28 replies to this topic

#1 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

I thought I was over it and in a way I am, however I loved Naruto and just whenever I think of the atrocity that happened I get super angry and frustrated.

I've said this before I'm not delusional if the signs pointed towards nh then I would have probably supported that, BUT for 15yrs, chapter after chapter, NS is constantly reinforced so when something like this happens how are we supposed to deal.

And its clearly not just me, I googled kishi and sakura and stuff about the confession popped up. This is what someone wrote on yahoo answers years ago

Update : @Eidarous >> I'm sorry dude, but what you want or not is not relevant here. 
Your logic is twisted. So if Naruto ended up with Sakura, it would be unfair to "poor Hinata" ? 
What about Naruto loving Sakura ? Naruto loves Sakura from the beginning too, not Hinata. 
So, according to your logic, wouldn't it be fair for him to get the girl (Sakura) he has always loved to love him in return ? The said girl who is a MAIN character, just like him. 
Hinata is ONLY a support character. She's only there to be in the background for the main characters, to SUPPORT them. Not to overwhelm them with her feelings, that are, at the end of the day, absolutely unnecessary to the plot of the manga (only necessary to her own development, since her character can pretty much be summed up by "N-Naruto-kun"). 
Now, I'd like you to think about this : what is the most important, that the main character who has his own name on the cover of the manga, manages to reach his belo
Update 2: @ Craig >> If you don't follow the manga, please refrain from answering. 
There's something called "character development" that makes a pairing that was unlikely at the beginning a firm possibility at its end. 

Plus, if you want to talk about "the beginning", then I invite you to read the reply I gave to Eidarous, above. Hinata was out of the competition from the very beginning. 
Sasuke has clearly rejected Sakura FROM THE START, but Naruto only loved her since they were young. A minor character's feelings like Hinata's aren't relevant, here.

I mean he/she is clearly right hinata has been a side character since day one, Sakura is the main heroine, Naruto is the main character/hero, he says he likes her, the story is built around getting what he wanted and never giving up….but rather the girls get what they want and sasuke the evil douche gets everything just cause kishi identifies with him, also naruto wasted chunks of his life chasing that asshat

I'm just so furious…..we should all pool our money and buy the rights to Naruto and do it right this time….kitten masashi kishimoto.

#2 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

He decided that Hinata was more popular and he also felt pity for her so she became the main heroine

Nothing we can do about it unfortunately cept make better fanon

#3 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:33 AM

He decided that Hinata was more popular and he also felt pity for her so she became the main heroine

Nothing we can do about it unfortunately cept make better fanon

Kishimoto felt victim to perceived popularity and choice a secondary character over his main(Naruto)

Such a sad man

@OP

I used to also be angry because I felt that my logic, no matter how much it made sense, was completely wrong after 699 and 700 came out

But after hearing about his older interviews and his latest one, I'm now sure that my logic was always 100% correct, it's just that the author decided to ruin his manga 

Posted Image

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

@bthug: You're not alone on that my friend. I feel a torrent of rage whenever I think of the ending, and I'm not exaggerating on that.

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2014 - 01:25 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, me too, bthug. I'm still not over it.

I just posted this in the movie thread:

As someone posted earlier, I really have not been able to go back and look at any of the chapters. I'll never read the last two again. But the rest? Eh.... I can bear looking at images supporting NS. But looking back at the manga itself...it's like looking in the windows of a house I no longer live in. I can see where everything went, I can remember the life I had there, but no matter how familiar it feels, I know it's no longer mine. And I have to move on.

There's no happy ending for Naruto. Just an end.

#6 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

As someone posted earlier, I really have not been able to go back and look at any of the chapters. I'll never read the last two again. But the rest? Eh.... I can bear looking at images supporting NS. But looking back at the manga itself...it's like looking in the windows of a house I no longer live in. I can see where everything went, I can remember the life I had there, but no matter how familiar it feels, I know it's no longer mine. And I have to move on.

This.

#7 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

It is incredibly frustrating, but the train wreak that is NH, The Last, and the end of Naruto itself will burn for years. All of it was rushed, none of it was treated with care and respect and that just makes all of it fake and unbelievable. It does bother me that I can't feel anything for older Naruto and Sakura, but I still support their relationship before the ending. The manga had all the proof in their for their relationship to happen and The Last ignoring all of it just proves that NS was indeed a OTP. Being canon is one thing but having a real developed relationship that most of the fandom supports is something else.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#8 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

i feel the same way.bthug

#9 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

Amen to that, Tricks. :hug: :smooch:

#10 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

Definitely not delusional. I wouldn't have shipped NS as strongly as I did if I didn't honestly feel it made the most sense and that the writing was leaning that way. Even with this ending, I'm sure of this. NH popped almost out of nowhere.

