4201 replies to this topic

#3041 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

No there should be unless there is a break for one series or the other. Is there a break for BnHA?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3042 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

This one panel with Deku omg I had me laughing..

bok174e_mangatail_09.jpg

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3043 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

bok174e_mangatail_09.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Izuku, my man, calm down the otaku-ness! LOL

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3044 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:47 AM

bok174e_mangatail_09.jpg

DECHAKO MOMENT!!!!!! :love: :wub: I'm just seeing it all over the place because I'm Dechako deprived at the moment :P I'm shipping deprived in general :twitch:

#3045 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

Ochaco is so cute and funny! She need to do more. Her learning martial arts plus her zero gravity quick brought some interesting ideas.

Or you know, Kishis effect is happening. Sure did wonder for Nejire.

#3046 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

What Kishi effect? the ladies here are being treated WAY better that the girls in Naruto that is for sure. But if it DOES happen, EVERYBODY BLAMES you you jinx :zaru:  :hm:

#3047 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

What Kishi effect? the ladies here are being treated WAY better that the girls in Naruto that is for sure. But if it DOES happen, EVERYBODY BLAMES you you jinx :zaru:  :hm:

Thats true, but its a battle manga as well. Give me something let alone more of themselves. But no doubt, still better than Naruto. Ill lose my cool if it somehow in the blue moon managed to top Naruto in crap factor. It wont happen but if it does, God save us all...

#3048 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

I'm not worrying about the situation because this franchise has better flow, designs and downright fun! It needs more attention though. I want this franchise to skyrocket just like Dragon Ball and Pokemon.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3049 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:47 AM

Never going to happen. Like ever.

If theres anything I learned this past week, the caliber of DB popularity is unmatched. It got reported in actual news just because Super is ending. Now in Mexico, though I heard its being demolished, theyre trying to hold an event of the next episode. What is this? John Cena vs. The Rock Once in a Lifetime?

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 17 March 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#3050 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

If theres anything I learned this past week, the caliber of DB popularity is unmatched. It got reported in actual news just because Super is ending. Now in Mexico, though I heard its being demolished, theyre trying to hold an event of the next episode. What is this? John Cena vs. The Rock Once in a Lifetime?

Interesting I am Mexican what happen in Mexico?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#3051 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

I still do not find this villain that interesting.

#3052 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

Interesting I am Mexican what happen in Mexico?

Theyre hosting an event in different areas to show the final two episodes. I heard Toei Animation wants them taken down, but well see.

I still do not find this villain that interesting.

Dont worry. Hell be out before this arc ends; probably from Dekus new move.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 17 March 2018 - 01:19 PM.

#3053 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

Theyre hosting an event in different areas to show the final two episodes. I heard Toei Animation wants them taken down, but well see.

Dont worry. Hell be out before this arc ends; probably from Dekus new move.

Well some  local news seems gave away that they will do that. I believe Toei saw that.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#3054 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

He did not mean match Dragon Ball but he want it to explode even more in popularity LIKE Dragon ball. I hope for that too to be honest :happy:

#3055 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

He did not mean match Dragon Ball but he want it to explode even more in popularity LIKE Dragon ball. I hope for that too to be honest :happy:

I believe that effect has already happened with the last season, so this one may end up being the same unless something has monumental moment coming up. I mean there is one, though oddly enough, death would have been seller but that didn't happen. I like to think that the second half could be split decision making moment unless it has hit "can't do wrong" territory.

#3056 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

Nah I think It will go down the One Piece route where Izuku won't kill the villains but will keep them alive to watch their ambitions and dreams break apart. Or at least they all pretty much live and develop into a full rogues gallery like in american comic books. I SO hope for that :D Well a fan can dream and hope :P

the only  villain it was a mistake to leave alive and imprisoned is All for one because of a few factors. 1) he can take quirks from others and they JUST so happen to have put him in a prison made of of the most dangerous villains of all which Society deemed the death penalty too light of a punishment. 2) Tomura will definitely break him out. 3) It is heavily impled he can Give al for One itself to a successor so if it is confirmed he will just make Tomura even more dangerous

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 March 2018 - 09:56 AM.

