8493 replies to this topic

#6401 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Sorry, but i was the one who brought it up in the NF. When a NH/SS shipper named "ch1p" said that kishi trolled the NS fandom in the manga, i replied and said that kishi trolled the NH/SS fandom in RtN. Sorry sweatdrop.gif

I feel so much better that i have gotten that out of the way lol. There's this one reviewer on yt who was brave enough to actually defend SS in RnT. Claiming that Sasuke was acting different when he was with Sakura. But when it came to the other girls he was all "playboy". I was laughing so hard at the lengths this SS shipper went to in order to prove to us that Sasuke has some feelings deep within him LMAO. She went on that wild interpretation for about 7 mins.

Edited by luffyq1, 25 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6402 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Nov 25 2012, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, but i was the one who brought it up in the NF. When a NH/SS shipper named "ch1p" said that kishi trolled the NS fandom in the manga, i replied and said that kishi trolled the NH/SS fandom in RtN. Sorry sweatdrop.gif

I feel so much better that i have gotten that out of the way lol. There's this one reviewer on yt who was brave enough to actually defend SS in RnT. Claiming that Sasuke was acting different when he was with Sakura. But when it came to the other girls he was all "playboy". I was laughing so hard at the lengths this SS shipper went to in order to prove to us that Sasuke has some feelings deep within him LMAO. She went on that wild interpretation for about 7 mins.

So wait, it was you?! How could you!

Just kidding. Well, I guess it was misunderstanding on my part. Oh well, it doesn't excuse that they denied the fact the movie is made by Kishi. Also, NS hasn't been trolled by Kishi at all, unless you count the teasing. There's no indication that said Naruto/Sakura will remain friends forever and no more feelings. The confession could be a troll, but there's many reasons that really put in questions, so it's in pending. SS got trolled multple times in the manga that I lost count. NH, so far, got trolled that Naruto still loves Sakura and still didnt bring up her confession at all. Of course, the movie made it worse but let's not go there.

The movie is straightforward when it comes to the situation like Sakura's dreams are wrong to begin with and she only asking for reality check yet ironically in fantasy. Again, the beginning of the movie shows the downside of both Naruto and Sakura through their argument. So in the end, it pays off greatly for both of them.

#6403 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

It's kinda funny after all since movie 4 sakura did not had any importance on a movie on "Lost Tower" chapter "A movie to forget" ->she only appear to say naruto crying and then she makes a joke on the ending, on movie 5 "Blood Failure" -> it can be anyone but that pink girl was not sakura for sure, she didnt show any sign of emotion on that movie it was WTF dude naruto had a hole on his chest this is not normal.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#6404 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 25 2012, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's kinda funny after all since movie 4 sakura did not had any importance on a movie on "Lost Tower" chapter "A movie to forget" ->she only appear to say naruto crying and then she makes a joke on the ending, on movie 5 "Blood Failure" -> it can be anyone but that pink girl was not sakura for sure, she didnt show any sign of emotion on that movie it was WTF dude naruto had a hole on his chest this is not normal.

I still didn't see the movie but I heard about it. I wish they implemented the novel scene, not to feed NS ego but it is consistent to her character. I always find it funny about Shippuuden movie 1, they sure have a small ceremony for Naruto's death or whatever. Ah well. Happy that Kishi actually proved us that he does put Sakura on the spotlight.

#6405 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Nov 26 2012, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still didn't see the movie but I heard about it. I wish they implemented the novel scene, not to feed NS ego but it is consistent to her character. I always find it funny about Shippuuden movie 1, they sure have a small ceremony for Naruto's death or whatever. Ah well. Happy that Kishi actually proved us that he does put Sakura on the spotlight.

Yeah a movie with the title "Death of Naruto" and he does not die at all(it's only a dream)
SK-303_image007.jpg

#6406 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Nov 25 2012, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So wait, it was you?! How could you!

Just kidding. Well, I guess it was misunderstanding on my part. Oh well, it doesn't excuse that they denied the fact the movie is made by Kishi. Also, NS hasn't been trolled by Kishi at all, unless you count the teasing. There's no indication that said Naruto/Sakura will remain friends forever and no more feelings. The confession could be a troll, but there's many reasons that really put in questions, so it's in pending. SS got trolled multple times in the manga that I lost count. NH, so far, got trolled that Naruto still loves Sakura and still didnt bring up her confession at all. Of course, the movie made it worse but let's not go there.

