31567 replies to this topic

#29481 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 09:18 PM

Popular, sure. But she didn’t sell though as pointed out.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29482 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 December 2020 - 09:34 PM

"Popular" uh-huh but there wasn't that many merchandise of her since during the franchise run. What's worse because of The Last, there were dozens of her merchandise out at the last minute, pun intended, which that's sounds like a big no-no for marketing. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29483 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 10:28 PM

I think it's funny that I see Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, even Gaara merchandise but never Hinata's. Is Hinata as popular as her fans make her out to be?

She is more popular than you expect, less popular than what people will have you believe. I don't see Hinata merchandise even in the states. She is NOT on the box sets for the manga, she is NOT on Naruto merchandise of posters and group photos. She is not even praised in Boruto anymore.

For a character everyone says is so popular, she is hardly ever seen. What a joke. She was not even the Fourth Shinobi War celebration episodes of the heroes. Guess who was there? Sakura. She is on the boxes, Merchandise and more. Hell, there was a small moment in time of Hinata products and....they didn't sell.

It is the funniest thing ever.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29484 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:30 PM

At least Kairi was part of the KH3 promotional ads.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29485 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 02:58 AM

"Popular" uh-huh but there wasn't that many merchandise of her since during the franchise run. What's worse because of The Last, there were dozens of her merchandise out at the last minute, pun intended, which that's sounds like a big no-no for marketing. 

Popular as in you see votes on popularity polls, obviously. But again as we've all said, She doesn't sell. She's barely in any merchandising  and I'm SURE that any product during "The Last's" run in theatres were outright rejected out of spite for that travesty audiences were subjected to, so no one wanted to buy anything related to "The Last", MUCH LESS HINATA STUFF. At least I'm assuming

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 January 2021 - 02:19 AM.

#29486 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:39 AM

This popularity thing is so overrated though...

I think we as a collective need to move towards something else. 

The industries should be doing the same thing, because yeah, okay, you wanna make money, but at least do it right??

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29487 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:03 AM

The industries should be doing the same thing, because yeah, okay, you wanna make money, but at least do it right??

Amen to that, Chatte.

#29488 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:00 PM

Oh I know, and I agree fully

#29489 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:14 AM

So, I've been drinking.

SP were the ones who tried to make Hinata more prominent in Naruto, we all can agree to that. But I think a couple of posts ago I stumbled across why they did so. They believed she would become more prominent as the series went on. After all, she was introduced as a girl who was in love with Naruto despite nearly everyone in the village holding him in (admittedly somewhat deserved) low regard. That's a clear sign she should figure prominently into Naruto's future love life.

But the thing is, this was them acting upon an assumption. And as we all know, Kishi had no idea what the story of Naruto was going to be about. His ideas were vetoed by his editor, who pushed him into making essentially Shonen 101. This is back when the One Tail was a beast similar to the Kyuubi, rather than another member of the band. This is before Akatsuki, the retconning of the Uzumaki clan or Uchiha worship. They thought Hinata would figure into what was going to happen latter on rather than falling into even more irrevelence than Yamcha.

It honestly reminds me of a few anecdotes.

1) Detective Conan adapted an early case where the client was supposed to be killed by the Black Organization, but the anime changed it so she survived. All's well and good...until over a dozen volumes later her sister joins the cast with her death playing a huge role in the story. Whoops. So they had to reintroduce Akemi Miyano, kill her off, then introduce Haibara to advance the plot.

2) The relation between Power Rangers and the corresponding sentai has changed over time. While today they have the entire series they are adapting available to review and make plans for, during the original Saban era that wasn't the case. They often were making Power Rangers off a still airing season. This leads to cases like with them planning Power Rangers In Space around space travel due to seeing the robot for Megaranger...except Megaranger was based around technology and did not travel through space. Or how they wrote things for Lightspeed Rescue because it looked like certain villains would be more important, only for them to turn out not to be. Or even relatively more recently, with the Disney staff planning a dark, gritty series to save the franchise from the executives who wanted to kill it (moms didn't like it because it was too violent, this was just before Disney acquired Marvel and Star Wars). Then they were given Go-Onger, a super goofy series.

3) The head writer of Kamen Rider Ghost wasn't that involved with the series, leaving huge chunks of the series to be written by other writers. Then the head writer would come back and introduce something that would contradict what was already put into the series. Ghost is, well, Ghost is a mess because of this and other reasons (losing funding for Kamen Rider Amazons, or dropping how Ghost was originally supposed to fight because parents thought it looked too scary), and the head writer swears he will be more involved with Saber this year (which is a really, really bad series, I'd argue "so bad it's good" though).

