3333 replies to this topic

#1001 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

...OK. Other then a desire to tell a bad pun, what brought this up?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 November 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#1002 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

...OK. Other then a desire to tell a bad pun, what brought this up?

The anime. This whole thing was lame...I am debating myself if I should talk about it...

#1003 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

The anime. This whole thing was lame...I am debating myself if I should talk about it...

You already did the pun. So go ahead. What stupid thing have they done now?

#1004 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

You already did the pun. So go ahead. What stupid thing have they done now?

Lots of things. Well, I will explain later. I got other work to do.

#1005 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Lots of things. Well, I will explain later. I got other work to do.

I am suddenly filled with dread and annoyance.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1006 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:16 PM

Ok, I have time because I got way too many energy in me. So why I wrote that pun. Because the last episode of the arc came and went.

First of all, the arc is one lousy writing all in all. It starts off a bit promising but because it wants to focus on the legacy with many new characters introduced, it didnt have time to explore further in depth. Shizuma is the main villain with a motive that is asinine due to the great disadvantage but believe it or not, its even more absurd in this last episode.

Kagura is a new character that Boruto would eventually befriended with. He was doing fine until he turned to the dark side because he said he has murdered someone. Well, thats dark. Nope. He only scarred Shizuma, who is already a villain, so what. The whole Yagura being cursed in bloodline is forced in order to justify Kaguras action, including turning back on his people.

His character opens my eyes that Studio Pierrot have some fetish with characters who is bratty and dumbfounded like that kid from Shippuden Filler Arc 1 with Konoha Invasion. He is such a tool and cringe worthy with his idiotic actions against Boruto.

The whole troublesome timer relies on some literal PowerPuff Girls logic: saving the world before bedtime. Its silly and takes the seriousness away. Kagura was useless and was there for the sake of Boruto to use TnJ and make a new friend. Same old, same old. What bothers me is the logic of that damn card game with this serious event. If its a new card game in real life, great! I would love to buy them. Scarf was aggravating but this one is challenging it. Rather have killing whales is bad in Titanic movie.

The villains are a joke. Of course, Shizuma wont be a pushover because hes the main villain. His motive went from potential dimension to discounted Hody. The liar reveal plot line occurred here because we cant have dark tone storyline. Hes basically evil for the hell of it, but unlike being terrified like with the Joker, were just waiting for the arc to end.

Him getting fused with Samehada is Mizuko Tiger Mode (Boruto Edition). It gets dealt with so fast, it was only done for the sake of Kaguras redemption or tag team crap. Im baffled that he was saved in the end. I guess after that random touch from SP to make him have a love interest is enough to salvage him.

The arc ends immediately; karate films style. Basically, fight ends, I am Optimis Prime! Roll credit. This arc was weak as hell. The pure definition of style over substance and not that good at it.

#1007 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

Also, I realized that using mobile version gets rid of hyphen for some reason. I should report this to modders. Apologies for its texts.

#1008 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Wait...Killer Bee still has Kisame's weapon even by the time of the Boruto movie. It was merging with the weapon that Kisame was able to do that in his fight against Gai.

Is the love interest of this Kagura a moe?

Well remember the otaku in the staff don't imagine themselves as Sasuke, (they apparently hate him from what I hear) but Naruto. That among others thing made them get into the habit of making a lot of filler characters will pretty much the same personality.

That card game has been around for years. The focus on the card game is the same reason that Ao was in the manga; to show that anime is canon. The card game arc was the only arc of the Boruto manga when they were writing this, so they had to use it.

I honestly think the gaiden arc is going to be the best arc of Boruto in the entire anime. One because they aren't writing it, two its not from that Boruto manga, and three it was constructed from two years of figuring out how to soften the negative aspect of the gaiden so they can appeal to their larger of the two factions in their fanbase.

#1009 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Wait...Killer Bee still has Kisame's weapon even by the time of the Boruto movie. It was merging with the weapon that Kisame was able to do that in his fight against Gai.

Is the love interest of this Kagura a moe?

Well remember the otaku in the staff don't imagine themselves as Sasuke, (they apparently hate him from what I hear) but Naruto. That among others thing made them get into the habit of making a lot of filler characters will pretty much the same personality.

That card game has been around for years. The focus on the card game is the same reason that Ao was in the manga; to show that anime is canon. The card game arc was the only arc of the Boruto manga when they were writing this, so they had to use it.

I honestly think the gaiden arc is going to be the best arc of Boruto in the entire anime. One because they aren't writing it, two its not from that Boruto manga, and three it was constructed from two years of figuring out how to soften the negative aspect of the gaiden so they can appeal to their larger of the two factions in their fanbase.

I assume you don't watch the anime anymore.

Samehada got some retcon to allow Shizuma to use the weapon without the thought of "want the best chakra source to allow it being used." I don't even know why the sword is there in the first place.

