756 replies to this topic

#701 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:40 AM

I agree. Everyone got a downgrade because they were supposed to be the greatest generation to date but they never got a chance to be that. Also to me the bridge scene was the most impactful because like James said, it showed how much she was willing to do for Naruto even sacrifice her life. I would put that hug scene a close second.

Did you mean to reply to a comment from page 1?

Well, it makes a good segue to something I want to say. I don't like the idea of Naruto and Sakura having an affair. BEcause it inevitably will use some ridiculous backstory where Sakura let Hinata have him because she felt unworthy because she hurt him, or she felt like Hinata's love for him was superior to hers, or some other such kittening nonsense. She would never do that. Sakura knows full well the pain of liking someone who doesn't like you back. Ergo, she would never inflict this pain on Naruto for such PATHETIC sentimental reasons. Sakura cared more about Naruto than anything. Anything includes her sense of sentimentality.

And Naruto would've told her how he felt, and even if he didn't, he would never have married Hinata anyway. He would have married Ino. Because Kushina would approve of him marrying Ino. She would not approve of him marrying Hinata.

So he would never marry Hinata regardless of whether or not Sakura suddenly became arrogant enough to determine what is best for him. Even though her doing so would hurt both of them and even though she had never been so misguided in the past.

Kishi tortured these characters by skipping forward 15 years after having made their lives so miserable ostensibly through their own choices. Nothing is more painful than the passage of time when you have made bad choices. It's an exquisite form of torture. So there is nothing worse he could have done to them. The only way to heal them is to retcon everything.

Edited by DrK, 28 March 2018 - 05:48 AM.

#702 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:55 AM

It also explains why Team 7 looks like they're in their 50s. kittening Kakashi looks younger than them. They just look so stressed for no reason.

Edited by winter-serenade, 28 March 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#703 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

It also explains why Team 7 looks like they're in their 50s. kittening Kakashi looks younger than them. They just look so stressed for no reason.

Clearly they look miserable. Naruto didn't envision himself never being home with his family unless he has regrets. I believe Sakura is a depressed housewife with no husband for years to satisfy her needs. Nobody is happy with this turn of events.

#704 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Clearly they look miserable. Naruto didn't envision himself never being home with his family unless he has regrets. I believe Sakura is a depressed housewife with no husband for years to satisfy her needs. Nobody is happy with this turn of events.

Only one who really must be happy is Hinata since she got Naruto, even if she doesn't see how it's made her happy either. And how she's so responsible too for Boruto and Himawari's attitudes, and what happened to Naruto to miss his inauguration, but it's not like she gave a crap about Naruto's dream with the way she talked about it during the war.

#705 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

Yep. Sakura gets intentionally neglected. I would not be surprised if the only time she and Sasuke had sex was when they conceived Sarada. How is that supposed to be a great marriage again?

#706 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

Yep. Sakura gets intentionally neglected. I would not be surprised if the only time she and Sasuke had sex was when they conceived Sarada. How is that supposed to be a great marriage again?

I wouldn't be surprised either. Neglected is putting it nicely. Her character and development was left out to hung and dry, so Hinata could take over. They completely destroyed all her good qualities throughtout the story and her progress was flushed down Kishi's toilet.

Only one who really must be happy is Hinata since she got Naruto, even if she doesn't see how it's made her happy either. And how she's so responsible too for Boruto and Himawari's attitudes, and what happened to Naruto to miss his inauguration, but it's not like she gave a crap about Naruto's dream with the way she talked about it during the war.

If only one character benefits with the ending then we got a huge problem. Everybody lost all they have gained just for the sake of Hinata and that is not fair for everybody else. I know it is just a story but still you can't have it for it to be believable and good. If you tried that crap in real life, people would tell you to kitten off because it wouldn't happen. If you are a writer you go with the best option for your characters, even if it is unpopular

#707 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

funny thing about it all, is that Hinata "loves" him but is in my opinion intentionally not caring about what Naruto wants or even thinks of what would ever make Naruto happy. As long as she has him, that's all that matters to her. She never once like Sakura-Chan did think of his happiness and realized that Hinata "loves" Naruto or did like Naruto and realized that Sakura-Chan "loves" Sasuke and wanted what they thought would make each other happy. She worries about what makes her happy. I actually think she did realize that Sakura-Chan realized it after the Pain Arc, but it was written out completely like what happened with Sai's reasoning for visiting Sakura-Chan in the Land of Iron. After the Pain Arc was the moment NaruSaku was about to seriously start to come together, slowly but surely. Hinata accepted it clearly with that smile of hers.

