Close
Photo

Chapter 296 Discussion (Scanlation, RAW, Script)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#1 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

The raw is up at http://www.mangahelpers.com

Here's a link to the RAW:
http://mangahelpers.....php?topic=1443

And a quick translation by Ryoma Echizen!
Click For Spoiler
Naruto 296 Translation by Ryoma Echizen

---

Title: A Sad Conclusion

Sidebar: The intelligent deer, yawning, out in the open

Page 2:

Narrator: Incredible uncertainty grips Sakura!

Kabuto: More than a battle between ninjas...

this seems like a battle between monsters doesn't it. ku ku ku

Sakura: Naruto...

Page 3:

Yamato: Naruto's over here

Orochimaru: Even with this Sword of Kusanagi to be unable to pierce him.

Page 5:

Yamato?: Don't look! At that

Kabuto: He'll even go so far as to take that form, to save Sasuke kun, won't he

Naruto (flashback): I'll definitely bring him back! It's the promise of a lifetime!

Sakura-chan, I... definitely will fufill my promise.

I'll never take back my words! Because that's my ninja way!

Kabuto: Now, even his sense of himself has just flickered away.

Page 6:

Kabuto: What a sad kid.

Yamato: Wait, Sakura! Don't get near Naruto!

Page 7:

Sakura: Naruto!

It's... it's fine now!

Because I'll be the one to bring Sasuke-kun back!

So... So Naruto doesn't.

Yamato: Crap!

Page 8:

Sai: How's the situation? Is Naruto dead?

Page 9:

Sai: Is my chance now?

Orochimaru: Its looks like its almost time.

This body really has rejected me.

It's too bad, my fun has to end here.

Page 10:

Orochimaru: Patience. I must have patience! I still have Sasuke-kun...

Page 11:

Yamato: Crap, did I make it in time?

Page 12:

Yamato: I won't let you lay a hand on her.

Kabuto: You're jumping to conclusions. I have no intention of laying my hands on you guys.

About that, it's just the opposite.

Yamato: What do you mean?

Page 13:

Kabuto: We have the same target as you. "Akatasuki" is the nuisance.

If I leave you guys alive, you might deal with one of them for me ...so I think.

Sakura: Naruto....

Page 14:

Kabuto: Though, that is your companion. Later, you guys should do something about that.

It's about time for Orochimaru-sama...

Page 15:

Yamato: I have to do it now...!

Hokage-shiki Jijunjutsu (Hokage Style, Obedience Technique)
(The kanji on his hand is the kanji for "sit")
Kakuan Nitten Suishu (Sanctuary Enclosing Hands)

*this is a very tenative translation on the move*

Page 17:

Sakura: Naruto

Sai: I am a messenger of Danzou-sama. I'm not an enemy.

I have something to speak with you about.

Sidebar: A violent battle...the last scene... With this ending, this man moves. What are his intentions!?

Bottom: An injured Naruto! An uneasy Sai!? And...! Next Time, Betrayal

EDIT BY SMITER: And a speed(ish) scanlation by me!

296 Scanlation

Click For Spoiler

It's almost everything I ever dreamed it could be!
Sakura's expressions, her courage, her absolute awesomeness! There's no way anyone can say she doesn't like him now! (well, they can say it, but it won't mean anything!)

*reads translation*
YEEEEEEE!!!
It was almost everything I could have dreamed of! I have been this happy since 245! Sakura's offering to take on Sasuke alone was excellent! This is exactly why I love this pairing! wub.gif ~~~

On other notes: Frikken Sai! What is he up to!? and looks like Sasuke won't be out of the picture for much longer... Snakey Jackson needs a new booody.

#2 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

Click For Spoiler
Wow. Sakura not only loses it, but tells Naruto that she'll save Sasuke herself so that he won't have to go this far? Definitely a strong NaruSaku moment, and also foreshadowing for my pet "Sakura beats Sasuke" theory.

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:37 AM

Click For Spoiler

Wow.

I had set myself up for disappointment, but this chapter definitely was something. happy.gif

Did you see the panel where Sakura clutches her chest, as if she has a really deep pain in her heart? We see her think about the bright and sunny Naruto as he usually is.

When Sakura realises just how far Naruto will go to keep his promise to her, she gets really upset and says whatever she can think of - she just doesn't want him to end up killing himself. Even going as far as trying to release him of his promise for the second time (the first time was at the hospital reunion)!

That was pretty much what I was hoping for.