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#29490 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:54 AM

Huh. Never thought of it like that. But they were proven wrong either way, And "their wet dreams" bias and forcing everyone to go with that bias has catastrophic consequences to this day 

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 December 2020 - 01:54 AM.

#29491 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:12 AM

Huh. Never thought of it like that. But they were proven wrong either way, And "their wet dreams" bias and forcing everyone to go with that bias has catastrophic consequences to this day 

True. This was just an attempt at guessing where they were coming from.

Even them trying to force the series to comply with their vision a bit of sense when we remember the American market isn't the same as the Japanese. Whereas in Japan the manga was more important with the anime being promotion for it, in America it was the anime that stood out during a period where anime was becoming bigger than it ever was before. Since they're the ones making the product that's bigger overseas rather than Kishimoto's version, they would have more of a leg to stand on arguing their vision was the one they should go with. Their version was the worldwide hit, and they pushed Hinata as the love interest so they thought Kishi should do the same thing.

iSP2FNe.png

#29492 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

Checked this out a boxer has posted a tweet asking how come Naruto and sakura never got together, the NH & SS are salty as you except https://twitter.com/...0832145409?s=19

Also I'm arguing with a hinata fan when I replied using the hinata trips over a rock pic and the fan used a response that that naruto also tripped but I cant recall when he did that him ever doing that. https://twitter.com/...1906278402?s=19

#29493 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:38 AM

Checked this out a boxer has posted a tweet asking how come Naruto and sakura never got together, the NH & SS are salty as you except https://twitter.com/...0832145409?s=19

Also I'm arguing with a hinata fan when I replied using the hinata trips over a rock pic and the fan used a response that that naruto also tripped but I cant recall when he did that him ever doing that. https://twitter.com/...1906278402?s=19

never liked Garcia too much, but he definitely earned a fan in me with that post.

And the NH/SS's version of the Manga is the Anime. Their whole worlds would get shattered once they read the Manga. I remember Naruto tripping, but that was wayyy back in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc when his chakra was drained. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to use that as some sort of parallel, lol. Seems like their style. You should also flash Hinata's own words at them, that she will quote "Stop chasing Naruto after the war." Unquote. She was literally going to give up on being with Naruto, and her tripping over the rock only further symbolized it. Then you should flash the pic from 663 that paralled NS and SK with each other, showing the real intended pairings. A couple of chapters after Hinata's confession, Naruto had a confession of his own... about him loving Sakura-Chan.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29494 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:52 AM

True. This was just an attempt at guessing where they were coming from.

Even them trying to force the series to comply with their vision a bit of sense when we remember the American market isn't the same as the Japanese. Whereas in Japan the manga was more important with the anime being promotion for it, in America it was the anime that stood out during a period where anime was becoming bigger than it ever was before. Since they're the ones making the product that's bigger overseas rather than Kishimoto's version, they would have more of a leg to stand on arguing their vision was the one they should go with. Their version was the worldwide hit, and they pushed Hinata as the love interest so they thought Kishi should do the same thing.

It is a good insight on things don't get me wrong. I am well aware of how niche manga is compare to anime in the west. I don't see nearly as much fans talk about manga as they do anime. just an observation as a personal manga enthusiast myself :smile:

I honestly don't care about whatever arguments they bring up because they are childish, biased and have no logical basis and could be picked apart by any that actually puts any thought into it. THEN the indignance starts and they start insulting the opposition. In all honesty, They are SOOO DAMN offended by Sakura's initial characterization that they obsess why Naruto SHOULDN'T pick her instead of actually think why  Naruto SHOULD PICK HINATA and why Sasuke SHOULD PICK SAKURA, and it should have nothing to do with because the "girls always loved the guys first". It has to be reciprocal.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 December 2020 - 04:29 PM.

#29495 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:09 PM

It is a good insight on things don't get me wrong. I am well aware of how niche manga is compare to anime in the west. I don't see nearly as much fans talk about manga as they do anime. just an observation as a personal manga enthusiast myself :smile:

I honestly don't care about what ever arguments they bring up because they are childish, biased and have no logical basis and could be picked apart by any that actually puts any thought into it. THEN the indignance starts and they start insulting  the opposition. In all honesty, They are SOOO DAMN offended by Sakura's initial characterization that they obsess why Naruto SHOULDN'T pick her instead of actually think why  Naruto SHOULD PICK HINATA and why Sasuke SHOULD PICK SAKURA, and it should have nothing to do with because the "girls always loved the guys", because it has to be reciprocal.

thoughts aren't necessary. Throw one panel at them and they are down for the count. Throw one more and you finish them off. They'll be begging for their lives when you get ready to throw that second one at them.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 21 December 2020 - 12:16 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29496 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 04:04 PM

As for Hinata popularity in Japan. She was ok from what I understand wasn't loved but wasn't hated partly because nH fanbase over there wasn't that huge; though they were still fanatical and had a sizable number at SP. So, they didn't annoy people into hating her like the rest of the world; during Naruto's run. Most saw her as Neji's (who was very popular over there) eventual love interest (cousin-cousin marriage are fine in Japan).

