• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#21 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

I'm really torn on the issue. Sasuke has definitely become a total jerk, and seems way too far gone to the point where his death would be fine, however at the same time I could totally except the idea of him getting redemption in some way.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#22 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Well, it looks like Naruto is more comprehensible to people than us. Glad he is the savior. LOL

But seriously, I think Sasuke will somehow redeem himself.

The war situation is getting very difficult. The Shinobi's Alliance has been shaken. They have, Edo Tensei, the bijus of Shakra, and Nagato's rinegan e Itachi's mangekyu: together! And still having Madara's Mangekyu+Sharingan. I believe that the addition of Sasuke to the side of the Alliance would be very welcome.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#23 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

Naruto: -Beats Sasuke after he kills a whole village of Cockney Orphans.- THIS IS THE END-TTEBAYO.

Sasuke: I want to be a good guy again. kthx.

Naruto: B- But the orphans and those thousands of other people you killed!

Sasuke: Yeah, forget them.

Naruto: AH KK.

Naruto, if written by a five-year old. And, most likely the ending of the manga.

#24 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ May 21 2011, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto: -Beats Sasuke after he kills a whole village of Cockney Orphans.- THIS IS THE END-TTEBAYO.

Naruto, if written by a five-year old. And, most likely the ending of the manga.

Epic. Win.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#25 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

naw sasuke better get saved cause thats what i've been waiting for! naruto says he was gonna do it this whole time, telling people that he wont give up then he better do his naruto-thing and live up to his word. save sasuke.

naruto's gonna show people what he can do afterall! never give up!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#26 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ May 21 2011, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL LOL LOL!!

But in fact, Sasuke only killed, so far, been the samurais. And if they did not have children? LOL

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#27 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

Yea but how do you guys expect Naruto to "save" sasuke. Its not like he is going to talk to him or beat him to a pulp to the point where he either drags sasuke into the village (which would be epic) or sasuke just changes his mind and comes back to the village and lives a normal life? Unless they had a cliche moment in which the two share moments during the fight I don't see that happening, even then I have a hard time seeing that. He is going to die unless he has a master plan like itachi did.

#28 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ May 22 2011, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea but how do you guys expect Naruto to "save" sasuke. Its not like he is going to talk to him or beat him to a pulp to the point where he either drags sasuke into the village (which would be epic) or sasuke just changes his mind and comes back to the village and lives a normal life? Unless they had a cliche moment in which the two share moments during the fight I don't see that happening, even then I have a hard time seeing that. He is going to die unless he has a master plan like itachi did.

It's Naruto. He'll find a way 'dattbyo! rolleyes.gif

#29 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

I think that Sasuke is somehow going to see his wrongs (probably after Madara had wounded or otherwise betrayed him so he understands he's been used al along) and understand that he had a chance to live a normal life if he just wasn't so selfish. He'll probably help Naruto defeat Madara or save Naruto before Madara is able to finish him.

This could happen in two ways or he kills Madara before Madara can finish Naruto in which case I think Naruto (and the persons that are helping him in the battle) let him escape to start a new life away from Konoha, or he pushes Naruto out of the way taking the attack for him in which case he could either die redeemed, or he is gravely injured and given a new chance by Konoha but is still banished and takes on some kind of wanderer lifestyle like Jiraiya.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#30 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

Yea Naruto definitely will not kill him, he said so himself.(as much as i would love to see Naruto pummel him) I see it unfolding similarly, but I do not think sasuke will live. Maybe Madara will almost kill Naruto and sasuke starts to fight Madara because he wants to be the one to kill Naruto. (This would retain the fact that he is still a villain, sort of) But while fighting Madara over who gets to kill Naruto, Madara kills sasuke....the other way is sasuke will take a death hit for Naruto, which seems like the biggest possibility.

#31 ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuSarutobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

i think sasuke will kill himself at the end lol
NaruSaku

#32 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 21 2011, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the people of this forum tend to be more sensitive compared with the most of Naruto's fans out there. We are a minority who could better see the true love story of the plot, which is NaruSaku. So it amazes me that prejudice against the Sasuke.

It is obvious that everyone here prefer Naruto. The blonde is a denser character, wiser (at least intuitively wiser), emotionally more stronger, more obstinate, less influenced, etc. However, as the Naruto said, he needed Sasuke to be like that.

Also Naruto HAS to save Sasuke. Is part of his mission as "the boy of the prophecy" that will bring peace to the world.

