#1181 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:59 AM

http://forums.naruto...9397#post589397

Geno, meet NecroAngel. NecroAngel, meet pwnage.

#1182 Eagle8819

Eagle8819

Nostalgic Dreamer

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Location:The other side of the screen, giving fresh meat the scare of their life. :)

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:12 PM

Content of this edited to insert a longer version of post.

Warning for spoilers, before you continue. I'm on a ranting mood now, since today hasn't been a particularly good day for me. Not to mention a splitting headache. Ignore this if it doesn't sound intelligent, or flawed, for that matter. Need to let loose some anger.

Oh my God.. There's way too many people that hate Sasuke.. I can't see why.. He's cool, dark, and.. awesome. People say he whines alot, and that's why they hate him.. Well in my opinion he has a valid reason to "whine" and even then, Naruto whines just as much...

A lot of the Sasuke haters are Itachi fans.. What's that about? I mean Sasuke may be a jerk sometimes.. But that's nothing compared to what Itachi's done..

People also hate Sasuke for "Betraying his village" Well it's not as if he's attacked the village or anything.. He just left... And what was he supposed to do? Unlike Naruto he doesn't get things handed to him on a plate... Naruto has a sannin training him, so why is it fair for Sasuke to stay in Konoha, staying weak, not getting any stronger?

It's true Sasuke got that power-boost but he's still much weaker than Naruto. I'm talking about when he was in the village before he left, I was saying what was he supposed to do? Justifying why he left.

I realise Naruto needed it, but it's not fair for Sasuke to just stay weak when the option of getting stronger is open.

And yes, I can compare what Sasuke did to what Itachi did.. Whatever the reason Itachi killed his family for, won't make it right.. It's still much worse.

Your opinion is rather biased here now, Necro.

Cool and dark? Alright, maybe he is, but my idea is more along the lines of a spoiled brat. Remember the time where Naruto and Sasuke had a little show of chidori and rasengan at the roof of the hospital? The proof was there: Rasengan was more powerful than chidori. And Sasuke did not like that. And just because of that, he starts sulking and brooding, "Naruto CAN'T be stronger than me."

And what did he do? Accept the four sound-nin's invitation to go to Orochimaru immediately, ignoring the advice Kakashi gave him the moment he recalled that Naruto was stronger. That doesn't quite spell maturity to me.

Of course, what's he done is nothing compared to what Itachi had done, but I would suggest that all of us reserve judgement until we know what Itachi's intention really are. Till now, all Kishimoto had only given was that Itachi assasinated the whole of the Uchiha clan, save one : Sasuke. The reasons is not even clear yet, besides the hints that Itachi seems to want Sasuke to kill him.

And technically, siding with Orochimaru does mean betraying the Konoha Village. Orochimaru is a criminal, if your memory must be refreshed. He just left, you say. Yeah. Just left, indeed, for power, for strength, that is not rightfully his. You say Naruto gets things handed on his plate, is it? So you mean he jumped in glee when the kyuubi is sealed into him? He's happy when almost everyone in the village shunned him away? He's perfectly fine when he led a lonely life for, what, thirteen years?

The answer is no, no and no. In that order.

I must remind you. Sasuke still had his clan and family, until, I would say around six to eight years old. I say he's that young because he has to be in the academy by then.He's had a family. He's had happiness. And that lonely life of his only was for about five, six years? Naruto had a life without parents at all, without siblings, without love for THIRTEEN years. And you compare it with five, six years? You compare it with a sannin training him? Hah.

And how do you know if Sasuke will not get stronger if he stayed in Konoha? That's a very big if, girl. A very big if. So what if Naruto is taught by a sannin? So what? You certainly have a rather interesting idea of how one should get strong. I'm assuming you said that his only choice of getting stronger is by following Orochimaru. True, Naruto was taught how to use rasengan by Jiraiya, but we must remember that although he was taught by the sannin, his strength now would not be possible if he had not been determined and hell-bent from the very beginning. He had blisters, he had cramps, but they were because he wanted to make perfect the Rasengan technique. Everything comes with a price. Compared with the chidori, I admit, Rasengan is a hell lot better. Getting taught by a sannin is better than by Kakashi?