Then the ending happen and she became the heroine/Hero's love interest therefor a main character obviously to the Japanese replacing Sakura. The Japanese were confused why that happened (though a lot quickly realize it was for the western fans) and went along with it hoping it would be good...Then the Last and all the came with it happened turned nH for them into the "Pairing of Death" in a few short months.

As for SP misreading Kishi and making Hinata more important than she was suppose to be? I doubt that. By Shounen 101 standards Sakura was the clear love interest while Hinata was at best a second option. They wanted Hinata to be important and therefor made Filler to make her more prominent.  

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 December 2020 - 01:25 AM.

#29497 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:35 PM

The only thing I can say about this is....is that the more people that come out asking why Naruto and Sakura didn't get together...the more it proves how there is some legit stuff in there. It is just said that when a neutral fans asks a legit question, the almost immediate response is..."because you're a salty pairing fan."

They don't have a real answer. Sure, they give all these trivial garbage logic, but there is no real reason why Naruto and Sakura didn't get together when you have pairings like Minato and Kushina that had the EXACT SAME DYNAMIC.

The ONLY reason they give is "Because *insert girl* loved them." That's not a good enough reason. You are basically saying that the guy's feelings never mattered and only girls can dictate love affairs.

Okay, then how does Toradora feel so right? They both loved different people only to realize they loved each other more. You can make arguments that Taiga is abusive too and she deserved nobody, but you will never hear fans say this. Only in Naruto.

I still am baffled
Why is Naruto such a special case? I NEVER hear any other fanbase argue like this in any other situation. The closet one I can think of is Bleach and even then that wasn't that bad.

As for Hinata popularity in Japan. She was ok from what I understand wasn't loved but wasn't hated partly because nH fanbase over there wasn't that huge; though they were still fanatical and had a sizable number at SP. So, they didn't annoy people into hating her like the rest of the world; during Naruto's run. Most saw her as Neji's (who was very popular over there) eventual love interest (cousin-cousin marriage are fine in Japan).

Then the ending happen and she became the heroine/Hero's love interest therefor a main character obviously to the Japanese replacing Sakura. The Japanese were confused why that happened (though a lot quickly realize it was for the western fans) and went along with it hoping it would be good...Then the Last and all the came with it happened turned nH for them into the "Pairing of Death" in a few short months.

As for SP misreading Kishi and making Hinata more important than she was suppose to be? I doubt that. By Shounen 101 standards Sakura was the clear love interest while Hinata was at best as second option. They wanted Hinata to be important and therefor made Filler to make her more prominent.  

I would also add that the only reason Hinata got any headway in Japan was because her VA is a popstar icon, but that's it. They never liked the character herself, just her VA. Maybe that is why staff at SP liked her so much because of her VA and they were obsessed with wanting to bang their pop star. I don't know.

All I know is is that SP showed clear case of bias and purposely forced Hinata to be more important than she actually was. Plus, SP has to continue to deny their hate for Sakura on a daily basis even though we know, they hated her. At least a good portion of the staff did.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29498 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:28 PM

I know Hinata's VA has gotten backlash over her roles in recent years, something to do with not just NaruHina but another pairing as well. Think they even went after her for Cross Ange having a male as the lead's love interest.

iSP2FNe.png

#29499 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:37 PM

I would also add that the only reason Hinata got any headway in Japan was because her VA is a popstar icon, but that's it. They never liked the character herself, just her VA. Maybe that is why staff at SP liked her so much because of her VA and they were obsessed with wanting to bang their pop star. I don't know.

All I know is is that SP showed clear case of bias and purposely forced Hinata to be more important than she actually was. Plus, SP has to continue to deny their hate for Sakura on a daily basis even though we know, they hated her. At least a good portion of the staff did.

From what I understand Hinata was actually her first VA role so when she was first introduced she wasn't that big. Though I don't have a timeline of her rise to fame to confirm anymore then that. She apparently she eventually became a famous pop star like you said, and were given other roles in other anime that made her super popular.

Hinata in of herself is not that interesting a character even in her archetype of moe. She is a cypher for her fans.

#29500 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:41 PM

I know Hinata's VA has gotten backlash over her roles in recent years, something to do with not just NaruHina but another pairing as well. Think they even went after her for Cross Ange having a male as the lead's love interest.

That's the lesbian prison girls force to fight monster in giant robots anime right? Were the complaints in Japan or in the west?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 December 2020 - 11:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users