I mean Shizuma has a love interest or whatever it was being suggestive in 2-3 episodes ago. It's probably done for SP supervision because everyone needs love.

The card game isn't the one that acts like Yu-Gi-Oh! It's more like playing cards like poker, black jack, etc., only this one is ninja style. Apparently, this trait is highly significant for the arc. It's really silly.

#1010 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:02 AM

I assume you don't watch the anime anymore.

Samehada got some retcon to allow Shizuma to use the weapon without the thought of "want the best chakra source to allow it being used." I don't even know why the sword is there in the first place.

I mean Shizuma has a love interest or whatever it was being suggestive in 2-3 episodes ago. It's probably done for SP supervision because everyone needs love.

The card game isn't the one that acts like Yu-Gi-Oh! It's more like playing cards like poker, black jack, etc., only this one is ninja style. Apparently, this trait is highly significant for the arc. It's really silly.

Got tired of it after the gaiden arc. If people still want me to do the summaries I'll watch it again, but that's it.

I could swear Killer Bee still had it even when he was kill by burly mustache and the effeminate one. I figure that it would be returned to the mist after Killer Bee passed on assuming that the alliance holds. But again this is the Naruto anime team when have they ever cared about continuity?

Oh wrong character sorry...also I ask what her personality was like. Moe? Tsudere? Nonexistent? 

I know what the card game is, I saw it in the manga. Again that is just to tie the anime with the manga to say that it is canon.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 November 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#1011 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:50 AM

Got tired of it after the gaiden arc. If people still want me to do the summaries I'll watch it again, but that's it.

I could swear Killer Bee still had it even when he was kill by burly mustache and the effeminate one. I figure that it would be returned to the mist after Killer Bee passed on assuming that the alliance holds. But again this is the Naruto anime team when have they ever cared about continuity?

Oh wrong character sorry...also I ask what her personality was like. Moe? Tsudere? Nonexistent? 

I know what the card game is, I saw it in the manga. Again that is just to tie the anime with the manga to say that it is canon.

Oh you will have a blast if you resume.

He did. I don't know why is back at the village.

Er, a typical villain with a sob story that I'm still trying to put the pieces together. She is Raiga's daughter and she claimed that he was killed by Naruto. In other words, filler is now canon.

Let me try to elaborate. The card game in the manga is like collectable: common, rare, pictures, etc. The card game in the anime is like poker: kings, queens, etc. The latter is what the anime trying to tie-in with Kagura subplot and it's just lame.

#1012 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:23 AM

Oh you will have a blast if you resume.

He did. I don't know why is back at the village.

Er, a typical villain with a sob story that I'm still trying to put the pieces together. She is Raiga's daughter and she claimed that he was killed by Naruto. In other words, filler is now canon.

Let me try to elaborate. The card game in the manga is like collectable: common, rare, pictures, etc. The card game in the anime is like poker: kings, queens, etc. The latter is what the anime trying to tie-in with Kagura subplot and it's just lame.

With how much time it takes to summaries an episode I think not.

Like I said they don't care about continuity. They just wanted a cool power to use to show how badass Bolt is. They remembered kisame's form and also wanted to remind people of the wave arc.

Of course they want all their anime arcs not just from Boruto but Naruto as well to be canon, because nH story comes from the anime. So if that loser's arc is canon then all those other filler arcs are canon as well, except the ones that had NS hints of course.

...That is... so...stupid. They are using basically baseball cards to play poker!...or is it literally ninja poker with another set of cards?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 November 2017 - 03:54 AM.

#1013 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:01 AM

I like the more recent episodes as Boruto isn't as annoying and stopped acting like an immature brat. For the people saying it doesn't make sense that Boruto could beat a 'Seven Ninja Swordsman of the Mist,' you have to realize that Shizuma isn't close to as strong as Zabuza was at the beginning of Naruto. Zabuza and Haku were Anbu level in terms of skill, Shizuma is advanced Chunin or close to Jonin level at most. Zabuza had mastery over fighting with his sword, while Shizuma basically just got his. Boruto is far better trained and equipped than Naruto was when they were similar ages and is likely as strong as most of the leaf Genin were when they took part in the Chunin exams. Boruto is also receiving a significant amount of help from Mitsuki who is Orochimaru's son and is basically Chunin level himself at minimum at this point. Boruto is still an Uzumaki which means he has really significant chakra reserves even at a young age. It's also a plus to see Sarada the copy ninja of this generation being bada**. 

Edited by DeathGodMack, 02 November 2017 - 04:11 AM.