Well, yeah, that's unfair? Kid, life is unfair. But with sheer determination with will alone, I say you can do anything. Even get stronger without being taught by a sannin. Hell, is it really important that it's a sannin that will be teaching? So what it's Kakashi, or anyone else, for that matter? It doesn't quite make things any different, you know. The point is, one must work for something he wants.

Naruto did. Sasuke didn't.

You ask if it's fair for Sasuke to remain weak, and not getting any stronger? Who's to say that he will remain weak if he actually stayed in the village? And while on the fairness topic, perhaps I should ask you if it is it fair that Naruto's the one who gets the kyuubi AND get shunned for his whole life, while Sasuke had a chance for a life filled with happiness? Or other kids, for that matter? If you can answer me that with perfect, flawless logic, than I stand corrected.

No pain, no gain.

#1183 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:57 PM

oooo sasuke rant?!! XP

who says sasuke doesn't deserve to be weak? 0__o

I mean, he doesn't do anything fair to become stronger, he just chooses to go with orochimaru as an easy way to become stronger. That my folks, proves that he sure is weak on his own terms >_<. Naruto on the other hand has been cursed with the villager;s hate for so long that he wanted to become stronger by his own way, unlike sasuke dry.gif. Sasuke just gives up when someone else surpass him in terms of strenght or something like that, so he just starts to being angsty and goes to orochimaru crying for power.

#1184 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:07 PM

Heh. Nice, Eagle, nice.

And now, the reasons why I despise Sasuke, the emo-tard.

1.) He's a weakling in every sense of the word, and I MEAN every sense. How is going to Orochimaru and ASKING FOR POWER TO BE HANDED TO HIM ON A PLATE strong? As Geno said in another thread, Sasuke chose the quickest path to get what he wants because the idea of actually WORKING for it makes him want to piss himself. Why should he have to go off and TRAIN for three years when he can level up in a few days? And he thinks that Itachi is going to waste his time on him when he got to where he did by cheating? I seriously doubt that. Itachi will know right off the bat that his brother is still the same weakling that he was before, and he won't put up with it. That's why he's interested in Naruto, folks. Yes, Naruto has Kyuubi, but he still trains his ass off to utilize that power.

2.) He is becoming the very thing he despises. Hatred of Itachi was the catalyst for seeking to become stronger, but now that's all he can think about. Power, power, and more power. Eventually, this lust for power will drive out any other intentions he may have had, which means that if push comes to shove, he'll attack Konoha without any thought as to the lives he's taking. Because Sasuke is a taker. He takes what he wants, when he wants it. If there are people in his way, he'll take their lives from them, because obviously they don't deserve them. How is that any different from his brother? If he manages to defeat his brother in this state, he will not be defeating him at all. Itachi has already won.

3.) He's spoiled. Everyone loves Sasuke. Sasuke is sooo strong. He's a prodigy. He can do no wrong. The chicks dig him. The guys want to be him. The enemies would give their right arm to fight him. Do you think that this sort of attention would not go to his head eventually? Perhaps that feeds his view that no one should be stronger than him, especially someone who got to where he is through hard work. The concept is not within his mental dictionary. The high horse has been wobbled, which causes him to panic, and leads to his eventual betrayal. But this of course is honorable. This is noble. He has a cause, right ? Who cares if he accepts fruit from the hand of the devil if he's going to avenge his family? There won't be any repercussions! There can't be! Because he is Sasuke, the last of the Uchihas, the avenger, and this is his fate. It has been set in stone. Everyone will forgive him in the end, even those who die by his hand, since something has been taken from him.

So, in this point of view, a serial killer could walk free as long as he had a reason to kill. Very sound logic, that. Not that Sasuke is a serial killer (yet...), but I think you get my point.

*sigh*

#1185 Naru/Saku926

Naru/Saku926

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:31 PM

WOOHOO SHARINGANK!!!

You tell all them Sasuke fans!!!!!!!!!!

~Andrew/Drew
REST IN PEACE OBITO!!!

NarutoFever.com

#1186 Geno Calamari

Geno Calamari

Doomsayer/Bartender

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Naruto. Temari. Neji. Yondaime. Itachi. Kiba. Tenten.<br />Spreading my Kishimoto-hate.

