Earthquake strikes Tokyo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

#61 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, the BBC has reported on the smoking nuclear plant as well. I really hope they can contain it. sad.gif

It was really awful watching the news, there were all those videos of the tsunami sweeping through Japan, and you could see people running from it, cars getting swept up in it. Absolutely heartbreaking, I just hope that Japan can get back on its feet. They really need all the help they can get right now.

Obviously, don't expect any new anime or manga releases for a while. The Japanese have got far more important matters to deal with right now. I'm glad that Kishimoto is OK, I just hope that all those other mangaka are OK as well!

#62 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Arina Tanemura posted this picture on Twitter of a room in her home- she says it's because she neglected to put up the earthquake brace on those shelves

http://twitpic.com/48qtfk
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#63 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

...i refrained from the last post.

It will take a little over a year to recover

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#64 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

I'd just finished reading my newspaper today and its very scary and tragic in northeastern Japan. The pictures were indeed horrifying to see and all that costs over billions of dollars in damages. I'm not even sure if this is worse than the one in Haiti last year (I didn't catch the New Zealand one).

I'm glad that many of the anime, manga and game industries (yes that includes Kishimoto, Kubo and other mangakas) are safe. And yeah, I don't expect any new releases in any form of chapters and episodes for at least the next 2 weeks because they need time to recover from the tragedy and the wrath of Mother Nature/Earth. My condolences to the families and people who lost their loved ones in NE Japan.

Also, I'm going to donate when I get back to school. So, everyone let's be good people and help them recover from this tragic event. happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#65 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

Photos of the aftermath. Our thoughts go out to those affected.

http://news.yahoo.co...31111japanquake

#66 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

They did make very generous donations for hurricane katrina. Definetly would be nice to to return the favor. Going to be donating some money to Philadelphia's Japanese american society. My dad served and Its important to know who you're giving the money to so you know that it'll get to where you want it to. Cherry Blossom festival starts in April, and I think they'll be asking all those in attendance for donations.
\

#67 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

Saw this on Twitter, thought it was slightly interesting.
USA lost many lives on 9-11-01 and now Japan has lost more lives on 3-10-11. add the 2 dates together and you get 12-21-12....O_O

Well... I hope people are donating funds.

#68 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

USA lost many lives on 9-11-01 and now Japan has lost more lives on 3-10-11. add the 2 dates together and you get 12-21-12....O_O

Don't scare me ><

Edited by Strangelove, 12 March 2011 - 06:13 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#69 X105

X105

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Events like this and Katrina just remind me to count my blessings that I live in one of the few major cities not near or on a major body of water...such a tragedy.

#70 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 12 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just great, we really need more of the signs to freak us out, damn those Mayans for making those predictions, I would rather been let clueless about this. Now seriously speaking, things with the nuclear power station don't look so good. it won't stand againg another earthquake, the last thing we need is another chernobil.

Edited by alexander, 12 March 2011 - 07:02 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#71 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 12 2011, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are several reasons this comparison sucks. For one thing, one was a natural disaster and one was a tragedy caused by the cruelty of other men. If there really happened to be some correlation, both events on both dates would be the result of nature, not coincidence. For another, going by that logic, Katrina would be the most comparable loss of life in the US this past decade, but 8/29/05 doesn't add up so neatly so of course that's not the one used. Then there's the matter of the reality that... the Mayan calender isn't ending! It's just going from Baktun 12 to Baktun 13 on that date.
bd5.jpg

#72 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

@Alexander: From what I hear, even if the plant does meltdown, it should only effect a 3 mile radius. Chernobyl's design was crap to begin with and was a disaster waiting to happen. I'd imagine Japan, or any developed nation for that matter, would do much better in preparing for the worst case scenario.

#73 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Anyone know if this is true? http://www.myvisitin..._medium=twitter
It says that Kishi died =/

#74 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

I thought we just got word that Kishimoto was fine. Besides, that source doesn't look very reliable; it's just saying that "People are searching on google to confirm his death."

EDIT: From what I have gathered on google, no reliable sources (BBC, NPR, even mainstream American Media) has reported on his death. If he or any other famous mangaka really did die, that would be huge news in Japan and at least get a minor article in the west. So, I think it's safe to assume he's not dead and these are some idiots wanting to scare people who read Naruto.

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 12 March 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#75 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Mar 12 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought we just got word that Kishimoto was fine. Besides, that source doesn't look very reliable; it's just saying that "People are searching on google to confirm his death."

EDIT: From what I have gathered on google, no reliable sources (BBC, NPR, even mainstream American Media) has reported on his death. If he or any other famous mangaka really did die, that would be huge news in Japan and at least get a minor article in the west. So, I think it's safe to assume he's not dead and these are some idiots wanting to scare people who read Naruto.

Aye I was thinking that too >< but you never know meh =/

#76 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

They're fine, it was confirmed by G-finder and other sources.

#77 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Man, and I thought the one I was in was bad. Never seen such devastation coming from an 8.9. The one i was in was only 6.4, and it just wobbled everything a bit (since I wasn't at the epicenter). It definitely makes it impossible to walk though.

#78 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Davidos @ Mar 12 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know if this is true? http://www.myvisitin..._medium=twitter
It says that Kishi died =/

It's false, the tsunami was around the Sendai area, far north of where Kishimoto lives. It's already been confirmed he's alive. I haven't heard of any confirmed deaths outside of the Sendai/Fukushima region.

One bit of good news is that G-Finder has taken Naoko Takeuchi off the missing list, she's now in the seeking information on status. It's not a confirmation she is okay, but it they must have received information her status is no longer missing.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#79 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

And things just keep going from bad to worse to absolutely hellish. A second nuclear reactor is malfunctioning:

http://news.yahoo.co...apan_earthquake

What makes all of this so horrifying is that it all started out as any regular Friday usually does, and quickly became one of the most terrible days in Japan's recent history sad.gif

#80 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:57 AM

Third Nuclear reactor is malfunctioning, one exploded, man. Things are not getting better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users