• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#1 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:02 PM

Viz just announced on twitter that Naruto Shippuden English dub will air on Disney Channel XD.
Naruto Live action is here

#2 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:48 PM

[Pfffffft]LOL.[/Pfffffft]

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

Can you PLEASE give me the Source link? Twitter is not officially a good source. Just to make sure this IS legit.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is legit. The article was just annouced today.

Now Disney starting getting anime, hopefully I won't see any editing that might make them lose the series.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! rawr.gif

#5 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

HWHUT?! Are you EFFING SERIOUS?! I hate Disney - with a burning passion - and now they're going to get NARUTO SHIPPUDEN?! I don't even want to imagine what they're going to do to the series.

What are their voices going to be like? What about Sai's dialogue? And for god's sake, are they going to cut out those scenes with Suigetsu nekkid COMPLETELY?

I would much rather see Naruto on Adult Swin. There, it can go on as it was intended - action, blood, and questionable dialogue and images!

I'm scared for the series. I really, really am. What Nick did to Naruto... and what Disney is going to... facepalm.png

Edited by Froot, 10 September 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

^ Seriously people, stop going overboard with all the angst huh.gif

Be happy that it's even coming to TV. For a good while there Shippuden was going to be an internet-only series. At least wait and see how Disney shows it, before you start flaming them.

#7 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

OH wow. XD Disney's sampling a bit of everything lately, aren't they?

Well I'll give it a go I guess. smile.gif Another chance for me to watch the Chiyo and Sakura vs. Sasori fight. :3
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

I know. People, we have the series (thank GOD) aired on English TV. Stop complaining. CN lost the series and we know Adult Swim couldn't take it because all of the anime aired on the channel are in very bad time slots.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 10 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Seriously people, stop going overboard with all the angst huh.gif

Be happy that it's even coming to TV. For a good while there Shippuden was going to be an internet-only series. At least wait and see how Disney shows it, before you start flaming them.

I am NOT happy about it being on American t.v. In fact, I wish Naruto wasn't even an anime at all. All the over-exaggerations, the subbing, and the FILLERS! IMO, it is just so much better in its pure form - as a manga.

And now Disney's going to work their ''magic'' on Naruto? We'll be lucky if they only screw it up a little more than Viz did.

Btw, I'm not ''angsting.'' My post just happened to be really long. I have a lot to say. And can you blame me? This is...

Not cool, dude.

Edited by Froot, 10 September 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#10 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

#11 o0RavenBeauty0o

o0RavenBeauty0o

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Sep 10 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you PLEASE give me the Source link? Twitter is not officially a good source. Just to make sure this IS legit.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is legit. The article was just annouced today.

Now Disney starting getting anime, hopefully I won't see any editing that might make them lose the series.

Oh we probably will dry.gif *sigh* well that suck... shamefulcry0js.gif

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Sep 10 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am NOT happy about it being on American t.v. In fact, I wish Naruto wasn't even an anime at all. All the over-exaggerations, the subbing, and the FILLERS! IMO, it is just so much better in its pure form - as a manga.

And now Disney's going to work their ''magic'' on Naruto? We'll be lucky if they only screw it up a little more than Viz did.

Btw, I'm not ''angsting.'' My post just happened to be really long. I have a lot to say. And can you blame me? This is...

Not cool, dude.

rolleyes.gif

#13 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

I dunno if I should be laughing or crying....cuz while I'm glad it'll be on TV at the same time imagine the hack job the episodes are gonna get....

uc.png

#14 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Sep 10 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not cool, dude.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 10 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif

No need to roll your eyes Shuana. Even though the post is rather negitive, Froot tells the truth. The anime, though good at the begining, turned out to be worse then the manga originally made it. Sure it's not the animators fault, because they can only do so much, and the same goes with animators/dubbers in America. But overall, anime can only be a fraction of what the manga was, unless by some mirical everything falls into place the right way, which it rarely does.

Viz didn't do a good job of makeing Naruto in english, and Disney channel will have to sensor it 10x as much as Viz did, so you can only assume it will be worse than the first english dub, which wasn't that good to begin with.

