Close
Photo

The Great "A-Z of NaruSaku" Challenge (FINAL WEEK!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#21 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

Last one- Envelope

Naruto took the yellowed envelope. It was from his father. Jiraiya had told him funny stories, about the Fourth Hokage as a boy. But this was the Fourth’s own words. It was a letter to Jiraiya about the Fourth‘s impending fatherhood. Jiraiya was already a bit of a wanderer and had been ending a long mission. Naruto read eagerly, smiling at the humor of a man long gone, then tearing up at the man’s pride that he would soon be a father.
"You keep that. You and Sakura are going to have a kid, it belongs in your family now."

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#22 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:50 AM

My first real attempt at any sort of fanfiction. I saw kawarimi already did all five, but I thought I would toss this in before the new ones were chosen.

Acceptance:

Sakura craved the acceptance others. As a child, she craved it from her peers. For years, she craved it from Uchiha Sasuke.

Yet, when others sought it from her, Sakura struggled to give it.

She rejected Ino; tossing away their friendship for a boy she barely knew.

She rejected Naruto even when it was obvious that his desire for acceptance was greater than her own.

She even rejected herself; pretending to be the good, obedient little girl when she desperately wanted to cut loose.

She was unable to give what she wanted the most and she hated herself for it.

I had the early version Sakura in mind when wrote this. It could also be an older one looking back on her past behavior.

#23 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:38 AM

Good drabbles everyone!

I'm also gonna finish all five, even though I may be a day or two late.

A is for Acceptance

Sakura made her way to the memorial stone.

She understood why Kakashi-sensei stood for hours here, but Sakura would not be like him, trapped by the ghosts of his past.

He wouldn’t have let her. She could almost hear him now, ‘Sakura-chan don’t let this little thing stop you, you still have precious people to protect 'tebayo!’ Sakura snorted. He would call his own death ‘little’.

It was so very hard to accept, even harder to live again.

Softly she traced his name.

Uzumaki Naruto

“Ja ne, anata,” whispered Sakura. “For you I’ll live, because you would want me to.”

Someday I'll complete something more than 100 words long :/
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#24 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

Wow, that was a lot of reading. Nice drabbles, everyone. biggrin.gif

It's now time for new prompts! I've PMed kawarimi to ask for her prompts for F-J, hopefully she will post them up soon. happy.gif

Unfortunately, I haven't finished any more drabbles yet, but I'm going to keep going and write one for every letter. tongue.gif

#25 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

I guess that's my cue!

:thumbs: Great job everyone - it's tricky getting to exactly 100 words (mine were always slightly over >.>)

Anyway, here's the next 5 prompts:

(I tried to come up with less obvious stuff to see what people come up with)

Fluffy
Gate
Hat
Ice cream
Jab

Have fun writing! a_dance.gif

#26 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

I did the first three!

Fluffy

There was something about Naruto’s hair that made Sakura slightly jealous. It shone a light golden in the sunlight, but other times it was a darker, bronze-gold. It was light, and so very, very soft. Sakura envied Naruto on days that he was looking better than her. She never thought someone with fluffy-yes; fluffy-hair would look as good as he did, even on days where he had bed head.
There were some days where they would lie on the couch together, watching random television shows, and she would watch intently, stroking her fingers through his hair. Yes, it was fluffy.

Gate

The one day, at Konoha’s gates, where Sakura literally begged him to save Sasuke, Naruto had almost given up on her. Now that Sasuke was gone, maybe the gates around her heart were closed. Maybe there was a wall around her heart, with no room for him to be let in.
The day she turned Naruto down for a date, Naruto was almost sure that there was no way across those gates. He could almost feel his break in two.
The day that Naruto found out that there were no such gates was also coincidentally the day she kissed him.

Hat

“Hey, Sakura-chan?” Naruto asked from the far room.
“Hm?”
“Do you know where I put my hat?” She could hear Naruto digging through the spare closet.
“What hat?”
“My hokage hat, you know, white, triangular, sort of, with fire written at the top?”
“Uh . . . hmm . . .did you try the bathroom?”
“Yes.”
“Kitchen”
“Uh, yeah.
“Did you leave it in the office?”
“No, because I know that I brought it home, I remember.”
“Did you look in the refrigerator?”
“Why would I put it in there- oh. Thank you, Sakura-chan. Bye!”
She heard the door slam.

#27 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

Poco, I loved Gate. biggrin.gif Hat was also amusing, and Fluffy is good - the last word is typoed though. happy.gif;

#28 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:46 AM

I rather enjoyed writing this one.

