• Please log in to reply
2011 replies to this topic

#1701 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

I know why they benched him, it's just a rare sight to see Belicheck bench Brady. 

Why did they think it was a good idea to trade Mankins again?

Mankins is already hurt this season. He has gotten too old. Bucs didn't see that, and so patriots got a really good replacement for Hernandez by clearing like 10m on their cap salary, and getting rid of an old man on his last leg.

Tim Wright will be up to speed with the offense around week 14-16. Patriots are preparing for the playoffs, not winning in the regular season. If you ask me, I think Bill is telling his defense to not play 100% aggressive. Play at like 80%, and have next to no injuries. Bill knows they will make 6th seed or higher, but if you maintain your talent by getting no major injuries, we will go places. Remember we lost in the AFC championship missing HALF OUR TEAM. Imagine us with a full team that has been greatly updated from last year's roster. While Broncos will fight but be missing 1-4 major players in the playoffs, image Patriots only missing like 1 major player. You'll see. Patriots playing for the big prize this year, not fancy stats.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#1702 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

This is from ESPN SportsCenter's twitter account:

"BREAKING: Raiders fire head coach Dennis Allen. Allen was 8-28 in 3 seasons with Oakland."

EDIT

NFL.com has a more in depth story.

Edited by Lid, 30 September 2014 - 04:11 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1703 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

Only 159 yards, one touchdown, overthrown passes and two interceptions. But I don't completely blame Brady for the loss. The offensive line didn't do much in protecting him.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1704 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

My Pats lost last night against the Cheifs... :wallbash:

#1705 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

So, last week, didn't go so well.

• Skins over Giants WRONG
  • Falons over Vikes WRONG
  • Steelers over Bucs WRONG
  • Bears over Pack WRONG
  • Bills over Texans WRONG
  • Colts over Titans RIGHT
  • Panthers over Ravens WRONG
  • Lions over Jets RIGHT
  • Phins over Raiders WRONG
  • Chargers over Jags RIGHT
  • 9ers over Eagles RIGHT
  • Saints over Boys WRONG
  • Pats over Chiefs WRONG

4-9, let's hope for a better round this time.

• Pack over Vikes
  • Steelers over Jags
  • Bears over Panthers
  • Browns over Titans
  • Eagles over Rams
  • Falcons over Giants
  • Saints over Bucs
  • Boys over Texans
  • Lions over Bills
  • Colts over Ravens
  • Broncos over Cards
  • Chiefs over 9ers
  • Chargers over Jets
  • Bengals over Pats
  • Hawks over Skins

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1706 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

viks got steamrolled by packs. i wish teddy could have played :(

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1707 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

viks got steamrolled by packs. i wish teddy could have played :(

I'm glad we won, but I wished it was a more competitive game. Their defense is better than that. I wonder what happened. They were on the field for a long time.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#1708 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

Skol Vikings let's win... let's... win.. this... game...  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1709 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

who's ready for some sunday football?

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1710 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

So why was Thompkins cut!?

Bengals win if Patriots offensive line keeps playing at 30%, and Patriots win if their line can put out half it's potential. Patriots are bound to be the best team in the league. Over half their roster is full of players that can make an impact this season. You have Browner coming in who is going to make our entire defense better. Revis, Browner, and Mccourty.... That is terrifying. You have Lafell, who is finally understanding the offense (caught over 100 yards against Chiefs), and Dobson is coming back soon. You got Wright who you got right before the season started. He has to learn the system just like Lafell had to do the entire offseason. Give Wright until week 15 or in the playoffs to get to 100% of his potential. At 6'-4", he has A LOT of potential at the tight-end receiving position. He is fast, quick, great route runner, and great hands. Had an amazing rookie season too with a team that kept him at 2nd string the whole time. Behind Gronk, he'll shine into near elite status when his potential is full. Easley is a promising pass rusher. Just like Collins, you got to give him time to adjust. You won't see him every snap, and he can be 20% of what you wanted to see from him the first 10 weeks of the season. Bill knows how to train versatility like no other coach ever. That's why Collins got 20x better in his rookie season. Patriots have wide receivers. They have tight ends, and possibly the best defense the Patriots have ever seen. All their problems are coming from an offensive line that isn't pushing itself to even 50%. Vollmer and Soldier are two great lineman, but their both playing stupid. In their defense, they do have a new offensive line coordinator. They had the same one their entire careers.  Give them time to get on the same page, and let them adjust. Patriots WILL be the best team in the NFL. They just have to shake off this 5-3 or 6-2 first half start, and go undefeated in the second half. LIKE THEY DO ALL THE TIME. Patriots have been the best team in this era for a reason. Something called "adversity." We had a terrible secondary for a few years, but we still managed to not allow but so many yards. Bill always finds a way if his players can't play 100%. For example. Ridley hasn't fumbled in about 200 snaps now. TRUST IN THE PATRIOT WAY!