No wonder Kabuto didn't attack - he's a smart fellow, that one. wink.gif It was cool how he healed Sakura without even needing to touch her! She could have done it herself, but she's all over the place, in shock because of what is happening to Naruto.

It looks like the fight is firmly over. Kabuto will jump back to Oro, Oro is weakening because his current body doesn't like him, and Sai has revealed his mission - a message to Oro! I thought something was up when I noticed Sai was still hanging around the battlefield instead of following Naruto.

I wonder if Danzou is trying to make a deal with Oro for another attack on Konoha? I'm sure Oro won't be able to resist another chance of pushing the windmills again. But then again, Danzou wouldn't sell out Konoha since he's a patriot. He may hate the Hokage, but he definitely wants to protect Konoha and "make it great again". Oro might be persuaded by Kabuto to leave Naruto and the others alone, only attacking them if they try to take his precious Sasuke-kun away.

So I wonder what Sai's message is...

Can't wait for 297. a_dance.gif Naruto should be back to normal, and we should get more scenes between him and Sakura! I wonder if Naruto will ever remember hurting Sakura?

Maybe we'll even see a heart-to-heart between them within the next few chapters, resulting in Naruto rejecting the use of the Kyuubi form (or at least only using it as a very last resort)?

#4 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

Damn, that was awesome! I can't wait to see a scanlation. It loses a bit for me when I have to flip back and forth between the translation and the raw.

Click For Spoiler
But where's the ... oh, wait. I said I wasn't going to get my hopes up for a hug. tongue.gif Still, I can't wait to see some interaction between the two of them once they're both ... y'know conscious and aware of their surroundings.

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

I did a quick scanlation of "that" part. happy.gif See image attached within spoiler.

Click For Spoiler

Credit goes to Ryoma for the script. This was as clean as I could get it without destroying the lines or making it too dark.

#6 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:43 PM

Click For Spoiler
HOLY CRAP! I'M SO HAPPY I CAN'T EVEN REACT INTELLIGENTLY TO THIS CHAPTER!

Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#7 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

Now that I've thought about it a bit ...

Click For Spoiler

I'm a bit miffed about Sakura getting taken down. I don't have a problem with her not being able to stand against Naruto in four-tailed Kyuubi mode when she isn't expecting an attack. In fact, I'd kind of expect her to get pwned in that situation.

Except that it didn't look like Kyuubi Naruto was really going all out. (Maybe Naruto was holding onto some shreds of control. I don't think Kyuubi would have any compunctions about taking out Sakura. In fact, it would probably want to since it considerably raises the odds of Naruto losing control emotionally and maybe breaking the seal entirely.) In fact, it looked like Sakura just took a scratch on the arm and was down for the count. She didn't even heal herself which I'd missed until seeing Smiter's comments. *sigh*

I like Kabuto though. Sure, he was afflicted by the stand-and-watch jutsu last chapter, but he seems to have recovered himself to seeming to be on everyone's side at once. Sasori, Orochimaru, Konoha. He's cool with allying with them all. At once. Against each other. You've really gotta respect someone that treacherous.

Thoughts on 297
Click For Spoiler

It'll be interesting to see what happens ... like usual. I'm hoping that Naruto might remember that he took a swipe at Sakura while under the influence. But if not, Kabuto might be happy to tell him about it to twist the knife a bit.

And for my WAG, I'll guess that Sai's message to Orochimaru is that Danzou and some of the council members want him to take out Tsunade or to become Hokage. Or both.

Sai: Danzou has sent me to offer the job of Hokage to you. He says that Tsunade-sama is clearly unsuitable for the position. She drinks, she gambles ... and she is protecting the fox-demon kid. She even shows him favoritism. Plus, she's a woman. *brief pause* She definitely doesn't have a kitten.

I wouldn't call it a realistic guess. I don't think much of the village would go for the new Hokage being the one that had killed the beloved Third, even over the Kyuubi Kid. Naruto seemed to be gaining acceptance fairly well prior to his sojourn with Jiraiya.

Then again, maybe they have managed to keep the attackers a secret and blame it all on the Sand. That would also give Sasuke a better excuse for going to Orochimaru since I've worked under the assumption that it was common knowledge that the Sound and Orochimaru were involved in the attack on Konoha, but if they weren't ...

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

#8 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

Click For Spoiler
w00t.gif Glad to see something like this happen. I'm eager to see what happens when both are conscious. I'm curious about what Sai has to say to Orochimaru though.

Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#9 Rinzen

Rinzen

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:56 PM

Oh man, I didnt really expected so much for this chapter... and here comes Kishi and really surprises us.

I think, besides all the obvious things in this chapter shows (Sakura really cares for Naruto), the really importing thing here is that this chapter lays down the foundations to more NaruxSaku interactions in the next few chapters.

Now Sakura knows how far will Naruto go for her (his promise).

Heh, I cant stop grinning from this chapter! biggrin.gif

#10 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

Click For Spoiler

Kabuto disappeared, Nick. happy.gif After he healed Sakura and explained himself, he went up in a puff of smoke. He'll be by Oro's side and probably hear Sai's proposal.

The next chapter teaser definitely has possibility for more Naruto/Sakura fluff. Naruto's back to normal (the panel just before Oro's face on the last page shows the Kyuubi tails dissolving) but he's going to be injured because he tapped into a massive amount of Kyuubi's power. With Sai's cladenstine meeting with Oro, Naruto and Sakura are left on their own under Yamato's watchful eye.

Injured Naruto + Sakura the medic-nin = TLC

The preview title seems to show that, despite appearances, Sai may not feel at ease with the orders he's been given. It could be Danzou wants to do something that could place others or Konoha in great risk.

Yamato might still have his wood clone over there, so he could be able to pick up their conversation.

You know what. I think Kabuto is probably a secret NaruSaku fan. tongue.gif Making Sakura cry like that, letting her rush to Naruto, those telling expressions on his face as he watches them, and healing Sakura. Seriously though, the manga seems to be hinting at Kabuto's interest in Sakura's reactions to Naruto.

If Kyuubi Naruto hadn't swiped one of its tails at Sakura, I think she would probably have given Naruto a flying glomp. XD You don't run that fast at someone, crying your eyes out, without crashing into them...

I'm going to make a Waiting for 297 avatar. tongue.gif

#11 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Oops. Wasn't paying enough attention.

Kabuto a closet NaruSaku fan? I like that idea.

'Specially since he was Aethos' favorite kind of Hinata fan earlier. C'mon. What do you think his real reasons for healing Hinata were. biggrin.gif Everybody's getting converted! (Or maybe he's thinking of ways to use it to manipulate Sasuke or them in their next encounter.)

I think I'll be having to keep my current avatar for a while.

#12 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Rinzen @ Feb 23 2006, 06:56 AM)
Oh man, I didnt really expected so much for this chapter... and here comes Kishi and really surprises us.

I think, besides all the obvious things in this chapter shows (Sakura really cares for Naruto), the really importing thing here is that this chapter lays down the foundations to more NaruxSaku interactions in the next few chapters.

Now Sakura knows how far will Naruto go for her (his promise).

Heh, I cant stop grinning from this chapter! biggrin.gif

I agree, Rinzen! happy.gif Man, I must say that it is intense how far Naruto would go to keep his promise to Sakura since he felt bad that he couldn't 3 years ago. Man, if he isn't careful, he's gonna lose himself completely to the Kyuubi, which won't be a good thing at all! O_O

Bryon

#13 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

Heh, haven't seen this chapter yet, but from what everyone's saying, I'm really gonna' like it biggrin.gif

#14 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

... Dude. That was intense.
Click For Spoiler
Well, at least everyone was right on one count. He did hurt Sakura in Kyuubi form. Assuming he finds out about what he has done at some point, his reaction will be one for the books. Sakura's certainly was. She must feel so bad for Naruto. and yes.

Injured Naruto + Sakura the medic-nin = TLC
is the kind of equation I like to see. Is Kabuto a NaruSaku fan? Perhaps in the closet. ... You know, I could continue with some pretty bad puns/jokes right now, but I'll stop.

On a side note, about his (Kabuto's) healing of Hinata way back when, I figure it's a Hippocratic Oath sort of moment. He is a 'medic-nin' and even though she's not a charge of his, he feels the need to help, to heal. Admittedly, he's one of the most interesting characters in this series, with a depth that is astounding. We still haven't seen his 'Old Blood' or whatever.
He clearly shows that he's not 'exactly' on the side of anybody, even if he's together with Orochimaru. and even though he's the right hand of the main villain, he has his own character, his own quirks, etc. and to be able to use Healing Hands from a distance.. impressive.

I had honestly thought it was Sakura doing it, at first, but upon further reviewal, I'm just somewhat unsure. Juicy, though. Good chapter.