The reason why Naruto wants to save Sasuke is bigger than Sasuke, is greater than the Naruto and is smaller, but essential to the ultimate goal of our hero: to bring peace to the world Shinobi ending the cycle of hatred.

The trouble all began when two brothers, sons of the Hermit of the Six Ways started fighting for power. Giving rise to the Senju and Uchiha clans. Since these clans, recognized as the most powerful, have always been at war. What Naruto needs to do before then to establish peace in the world? Simple (simple ?!?!?!?): make peace with his brother (represented in the figure of Sasuke). As the children of the old Hermit failed to do in the past end anybody after then.

Therefore, Naruto says that will save Sasuke or die together. Why not save Sasuke - or kill sasuke - means doing what past generations already have done and we all know that did not work. Naruto is so wise that, even intuitively, or perhaps consciously, he already has that answer. To end the cycle of hatred, above all, before becoming Hokage, he must save his friend.

Why make peace with the Uchiha Clan when there's only two living Uchihas left? Why not just kill off Madara and Sasuke thus completely eliminating the Uchiha Clan altogether? All it takes is to:

1. Fight Sasuke and Madara

2. Kill them

3. Uchiha Clan extinct

4. Curse of Hatred from Uchiha disappears

5. All the Ninja Nations happy about criminals death

6. Threat of world domination gone

It's been proven time and again that Sasuke does not want to be saved and considering the fact that Madara is the Big Bad we can safely assume that he doesn't want to become a good guy for obvious reasons. If Naruto kills those two he would end the cycle of hatred from the Uchihas wrath because there would be no other opposing factions against his quest for world peace. The only thing to worry about would be tense foreign relations between the nations and villages.

The Uchiha Clan Massacre is one of those very few and extremely rare examples where the genocide of a group of people is justified (note that no form of genocide is ever justifiable in real life but in this case, it was done in order to prevent an overthrow from a power hungry clan that was out for the Leaf's blood, not to mention that this was a fictional event as well). The only real reason for Naruto to even want to save Sasuke in the first place is because of their past friendship and bond. In fact, one could argue that Sasuke's fate isn't even crucial to Naruto's quest for world peace so he could possible achieve world peace without Sasuke living to see the day.

Like I myself and many others have said before. The only way for Naruto to truly redeem Sasuke is to put the Uchiha out of his misery like putting down a dog with rabies whilst Old Yeller style. Sasuke has clearly shown that he doesn't want to be saved so it would be more realistic to have him die as a villain who is despicably unlikable. Sasuke is too much of an a-hole to even earn one amount of redemption so therefore he doesn't deserve any form of it whatsoever.

Case and point, I think I've made myself perfectly clear. sleep.gif

#33 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

this kind of changes my view on things

didn't think of the whole circle of hatred not working when Sasuke because there would be no-one to hate his killer to be willing to avenge him. Only thing that imo is atm still standing between Naruto and killing Sasuke is Naruto's nindo of never going back on his word. He always said he was going to save Sasuke. However I still hope that what he said at the team 7 reunion after Sasuke killed Danzo isn't coming true.

#34 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 22 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why make peace with the Uchiha Clan when there's only two living Uchihas left? Why not just kill off Madara and Sasuke thus completely eliminating the Uchiha Clan altogether? All it takes is to:

1. Fight Sasuke and Madara

2. Kill them

3. Uchiha Clan extinct

4. Curse of Hatred from Uchiha disappears

5. All the Ninja Nations happy about criminals death

6. Threat of world domination gone

It's been proven time and again that Sasuke does not want to be saved and considering the fact that Madara is the Big Bad we can safely assume that he doesn't want to become a good guy for obvious reasons. If Naruto kills those two he would end the cycle of hatred from the Uchihas wrath because there would be no other opposing factions against his quest for world peace. The only thing to worry about would be tense foreign relations between the nations and villages.

The Uchiha Clan Massacre is one of those very few and extremely rare examples where the genocide of a group of people is justified (note that no form of genocide is ever justifiable in real life but in this case, it was done in order to prevent an overthrow from a power hungry clan that was out for the Leaf's blood, not to mention that this was a fictional event as well). The only real reason for Naruto to even want to save Sasuke in the first place is because of their past friendship and bond. In fact, one could argue that Sasuke's fate isn't even crucial to Naruto's quest for world peace so he could possible achieve world peace without Sasuke living to see the day.

