Close
Photo

Why didn't Naruto let Sasuke become Hokage? Would it be better if he did?

Hokage SasuNaru SasuSaku NaruSaku good things for sakura Naruto and Sasuke

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

Would Sasuke have been a better Hokage?

Since Naruto gave everything up for Sasuke for the entire series...

Currently, Naruto doesn't look too happy about being the Hokage, always tired and grumpy. Sasuke seems bitter about it, always away from the village. If Sasuke were Hokage, he'd be confined behind a desk within Konoha 24/7. Even IF SasuSaku still happened: unlike in canon, he'd at least get to see Sarada daily. And Sakura would have a better position in the relationship and in Konoha.

And Naruto would have time to spend with Bolt and Himawari, and Hinata.

Sasuke has the capacity to sit still for hours, so being Hokage would have improved his mental state, rather than melt his brain like what happened to the hyperactive Naruto. 

Also, Kakashi could have given 10 years for Sasuke to fix his reputation by doing heroic-missions and then promote him. Sasuke was his favorite student. While Naruto teaches him speech-skills and provides encouragement.

Plus more Team 7 bonding time would be possible. And Sasuke could have given places in Konoha to live for Team Taka.

Sasuke would make his advisers Naruto and Sakura. As a confident strategist himself, Sasuke would assign Shikamaru as a Jounin or ANBU commander rather than have him shadowing his every step all day.

I think Naruto would have been happier this way. He won't be the central Hokage, but he has full influence on Sasuke, and time for his family. Sakura would be more than an unhappy housewife; she'd see Naruto everyday as a co-adviser. Sasuke would BE A BETTER Hokage  since he heard the stories of Hashirama, Tobirama, Madara- and has the advantage to learn from Hokage-mistakes, an advantage Naruto doesn't have. That's why he declared himself to become Hokage in the first place.

Anyway, I think this would been a better outcome for Team 7; maybe it would have made Kishimoto grow a backbone from doing something 100% of the world is against, and canonize NaruSaku, 100% of his studio perriot is against. Like logic over wish-fulfillment

What do you think would have happened if Sasuke became Hokage? Discuss/

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

It's too late and kishi regret that naruto is the title character of this series.
Anyway he need cheap conflict to make cheap drama.

#3 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

I never really thought about Sasuke as Hokage, but I did think that one of the end-game struggles was going to be Sasuke fighting Naruto for the Hokage seat (like seriously fight, not the wimpy thing we got). I figured Sasuke would try to take Naruto down by using something only he, his former teammate and bff, would know: like the Naruto wanted to be Hokage or that his love for Sakura would set him off more than anything. 

Then when Sasuke declared in the manga that he wanted the Hokage seat, I thought that maybe Sasuke would pull it off and get the seat, making Naruto be the outsider again who had to move up the ranks and prove himself to the village, but as an adult. He could have even left in a time-skip for training, while Sakura stayed behind in the village, still silently supporting Naruto until he returned. 

Sorry I know I've gone way off topic, but it's hard for me to imagine Sasuke as a positive Hokage. More of a stern distant traditional one. Not a dictator or militant guy. More like the Second — all business, no party.

For the record, I think Naruto has turned out to be a terrible Hokage too...so maybe there's no contest between them!!

#4 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

reasons aside I would have rather have Sasuke as the Hokage, an Uchiha.

It may sound ridiculous with his crimes but heck what is he right now? nor is Gaara.

Then I'll be more satisfied if Naruto died and Sasuke would be left to atone his sins and gratitude to that one person who believed in him until the very end.

He'll become Hokage in his stead,

marry his girl in his stead

and forever carry the burden in his stead.

He will see the world for him.

That will be a good irony.

Naruto wanted to become Hokage but not more than wanting Sasuke to finally accept and acknowledge him.

So now, Sasuke will atone for his sins in the name of his real husbando Naruto.

coz i still think Naruto is the seme and Sasuke is the uke..

lol sorry for ending this with a joke but anything would be a better ending than the one we had

#5 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Because Sasuke no longer wanted the position. Once he realized it'd mean being in Konoha all the time, he realized it'd also mean being around Sakura all the time, which is why he swiftly left the village and dumped the position on Naruto (who at that point had no other aspiration besides burying his head in Sasuke's shorts). You'll notice Naruto opted to try and leave the village with Sasuke during the flashback in Gaiden, showing he puts Sasuke over protecting the leaf village; Naruto would've gone had Sasuke not forbade him from going.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

Because Sasuke openly sold himself as a leader the village would universally hate?