Edit: using my phone, sorry for the grammatical errors.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 28 March 2018 - 09:32 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#708 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:59 PM

That's not very realistic though. I think it was actually his intent to make Karin the mother but he ended up being talked out of it just like how he got talked out of NS. It is not realistic that they naturally conceived a child in one 3.5 minute attempt. It doesn't matter how much Sakura wants to give herself to this dude who tried to murder her, in the process making her parents and Tsunade kittening miserable, if Sasuke wants nothing to do with her. No one gives Sasuke a break when it comes to this. They act as if it's no big deal that he also got roped into something that he shouldn't have had to be. He should have had the chance to explore if he could love someone with Karin. Being with Sakura makes him look like kitten. Why did they have to make him look like kitten? He did care about his friends. And he never wanted Sakura to touch him. Yet because of Hinata, he now has to kitten Sakura. It's just as disgusting for him as it is everyone else.

That's another reason I don't like the idea of NS having an affair. The fact that it would be an affair naturally brings up the fact, or in Sakura's case likelihood, of them being intimate with their actual spouses, which in both cases is just kittening creepy to contemplate. 

#709 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:46 AM

That's not very realistic though. I think it was actually his intent to make Karin the mother but he ended up being talked out of it just like how he got talked out of NS. It is not realistic that they naturally conceived a child in one 3.5 minute attempt. It doesn't matter how much Sakura wants to give herself to this dude who tried to murder her, in the process making her parents and Tsunade kittening miserable, if Sasuke wants nothing to do with her. No one gives Sasuke a break when it comes to this. They act as if it's no big deal that he also got roped into something that he shouldn't have had to be. He should have had the chance to explore if he could love someone with Karin. Being with Sakura makes him look like kitten. Why did they have to make him look like kitten? He did care about his friends. And he never wanted Sakura to touch him. Yet because of Hinata, he now has to kitten Sakura. It's just as disgusting for him as it is everyone else.

That's another reason I don't like the idea of NS having an affair. The fact that it would be an affair naturally brings up the fact, or in Sakura's case likelihood, of them being intimate with their actual spouses, which in both cases is just kittening creepy to contemplate. 

I wouldn't want an affair, but maybe both Hinata and Sasuke die and that brings them together.

#710 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

I wouldn't want an affair, but maybe both Hinata and Sasuke die and that brings them together.

Sounds like a plan lol. Honestly I never wanted to hate their characters. It was just how they were written and the stupid fandom that made me loathe them. I don't Hinata's character per say just everything around her and undeserving attention that I hate. Sasuke I hated because he was brooding punk but nice villian material.

#711 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:23 AM

Sounds like a plan lol. Honestly I never wanted to hate their characters. It was just how they were written and the stupid fandom that made me loathe them. I don't Hinata's character per say just everything around her and undeserving attention that I hate. Sasuke I hated because he was brooding punk but nice villian material.

Yeah, I liked Sasuke's turn and his interaction with his underused team, but the way he got forgiven for all the terrible things he did pissed me off. He should have either died or become a rogue Ninja.

#712 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

That won't happen, because the series is just about kids going on trite adventures in an effort to recapture this magic of the series that it is pretty clear now that it never existed.

And if Hina and Sasu die then that gives credit to those relationships if it took death to separate them. They don't deserve any credit and should never have happened to begin with. There was no reason for them to happen, there was no development for them, they were OOC.

And this Naruto and Sakura don't deserve to be happy. They were hypocrites. Naruto is a scumbag. I'd rather they die than Sasuke. Sasuke at least makes it clear he doesn't want to be a part of this. And the real Sakura, any version, would have respected that. She would not have wanted to be with Sasuke if he didn't want to be with her.

#713 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

I know what you mean, and you bring up some very valid points.

#714 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

That won't happen, because the series is just about kids going on trite adventures in an effort to recapture this magic of the series that it is pretty clear now that it never existed.

And if Hina and Sasu die then that gives credit to those relationships if it took death to separate them. They don't deserve any credit and should never have happened to begin with. There was no reason for them to happen, there was no development for them, they were OOC.

And this Naruto and Sakura don't deserve to be happy. They were hypocrites. Naruto is a scumbag. I'd rather they die than Sasuke. Sasuke at least makes it clear he doesn't want to be a part of this. And the real Sakura, any version, would have respected that. She would not have wanted to be with Sasuke if he didn't want to be with her.

I agree 100 percent. If I was a SS fan then I wouldn't be happy how they got together for the sole reason of making NH. Let's not forget all the other characters being thrown to the waste side and being paired off randomly. Kami must have felt bad for Sasuke though because he allows him to not be home for years at a time. Yeah, it makes him a horrible human being but he forced into it and if he doesn't want to deal with it then have at it Sasuke.