Like I myself and many others have said before. The only way for Naruto to truly redeem Sasuke is to put the Uchiha out of his misery like putting down a dog with rabies whilst Old Yeller style. Sasuke has clearly shown that he doesn't want to be saved so it would be more realistic to have him die as a villain who is despicably unlikable. Sasuke is too much of an a-hole to even earn one amount of redemption so therefore he doesn't deserve any form of it whatsoever.

Case and point, I think I've made myself perfectly clear. sleep.gif

All I'm saying about the feelings of Naruto, in my view, is what is implied in the plot, not exactly what I agree. (Although I agree with most hehe)

1 - He believes that the emergence of people like Sasuke (avengers), in the largest part, blame of the Shinobi world, which is full of hatred;

2 - He says he himself could have become one of these people. Had only one wrong step and he could be in place of Sasuke, hating the all. Is why he identifies with him and pity him;

3 - Unlike most people of this forum Naruto does not hate Sasuke. And not knows that he is emo (LOL). He loves Sasuke (like a brother, of course). In fact he was the first friend he ever had and risked his life to save Naruto sometimes;

4 - Because it would be easy. And Naruto would not follow the "easier way" as in the past. Naruto will not become the murderer of his best friend unless it is absolutely inevitable.

5 - Killing Sasuke and make people happy because they had eliminated a "clan of evil" and the avenger would only contribute for the cycle of hatred. This kind of practice is just what Naruto wants to avoid for the future of the world Shinobi; Naruto believes in forgiveness.

Try to see things in a more figurative way. And not as if they were
preparing a "war plan" (this is mainly to the boys
hehe).

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#35 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ May 22 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. Oh spare us Kishi... please. The fillers would be better than THIS!

Kishi: AH KK. <-- lol I loved that line when Naruto said it. He's so capable of stupidly saying that -.-

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#36 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

I don't think Naruto will necceserily save Sasuke, but he'll do enough for Sasuke to redeem himself near the end, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sasuke sacrifices himself in the end to protect the world from destruction...or he'll give Naruto the ability to defeat the final boss. I can't see him surviving by the end, his actions carry too much hatred and even if he can be saved, would him changng sides again be enough for the other Kages to forgive him? It's Naruto's job to end the cycle of hatred, for him to do that he'll not only need to have Sasuke let go of his anger and resentment, but all the anger and hatred aimed at Sasuke, only way I see that being achieved is with a self sacrificing death, thus ending the cycle.

iAnby7W.gif

#37 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

Let's be real I think all of us agree that we can't see sasuke just walking back into the village a changed man lol.
What I do see happening Sasuke risking his life to save Naruto and Naruto might make it so that sasuke is the "hero" or I see Naruto having to kill sasuke and while he kills him they have one of those slow mo moments that last a lifetime (like assassins creed lol) and Naruto and sasuke talk, while talking Naruto realizes that save sasuke he had to kill him and sasuke dies with a smile and a thank you to Naruto.

#38 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

That's smthng that everyone probably agreed upon a long time ago.

But never considered that AC flashback kind of thing. I think it's not that likely this will probably take place when Naruto goes to check on Sasuke to find him dying and those would be his last words.

Although I admit the difference between the 2 scenario's is very small.

#39 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Well, it certainly will be a challenge.

While at times he made things difficult for the village, he really hasn't committed any crimes against them, minus his last fiasco with Team 7. He pretty much did them a favor by getting rid of Orochimaru and Danzo. That by no means excuses his clear intent, but I'd imagine that the way it would play out is that Sasuke puts his plans for Konoha into motion, and Naruto will stop him before he does irreparable damage.

I should add that Sasuke is one of my favorite characters, just cause I love seeing how evolves into a villain. Usually we're introduced to the villain and then learn their story. In a way, it robs them of their humanity in my view, cause it feels like they never had a choice to be someone else and it really makes me feel like I don't care. Seeing it happen, totally different story, and it actually makes it more hopeful that he can be redeemed, bad as things look for him.

#40 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Only on point in my life have I ever found Sasuke to get a good character and that time was when he acknowledged Naruto as being better than him during the Gaara fight, after that things took a spiral turn for the worst and here today is the Sasuke we all hate. As much as it would be easy to kill him off, I have a bad feeling that he'll somehow live, though I liked a thought of him becoming a traveler, being forced to leave the village for his crimes. "Redemption" is most likely what will happen, though if Sasuke does die, I won't be complaining.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users