HAT:

“Naruto, put that back, you’re going to get in trouble. Again,” lectured a frustrated Sakura.

“Aw, c’mon Sakura-chan. If I’m going to be Hokage, I need to see how cool I’m going to look.”

Naruto then took the Third’s hat and offered it to his teammate. “And since you’re going be right here next to me, you should try it on too.”

Her curiosity getting the better of her, Sakura slipped on the hat and made her way to the mirror.

Wow, I look good. Maybe I should be the next Hokage.

“What are you two doing?”

Eh… maybe not.

#29 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hat

“I can’t believe you still have this silly thing.”

“Why not?”

“Well, it’s so old and tacky,” Sakura said holding the hat in her hand.

“You never mentioned anything about it when I wore it years ago?”

“We were kids Naruto, it didn’t matter then. We’re adults now and this thing just looks silly on you. You should get rid of it.”

“No!” Naruto reached out and took the goofy dog-cap from his girlfriend.

“Why do you keep it anyway?” Sakura sighed.

“Well,” Naruto blushed. “I always thought of you whenever I wore it.”

“Oh.”

And so the hat stayed.

End of line.

#30 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

So I'm still slogging through last week's drabbles. Eh.

E is for Envelope

Sakura roof-hopped frantically, desperately trying to escape her pursuers. She clutched the envelope in her hand tighter.

‘Those… ugh! They can’t have these!’ thought a panicky Sakura. Inner Sakura agreed:

NYA-HA-HA-HA-HA! MINE!!!

Sakura turned into an alley and found a dead end. Turning, she saw she was trapped.

“Just give us the naked Naruto pictures back, Forehead, and you won’t get hurt,” said Ino. Tenten nodded her agreement.

Sakura had no choice. Slipping the envelope into her dress, she launched herself at them. Claws extended Sakura screamed, “Mine! You get these over my dead body!”

The catfight lasted two hours.

So much more I wanted to put in here...stupid 100 words.

EDIT: Cleaned a couple of things up because I can't count.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#31 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:53 AM

Aw, thanks, Smiter-sama! I fixed the typo too.

Well, goes to show I may have the most spontaneous mind ever.

The last two, and yes, they are totally crazy.

Ice Cream

Naruto tapped his chin, thinking deeply.

What flavor did Sakura like best?

She reminded him last night, as they lay in bed, talking nonstop about their day, to buy some more ice cream. She never did mention what kind, though!

Would she like strawberry?

Naruto recalled that one time where they had drugged Kakashi’s strawberry ice cream in yet another unsuccessful attempt at seeing his face.

Or chocolate?
She loved chocolate.

Or perhaps vanilla?

Her shampoo did smell like vanilla, and there had to be some reason she kept buying it.

Just then, something red caught Naruto’s eye. Variety Flavor!

Jab

Naruto frowned. There was a particularly good-looking piece of meat floating around in Sakura’s bowl.

He had long finished his ramen, but just one more morsel would fully sate him.

He picked up his chopsticks, unaware that Sakura was looking at him funny.

He’s up to something, she thought.

She then noticed his real intentions as he eyed her bowl. There, floating in the broth was a lone piece of meat.

Naruto’s hand moved making a beeline for the bowl. He was stopped by a sharp elbow jab to the side.

Teach him not to steal any of my food!

So . . . does this mean I win?

#32 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

Yep!

So be thinking of prompts for next Monday!

Looks like "hat" was a particularly good prompt, kawarimi. All three of the drabbles have been stellar.

#33 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:02 AM

Start out with Hat (this is set in my Rain or Shine fanfic world)

First day as Hokage.
Sakura smiled, helping him don the robes of office.
"Do you want me to put this on your head or do you want to do it yourself"
"You do it Sakura chan. You helped me get here."
He breathed in her scent deeply as she placed the hat on his head. He tried for a kiss, but the brim bopped her on the head.
"Ouch"
"Sorry" He sighed. A drawback Tsunade hadn't mentioned, attempting kisses with a Hokage hat can be problematic.
Sakura pushed back the hat slightly and kissed him quickly but passionately.
Problem solved.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#34 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 10 2007, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Start out with Hat (this is set in my Rain or Shine fanfic world)

First day as Hokage.
Sakura smiled, helping him don the robes of office.
"Do you want me to put this on your head or do you want to do it yourself"
"You do it Sakura chan. You helped me get here."
He breathed in her scent deeply as she placed the hat on his head. He tried for a kiss, but the brim bopped her on the head.
"Ouch"
"Sorry" He sighed. A drawback Tsunade hadn't mentioned, attempting kisses with a Hokage hat can be problem.
Sakura pushed back the hat slightly and kissed him quickly but passionately.
Problem solved.