Posted Image

#1014 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

The problem is simple "power scaling." If Bolt can already defeat demons, chunin. and probably eventually jounin before he even get out of the academy. In fact he is probably still eight years old unless they did a time skip. Then what is left that can be a threat to him? The first villain we have seen him fight were two gods that completely outclassed the previous series final boss who was considered the goddess of the ninja world. If that's the first people that we have ever seen him fight; then what left in the world that can threaten him? Molding Cannibal was a non-threat, and Kara had to be put on the level of the first two with power to destroy the world to make them even sound like a credible threat.

#1015 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

The problem is simple "power scaling." If Bolt can already defeat demons, chunin. and probably eventually jounin before he even get out of the academy. In fact he is probably still eight years old unless they did a time skip. Then what is left that can be a threat to him? The first villain we have seen him fight were two gods that completely outclassed the previous series final boss who was considered the goddess of the ninja world. If that's the first people that we have ever seen him fight; then what left in the world that can threaten him? Molding Cannibal was a non-threat, and Kara had to be put on the level of the first two with power to destroy the world to make them even sound like a credible threat.

Just from that , just from how OP boruto is at such a young age is already clear what the writer aim in the future. Hes going to another planet or another world / universe like DB super. It's going to be call of duty mode , explosion everywhere , flashy light. And you can see how hes able to see spirit ?? , maybe they gonna make him goes to the underworld related to the shinigami that the third and fourth hokage use to summon shinigami king like Bleach. For me i think it's pretty where they want boruto to go.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1016 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

I like the more recent episodes as Boruto isn't as annoying and stopped acting like an immature brat. For the people saying it doesn't make sense that Boruto could beat a 'Seven Ninja Swordsman of the Mist,' you have to realize that Shizuma isn't close to as strong as Zabuza was at the beginning of Naruto. Zabuza and Haku were Anbu level in terms of skill, Shizuma is advanced Chunin or close to Jonin level at most. Zabuza had mastery over fighting with his sword, while Shizuma basically just got his. Boruto is far better trained and equipped than Naruto was when they were similar ages and is likely as strong as most of the leaf Genin were when they took part in the Chunin exams. Boruto is also receiving a significant amount of help from Mitsuki who is Orochimaru's son and is basically Chunin level himself at minimum at this point. Boruto is still an Uzumaki which means he has really significant chakra reserves even at a young age. It's also a plus to see Sarada the copy ninja of this generation being bada**.

First bold: Isn't that a little too much expectance? I mean, the times are really different. How is Boruto learning more than Naruto did when Boruto is at a time of peace, while Naruto lived in a time of "In between wars." To me, it sounds like a cop-out. Especially for someone that is roughly learning from the same school. I don't know, it seems Boruto is an easy route of a hero. It's going on again about how greatness is in the genes and heritance and destiny....something Neji mentioned and Naruto said was bullcrap. Again, it seems Neji is right.

I may be picking at straws here, but to me Boruto should be struggling more....unless we want to call Boruto the "prodegy son." lol and now it makes me think that Gohan being weak after only a few years of not training is bullcrap even more. Lmao

Second bold: Who taught or is teaching Salad how to use the Sharingan? When Sasuke first unlocked it, he had to be taught how to use it by Kakashi and the process of learning to copy techniques. Remember how long it took for Sasuke to learn how to copy Rock Lee's techniques?

Guess I am missing something,

This strikes me as odd that these kids are not only stronger, but smarter than anyone in the previous generations. When did this all happen?

Just from that , just from how OP boruto is at such a young age is already clear what the writer aim in the future. Hes going to another planet or another world / universe like DB super. It's going to be call of duty mode , explosion everywhere , flashy light. And you can see how hes able to see spirit ?? , maybe they gonna make him goes to the underworld related to the shinigami that the third and fourth hokage use to summon shinigami king like Bleach. For me i think it's pretty where they want boruto to go.

If that happens.....

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 November 2017 - 04:52 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1017 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:20 AM

Just from that, just from how OP boruto is at such a young age is already clear what the writer aim in the future. He's going to another planet or another world/universe like DB super. It's going to be call of duty mode, explosion everywhere, flashy light, and you can see how he's able to see spirit ?? Maybe they gonna make him goes to the underworld related to the shinigami that the third and fourth hokage use to summon shinigami king like Bleach. For me I think it's pretty where they want boruto to go.

That may seem like a logical conclusion since they seem to be constantly ripping ff DB in hopes to copy its success. Sadly we already know what they are going to do. Give him a rival that turns evil and probably kill his father that is also just as powerful as him; Nail.

First bold: Isn't that a little too much expectance? I mean, the times are really different. How is Boruto learning more than Naruto did when Boruto is at a time of peace, while Naruto lived in a time of "In between wars." To me, it sounds like a cop-out. Especially for someone that is roughly learning from the same school. I don't know, it seems Boruto is an easy route of a hero. It's going on again about how greatness is in the genes and heritance and destiny....something Neji mentioned and Naruto said was bullcrap. Again, it seems Neji is right.