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Blayze @ Feb 20 2005, 07:59 AM)
http://forums.naruto...9397#post589397

Geno, meet NecroAngel. NecroAngel, meet pwnage.

Thank you Blayze.
I think my roommate and I are going to tag-team this guy.
If I'm Itachi, then my roommate is easily Kisame.

Edit: No. We've decided that it's not worth it. Having read the thread and seen how far back it is, my roommate and I don't feel that it's worth dredging it up. So, NecroAngel will get off light this time.

I will, however, post my feelings on it here, so that at least my friends at H&E can see it.
I am not the person to talk to if you like Shikamaru. I am not the author to read if you want to see more Shikamaru. End of Story.

I have fanart... kind of... so there, punks.

#1187 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

Oh well. It would have been great to see Necro's reaction to being pwned by a tag-team of logic and sarcasm. biggrin.gif

#1188 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:40 PM

Nice rebuttals, Eagle, Keira-chan, and Ash-chan. happy.gif

I really cannot understand how some fangirls can be so blind as to see the manga in a completely different light.

Sasuke "left"? This isn't a trip to Disneyland we're talking about. Let's check something, shall we?

Betray /bi-'trei/v. 1. be disloyal or treacherous to (a friend, one's country, a person's trust, etc.)

Disloyal or treacherous? Check. Sasuke betrayed his village and his friends by running off to the enemy. You can protest all you like, but Sasuke made a choice. He thought of his friends and of Itachi. He knew what he was doing - he chose to forsake his friendships for the objective of getting more power.

To summarise; Sasuke betrayed his friends and his country for power.

Don't believe it? Listen to what he says in the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the waterfall. That should confirm Sasuke is more interested in power than his friend, and that he knew what he was doing. He didn't even give a damn about the rest of Team Shikamaru.

And as for the "handed on a plate" thing, Eagle, Keira-chan, and Ash-chan have already summed it up very nicely.

#1189 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:33 PM

I think we all agree that Sasuke is, as Ash so perfectly put it, an A-rank a**hole. (lmao, and now he's A-rank ugly too! laugh.gif )

I think he's lost all the markings of anyone with basic intellegene. He sat and watched the entire "Gaara-Gets-His-Ass-Handed-to-Him" fight and all he managed to take away from it was that "OMGWTFBBQ!? Naruto is stronger than me!? *angst*angst*" completely missing the whole point of fight which was to prove that people get stronger when protecting people they care about.
I reread the Naru vs. Sasu battle and Sasuke just whines about how bonds make you weaker. >.< GAH! I want to shove the entire Gaara battle into his face and mush it around a little.

On a side note, as I reread the Naru vs. Sasu fight, I finally got the significance of the scratch on Sasuke's hitai-ate! BOOYA! ok... I'm a bit slow.... dry.gif

#1190 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hehe, yep. happy.gif

The hitai-ate perfectly symbolises that Sasuke is now a missing-nin and no longer of Konoha. smile.gif

I agree with you on the whole bonds thing, Sori-chan! You would think Sasuke would be smart enough to see how Naruto got all that power. tongue.gif

But, no, he sticks his lower lip out, shoves his hands into his pockets and goes off on a massive sulk. Thinking only of himself, with no regard for his friends. Little brat.

#1191 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:20 PM

XDDDDD He IS a c***-sucking, emo tardish A-rank a**hole. XF <--Ph3ar the fangs!!! (I'm a vampire. WHEEEE!!!!)

*humphs*

The hitai-ate is PROOF that Sasuke has severed his ties. SO TAKE THAT! *sticks nose in air*

#1192 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (sharingank @ Feb 21 2005, 12:20 PM)
The hitai-ate is PROOF that Sasuke has severed his ties. SO TAKE THAT! *sticks nose in air*

Not only that, but remember when Naruto and Sasuke are doing their "appetizer" battle, Naruto goes all "You gots to wear you're hitai-ate, biatch!" (<- Artist rendition)
and Sasuke's all "pft, why? You won't lay a finger on my forehead."

and then it happens again, which is where I really caught it. Sasuke finally puts on his hitai-ate and gets the third point of his sharingan and he says
"From now on, we will fight as equals. But, you will not even be able to scratch my forehead. That much has not changed."