#3057 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

All for One will come in play once Tomura is ready to inherit. That may be for a long time, but thats the long-term plan.

#3058 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. Naruto tried to do that and it did until the last stretch. My Hero Academia does capture not only those who like shonen manga but also a western comic-book superhero style like DC and Marvel with less complications.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3059 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

Bolded 1: Again. The story does reprimanded him. Do you really think it would be THAT easy to have a character say, "Oh I'm sorry for my behavior(s). It will never happen again"? The punishment doesn't have to be shown right in the face and he did had one. His second fight with Izuku in which he won? House arrest for 4 days in which he admitted he threw the first punch when Aizawa asked while Izuku had 3 days (who also admitted) . And it's not the same case with Sasuke. Sasuke heard the lessons and warnings but ignores them entirely because of his obsession over power and revenge for the entire series up until the ending fiasco. If he had listen properly, he would've been a better character. While Katsuki, despite being a foul-mouth jackass, started to listen but slowly. Stated when he retook the license exam, as you mentioned the babysitting the preschoolers. 

I know you can't stand the bullying part (I don't either) but they are teens and its part of Katsuki's development. Izuku already thought on "Katsuki telling him if he, Izuku, to actually have a quirk and then fall off the building" that what would've happened if he actually does that, when retrieving his battered notebook. Katsuki would definitely not become a hero when that actually happens. (Which will never ever will because it will make Izuku very, very weak as a character and proving Katsuki's point and ego). Let me bring up Zootopia for a second, if you hadn't watch that. Judy Hopps was bullied by Gideon Grey as kids because she wanted to become the very first rabbit in a police force. He bullied her thinking she will never achieve her dream to the point that he clawed her in the cheeks. It took Gideon to their adult years to apologize to Judy for the bullying when she came back home after quitting the force. While Gideon wasn't important to the plot but he did apologize years later because of he was growing up off-screen. Eventually, Katsuki will get to that point of growing up, but not apologizing to Izuku directly though because of his pride characteristic.

Point is, in order for the main character's goal to work properly (wanting a certain dream to a reality), there needs to be obstacles, especially characters that believed to opposed the main character's goal to achieve.

Bolded 2: As I said before, those ARE his characteristics. That is no excuse for being nonsense. That's the depths of his character. Try to ignore them all you want but it's there. The kid has a big-ass ego and arrogance: he thinks he's #1 because of the constant praise of everyone when he first gotten his quirk, believe he will beat everyone and they are beneath him (Pride). Plus he has an ability to cause explosions to compensate his personality. Not to mention cussing galore and saying "Die!" or "I'll kill you" when using his quirks (Wrath). And, you forgotten that this is a shonen story. There's going be rivals regardless, especially in an action-type like this one. Not to mention when the author has a message/theme needed for the characters, plot, setting, etc.

Of course, if Katsuki would be in his early concepts or not in the story as a main rival, the story will fall flat. What am I saying is, the series wouldn't picked up the success if the characters weren't interesting enough to gain the audience's attention for connection. Izuku would've probably be an, "oh look, another shonen character #30 but is an otaku for the superhero in the story". Ok and then what? What's gonna be the dynamics and progression and how its going to affect his story and development to reach that point?  You think a random character(s) would be better for as the drive (the one(s) doing the bullying instead of Katsuki) and then that same character(s) would've been ignored and be erase away entirely like an extra as the story progressed? Not to mention how would the nickname "Deku" would've come to be. Things like that need background in order to make sense for the story.

Bolded 3: Yes, he was insecure way back. Had you ignore the flashback scene when Katsuki was "attacked" by older kids after bumping into them? Izuku was hiding behind the tree when that happened. Not to mentioned he was already being timid (and a follower). If he wasn't insecure, he would've been standing up and helping Katsuki against the bullies. And Katsuki wasn't the cause of it. As I said before, that came right after Izuku found out he was quirkless. When everyone in his class found out, Katsuki pushed the insecurity through bullying. It gotten worse when Katsuki fell in the river and Izuku went to help him out. (Now when the nickname Deku came about, I can't recall if it happened before or after Izuku's knowledge of being quirkless. It would've make sense if it was latter).