#7 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Because Naruto was supposed to be the MC, even though we now know he wasn't. 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#8 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

Because he wasn't the main character, although, apparently now he is the main dude after he got the girl in the end. He got what he wanted in the manga, and got off scot free for the crimes he committed. It would not surprise me he will be forgiven by the village and end up as Hokage. My belief was that Sasuke was going to take the Hokage position from Naruto and rule with a Iron Fist and a few of the villages would have started a resistant force of some kind along with some of the ninja from the Leaf village that did not approve of Sasuke. Sakura along with a team is sent by these people to try and find Naruto, who is being held in captivity somewhere by Sasuke. After a long, search they find him in a dungeon outside of the whirlpool village as Sasuke had discovered that Naruto's clan had a smart way of dealing with the Jinurki.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#9 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:38 AM

Kishimoto would somehow screw it up anyway, so it wouldn't change anything

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#10 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:07 AM

Sasuke would've most likely have just been Madara, Danzo or worse if he became Hokage.

2e5.gif

#11 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

Lol is this even a question? Did you miss the person Sasuke was at the end?

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#12 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Lol is this even a question? Did you miss the person Sasuke was at the end?

What are you trying to imply here?

Sasuke was and will always be PURE.

Until the end he was purely a jerk. By words and in action. He is not even hiding that fact.

While Naruto, the supposed to be MC who played as the good, honest and sympathetic guy turns out to be a jerk the whole time.. or rather he was magically turned into a pathetic nobody.

So it is very clear here that Sasuke will be a better hokage than Naruto.

Atleast he doesnt have to blame the position for him not spending time with his family. He simply just dont see them. Hokage or not.
unlike some hokage out there whose specialty is to multiply himself but only multiplies his imcompetence.

P.S. please dont take this post nor this manga seriously. Its all a big pile of kitten. Yes both this post and the manga

#13 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

At this point everything is completely topsy turvy so we might as well have Sasuke as the Hokage. Heck Naruto just looked pathetic in Gaiden not to mention that despite Naruto's promise to destroy the cycle of hate we have people trying to revive the akatski and Toneri's who want to destroy the world. 

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#14 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

I doubt Sasuke would have even been able to be Hokage, even if Naruto wanted it. The people of the village would surely protest, as evidenced by Kakashi stating that it was only because Naruto and him vouched for him that he even is alive right now. Besides, it's Naruto's dream, it would be weird if he just gave it to Sasuke.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#15 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

I doubt Sasuke would have even been able to be Hokage, even if Naruto wanted it. The people of the village would surely protest, as evidenced by Kakashi stating that it was only because Naruto and him vouched for him that he even is alive right now. Besides, it's Naruto's dream, it would be weird if he just gave it to Sasuke.

Back in the old days this will be legit. But currently even Orochimaru can be hokage and it'll be treated like nothing.
Plus Sasuke is like some sort of idol atm.
He can be hokage if he really wanted to. But that will mean staying with his family.

#16 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

Back in the old days this will be legit. But currently even Orochimaru can be hokage and it'll be treated like nothing.
Plus Sasuke is like some sort of idol atm.
He can be hokage if he really wanted to. But that will mean staying with his family.

Hmm, true.  :P  I still can't believe Orochimaru is just chilling outside the village like he didn't commit numerous crimes over the course of his life, including attacking Konoha. But hey, I guess if the hero of the story considers someone like Obito the "coolest guy," and Sasuke can be forgiven many times over, I can't be too surprised. So I guess the best reason is because Naruto is main character and wanted to be Hokage, it was his biggest dream that he talked about all the time, so it had to happen I guess. Or heck maybe there wasn't even a reason  and Kishi just rolled with it. :zaru:

Edited by Pink Chidori, 28 July 2015 - 08:55 AM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hokage, SasuNaru, SasuSaku, NaruSaku, good things for sakura, Naruto, and, Sasuke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users