#15 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

I've just finished and uploaded a scanlation, link is also in the first post. smile.gif

296 Scanlation

Not great quality, but maybe it'll tide some of us over until Shannaro do their HQ version?

#16 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

Click For Spoiler
WHAT THE HOLY HELL? THERE WAS WAY TOO MANY THINGS GOING ON FOR ME TO KEEP UP! Honestly, I had to go back and read the pictures three times just to catch everything it was so crazy. Anyway, on to reactions.

I personally think that she just chose Naruto over Sasuke . I mean, C'mon, she was wlling to lose herself to protect Naruto. Hell, she ran TOWARDS a demon in hopes of seeing naruto again. All she ever did for the Teme was cry and threaten to scream.

When she claimed to go with him it was because he was going to, but now she basically said she'd go alone without Naruto or anybody else. In my book that means she's protecting Naruto at risk to herself, which she never did with Sasuke. Chuunin exams don't count because Naruto was there too.

Also, oddly, I'm beginning to think she really doesn't want Sasuke back that much. Sure she'd want him back if nothing happened afterwards, but to me she seems to be going through with it only because Naruto's going to do it. After all, she did promise to protect him instead of being protected. So maybe she thinks Naruto wants him back more than she does and is going along with it to protect him. I mean, C'mon, she's only said his name a max of 5 times in Part 2 while Naruto said it a lot more.

What else, what else.......oh yeah, I think Kabuto is a NaruSaku fan! And I'm gonna try to put it logically too. an Unstable and homicidal Naruto means bad news for everybody. Bad news for Konoha because he could kill everybody in 4-tailed form. I say that because Orochimaru>Tsunade+Jiraiya. Hell, Kabuto himself could kill Tsunade. So if Naruto forces Orochimaru to give up a body, which i think he had a major part in, then he's capable of leveling Konoha.

So, to insure that Naruto doesn't go around and kill everything in sight, Kabuto makes sure he has an emeotional anchor. A.K.A. Sakura-chan. After all, he knows Sakura has feelings for him (demonstrated this chapter) and is willing to care for him; so it's not like it's a one-way thing. So, for his sake and the world's (cuz Naruto's that badass) he makes sure he stays in Naruto-form and Not Kyuubi-form.

#17 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

Click For Spoiler
You've really gotta respect someone that treacherous.

He's the embodiment of a pure powergamer. He'll help everyone out so he gets the maximum amount of EXP possible. tongue.gif

Good chapter, at any rate. But that picture of Shikamaru just looks weird. Like something's going off below camera (Temari? Ino? Temari AND Ino? tongue.gif). I like the image of Naruto when he's coming out of the Kyuubi-esque form, though. That pain, and Sakura saw it.

It's obvious she wouldn't want him to do anything that hurts him, so I think (Hope? Wish?) that there's a TLC scene in the near future. I'm going to go post in that 'Sakura doesn't care about Naruto' thread now, and just say 'See chapter 296.'

This has been a good day. biggrin.gif

#18 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

Click For Spoiler
This chapter is awesome. I even arrived late for school for so much time wasted in awe at it this morning tongue.gif. But anyway, this chapter contained such strong narusakuish emotions from sakura's part. The way she holds her first in a grip- she certainly feels the pain to see Naruto in that situation. Also the way she cried over him and ran to him it was like natural for her to help him in his situation. I thought she would hug him, I think she would have if kyuubi naru knocked her out of the way. So for the next chapter it could be either having Yamato fail the technique which I doubt at this point and have sakura be the one to make him return (man my wishful thinking tongue.gif) or maybe we could have the "omgrecklessnarutoyouidiot" talk from Sakura.

#19 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:20 PM

*babbling*

I'll comment more once I return from class and can relate my thoughs in a coherent manner. XD

#20 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

Click For Spoiler
OMG OMG OMG a_spaz.gif

I read this chapter in the morning and haven't been able to stop grinning like an idiot all day biggrin.gif I started getting giddy on the very first page, when Sakura starts thinking about the normal Naruto.

Then she remembers his promise, cries, and blames herself for his current situation, and then runs out to him and says he doesn't have to do anymore. Awwww wub.gif

And it's not over yet. We still have yet to see what Sakura will do next chapter when Naruto returns to normal. I hope she at least hugs him happy.gif And then what Naruto will think when he finds out what she said and did, and how he harmed her.

Okay. I'm done tongue.gif

Back to The Museum of NaruSaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users