I was all OMGOMGOMG!!! Go Naruto! He DID scratch his forehead. Of course, I still think he would've scratched his forehead then busted out the 1000 years of pain. Nothing like a quick, hard jab to the ass to knock a person to their senses. laugh.gif

Well... I thought that was a bit cool... The scratch still symbolizes Sasuke's betrayal, but it also has a symbol for Naruto. Yay double meanings! XD

#1193 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

And don't forget another important part about the hitai-ate. wink.gif

Sakura's realisations.

There is an interesting parallel between Naruto and Sakura. Their respective rivals are Sasuke and Ino. Sakura put her hitai-ate on her forehead as a symbol, to show Ino she wanted to fight as equals. A symbol that shows both respect and the promise to not hold back.

Naruto showed the SAME thing with Sasuke - Sakura gasped when she realised what he was saying, she realised Naruto wanted respect and acknowledgement just like she did. That Sasuke was to Naruto what Ino was to Sakura. Sasuke's reaction also reinforced her dawning realisation that he was not the man she thought he was.

#1194 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Soritia @ Feb 21 2005, 06:15 PM)
Not only that, but remember when Naruto and Sasuke are doing their "appetizer" battle, Naruto goes all "You gots to wear you're hitai-ate, biatch!" (<- Artist rendition)
and Sasuke's all "pft, why? You won't lay a finger on my forehead."

and then it happens again, which is where I really caught it. Sasuke finally puts on his hitai-ate and gets the third point of his sharingan and he says
"From now on, we will fight as equals. But, you will not even be able to scratch my forehead. That much has not changed."

I was all OMGOMGOMG!!! Go Naruto! He DID scratch his forehead. Of course, I still think he would've scratched his forehead then busted out the 1000 years of pain. Nothing like a quick, hard jab to the ass to knock a person to their senses.  laugh.gif

Well... I thought that was a bit cool... The scratch still symbolizes Sasuke's betrayal, but it also has a symbol for Naruto. Yay double meanings! XD

yeah, I just loathed sasuke guts in that time dry.gif he was like: "OMG!!!! naruto is getting stronger, let me use my sharingan powah!!!11111". Later on he says that he isn't equal to naruto, heh, maybe not equal in terms that naruto is 100 times better than him in terms of everything biggrin.gif

Sasuke now is juts like a boy crying bcz a stranger took his candy away, so he runs to orochimaru-to-chan to cry laugh.gif

meh, what a loser dry.gif

#1195 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:27 PM

Actually speaking of the Sasuke vs Naruto battle on the rooftop I did a huge description on the whole thing starting with the Tea Arc and ending with 110/111 if you remember.

Here were the posts

http://forums.naruto...&postcount=1502

http://forums.naruto...&postcount=1503

There are my thoughts on it

#1196 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:56 AM

Oh man, the Naruto vs Sasuke, i heard some many things from the Sasuke fans, saying stuff like Sasuke is the best and Naruto cant win agaisnt him but they dinit even look at why Naruto scratched Sasuke's Hitai-ate. Even when they knew that part, they still think Sasuke will somehow come back to the light and be forgiven of all his sins and becomes happy happy for the rest of his life lol
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#1197 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:05 AM

Just a little rant I have

Click For Spoiler
I really don't get everyone's big deal with Gaara being KazeKage. I mean it was going to happen heck even I could see that what with the original being Gaara's father plus his change after fighting Naruto, and his natual abilities he's basically KazeKage material. Saying that he moved up too fast would be like saying that Naruto becoming Hokage at the end would be stupid because in the last arc he was only a chuunin or something.

Personally I want to see Neji and Lee's progression too. I honestly don't want to see Hinata but I guess I'd rather her appear and get it over with so the fanboys quit whining. I mean really I remember a post where someone said that "Hinata was what the fans really want and that Kishi is just purposely making them wait." pffft yeah like Hinata is what the fans really want.