I suppose 615 could be counted as a hint at what was to come, especially since it would have been from within the two year time frame that the movie was in production. But even after that point the writing wasn't leaning that way like at all. Perhaps, by that point, NS development WAS a red herring. But I honestly do not believe that was the case before then. When viewed overall, I'm certain NS was the intention of the author, until popularity and money forced some decisions to be made. It's the only explanation.

I'm over this emotionally to the point where I for the most part don't care anymore, but hanging out in the movie threads here does get me a little riled up.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 15 December 2014 - 09:56 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#11 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

Same for me I have 66 volumes on my shelf that I will never touch again, I think that is what makes me the angriest. Even looking at them makes me feel slightly sick, I feel I have wasted almost $1500 on Naruto related merchandise including the volumes and Shonen Jump etc.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#12 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

I'm not really angry tbh, I'm swinging between laughing about it and just being sad and disappointed. Like one minute I am grieving Sakura-chan, she was literally thrown in the trash by her creator who gave up on her. Her relationship with Naruto too, romantic or not it's like it's GONE. It isn't present in the movie(though the movie is nh and nh only..), or after 698. And that is why rtn is better, they cherished all bonds, instead of just one. I miss Gaara, Iruka, Kakashi, most of all Sakura, and even Sasuke.

Then, a new interview comes out, and I just...can't. XDDDD Suddenly it's too bad to be true, and then I wonder who is responsible for this crap. And I am a bit pissed that NH dragged everything down with it, but the fact that it had to change so much is just proof that it doesn't fit in the story because it wasn't written like that.

Edited by sushi., 15 December 2014 - 10:52 PM.

ナルサク

#13 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Same for me I have 66 volumes on my shelf that I will never touch again, I think that is what makes me the angriest. Even looking at them makes me feel slightly sick, I feel I have wasted almost $1500 on Naruto related merchandise including the volumes and Shonen Jump etc.

I'd say sell 'em. Better to do so and get at least something back then to keep them and just get depressed every time you look at them.

That's what I did. Sold every single volume I owned, along with the video games and DVDs. I was able to get some cool stuff I wanted out of it.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#14 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

Dangggg. What a time to have no money.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#15 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

I'm not really angry tbh, I'm swinging between laughing about it and just being sad and disappointed. Like one minute I am grieving Sakura-chan, she was literally thrown in the trash by her creator who gave up on her. Her relationship with Naruto too, romantic or not it's like it's GONE. It isn't present in the movie(though the movie is nh and nh only..), or after 698. And that is why rtn is better, they cherished all bonds, instead of just one. I miss Gaara, Iruka, Kakashi, most of all Sakura, and even Sasuke.

Then, a new interview comes out, and I just...can't. XDDDD Suddenly it's too bad to be true, and then I wonder who is responsible for this crap. And I am a bit pissed that NH dragged everything down with it, but the fact that it had to change so much is just proof that it doesn't fit in the story because it wasn't written like that.

This is me, I agree 110% I'll feel more disappointment then anger. I'll still voice my views on everything that went wrong, but when I sit back and look at my feelings, anger isnt really present. Instead I to find everything laughable with how bad it all is.

Edited by Konohakitten, 16 December 2014 - 01:22 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#16 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Sad to say, Naruto will always be remembered as a trainwreck...

Edited by Miss Soupy, 16 December 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#17 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

i think the movie was gonna be narusaku. because kishi had to rewrite the script and SP's teaser["sakura is narutos...or however it whent.] so, i think it was originally supossed to be a different story but, kishi changed it all.

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 16 December 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#18 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

I'm not really angry anymore. It's more so bitterness and disgust for how things turned out.

#19 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

Whether its specially anger or not, I'm glad to hear that we are all in this together. 

Kishimoto felt victim to perceived popularity and choice a secondary character over his main(Naruto)

Such a sad man

@OP

I used to also be angry because I felt that my logic, no matter how much it made sense, was completely wrong after 699 and 700 came out

But after hearing about his older interviews and his latest one, I'm now sure that my logic was always 100% correct, it's just that the author decided to ruin his manga 

I agree, logic points to NS and def not to NH. I guess like you said Kishi just wanted to ruin his manga. 

@bthug: You're not alone on that my friend. I feel a torrent of rage whenever I think of the ending, and I'm not exaggerating on that.

I'm kinda glad you're not kidding lol, because so do I. 