The movie is straightforward when it comes to the situation like Sakura's dreams are wrong to begin with and she only asking for reality check yet ironically in fantasy. Again, the beginning of the movie shows the downside of both Naruto and Sakura through their argument. So in the end, it pays off greatly for both of them.

I had a strong feeling that it was him, I didn't said it was a NS fan because many of the users he was debating with on NF, I have them on my ignore list.

#6407 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Nov 25 2012, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My point about NH was really that their interaction is for development sake, whether it's for Naruto or Hinata. I'm not trying to be biased but I don't recall any normal conversation in a daily life. If I see one with her and Naruto talking in the beginning of a arc, then it's ok. But the problem is that there's none. NS has daily life conversation like when Sakura and Sai bumps to Naruto and talk, or how they are just eating ramen after Immortal arc. It's just natural. That's what I'm saying.

I agree completely - I think the closest they get to talking just for the sake of talking was when Hinata told Naruto that it was good to be working with him, and Naruto have her a smile and an affirmative in response right before the find Itachi mission, but it was both insignificant and is dwarfed by the casual interactions between Naruto and Sakura (which is much less formal and comfortable back and forth normally).
I agree with you about Sakura. I always said this but think about it. Technically, Sakura's friendship level hits the peak by the end of part 1, same level as K11. So why continuing developing her relationship with Naruto further in part 2? It hit the peak already, so the only level left is love. Kishi could just leave her out after Rescue Gaara arc if he saw her as secondary, but there's more to this than people thought. Hug wasn't necessary in terms of story, neither as feeding and Sai and Yamato's comment. So why? That's a question that will be answered towards the end.

Yep - Sakura trusted Naruto completely, realized that he understood her and was always there for her all by the end of part one. To me, part one was about establishing a strong basis of friendship between Naruto and Sakura (as well as establishing Naruto's love for Sakura, and the rest of the love triangle/quad), while part two (where he said he actually wanted to try and emphasize romance) was about building towards reciprocation from Sakura's side (i.e. building Sakura's friendship into romantic feelings).

Others claim the moments were just red herrings, disproven as romantic moments on Sakura's part by the summit and 540, but they forget that NaruSaku is the only pairing that ever got such hints of mutual romantic affection. It seems rather ludicrous that Kishi would give hints of reciprocation for the "red herring", and focus on that pairing's relationship, over the actual pairing(s), which received little focus and no hints of reciprocation in comparison.

Whereas if you flip the argument, it makes perfect sense that the pairings with zero hints of reciprocation and not nearly as much focus overall are were there to bring suspense to the romance subplot and to serve as character development for the girls, as well as plot devices in certain instances.
QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Nov 25 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see the confession as trolling either. Kishi specifically stated that the main theme of the manga is bonds, specifically, the "resulting complications and....difficult relationships." The confession was a complication in the NaruSaku relationship, meant to test the strength of their bond, and prevail over. Complicated is the best word to describe 469 and 470 - it wasn't straightforward - it was meant to be a speed bump in the road, not a dead end.

If it was, the romantic possibilities of their relationship would have clearly been ended there, but they weren't. Nothing has been resolved from that scenario yet, its simply being pushed off for a later date. Once the issues brought up at the summit are breached between them, I think that conversation will lead down the path to the pairing's final resolution.

Agreed - the movie shows the friction in the relationship at the beginning, and works through it and resolves it by the movie's end. To a lesser extent than the summit, the argument they had at the beginning of the movie is Kishi depicting a complication in their relationship, and showing that their bond is strong enough to hold strong and true despite that.

I think both of them learned that fantasy is no substitute for reality, and you need to be appreciative of what you really have. The important thing, I think, is that they helped each other in learning that message.
QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 25 2012, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it was pretty sad how minimal of a role Sakura got in those two movies. But at least she showed up, and showed care for Naruto in both of them (though I agree, ALL of their reactions to Naruto getting stabbed through and lying bleeding on the ground wasn't believable - they were off rounding off the fodder prisoners while Naruto is bleeding out on the ground, not showing any concern until after they finish the fight and even then its minimal.