#715 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:13 AM

funny thing about it all, is that Hinata "loves" him but is in my opinion intentionally not caring about what Naruto wants or even thinks of what would ever make Naruto happy. As long as she has him, that's all that matters to her. She never once like Sakura-Chan did think of his happiness and realized that Hinata "loves" Naruto or did like Naruto and realized that Sakura-Chan "loves" Sasuke and wanted what they thought would make each other happy. She worries about what makes her happy. I actually think she did realize that Sakura-Chan realized it after the Pain Arc, but it was written out completely like what happened with Sai's reasoning for visiting Sakura-Chan in the Land of Iron. After the Pain Arc was the moment NaruSaku was about to seriously start to come together, slowly but surely. Hinata accepted it clearly with that smile of hers.

Edit: using my phone, sorry for the grammatical errors.

Yes and that is why these so called "canon pairings" are so dysfunctional and disgusting. The women don't love thier husbands, they were "in love with the idea of them". Sakura was in love with the cool, handsome, mysterious quiet boy Sasuke was and Hinata was vicariously living off of Naruto's proud "failure status" and "never giving up attitude" as a form of escapism towards her own self esteem issues. neither of these girls moved past this fact and actually got to know the boys before they married them, and it shows. Sasuke left at the end of part I so Sakura never spent time with him, and Naruto never spent time with Hinata in part I OR II, so what is this true love nonsense between these two couples that SP is trying to promote?

I've said this before. Naruto's relationship with Sakura is the most progressive, emotionally intimate, and tender out of all the bonds we see in the series, so matter what scene is brought up in this topic it will always be indisputable proof that the story was supporting why Naruto and Sakura would make a ideal and realistic couple and this shipping should not have been sunk. WHY put both of them through all the typical romance plot cliches and give them such a stable and healthy relationship, especially compared to their actual spouses if they were "not meant to be together"? Can Kishi, Shueisha, or SP answer me that? :superior:     

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 March 2018 - 02:00 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#716 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:36 AM

Yes and that is why these so called "canon pairings" are so dysfunctional and disgusting. the women don't love thier husbands, they were "in love with the idea of them". Sakura was in love with the cool, handsome, mysterious quiet boy Sasuke was and Hinata was vicariously living off of Naruto's proud "failure status" and "never giving up attitude" as a form of escapism towards her own self esteem issues. neither of these girls moved past this fact and actually got to know the boys before they married them, and it shows. Sasuke left at the end of part I so Sakura never spent time with him, and Naruto never spent time with Hinata in part I OR II, so what is this true love nonsense between these two couples that SP is trying to promote?

I've said this before. Naruto's relationship with Sakura is the most progressive, emotionally intimate, and tender out of all the bonds we see in the series so matter what scene is brought up in this topic it will always be indisputable proof that the story was supporting why Naruto and Sakura would make a ideal and realistic couple and this shipping should not have been sunk. WHY put both of them through all the typical romance plot cliches and give them such a stable and healthy relationship, especially compared to their actual spouses if they were "not meant to be together"? Can Kishi, Shueisha, or SP answer me that? :superior:

That is what I have been saying for awhile now. There has been 15 years of development between these 2 that was tossed to side for no good reason. Also the fact we know they are lying because of the contradicting statements over of the years has shown us that NS was real but destroyed for selfish reasons.

#717 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:49 AM

A lot of people have made parallels between the NH/SS debacle and what happened with the trio in Harry Potter. And I would say I agree, there are a lot of similarities. But you have to consider something.

Let's say that at the end, Harry and Hermione decide that they're going to be together. Let's go with that. What would be the consequences of this? The Weasleys are the only people outside of H and Hr themselves who that duo is even close to. And Ron was in love with Hermione and Ginny was in love with Harry. You can say that they really weren't, but that was JKR's intention, she just wasn't great at illustrating it.

Anyway, those two decide to get together. As a result, their relationship with the ginger bastards as a whole, and Ron and Ginny in particular, would never be the same. Ron was Harry's best friend, and he'd probably never be able to look at him the same way. It would change almost everything about how they had lived their lives up to this point. The two of them would probably never really hang out with Ron again. It would be a pretty scary decision for them to have to make. You can say that that shouldn't matter, but it's hard to argue this. Them being together would create big problems.

Now consider Naruto and Sakura. They decide to be together. What are the consequences? Well, Naruto and Sakura would be together. Hinata would be unhappy.

And that's all. Sasuke would not give a kitten. Everyone else would either be happier or they wouldn't care. Sasuke himself would probably be one of those who would be happier. It would be better for EVERYONE, except Hinata, who none of the trio are even really friends with. They just know her.