Well stated. I too felt so apart of Naruto, almost like it was mine or ours collectively, but than this just totally ruined everything for me. I see ppl who might not have been invested in pairings or perhaps they wanted nh, continue on in that house u speak of, but its just not for me anymore.

It is incredibly frustrating, but the train wreak that is NH, The Last, and the end of Naruto itself will burn for years. All of it was rushed, none of it was treated with care and respect and that just makes all of it fake and unbelievable. It does bother me that I can't feel anything for older Naruto and Sakura, but I still support their relationship before the ending. The manga had all the proof in their for their relationship to happen and The Last ignoring all of it just proves that NS was indeed a OTP. Being canon is one thing but having a real developed relationship that most of the fandom supports is something else.

This part makes me really sad, like I said it felt like Naruto was my dude, our Goku or something (granted i watched dbz when it aired, but dbz just doesn't have that impact right now)  and after the catastrophe of an ending I can't relate or care for Naruto has a hokage, which was supposed to be the crowing achievement, not to mention Naruto in the last movie. 

Definitely not delusional. I wouldn't have shipped NS as strongly as I did if I didn't honestly feel it made the most sense and that the writing was leaning that way. Even with this ending, I'm sure of this. NH popped almost out of nowhere.

I suppose 615 could be counted as a hint at what was to come, especially since it would have been from within the two year time frame that the movie was in production. But even after that point the writing wasn't leaning that way like at all. Perhaps, by that point, NS development WAS a red herring. But I honestly do not believe that was the case before then. When viewed overall, I'm certain NS was the intention of the author, until popularity and money forced some decisions to be made. It's the only explanation.

I'm over this emotionally to the point where I for the most part don't care anymore, but hanging out in the movie threads here does get me a little riled up.

That's exactly how I feel, if i didn't think NS had a chance or if it didn't make sense I would have never supported it.  

I too recommend selling them, get some joy out of that wretched space wasting stuff. And from now jif you want to look up NS just look it up online. I sold my Ninja Storm game

Yea like wtf….700 chapter,s movies, 3 years in their world and 15 in ours and and Naruto and Sakura don't even say a word or exchange any type of bond in the end…not a single word of thanks, how are you, a hug, nothing….absolute atrocity. 

I'd say sell 'em. Better to do so and get at least something back then to keep them and just get depressed every time you look at them.

That's what I did. Sold every single volume I owned, along with the video games and DVDs. I was able to get some cool stuff I wanted out of it.

Good kitten…sucks cause i really enjoy the ninja storm game, but I sold mine, was looking fwd to getting new one, but i just can't support kitten

Sad to say, Naruto will always be remembered as a trainwreck...

I hope you're right.

#20 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Whether its specially anger or not, I'm glad to hear that we are all in this together. 

I agree, logic points to NS and def not to NH. I guess like you said Kishi just wanted to ruin his manga. 

I'm kinda glad you're not kidding lol, because so do I. 

Well stated. I too felt so apart of Naruto, almost like it was mine or ours collectively, but than this just totally ruined everything for me. I see ppl who might not have been invested in pairings or perhaps they wanted nh, continue on in that house u speak of, but its just not for me anymore.

This part makes me really sad, like I said it felt like Naruto was my dude, our Goku or something (granted i watched dbz when it aired, but dbz just doesn't have that impact right now)  and after the catastrophe of an ending I can't relate or care for Naruto has a hokage, which was supposed to be the crowing achievement, not to mention Naruto in the last movie. 

That's exactly how I feel, if i didn't think NS had a chance or if it didn't make sense I would have never supported it.  

I too recommend selling them, get some joy out of that wretched space wasting stuff. And from now jif you want to look up NS just look it up online. I sold my Ninja Storm game

Yea like wtf….700 chapter,s movies, 3 years in their world and 15 in ours and and Naruto and Sakura don't even say a word or exchange any type of bond in the end…not a single word of thanks, how are you, a hug, nothing….absolute atrocity. 

Good kitten…sucks cause i really enjoy the ninja storm game, but I sold mine, was looking fwd to getting new one, but i just can't support kitten

I hope you're right.

Right? I preordered Revolutions and everything...I didn't even get to play the whole thing through. It's extremely disappointing. I loved the Ultimate Ninja Storm Games a lot. Not just as a Naruto game, but as a game itself. But I just couldn't keep it anymore because most Naruto stuff I had hurt to look at...and what left I have still hurts sometimes.

The fact that it was either sell the games or never play them again/cringe everytime I do play them, hurt both as an (ex)Naruto fan AND as a gamer. :ermm:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users