22 replies to this topic

#1 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

Why have Kushina look like Sakura and vice versa?

Why have Kushina tell Naruto to find someone like his mother?

Why have Minato compare Sakura to Kushina?

I just want someone to ask Kishi these questions since he's lately in the mood to do interviews

#2 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

I just want someone to ask Kishi these questions since he's lately in the mood to do interviews

Because he would have us believe it was all a red herring.

#3 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

He said in one of the interviews he purposefully made Kushina like Sakura to "mislead" fans. Basically he said he developed NaruSaku with parallels and all that just to pull a twist at the end with NH and SS.

Now some people think he's lying and that's just a cop-out used to retcon NS development others think he is telling the truth he is just incompetent and screwed up.

Edited by Candleguy, 15 December 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#4 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

It was all because he wants to mislead us. And he has a fetish of wasting manga panels and ruining character development

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#5 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

It's a crappy twist. Kikitten thinks he's a genius when he really should just admit he sold his ass out to the fans.

#6 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

It was all because he wants to mislead us. And he has a fetish of wasting manga panels and ruining character development

:lmao:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#7 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

I seriously don't think Kishi even knows what a "red herring" is. If something is developed, it's developed and no "red herring" can get rid of that development. It still happened. A red herring is supposed to mislead, yes, but not this way. It's supposed to mislead the characters and the plot, not just the readers. And intentionally putting in false parallels? That is LOW.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#8 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

NS was way more then a red herring, even I would even admit that Taiora could be reasoned as a red herring, but not this. Way too much went into this, its psychotic if he did all this to keep a portion of Naruto fans to keep up. 

He said in one of the interviews he purposefully made Kushina like Sakura to "mislead" fans. Basically he said he developed NaruSaku with parallels and all that just to pull a twist at the end with NH and SS.

Now some people think he's lying and that's just a cop-out used to retcon NS development others think he is telling the truth he is just incompetent and screwed up.

Again so much was put into it, if anything red herring would have been hinata in this situation. Or even if kushina did look like sakura and act like her, why say all that, why let minato say those things at the end, then why let your main character disobey/lie to his parents *dead parents…all for hinata…

I seriously don't think Kishi even knows what a "red herring" is. If something is developed, it's developed and no "red herring" can get rid of that development. It still happened. A red herring is supposed to mislead, yes, but not this way. It's supposed to mislead the characters and the plot, not just the readers. And intentionally putting in false parallels? That is LOW.

This^^^^….Red herring would have been a little something here or there, but the very foundation of the manga and its parralls and messages of shoot from NS.

#9 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

The only red herrings in my opinion are the Fish tales that SP and Kishimoto-san--I refuse to call him sensei anymore after that fiasco-- are telling us. I think he caved finally. pressure from the studio, from Nana-sans reps, from editors, he just flat out caved threw his hands in the air and said whatever.

he allowed his story to be coopted and in the process let his reputation as a mangaka be ruined. unless he comes out hard core and publicly denounces the ending and the Last movie as non Canon AUs done for the studio, hes forever gonna be known as the red herring mangaka and no one will read any of his stories. they might buy the last chapter just to see where the main characters end up but wont trust the rest of the story at all, and will point to Naruto as the reason.

I think he made a horrendous mistake in this regard, Naruto will forever haunt his career as he tries new stories.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#10 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Everyone is asking the same questions. Actually more questions can be asked. It's just so obvious and painful to see how badly Kishi screwed up.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#11 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Here's a suggestion. Go here:

http://www.naruto.com/j/yosegaki/

And instead of talking about how much you didn't like the ending, you instead post all of the questions that you want Kishi to answer. About everything. Let him know that we know that all of the hints, the parallels, the development wasn't just done to mislead us.

Remember, any and all questions you can think of. Let's see if we can get as mush of the NS community involved as possible.

#12 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

Unfortunately, this is not how a red herring is done.

A red herring is a piece of information or suggestion introduced to draw attention away from the real facts of a Situation.

Examples for well done "Red Herrings":

"Ocean Waves" - From Studio Ghibli

"Pride and Prejudice" and "Emma" from Jane Austen

or in almost every Alfred Hitchcock movie.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#13 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

I would ask him what drugs he's on. :zaru:

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#14 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

I have nothing to ask him. He has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has been found wanting. Without an editot who is guiding his hand, he fails as a creator. He contradicts his themes, creates jaring tonal shifts, and regresses his characters. With every interview we get it is obvious that he is protected from criticism and genuinely doesn't understand his failings as a creator. I am certain the majority of the feedback he gets is controlled and is praise placed on him by nh and ss fans who are simply happy who got to have sex with who. I have nothing kind to say to him or his ilk. The only posive he has now is in the negative as in "don't pull a Kishi", he is a true personification of a failed literary creator.

#15 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

If I was forced to to talk to him though I'd probably say this:

tumblr_m0snocvbsQ1ql4a37o1_500.gif

#16 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

i would only ask him the reason why naruto is a bad father in the ending, why did he make bolt a copy of his father, why did he not name the manga 'Sasuke'.
6r1oag.jpg

#17 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

I would ask him what drugs he's on. :zaru:

I have nothing to ask him. He has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has been found wanting. Without an editot who is guiding his hand, he fails as a creator. He contradicts his themes, creates jaring tonal shifts, and regresses his characters. With every interview we get it is obvious that he is protected from criticism and genuinely doesn't understand his failings as a creator. I am certain the majority of the feedback he gets is controlled and is praise placed on him by nh and ss fans who are simply happy who got to have sex with who. I have nothing kind to say to him or his ilk. The only posive he has now is in the negative as in "don't pull a Kishi", he is a true personification of a failed literary creator.

If I was forced to to talk to him though I'd probably say this:

tumblr_m0snocvbsQ1ql4a37o1_500.gif

i would only ask him the reason why naruto is a bad father in the ending, why did he make bolt a copy of his father, why did he not name the manga 'Sasuke'.

LMAO I would "like" all these but I hit the limit already.

Naruto being a bad dad really gets annoys the kitten outta me, but I'm happy cause he's with hinata so everything is a sham. And yes it should  have been called sasuke, sasuke got everything and I mean everything….kishi always said he saw himself as sasuke...

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

There is no point to ask him anything because you will just get the same response:

"It's a red herring"
"You read it wrong"
"Everything was planned from the start."

Yadda yadda yadda

Instead I would ask: "How does it feel to know that a character you told yourself to take care of is now being seen as the biggest scum bag in anime history and was reduced to nothing more than a whore for an overrated psychopathic stalker girl that you apparently felt pity for and made a whole love based relationship around guilt rather than true love?"

I would love for me and the girl I am in love with to dress as Naruto and Sakura, holding hands, and walking right up to the microphone saying "We hate people who lie to themselves" and then kiss right in front of him.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 December 2014 - 09:16 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

true.

The linkgiven in the topic (to naruto.com) id outdated though..

I actually think everyone got everything they wanted, except for the main and title character.In a way, you can predict the end from the team intro scene. Which is a bloody shame because it means they didn't grow up at all.
6r1oag.jpg

#20 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

Bolded: The only word for this is : Exactly

NS was largely developed that it can't be a red herring. A red herring can't be applied to NS for misleading. There are many factors in the manga that can't put NS under the word which is misleading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users