There would be no drama attached whatsoever. Sakura simply leaves her feelings for Sasuke in the past and Sasuke would accept this because he doesn't really feel love for her. Even if he does, he can hardly complain because he said that he didn't. What actually happened should have created much more drama than this hypothetical ever could. Team 7 was totally broken up, so it couldn't end up any worse on that front. At least if Naruto and Sakura are together, the two of them would be together. Instead of none of the three being together.

So there would be no problems for anyone other than Hinata. And none of Team 7 are even friends with Hinata. Yet they're miserable so that this acquaintance of theirs can be happy. Does that make any sense at all?

Edited by DrK, 31 March 2018 - 05:50 AM.

#718 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

A lot of people have made parallels between the NH/SS debacle and what happened with the trio in Harry Potter. And I would say I agree, there are a lot of similarities. But you have to consider something.

Let's say that at the end, Harry and Hermione decide that they're going to be together. Let's go with that. What would be the consequences of this? The Weasleys are the only people outside of H and Hr themselves who that duo is even close to. And Ron was in love with Hermione and Ginny was in love with Harry. You can say that they really weren't, but that was JKR's intention, she just wasn't great at illustrating it.

Anyway, those two decide to get together. As a result, their relationship with the ginger bastards as a whole, and Ron and Ginny in particular, would never be the same. Ron was Harry's best friend, and he'd probably never be able to look at him the same way. It would change almost everything about how they had lived their lives up to this point. The two of them would probably never really hang out with Ron again. It would be a pretty scary decision for them to have to make. You can say that that shouldn't matter, but it's hard to argue this. Them being together would create big problems.

Now consider Naruto and Sakura. They decide to be together. What are the consequences? Well, Naruto and Sakura would be together. Hinata would be unhappy.

And that's all. Sasuke would not give a kitten. Everyone else would either be happier or they wouldn't care. Sasuke himself would probably be one of those who would be happier. It would be better for EVERYONE, except Hinata, who none of the trio are even really friends with. They just know her.

There would be no drama attached whatsoever. Sakura simply leaves her feelings for Sasuke in the past and Sasuke would accept this because he doesn't really feel love for her. Even if he does, he can hardly complain because he said that he didn't. What actually happened should have created much more drama than this hypothetical ever could. Team 7 was totally broken up, so it couldn't end up any worse on that front. At least if Naruto and Sakura are together, the two of them would be together. Instead of none of the three being together.

So there would be no problems for anyone other than Hinata. And none of Team 7 are even friends with Hinata. Yet they're miserable so that this acquaintance of theirs can be happy. Does that make any sense at all?

Yeah, Ron and Hermione only happened because Rowling got lazy. So yeah, I could totally see the comparison.

Edited by jak123, 31 March 2018 - 06:01 AM.

#719 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Yes and that is why these so called "canon pairings" are so dysfunctional and disgusting. the women don't love thier husbands, they were "in love with the idea of them". Sakura was in love with the cool, handsome, mysterious quiet boy Sasuke was and Hinata was vicariously living off of Naruto's proud "failure status" and "never giving up attitude" as a form of escapism towards her own self esteem issues. neither of these girls moved past this fact and actually got to know the boys before they married them, and it shows. Sasuke left at the end of part I so Sakura never spent time with him, and Naruto never spent time with Hinata in part I OR II, so what is this true love nonsense between these two couples that SP is trying to promote?

I've said this before. Naruto's relationship with Sakura is the most progressive, emotionally intimate, and tender out of all the bonds we see in the series, so matter what scene is brought up in this topic it will always be indisputable proof that the story was supporting why Naruto and Sakura would make a ideal and realistic couple and this shipping should not have been sunk. WHY put both of them through all the typical romance plot cliches and give them such a stable and healthy relationship, especially compared to their actual spouses if they were "not meant to be together"? Can Kishi, Shueisha, or SP answer me that? :superior:     

And as I read in a fanfic one time, Hinatatas merely mentally leeches off of Naruto's status in her mind. She never APPLIES those beliefs to try to actually become a better and stronger person, but rather uses it as a way to deny the reality of her situation - as you said, escapism, and it only shows in part two when she's, at best, still exactly the same as before, but clearly has become worse overall.

The only "drama" would be whatever is manufactured by her base, but otherwise, in a "realistic" scenario, Hinatatas would probably end up with Kiba. Whether it be because she truly moves on or simply because Kiba is the most similar to Naruto and so she simply strings Kiba along and uses him as a substitute for Naruto, I leave to the imagination.

2e5.gif

#720 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

simply because Kiba is the most similar to Naruto and so she simply strings Kiba along and uses him as a substitute for Naruto

Hinata is so pathetic that she would just copy Ino, yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users