As NaruSaku4Life said, it would have been preferable to keep Sakura's reaction from the novel in, as it fits her characterization better, but it is what it is.

Blood Prison all together didn't make much sense (I mean, Naruto and Ryuuzetsu both had a huge chunk of their spine missing, not to mention a bunch of internal organs and their lungs, and yet they were either fighting, or walking around for a good while afterwards facepalm.png)
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6408 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Nov 25 2012, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Others claim the moments were just red herrings, disproven as romantic moments on Sakura's part by the summit and 540, but they forget that NaruSaku is the only pairing that ever got such hints of mutual romantic affection. It seems rather ludicrous that Kishi would give hints of reciprocation for the "red herring", and focus on that pairing's relationship, over the actual pairing(s), which received little focus and no hints of reciprocation in comparison.

Whereas if you flip the argument, it makes perfect sense that the pairings with zero hints of reciprocation and not nearly as much focus overall are were there to bring suspense to the romance subplot and to serve as character development for the girls, as well as plot devices in certain instances.

Unless Kishi is horrible writer when it comes in romance, and decided to focus more on trolling fans than actually developing the supposedly cannon pairing. I'll admit, that will be a very committed troll.

I don't see the confession as trolling either. Kishi specifically stated that the main theme of the manga is bonds, specifically, the "resulting complications and....difficult relationships." The confession was a complication in the NaruSaku relationship, meant to test the strength of their bond, and prevail over. Complicated is the best word to describe 469 and 470 - it wasn't straightforward - it was meant to be a speed bump in the road, not a dead end.

If it was, the romantic possibilities of their relationship would have clearly been ended there, but they weren't. Nothing has been resolved from that scenario yet, its simply being pushed off for a later date.

Also, if the confession was meant to be the "dead end", then why did he have the scene where Naruto saves Sakura in a bridal pose, and later show that Naruto still likes Sakura in RtN.

To a lesser extent than the Blood Prison all together didn't make much sense (I mean, Naruto and Ryuuzetsu both had a huge chunk of their spine missing, not to mention a bunch of internal organs and their lungs, and yet they were either fighting, or walking around for a good while afterwards facepalm.png)

Anime logic!

#6409 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Nov 26 2012, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree completely - I think the closest they get to talking just for the sake of talking was when Hinata told Naruto that it was good to be working with him, and Naruto have her a smile and an affirmative in response right before the find Itachi mission, but it was both insignificant and is dwarfed by the casual interactions between Naruto and Sakura (which is much less formal and comfortable back and forth normally).

Yep - Sakura trusted Naruto completely, realized that he understood her and was always there for her all by the end of part one. To me, part one was about establishing a strong basis of friendship between Naruto and Sakura (as well as establishing Naruto's love for Sakura, and the rest of the love triangle/quad), while part two (where he said he actually wanted to try and emphasize romance) was about building towards reciprocation from Sakura's side (i.e. building Sakura's friendship into romantic feelings).

If it was, the romantic possibilities of their relationship would have clearly been ended there, but they weren't. Nothing has been resolved from that scenario yet, its simply being pushed off for a later date. Once the issues brought up at the summit are breached between them, I think that conversation will lead down the path to the pairing's final resolution.

Agreed - the movie shows the friction in the relationship at the beginning, and works through it and resolves it by the movie's end. To a lesser extent than the summit, the argument they had at the beginning of the movie is Kishi depicting a complication in their relationship, and showing that their bond is strong enough to hold strong and true despite that.

I think both of them learned that fantasy is no substitute for reality, and you need to be appreciative of what you really have. The important thing, I think, is that they helped each other in learning that message.

Yeah, it was pretty sad how minimal of a role Sakura got in those two movies. But at least she showed up, and showed care for Naruto in both of them (though I agree, ALL of their reactions to Naruto getting stabbed through and lying bleeding on the ground wasn't believable - they were off rounding off the fodder prisoners while Naruto is bleeding out on the ground, not showing any concern until after they finish the fight and even then its minimal.