I may be picking at straws here, but to me Boruto should be struggling more....unless we want to call Boruto the "prodegy son." lol and now it makes me think that Gohan being weak after only a few years of not training is bullcrap even more. Lmao

Second bold: Who taught or is teaching Salad how to use the Sharingan? When Sasuke first unlocked it, he had to be taught how to use it by Kakashi and the process of learning to copy techniques. Remember how long it took for Sasuke to learn how to copy Rock Lee's techniques?

Guess I am missing something,

This strikes me as odd that these kids are not only stronger, but smarter than anyone in the previous generations. When did this all happen?

The thing is about the better trained excuse. Naruto calls bolt lazy and never trains to his father in law. Even Salad said the same thing years later to her father during the chunin exams. Also again the anime starts right at the very beginning when he first enters the academy, Naruto may have been a poor student, but Bolt should have barely started yet. Both Naruto and Bolt lived in times of relative peace, the only differences are new technology, not an orphan, and the alliance. All which would decrease the need for intense training. It is simple and that chibi one shot point it out Bolt is a born genius, he has the gift. That is it.

Do you honestly think the anime cares about stuff like that? They only brought that with Bolt in order to show how special his new eye is.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 November 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#1018 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:40 AM

The thing is about the better trained excuse. Naruto calls bolt lazy and never trains to his father in law. Even Salad said the same thing years later to her father during the chunin exams. Also again the anime starts right at the very beginning when he first enters the academy, Naruto may have been a poor student, but Bolt should have barely started yet. Both Naruto and Bolt lived in times of relative peace, the only differences are new technology, not an orphan, and the alliance. All which would decrease the need for intense training. It is simple and that chibi one shot point it out Bolt is a born genius, he has the gift. That is it.

Do you honestly think the anime cares about stuff like that? They only brought that with Bolt in order to show how special his new eye is.

Well, thank you for clarifying...now I know this story is trash. Boruto is an even bigger Gary Stu than his own father and Sasuke combined. They did away with the whole "hard work" ethic that Naruto originally started with.  That is just downright sad and people say Superman is too OP. One Punch Man is a satire of the typical shonen manga and plays it for laughs. Boruto literally plays up the typical shonen stereotypes, cranks it to 11, and then somehow tries to brag that it is "in-depth writing."

This is why I can't take Boruto or Naruto seriously anymore. It just doesn't amuse me and anything that could be potentially seen as "badass" is thrown out the window when you realise that these kids are doing with little to no training. They just pick it up and instantly be experts. The Midas Touch effect.

Bold: Here you would think that experience trumps any and all training because no amount of training can prepare for the real thing....seems I am wrong.

Why wasn't Rock Lee the protagonist of this story? He fits the big of "hard working gains amazing powers" motif better than anything. He found his own way.

Super Kami Guru: "Naaaaaiiillll"

Nail: "Sigh what?"

Super Kami Guru: "I saw a young shonen boy trying to be a hero......kick its ass"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 November 2017 - 05:45 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1019 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

I think the anime team was trying to make as many possibilities as they can , we can go there , we can go that way , we can go this way , also giving the manga team fresh ideas. What i see is :

-Card games : goes yu gi oh style card game theme.

-All the kids is genius despite the fact that they are still genin. If gennin already that genius/powerful , imagine if they goes to chunnin/jounin. So that makes it DB style universe.

-Boruto able to see spirit : possibilities to goes to other world , hell , heaven , bleach style world.

-Kaguya related , we see how they always mention threat bigger than kaguya then boom : momoshiki duo. Toneri and ootsuki clan live in moon so that makes it possibilities to other planet.

-There is also summoning world , like mount myoboku the frog world.

-Last but not least in my opinion is the Genjutsu world , turn out sharingan connected to some kind of phantom world kind like that.

Typing all of that makes me laugh for some reason i don't know why.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1020 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:35 AM

I think the anime team was trying to make as many possibilities as they can , we can go there , we can go that way , we can go this way , also giving the manga team fresh ideas. What i see is :

-Card games : goes yu gi oh style card game theme.

-All the kids is genius despite the fact that they are still genin. If gennin already that genius/powerful , imagine if they goes to chunnin/jounin. So that makes it DB style universe.

-Boruto able to see spirit : possibilities to goes to other world , hell , heaven , bleach style world.

-Kaguya related , we see how they always mention threat bigger than kaguya then boom : momoshiki duo. Toneri and ootsuki clan live in moon so that makes it possibilities to other planet.

-There is also summoning world , like mount myoboku the frog world.

-Last but not least in my opinion is the Genjutsu world , turn out sharingan connected to some kind of phantom world kind like that.

Typing all of that makes me laugh for some reason i don't know why.

...What!?

Probably because it either hilarious or sad the fact that there is no originality left in this franchise. All they are doing is copying something else.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users