Bolded 4: Really?! Recent chapter arc is the Cultural Festival, its giving some hope to the rest of the Class 1-A cast like Kyoka and Mina a chance to shine in the spotlight. Not to mention we have a new villain named Gentle. Better than certain characters hogging the spotlight for more than 5+ chapters.

No, it really doesn't punish his behavior. Cool beans, he sat in timeout for four days for a fight he started, and he got his license a few days later than he normally would have if he didn't act like trash. Both of those are literally worth the exact same as any punishment Sasuke got, which is to say that it's worthless. It still to this point hasn't been mentioned by anyone that he tormented Deku so viciously as a kid, even going so far as to encouraging him to kill himself. You can't sit there and say that "oh, it's fine because the story 'reprimanded' him", when that aspect hasn't even been brought up, and it's been glossed over and accepted from a general story perspective if you consider that despite Bakugou's behavior, he was let into an academy for hero's to begin with and the fact that Deku still considers them to be friends, even admires Bakugou, despite his past treatment. So no, he really hasn't been reprimanded, all it amounts to is window dressing.

You can have obstacles to the main characters dream and not have reliance on characters like Bakugou, who in reality is nothing more than another Sasuke.

I said it was nonsense because you're excusing Bakugou for it simply because he has those traits. Regardless of those traits, they don't justify the writing surrounding Bakugou, which isn't good. Try to get around it as much as you want, it doesn't. And again, to your point about Bakugou and his early concept, it's not true. You can have great stories with interesting characters, without the plague of bad writing that Bakugou has. You saying that the story would fall flat if not for Bakugou and how he is written is evidence to everything that I have been saying, that Bakugou and the circumstances around him are a product of bad writing.

Being shy and being insecure are two different things. Deku was shy as a child, and became insecure about himself after Bakugou's continuous bullying and further grew when he didn't develop a quirk.

Yes, really. Horikoshi is not particularly adept at balancing his characters, especially in regards to Deku. The culture festival is irrelevant, the new villain is irrelevant, I wasn't talking about an influx of characters and plots that come with the story. I said balance is what he struggles with. I was referring to the fact that often, he makes the  major side characters shine at expense of Deku. It happened with Bakugou, it happened with Todoroki, and it happened with Mirio. At this point, I honestly just wonder at what side character is going to shine at Deku's expense (character development) next. I was pleasantly surprised with the fact that Deku already identified the villain and they're going to fight, but Deku is about to get smoked if they do and someone else will step up later, again, at Deku's expense. So it's a bit of a wash.

Edited by AHK, 19 March 2018 - 08:31 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3060 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:16 AM

A bit late but I echo your (@AHK) sentiments about Bakugo, or rather the way he is being written. I do feel like a lot of the stuff he does gets trivialized by Horikoshi and as a result, Bakugo's peers and even his superiors in the manga. He rarely gets checked for anything he says or does, and when those miraclous moments he gets punished or chastised do occur, it usually is the equivalent of a stern talking to and chalked up as "That's just Bakugo, what can you do?" or "He has so much potential, he better/will get it together eventually." He's like Grimmjow without an Aizen or a someone of that ilk to keep him in his place. Bakugo grates my nerves every time he pops up. Great in moderation but too much and it's just like ugh. His interactions with Izuku make me cringe, I don't know why everyone puts up with his spiel.

I also feel like sometimes he overall is a bit forced because he's such a popular character in Japan. He's a strong egotistical cool (depending on who you ask) kitten and who doesn't love those, especially when they're one of the "good" guys? I don't hate him but his rivalry with Izuku doesn't feel as organic as it did at the start of BnHA. It almost feels like it's being maintained solely because it's just the accepted notion and heaven forbid that the creator deviate from his set path/storyline. I despise rivalries like these.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users