As NaruSaku4Life said, it would have been preferable to keep Sakura's reaction from the novel in, as it fits her characterization better, but it is what it is.

Blood Prison all together didn't make much sense (I mean, Naruto and Ryuuzetsu both had a huge chunk of their spine missing, not to mention a bunch of internal organs and their lungs, and yet they were either fighting, or walking around for a good while afterwards facepalm.png)

Great post!
I also agree with that speedbump thing, because ive always seen it the same way. The development in part two was already far, so after the hug it was already hard to extract NS beeing canon to the end. So kishi decideded to insert that speedbump to win some time so that its no problem to make NS canon in the end.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#6410 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

@Paptala: Man, what a response. Thank you.

Hey, let's say this movie was released before the Kage Summit. Don't mind inconsistency like Naruto didn't meet Kushina. If this movie released before the confession, would you not think that Kishi changed Naruto into liking someone else? A lot of people have said that this movie clarified that Naruto will always love Sakura. But what if this movie was released before it.

#6411 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I know this is kind of out of topic but I was just wondering some questions like:
Some people said that naruto is like kushina and hinata is like minato and they say that naruhina is parallel to minakushi BUT did Kushina say find SOMEONE who is like your dad Minato? she DID not say that! she said something like find a girl who is like me or something. So Sakura is just like Kushina isn't it obvious. Sorry for my english. I just move to Australia last year.

Edited by narusakuno1, 02 December 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#6412 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (narusakuno1 @ Dec 2 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is kind of out of topic but I was just wondering some questions like:
Some people said that naruto is like kushina and hinata is like minato and they say that naruhina is parallel to minakushi BUT did Kushina say find SOMEONE who is like your dad Minato? she DID not say that! she said something like find a girl who is like me or something. So Sakura is just like Kushina isn't it obvious. Sorry for my english. I just move to Australia last year.

well yea biggrin.gif thats how your supposed to look at it XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#6413 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (narusakuno1 @ Dec 2 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your English is pretty good. No worries.

To answer your post:

First of all, Kushina said find someone who is like your mom. That's final and nothing you can manipulate. Second, while Naruto does share a lot from Kushina, Naruto is often compared to Minato in terms of respect, determination, and gentle. Even Jiraiya told him that he reminded him of Minato. Naruto is a result of mixture of Minato/Kushina, but since he's a man, he does what Minato does. Personality and perhaps fighting style heritage from Kushina. So yeah, the only one that's similar to Kushina is Sakura. She is rough but kind. People even said that Kushina reminded them of Sakura in many ways. So yeah, I could argue more but I think you got it. happy.gif

#6414 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (narusakuno1 @ Dec 2 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assuming you're new, welcome to Heaven & Earth! happy.gif

In response, I'm going to post my straight opinion on the NH view of MinaKushi and its parallel to their preferred pairing.
To be bluntly honest, I seriously think NH tries to pull this simply out of distress because of Kushina's striking resemblance to Sakura in almost every way- personality, looks, romance plot, and so forth. Most importantly, her lovely quote telling Naruto to find a woman like her, not a weird one is the ribbon tying the entire package together. In case of any doubt to who this "woman" like her is, I'd like to point out Naruto's first impression of Hinata being "weird."
Secondly, I have no idea where this even came from, but Hinata is nothing in comparison to Minato, in my opinion to say the least. Minato is not shy, overly worrisome, shown to be weak, in need of pep talks, nor was his character anything more nor less of pairing fodder. Minato is bold, heroic, wise, strong, trusting, and an integral character in this story. So, in a way, you may say he's the complete opposite of Hinata. And while some may say that Naruto only inherited Minato's looks and Kushina's personality, I slightly disagree, because the heroic talk-no-jutsu side of Naruto is resemblance of Minato, in my opinion anyway. And regardless of any of this, didn't he and Kushina's backstory clear all of this up, such as Kushina thinking Minato was weak and he could never become Hokage at first impression, along with her insecurity of her hair? These are all deep, obvious parallels to Naruto and Sakura, and if anyone can't clearly see this, then it's a serious concern because I have no idea how they could clearly understand anything else within this manga as complicated as it can get. And to begin with, there wasn't even half a hint of anything within Minato and Kushina's story relating to Hinata.