I plan to see what they do with it, and im not being all angsty and immature about it, but i do agree with Froots overall opinion. It can only be so good, and Its very likely that disnay channel will cause Naruto veiws to go down the drain in America.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

I don't know, if I should BE crying or Laughing right know since Disney took my Marvel comics now their taking my Anime. Cries again, then laugh and wounder what they will replace the foul mouth Hidan words with.

#16 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Sep 10 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to roll your eyes Shuana. Even though the post is rather negitive, Froot tells the truth. The anime, though good at the begining, turned out to be worse then the manga originally made it. Sure it's not the animators fault, because they can only do so much, and the same goes with animators/dubbers in America. But overall, anime can only be a fraction of what the manga was, unless by some mirical everything falls into place the right way, which it rarely does.

Viz didn't do a good job of makeing Naruto in english, and Disney channel will have to sensor it 10x as much as Viz did, so you can only assume it will be worse than the first english dub, which wasn't that good to begin with.

I plan to see what they do with it, and im not being all angsty and immature about it, but i do agree with Froots overall opinion. It can only be so good, and Its very likely that disnay channel will cause Naruto veiws to go down the drain in America.

Thank you, Sora.

@ Sakura Blossoms

So what, I'm not allowed to have an opinion now? I'm being a good girl about it. I even edited my earlier post and took out some Hannah Montana bashing. I'm doing just what you told me.

I've got something to say, and have rights to say it, mod or not.

Anyways, as Sora said, Dinsney will have to censor it a lot more than Viz ever did, so we can expect to hear some ''are you a boy or a girl?'' instead of ''do you even have a kitten?'' which is okay, but the way they execute things and bend words just irks me. I'm SOOO glad viz didn't get Death Note dry.gif

#17 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Sep 10 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm SOOO glad viz didn't get Death Note dry.gif

Lol wut?

#18 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Sep 10 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Sakura Blossoms

So what, I'm not allowed to have an opinion now? I'm being a good girl about it. I even edited my earlier post and took out some Hannah Montana bashing. I'm doing just what you told me.

I've got something to say, and have rights to say it, mod or not.

I may have agreed with you, but you don't have to take it out on Shuana. She didn't try to stop your opinion nor did she say she was bashing. She simply stated her opinion with your negitive comment.

Overall, those few sentences were rather harsh towards Shuana. Shes a person too you know, not just a mod. Not cool Froot Loop. Not cool. sleep.gif

Edited by Sora no Senshi, 11 September 2009 - 12:51 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#19 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Sep 10 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not roll your eyes? I was--that reaction is an opinion to the posters response. I mean, if your opinion and Froot's opinion is that 'stick to the manga--the purest form--omg subtitles fillers galore they all suck' why even bother saying something about it being on disney channel? If the anime is doomed to begin with, why make a fuss where it is placed on English/USA tv? It's fine to dislike the anime but isn't that a little off topic when this board is clearly for those who actually want to watch the anime--in English for that matter? I doubly roll my eyes, in Shauna's defence.

We have YTV here in Canada who may take shippuuden. I hope so, mostly because of my brother. He's ten, will probably be 11-12 depending on when it airs here, and I'll be watching it with him. I don't want them to take a PG approach to something so obviously PG-13 or even 14A.

#20 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Sep 11 2009, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not roll your eyes? I was--that reaction is an opinion to the posters response. I mean, if your opinion and Froot's opinion is that 'stick to the manga--the purest form--omg subtitles fillers galore they all suck' why even bother saying something about it being on disney channel? If the anime is doomed to begin with, why make a fuss where it is placed on English/USA tv? It's fine to dislike the anime but isn't that a little off topic when this board is clearly for those who actually want to watch the anime--in English for that matter? I doubly roll my eyes, in Shauna's defence.

We have YTV here in Canada who may take shippuuden. I hope so, mostly because of my brother. He's ten, will probably be 11-12 depending on when it airs here, and I'll be watching it with him. I don't want them to take a PG approach to something so obviously PG-13 or even 14A.

yeah, i hope YTV gets it as well. theres a chance we might, but still. i guess i should just be glad we even have it on tv. even though, i dont usually watch it. im more of a manga person but i catch up on the anime when i feel like it :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users