeated Souma he said he was the second best of their year behind Erina.

How Souma defeats his opponents is important both to the theme of the manga, and to Souma's growth.

#3134 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Ahh the classic, I've already won speech, and the snobbish face of Azami who might have the most punchable face in manga, really don't think I come across a villain with so few redeeming qualities. They've literally set it up that nothing less than a complete victory will do now. (Someone should do a Azami meets Gordan Ramsey manga..I wat to see who would win that battle.)

Yes it's time to bring that out!!! Considering it's this manga that can only mean one thing, the ultimate ingredient, the one that transcends realities....it can only be, store bought eggs on offer. I think Souma for a moment here has forgotten that this is a team based event and his dish goes up against Rindou. (Is it odd how Eishi is coming off as a bit of a prick, Rindou is somehow even more likable?)

You have to admire or feel sorry for Japanese traditions, (well it's similar in the Indian community I grew up in) how even after he has been thrown out of the family and is hated, he is still referred to as uncle by Alice.

Edited by harry4e, 24 March 2018 - 11:44 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#3135 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Store eggs on sale ARE the ingredient that won Erina over after all! :hehehe:  :lulz:

#3136 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Considering how many times Eggs have been involved with these two, I'm thinking thinking their first child should be include Tamago somewhere in the name

iAnby7W.gif

#3137 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

Lol true enough

#3138 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Enjoyable chapter this week, Souma and Erina taking centre stage,good to see that despite working together they are still at it like cats and dogs, hearing the friends commentary is amusing, seeing Souma's dorm mates telling him off and then seeing Erina's best friend Hisako agreeing with Souma's techniques. Good to see that the manga still has these moments.

Now it's upto Erina to elevate her game to take the hints Souma gave her about his ingredients to adjust her dish to compliment the appetizer.

Maybe I'm wrong here but I wonder if Souma's plan is to make the perfect dish, that will work on Azami, Afterall while Erina does have the God Tongue, the programming of what is good and not was done by Azami, so using that knowledge Souma can a dish that is perfectly suited to azami's tastes.

iAnby7W.gif

#3139 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

It has been awhile since I've actually enjoyed Souma as a character.

#3140 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

Well it is official these 2 would make a for an interesting and hilarious couple :laughcry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users