So, as ridiculous as NH's "parallel" to MinaKushi is, their view on this is simply denial to the obvious and an excuse that doesn't even make sense to attempt to justify their pairing in mind and argument.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#6415 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Dec 2 2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your English is pretty good. No worries.

To answer your post:

First of all, Kushina said find someone who is like your mom. That's final and nothing you can manipulate. Second, while Naruto does share a lot from Kushina, Naruto is often compared to Minato in terms of respect, determination, and gentle. Even Jiraiya told him that he reminded him of Minato. Naruto is a result of mixture of Minato/Kushina, but since he's a man, he does what Minato does. Personality and perhaps fighting style heritage from Kushina. So yeah, the only one that's similar to Kushina is Sakura. She is rough but kind. People even said that Kushina reminded them of Sakura in many ways. So yeah, I could argue more but I think you got it. happy.gif

I think it would be more apt to say that Naruto inherited his father's charisma and determination. As for Kushina, he inherited her personality and book dumb tendencies tongue.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6416 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Gamakushii @ Dec 1 2012, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assuming you're new, welcome to Heaven & Earth! happy.gif

In response, I'm going to post my straight opinion on the NH view of MinaKushi and its parallel to their preferred pairing.
To be bluntly honest, I seriously think NH tries to pull this simply out of distress because of Kushina's striking resemblance to Sakura in almost every way- personality, looks, romance plot, and so forth. Most importantly, her lovely quote telling Naruto to find a woman like her, not a weird one is the ribbon tying the entire package together. In case of any doubt to who this "woman" like her is, I'd like to point out Naruto's first impression of Hinata being "weird."
Secondly, I have no idea where this even came from, but Hinata is nothing in comparison to Minato, in my opinion to say the least. Minato is not shy, overly worrisome, shown to be weak, in need of pep talks, nor was his character anything more nor less of pairing fodder. Minato is bold, heroic, wise, strong, trusting, and an integral character in this story. So, in a way, you may say he's the complete opposite of Hinata. And while some may say that Naruto only inherited Minato's looks and Kushina's personality, I slightly disagree, because the heroic talk-no-jutsu side of Naruto is resemblance of Minato, in my opinion anyway. And regardless of any of this, didn't he and Kushina's backstory clear all of this up, such as Kushina thinking Minato was weak and he could never become Hokage at first impression, along with her insecurity of her hair? These are all deep, obvious parallels to Naruto and Sakura, and if anyone can't clearly see this, then it's a serious concern because I have no idea how they could clearly understand anything else within this manga as complicated as it can get. And to begin with, there wasn't even half a hint of anything within Minato and Kushina's story relating to Hinata.

So, as ridiculous as NH's "parallel" to MinaKushi is, their view on this is simply denial to the obvious and an excuse that doesn't even make sense to attempt to justify their pairing in mind and argument.

Exactly. Minato seems quiet, but not nearly as shy as Hinata. He's seems reserved, bot not insecure. After all, he did stand up during someone els's introduction into his class to announce his own dream. I don't think Hinata would ever do something like that.
It is funny though. Seeings as Naruto does she a lot with his mother, it would have been easy for Kishi to let the audience assume his counterpart would be more like Minato. Not necessarily Hinata, but someone less like Kushina. Nope, he made it clear that Kushina wanted Naruto to find someone like her. I don't understand why some people even bother attempting to making the MinatoHinata argument when Kishi kinda made sure you couldn't/shouldn't.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#6417 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

First of all, sorry for my late reply smile.gif

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Nov 16 2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that is definitely all on Kishi's part there. So, that hugging scene, what was her reaction? Was it positive as in she is happy to see him with a family, or negative as in he is accepting what's not real to them?

Sakura's reaction was... --Click here to view--

I think it was positive. She was happy for Naruto and about to cry. The key message on the whole journey in this movie is that Sakura starting to learn how it feels to live a life as the only offspring of a hero -- much like Naruto.

A hero, who has done a great deed to save the village by sacrificing himself, but wont be able to be there for their family. The hero will be carved in the stone and will always be remembered, but for the child / family who was left behind, what good does it make? They dont need parents who are only carved in the stone, dont they?