Awww cute!!! wub.gif I wanna read the next chapter from this fanfic...Can´t wait laugh.gif

#35 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Tobi_Uchiha @ Mar 10 2007, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww cute!!! wub.gif I wanna read the next chapter from this fanfic...Can´t wait laugh.gif

Thanks! I'm going to try to finish up these prompts this weekend and hopefully get the first draft of chapter 7 done. smile.gif

#36 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:27 AM

Gate. (This also takes place in my Rain or Shine fanfic universe. It's a moment of the morning they leave to try to rescue Sasuke, one more time.)

Three ninja at the gates awaited a fourth.
"He's late again" grumbled Naruto
"He's always late" Sakura said blandly.
Sai observed his companions. Something was troubling them.
“I don’t know…” Sakura couldn’t complete the sentence.
“Me either, but we have to try, this once more.” Naruto started hesitantly, but then felt a surge of determination. He gazed into Sakura’s eyes until her expression mirrored his.
She nodded firmly. “Yes.”
“Ready to go kids?” Their fourth member arrived.
“For an hour.” Sai commented
“My apologies, I-”
“Skip it” Sakura and Naruto interrupted, rolling their eyes, as they walked past the gates.

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Think I'll try to fit all the drabbles this week into my Rain or Shine fanfiction universe, so it won't distract me from writing my chapter seven draft. smile.gif This one takes place two days after Saori was born.
Fluffy

Naruto lugged an enormous fluffy stuffed animal into Sakura's hospital room.
"Is that for me? It's nearly three times Saori's size." she laughed.
"She'll grow into it." He grinned .
"Was it the biggest one in the store?"
"Yep!"
"What is it?”
"I think it's a dog, Kiba did too."
"Oh did Hinata go into labor early again? Is she okay?"
"Yeah, she and the baby are fine, Kiba told me."
"Good. I‘ll do a check up on both of them tomorrow."
“Everything still okay with you and the baby?”
“Absolutely, we can go home tomorrow.”
“Can’t wait!”
“Me either!”

#38 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

This one is shortly after Sakura and Naruto start training their Genin teams
Ice Cream

Okay, we’ll treat you to ice cream today. Sakura said
“I heard Mint makes you horny.” Harumi smirked
“I want that one then!” Isao shouted
“You’re always horny.” Harumi mocked
Eiro frowned, didn’t those two think of other things?
“What are you and Sakura sensei having, Naruto sensei?” Manabu asked.
“I’m having Cherry.” Naruto winked.
Sakura blushed and smacked him lightly on the arm.
Harumi, Isao and Manabu snickered. Kitomi sighed happily at the romantic moment. Eiro was annoyed. Chie just looked confused .
“What not ramen flavored?” Sakura snarked.
“Developed a taste for new foods lately.” He teased back.

#39 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 11 2007, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This one is shortly after Sakura and Naruto start training their Genin teams
Ice Cream

Okay, we’ll treat you to ice cream today. Sakura said
“I heard Mint makes you horny.” Harumi smirked
“I want that one then!” Isao shouted
“You’re always horny.” Harumi mocked
Eiro frowned, didn’t those two think of other things?
“What are you and Sakura sensei having, Naruto sensei?” Manabu asked.
“I’m having Cherry.” Naruto winked.
Sakura blushed and smacked him lightly on the arm.
Harumi, Isao and Manabu snickered. Kitomi sighed happily at the romantic moment. Eiro was annoyed. Chie just looked confused .
“What not ramen flavored?” Sakura snarked.
“Developed a taste for new foods lately.” He teased back.

Hahahaha...Funny and sweet....I wanna read the next chapter 121721.gif

#40 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Tobi_Uchiha @ Mar 11 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahaha...Funny and sweet....I wanna read the next chapter 121721.gif

Thanks smile.gif I'll be working on the first draft of it today. For right now here's the last of the prompts. This one takes place in the "home" time period of Rain or Shine, when Saori is three.

Jab

Naruto jabbed a kunai into a paper- the counsel’s latest complaints. Petty things to drive you into a temper. Stabbing it seemed better than Tsunade’s solution. The much patched walls attested to her choice. He felt a tug on his sleeve. Saori looked up at him sad faced.
“Daddy mad at me?”
“No Saori chan, this.”
“Mommy said, tell you it’s garbage.”
Naruto laughed. “It is garbage.”
He balled it up and tossed it away. “Break time!”
Lifting her up to his shoulders, he climbed out the window. Then he bounded across rooftops, Saori holding on tight, squealing with delight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users