Oh I've also heard comments like "denying us Hinata is like a crime against humanity!! "

Oh yet I don't go around yelling that denying a character I like is a crime against humanity. I bet if Kakashi hasn't been shown yet Ash-chan wouldn't be saying that either.

And you know I'm getting sick of the NaruHina's whole "NARUTO'S OVER SAKURA OMGLOL!!!!!!1!1!1!1oneoneone" argument. Please the whole promise thing did not prove anything. Naruto still has OBVIOUS feelings for Sakura.

You could say "Well you say that SasuSaku died at 181!" Heh truth is though SasuSaku was never alive to begin with but we still have more proof that SasuSaku died at 181 than you do at proving that Naruto's over Sakura.

Plus out of all the girls in the series why would Hinata be his second choice? Heck I could see him fawning over Ino before I could see him fawning over Hinata. I could see him getting with Temari before getting with Hinata. I could see him doing the horizontal polka with TENTEN, SHIZUNE, and TSUNADE before I could see him doing that with Hinata. Please the NaruHina's are just sad. Trying to base a pairing on "hints" that aren't really there but I guess to them it's more about Hinata than anything else so basically the NaruHina's are basically Hianta fans who are REALLY desperate for some Hinata that they want her to get with Naruto for the sole basis of getting more Hinata in the manga. See? Because if Hinata got with Naruto that would mean more screentime and the pervy fanboys and fangirls just LOVE that so of course that's why they support NaruHina with an iron fist.

Of course there's no helping them. Until Hinata dies at least but even then they'll claim that Naruto will commit ritual suicide just to be with her. Pfft yeah like THAT would ever happen.

#1198 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:37 AM

I think everyone's biggest complaint with Gaara as Kazekage is that it's too sudden, he's too young, and he hasn't really proved himself. He did come to save the Leafs during the "Fetch Sasuke" thing but do the people of Wind Country know that? Would they care? It's hard to imagine someone who was so hated being promoted that easily, unless he was promoted out of fear. There are two kinds of respect, that from love and that from fear, right? ^^;;

Actually, Aethos, I agree with you. Why the hell would Hinata be his second choice?! I mean, have they even spoken since the chuunin exam? And all this about Hinata changing? She hasn't changed! She was still hiding when Naruto left! (Well, she might have changed in the past three years, but definatly not in the 100+ chapters between her fight with Neji and the end of the Part Un.) sleep.gif je ne comprende pas~~

I need to rant a little about Sasuke again.. sleep.gif, He's been annoying me so much lately, becuase, as Keira-chan pointed out, he keeps contradicting himself. I think he's contradictions stem from justifying he reasons for trying to kill his brother. I think he's going through the whole thing that Gaara talked about: "Why am I alive?", but for Sasuke it's more of the "Why did I survive? Why didn't he kill me?". Gaara tried to justify his life by vowing to kill everyone but himself, giving himself a purpose and a goal. Sasuke is still in the process of trying to decide how to justify his life. He told Sakura that he knew killing his brother wouldn't really solve anything, but I think he uses it to justify his exsistance.

After all this time he's spent blaming Itachi for the clan's killing, I wonder what would happen to Sasuke if our wildest speculations come true, and he finds out it wasn't Itachi after all. I think he'd break down... Well, more than he has already. ^^::

Honestly, deep down, I don't think he wanted to go to Orochimaru and if it wasn't for Itachi jumping up again, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone. Well, that's just my thoughts on it... >.< I need to stop psychoanalyzing story characters. yeeps!

OMG... I can't remember the last time I ranted so much... @.@

#1199 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:21 PM

I think I'm finally used to Gaara being Kazekage, which is probably a good thing. XD I was uneasy about it before, but I'm over it. ^^

Heh. I agree about Sasuke, Sori. I can't stand him...>< He's so...there isn't even a word I could use to describe my feelings, which is probably a good thing, too. XD

Ah well. Hopefully he'll go full circle in the end and recieve what's coming to him, the little bastard.

And as for Hinata, she's Neji's property, so there's no contest there.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#1200 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:28 PM

Hells yeah, Ash! XD That boy's got her labeled!
In fact, the only reason neither of them has reappeared is because they're being all smexy behind the scenes somewhere!! XDDD
Hyuugacest 4eveh!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users