At later part, Sakura learned Naruto's hardship by thinking 'Naruto, this must be how you feel all along...' --something along those lines. From that point onwards, I realized that this movie is about Naruto and Sakura learning the lesson of life by switching their place. That's my personal take on it.

QUOTE (PhenixElite)
Maybe this movie is really also to show the change of sakuras feeling from sasuke to naruto like its shown pretty clear in the scene where sakura whitness sasuke flirting with other girls.
Its maybe there to show how sakura currently feels in the manga towards naruto, after the lover nin scene, who knows.

But where else should be the point in making a movie full of NS moments and development if it means nothing to the manga?

...this movie is targeted for general public consumption, not only for Naruto fans. People who dont read the manga can still follow the storyline. It's hard to say whether this is a start of Sakura's change of feeling, but we can always tell that this is more or less what Kishi's intention on how he wants the audience to appreciate his characters.

In particular to Sakura's feeling, the NS fan inside me always thought that this movie shows how Kishi depicts Sakura's feeling towards Sasuke -- it's not the real love Sakura was looking for and she need to learn her lesson. If you're an author of a manga and you have ~2 hours to sum up what your story is all about in an OVA, how else you want to depict it? ---But, that's just me being NS fan.

I think the movie itself is about a journey from imperfection towards perfection, by learning from mistakes. Nobody is perfect and it is very human to be imperfect. But you got to learn from your mistakes and move forward to become a better person. That's what I like from Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. They have flaws, but they made an effort to fix it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but that's where the fun is -- they keep trying.

QUOTE (Paptala)
So apparently there's been talk over at NF that this movie wasn't actually written by Kishimoto anymore than the third shippuden movie was, since he is credited second (i.e. that this movie is a product of the anime-team).

Is there any merit to this claim, honestly? Not that I won't still love the amazing fan service we're getting from the movie, but it would just be nice to know if this actually came from Kishi (which of course I'm still inclined to believe, I would just want to be sure and not just dismiss it offhand just because it doesn't agree with me).

So what do you guys think? Has anyone in the movie thread there ever substantiated this?

... I think it's a big lie. I dont know whether it is the truth or not, since I'm not Kishimoto smile.gif but the fact is: Kishi stated himself that he's not only drawing the characters, but also writing the story for this movie. Refer to the movie's trailers.

I live long enough in Japan to notice that such claims in advertisement means a serious business. Japanese don't put big names in a product carelessly, be it OVA, video games, fashion design, music, books, etc. If a person name tag is there, it will not be just for fun. They carry a heavy burden and risk -- if the product fails, the named person will hardly get a second chance to be involved in similar projects in the future. People just wont buy it.

So, I think this movie is a make-it-or-break-it moment for Kishi, as well as Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. I'm glad that this movie becomes the most successful Naruto movie, even though the DVD hasnt been released yet (it'll bring a lot more $$ when the DVD is out).

The success brings a good message to Kishi and his editor at WSJ I think --that NaruSaku bonds/interaction may not be the least favorable in Naruto universe, it may well be the *most* bonds/interaction people looking forward to. Polls/statistics doesnt really matter because they arent really tangible in terms of how much money it will help drive the manga generate more income. We have a solid proof of a successful movie focusing on Naruto, Sakura and family themes. You combine this together, it'll come out as NS all the way tongue.gif Even one of the member of AKFG says he's looking forward how Naruto and Sakura relationship develop.

I find it interesting that recently Kishi stated in WSJ event, that he completely forgot about Sakura -- yet, he made a full movie in which Sakura gets a major role along with Naruto. Having said that, I'll just take Kishi's interview and comments with a grain of salt smile.gif He's very clever at hiding his plans.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#6418 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Dec 2 2012, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... I think it's a big lie. I dont know whether it is the truth or not, since I'm not Kishimoto smile.gif but the fact is: Kishi stated himself that he's not only drawing the characters, but also writing the story for this movie. Refer to the movie's trailers.

I live long enough in Japan to notice that such claims in advertisement means a serious business. Japanese don't put big names in a product carelessly, be it OVA, video games, fashion design, music, books, etc. If a person name tag is there, it will not be just for fun. They carry a heavy burden and risk -- if the product fails, the named person will hardly get a second chance to be involved in similar projects in the future. People just wont buy it.