2XtVwF6.png

#1711 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

if brady puts up another performance like last time, you can expect him to be benched. coach belichick ain't having it.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1712 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

if brady puts up another performance like last time, you can expect him to be benched. coach belichick ain't having it.

It all starts with him getting time in the pocket. Brady is the best quarterback of all time. You can't seriously blame him when he had a pretty good season with HALF his talent around him injured. Now a season later he can't have 2 seconds in the pocket but lets blame him? Yes he just had 2 interceptions. Both came really late in the game when he started tossing the ball up to try to catch up from a blowout. Stop acting like he threw 2 interceptions because he is that bad now. You're buying into a media that thinks Cowboys are elite. Don't be 90% of the NFL fans luffy.... be the smart 10% that laughs at how sad the media is getting with their stories.

2XtVwF6.png

#1713 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

It all starts with him getting time in the pocket. Brady is the best quarterback of all time. You can't seriously blame him when he had a pretty good season with HALF his talent around him injured. Now a season later he can't have 2 seconds in the pocket but lets blame him? Yes he just had 2 interceptions. Both came really late in the game when he started tossing the ball up to try to catch up from a blowout. Stop acting like he threw 2 interceptions because he is that bad now. You're buying into a media that thinks Cowboys are elite. Don't be 90% of the NFL fans luffy.... be the smart 10% that laughs at how sad the media is getting with their stories.

well i won't go into who's the best of all time, but i will say that my initial comment after the game against the chiefs i did not pin all the blame on brady. he's apart of it though.

just because i said brady will get benched if he puts up another performance like that you think i'm buying into the media? stop it. coach belichick has benched other players too if they perform poorly. 

fyi i don't believe the cowboys are elite, but their record shows that they're doing better than the pats. but given the cowboys history that will soon change.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1714 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

well i won't go into who's the best of all time, but i will say that my initial comment after the game against the chiefs i did not pin all the blame on brady. he's apart of it though.

just because i said brady will get benched if he puts up another performance like that you think i'm buying into the media? stop it. coach belichick has benched other players too if they perform poorly. 

fyi i don't believe the cowboys are elite, but their record shows that they're doing better than the pats. but given the cowboys history that will soon change.

No. They can't bench Brady. Unless there is an injury, you are never allowed to bench the face of your franchise. Brady isn't to blame at all. He just needs time in the pocket. THAT IS ALL.

2XtVwF6.png

#1715 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:16 AM

Yessssssssss my Pats are winning against the Bengals

#1716 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:39 AM

AJ who? Welcome to Revis Island. NO Browner or Hightower but still a blowout!? Best team in league.

Referees were absolutely terrible, and this game could of been a 50-0 kind of blowout if they weren't so bad. Whatever, still a huge blowout against the last undefeated team. We got out elite tightend duo back, and our o-line is playing in top 10 shape again. Like 250 rushing yards and over 300 passing yards against the best defense of the first quarter of the season. Lets get it boys. Top 5 offense, and best defense ready to get that super bowl victory!

2XtVwF6.png

#1717 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

seahawks vs redskins tonight

don't be surprised to see a redskin leave on a stretcher. the legion of boom is coming.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1718 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

Want to wish KT good luck in Oakland. Was a fun guy to watch. Undrafted, but never wanted to back down to the challenge. The young man caught the greatest play of the season last year. Was given a chance, and it seemed he could never pass the skill level of "an alright receiver." Everyone knew his potential with his height, speed, quickness, and route running. He could of been Tom's elite deep threat. He failed that completely, and it started looking like his career would be filled with many more injuries.

