Close
Photo

Kishimoto about Sakura "an honest girl"???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#1 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Please enlighten me! It is true that Kishimoto said in an interview that he wanted to portray "an honest girl" when Sakura declared her love for Naruto?

I am very confused about the intentions of Kishimoto! argh1.png

Edited by Manara, 18 May 2011 - 02:43 PM.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#2 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Indeed, he did. He stated he was trying showing her like a "honest and determined girl" during her confession, and he was shocked of people accused her of lying and using Naruto.

Of course, that fact did not stop anti-NS fans of claiming Sakura lied, but facts hardly deter shippers.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#3 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ May 18 2011, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, he did. He stated he was trying showing her like a "honest and determined girl" during her confession, and he was shocked of people accused her of lying and using Naruto.

Of course, that fact did not stop anti-NS fans of claiming Sakura lied, but facts hardly deter shippers.

Ohh, that's good!
Does anyone know where I find the whole of this interview?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Unfortunately you only see that twisted one dubbed by Sakura haters/SS/NH shippers but you know the truth now and thats what matters laugh.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Though if they're ALL twisted, where did WE get the truth? mellow.gif

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#6 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ May 18 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though if they're ALL twisted, where did WE get the truth? mellow.gif

theres biased mistranlatsions but unbiased ones i have seen are bascially the same without the added bits from NH and SS guys put in to make it seem like Kishi said it when it was a comment or question from someone else towards Kishi.
so most of it is true but theres also crap added.

#7 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

from looking at the Japanese interview and translating it directly as opposed to reading what someone else said was in it.

Edited by Verilance, 18 May 2011 - 11:08 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#8 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ May 18 2011, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
theres biased mistranlatsions but unbiased ones i have seen are bascially the same without the added bits from NH and SS guys put in to make it seem like Kishi said it when it was a comment or question from someone else towards Kishi.
so most of it is true but theres also crap added.

QUOTE (Verilance @ May 18 2011, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from looking at the Japanese interview and translating it directly as opposed to reading what someone else said was in it.

facepalm.png I'm an idiot aren't I? Yeah I looked at the raw too but couldn't someone have manipulated it too? That's what I meant.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#9 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ May 18 2011, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the raw is fine. its just idiots twisting kitten to suit themselves.

problem is apparently from the notoriously bad translations some Manga get, it is far too easy to do this translating Japanese to English

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#10 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ May 19 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
problem is apparently from the notoriously bad translations some Manga get, it is far too easy to do this translating Japanese to English

good point.

Edited by Living Lavish, 18 May 2011 - 11:54 PM.

#11 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

Wait, you mean that there is no translation done by supporters
of NaruSaku? How do you know what he really said so?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#12 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 20 2011, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, you mean that there is no translation done by supporters
of NaruSaku? How do you know what he really said so?

chill out. theirs translations done by non pairing fans too ya know. all are basically the same.
translators can tell witch comment is real and wahts a mess.

Kishi would never reveal in the interview future information he just has a vague responce.
it would ruin the manga because then people will know what to expect.

#13 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ May 20 2011, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chill out. theirs translations done by non pairing fans too ya know. all are basically the same.
translators can tell witch comment is real and wahts a mess.

Kishi would never reveal in the interview future information he just has a vague responce.
it would ruin the manga because then people will know what to expect.

Oh yes, this is true. I understand.

So we ourselves can not claim that Kishi wanted to really say that she told the truth.

I myself have my doubts whether she told the truth. I still think she is confused about her feelings.

But I still believe Kishi's intentions are towards NaruSaku.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#14 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 20 2011, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yes, this is true. I understand.

So we ourselves can not claim that Kishi wanted to really say that she told the truth.

I myself have my doubts whether she told the truth. I still think she is confused about her feelings.

But I still believe Kishi's intentions are towards NaruSaku.

mellow.gif excuse me but it is true i have read the interview in 2009. wat i mean is the way it translated is a mess.
but its easy to know what is said.

2009 interview:
"As for Sakura... Sasuke... what about Sasuke? Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she for.. Sasuke.

Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy. She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him. - this is a comment from the anime team pointed out a by a transtlator.

On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.

So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata'

she is telling the truth. evidence or proof in the manga and kishi word tells us.

Edited by Living Lavish, 20 May 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#15 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ May 20 2011, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mellow.gif excuse me but it is true i have read the interview in 2009. wat i mean is the way it translated is a mess.
but its easy to know what is said.

2009 interview:
"As for Sakura... Sasuke... what about Sasuke? Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she for.. Sasuke.

Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him. - this is a comment from the anime team pointed out a by a transtlator.

On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.

So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata'

she is telling the truth. evidence or proof in the manga and kishi word tells us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Oh god! You can not imagine how I want, with all forces, believe it!
But all this talk of Sai and Naruto: She's doing it because she loves Sasuke. What about that?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#16 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 20 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But all this talk of Sai and Naruto: She's doing it because she loves Sasuke. What about that?

she loves both. but shes willing to sacrifice her love for sasuke to save Naruto.she simpely cares more about Naruto.
willling to have him hate her and carrying that burden.

#17 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ May 20 2011, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she loves both. but shes willing to sacrifice her love for sasuke to save Naruto.she simpely cares more about Naruto.
willling to have him hate her and carrying that burden.

yes, I think that is it....

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 20 2011, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should be past tense, it's been mistranslated. Sai's words at the beginning are meant to be the tense guideline for his responses- "Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and fallen in love with you." Correctly it should read: she's doing because she loved Sasuke, etc...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 20 2011, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It should be past tense, it's been mistranslated. Sai's words at the beginning are meant to be the tense guideline for his responses- "Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and fallen in love with you." Correctly it should read: she's doing because she loved Sasuke, etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Japanese language have explicit verb tenses, or is all contextual? I've heard some people say the latter, and it would make sense considering how easy lines like that have been mistranslated. Though if that's the case, I'm curious as to how the anime screwed that line up too, unless the problem was just bias subbers.

Sorry if that's a stupid question to Japanese speakers here, I'm just an ignorant Westerner.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#20 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 20 2011, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

really? It would be a hell of a translation error. But if you look at the facts. Herself Sakura never said (or thoughts) she loves Sasuke. Unlike. From the first meeting of the team 7 it seems very frightened by his transformation. And even more scared at this last meeting.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users