So, I think this movie is a make-it-or-break-it moment for Kishi, as well as Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. I'm glad that this movie becomes the most successful Naruto movie, even though the DVD hasnt been released yet (it'll bring a lot more $$ when the DVD is out).

The success brings a good message to Kishi and his editor at WSJ I think --that NaruSaku bonds/interaction may not be the least favorable in Naruto universe, it may well be the *most* bonds/interaction people looking forward to. Polls/statistics doesnt really matter because they arent really tangible in terms of how much money it will help drive the manga generate more income. We have a solid proof of a successful movie focusing on Naruto, Sakura and family themes. You combine this together, it'll come out as NS all the way tongue.gif Even one of the member of AKFG says he's looking forward how Naruto and Sakura relationship develop.

I find it interesting that recently Kishi stated in WSJ event, that he completely forgot about Sakura -- yet, he made a full movie in which Sakura gets a major role along with Naruto. Having said that, I'll just take Kishi's interview and comments with a grain of salt smile.gif He's very clever at hiding his plans.

It was a good movie but the advertise lead to a movie full of NH and SS proof of this was that one manga shot.
maybe he wanted to show NS bond more deeply.
i dont know it was just confusing i watched the movie in Japan too with my friend.
I watch the movie alone my friend was doing another stuff.
Btw i dont know why the japanese are so anti-social.
It's difficult to start a conversation i just wanted to test my japanese.

Edited by dovahkiin, 02 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6419 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Dec 2 2012, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was a good movie but the advertise lead to a movie full of NH and SS proof of this was that one manga shot.
maybe he wanted to show NS bond more deeply.
i dont know it was just confusing i watched the movie in Japan too with my friend.
I watch the movie alone my friend was doing another stuff.
Btw i dont know why the japanese are so anti-social.
It's difficult to start a conversation i just wanted to test my japanese.

Actually, they never mention it will be full of NH or SS. They mentioned that Hinata and Sasuke personality is the opposite of the actual manga. If you know Kishi's approach for years, then you know you'll need to see underneath the underneath. lol. I wasnt very suprised that it turns out full of NS smile.gif

Just take a brief look at the promotional poster where all the rookies are shown with their opposites. You have Hinata all over Naruto and you have Sasuke all over Sakura. But the fact is, both Naruto and Sakura are shown next to each other. Both are the only ones with no opposite. You can more or less guess what's Kishi's trying to say with the poster: How does Naruto and Sakura cope with all this madness in AU world.

As for the one manga shot, we learned that Hinata being Hinata, by blushing and all those Naruto-kun... but the funny thing is, it was Sakura's undergarment which was hooked to Naruto's towel. Again, if you know Kishi's approach for years, then you know what was the actual message / intention.

Japanese are not so anti-social. They merely dont want to burden you and they are not very well adept with strangers. Once you know them, they're one of the kindest people / culture in the world.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#6420 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Dec 2 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, they never mention it will be full of NH or SS. They mentioned that Hinata and Sasuke personality is the opposite of the actual manga. If you know Kishi's approach for years, then you know you'll need to see underneath the underneath. lol. I wasnt very suprised that it turns out full of NS smile.gif

Just take a brief look at the promotional poster where all the rookies are shown with their opposites. You have Hinata all over Naruto and you have Sasuke all over Sakura. But the fact is, both Naruto and Sakura are shown next to each other. Both are the only ones with no opposite. You can more or less guess what's Kishi's trying to say with the poster: How does Naruto and Sakura cope with all this madness in AU world.

As for the one manga shot, we learned that Hinata being Hinata, by blushing and all those Naruto-kun... but the funny thing is, it was Sakura's undergarment which was hooked to Naruto's towel. Again, if you know Kishi's approach for years, then you know what was the actual message / intention.

Japanese are not so anti-social. They merely dont want to burden you and they are not very well adept with strangers. Once you know them, they're one of the kindest people / culture in the world.

The advertize was different naruto didnt showed feelings towards hinata but the SS in all the first pages and posters they showed sakura blushing towards sasuke, and naruto freaking out.
SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users