With Patriots tight end duo being back, letting go of thompkins wasn't a bad move at all. Already got Dobson, Edelman, Lafell, Amendola, and Tyms. That is 5 talented receivers (some more than others of course) right there. With the tight end duo on the verge of being elite again, the Patriots were able to run the ball too. Ridley got 113 yards, and Vereen for 90 (Tom got 12 himself...). We also have our o-line at top 10 shape again. That rookie we got in the 3rd round (Byran Stork #66) was out the entire preseason, and first 3 games. Now he comes in week 4, and has 2 amazing games in a row? That guy kept all-pro defensive tackle Poe (from the Chiefs) away from Tom by himself in the loudest stadium of all time.... in his first NFL appearance.  Wendall and Connolly looked AMAZING at the guard position. Nate Soldier and Sebastian Vollmer finally got mad and allowed Tom PLENTY of time in the pocket. Tom was pressured twice all game, and only sacked once. I blame the sack mostly on Tom for not doing a better juke.... he took a baby step when all he needed to do was move a good foot in the left in 3 seconds... Anyway, our depth is looking a lot better, and Revis Island looked terrifying. Browner will be back this week too. If Mccourty plays (he has an extremely minor injury... but its against the Bills so I say we just sit him) then our #1 defensive will finally have arrived.

In other good news for the Patriots. What I said was 100% true. The broncos letting go of Moreno would hurt them in big games. Against Chiefs and Seattle, they couldn't run anywhere because (just like I said... he would only be decent) Ball isn't that great of a runnerback. Now... guess what? Ball might be out for the entire season with a hip injury that should at the very least keep him out for most of the season. Now they have Hillman at starting runnerback? Yeah... just drop everyone into the backfield.... Broncos aren't the best offense anymore....

2XtVwF6.png

#1719 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

SeaHawks got this hands down

#1720 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

Want to wish KT good luck in Oakland. Was a fun guy to watch. Undrafted, but never wanted to back down to the challenge. The young man caught the greatest play of the season last year. Was given a chance, and it seemed he could never pass the skill level of "an alright receiver." Everyone knew his potential with his height, speed, quickness, and route running. He could of been Tom's elite deep threat. He failed that completely, and it started looking like his career would be filled with many more injuries.

With Patriots tight end duo being back, letting go of thompkins wasn't a bad move at all. Already got Dobson, Edelman, Lafell, Amendola, and Tyms. That is 5 talented receivers (some more than others of course) right there. With the tight end duo on the verge of being elite again, the Patriots were able to run the ball too. Ridley got 113 yards, and Vereen for 90 (Tom got 12 himself...). We also have our o-line at top 10 shape again. That rookie we got in the 3rd round (Byran Stork #66) was out the entire preseason, and first 3 games. Now he comes in week 4, and has 2 amazing games in a row? That guy kept all-pro defensive tackle Poe (from the Chiefs) away from Tom by himself in the loudest stadium of all time.... in his first NFL appearance.  Wendall and Connolly looked AMAZING at the guard position. Nate Soldier and Sebastian Vollmer finally got mad and allowed Tom PLENTY of time in the pocket. Tom was pressured twice all game, and only sacked once. I blame the sack mostly on Tom for not doing a better juke.... he took a baby step when all he needed to do was move a good foot in the left in 3 seconds... Anyway, our depth is looking a lot better, and Revis Island looked terrifying. Browner will be back this week too. If Mccourty plays (he has an extremely minor injury... but its against the Bills so I say we just sit him) then our #1 defensive will finally have arrived.

In other good news for the Patriots. What I said was 100% true. The broncos letting go of Moreno would hurt them in big games. Against Chiefs and Seattle, they couldn't run anywhere because (just like I said... he would only be decent) Ball isn't that great of a runnerback. Now... guess what? Ball might be out for the entire season with a hip injury that should at the very least keep him out for most of the season. Now they have Hillman at starting runnerback? Yeah... just drop everyone into the backfield.... Broncos aren't the best offense anymore....

Moreno's on the DL for most of the season too...Dunno how keeping him would have helped. That has been Moreno's problem for his whole career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users