#21 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Aug 28 2009, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What instills this kind of ridiculous loyalty?

You still gotta ask?

It's the catnip Sharingan. It's so uber hax, it creates friends.

#22 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 28 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You still gotta ask?

I bet it also heats up Hotpocketz.

#23 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 28 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You still gotta ask?

I think the Sharingan hax is so uber it made me momentarily forget how retarded it is.

That would be mighty handy if there were no microwaves around.
bd5.jpg

#24 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Aug 28 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will take one please.:zaru

#25 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Aug 28 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Helps that he no longer oozes "homicidal maniac" at the same time. Guess getting a good nights sleep (after more than a decade awake) will improve the temper. smile.gif

This! ^ laugh.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#26 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Aug 28 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uniting the world only means being the head of the dictatorship. rolleyes.gif

Yep, in Danzo's world. The Earth Kage schooled Danzo good there. Danzo is evil, but evil like real world evil people are. The Earth Kage is the corrupted leader, the Raikage is basically the uber Hawkish leader who believes one can only lead by being the biggest tough guy, violence is his only answer to any problem. The Mizukage knows the old ways are wrong: Danzo's, the Earth Kage and the Raikage, but she seems to have an uncertainy that anyone outside her own country will listen to what she knows in her heart. Gaara knows from having a father as ruthless as Danzo how evil and worthless his mindset is. Only the way Naruto is in the process of discovering will keep things from going all to pieces. Naruto has discovered a big part of how real lasting peace can be achieved in the real world.

Edited by ciardha, 28 August 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#27 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 28 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, in Danzo's world. The Earth Kage schooled Danzo good there. Danzo is evil, but evil like real world evil people are. The Earth Kage is the corrupted leader, the Raikage is basically the uber Hawkish leader who believes one can only lead by being the biggest tough guy, violence is his only answer to any problem. The Mizukage knows the old ways are wrong: Danzo's, the Earth Kage and the Raikage, but she seems to have an uncertainy that anyone outside her own country will listen to what she knows in her heart. Gaara knows from having a father as ruthless as Danzo how evil and worthless his mindset is. Only the way Naruto is in the process of discovering will keep things from going all to pieces. Naruto has discovered a big part of how real lasting peace can be achieved in the real world.

QFTMFT

Damn good post. I like the breakdown and how this all correlates with Naruto.

#28 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

Awesome chapter.

Sasuke's an ass! Team taka's sacrificing a lot for him and all he has to say is 'don't interfere' they saved hiss ass, suigetsu swords busted, juugo lost control and just arrggghhh sasuke being an insufferable, arrongant teme. And i sincerely hope hd gets his pompous sharigan ass kicked by raikage!

Btw raikage's team seems perfectly balanced and smart. C for genjutsu and chakra detection, darui for ninjutsu (that suiton->raiton combo was clever) and raikage for taijutsu aka breaking furniture and walls. xD

And danzou's character gets some development: his ideals for the shinobi world aren't all that bad, he just screws it up with his unethical methods to reach his goals. And tsuchikage irritates the hell outta me. How that old rusty coot got the title i dunno but he demands so much respect while he's treating gaara like an incompetent kid 'who knows nothing of ruling a village' well you damn gimli he was chosen to be kazekage and he's doing a pretty good job at it so i guess he IS fit for the role. Gaaah i hope that gimli hurts his hip again fast. And yes i did a little dance when gaara told him off. xD

I can't wait for the next chapter, but i can't help but think a member of team taka will be badly hurt or worse but maybe that'll give sasuke a well deserved smack in the face or we'll finally know he's unredeemable.

Edited by Nadishani, 28 August 2009 - 11:30 PM.

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

This could indeed be the downfall of Taka in the next chapter or so. It will be a symbol of how much Sasuke has fallen into the darkness and doesn't care about anyone but himself (not even acknowledge those who consider him as a friend), even when his arse is being save. :zaru

I'm really anxious at not just how the fight will end but mainly the conversation between Madara and Naruto. (I really was hoping that Naruto was going to make a bust in the Summit room. sweatdrop.gif)

My prediction: Madara will continue to distract Naruto until something else happens causing Naruto to go toward the summit, forcing Madara to take a little action.

Please Hurry Sakura-Chan!!! narusaku.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 28 August 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#30 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Sasuke, new sharingan and all barely beat Killer Bee so the Raikage who is probably 10x stronger will kick Sasuke's ass.

uc.png

#31 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

I agree ed cross figners and hopes to see Raikage beats Sasuke ass biggrin.gif

#32 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hawk are indeed at disadvantage!

Karin lacks combat skills
Juugo gone nuts to kill C but C may have strong genjustu to fight him off
Suigetsu can't do kitten as long Darui is around with Raiton justus
Sasuke is struggling against the Raikage and even if he uses his sharigan Darui or C can combat

Hawk will have to retreat if they to live, but Sasuke may be too dark to even care about his teammates who see him as friend, savior, & leader.

Sorry Uzumakikage, don't expect any NS until November or December.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#33 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Nadishani @ Aug 28 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome chapter.

Sasuke's an ass! Team taka's sacrificing a lot for him and all he has to say is 'don't interfere' they saved hiss ass, suigetsu swords busted, juugo lost control and just arrggghhh sasuke being an insufferable, arrongant teme. And i sincerely hope hd gets his pompous sharigan ass kicked by raikage!

Btw raikage's team seems perfectly balanced and smart. C for genjutsu and chakra detection, darui for ninjutsu (that suiton->raiton combo was clever) and raikage for taijutsu aka breaking furniture and walls. xD

And danzou's character gets some development: his ideals for the shinobi world aren't all that bad, he just screws it up with his unethical methods to reach his goals. And tsuchikage irritates the hell outta me. How that old rusty coot got the title i dunno but he demands so much respect while he's treating gaara like an incompetent kid 'who knows nothing of ruling a village' well you damn gimli he was chosen to be kazekage and he's doing a pretty good job at it so i guess he IS fit for the role. Gaaah i hope that gimli hurts his hip again fast. And yes i did a little dance when gaara told him off. xD

I can't wait for the next chapter, but i can't help but think a member of team taka will be badly hurt or worse but maybe that'll give sasuke a well deserved smack in the face or we'll finally know he's unredeemable.

The only thing Danzo understands is the world needs to be united. Everything else about what he said would result in just what the Tsuchikage and Gaara told Danzo. Basically what they have now is like the G-8 or the League of Nations. They need something more like the United Nations General Assembly- where all nations that wish to participate have a say in decisions, the leader is chosen amongst various candidates and elected for a term by all members of the General Assembly. The president doesn't have ultimate power, it's similar to the president of the US. (The much smaller Security Council is the problematic part of the UN, you get the same issue that you have with the G-8 or in Naruto's world the 5 Kages) Naruto (and Gaara too I note and Tsunade and the Mizukage in their hearts.) is putting those pieces together, the 5 big nations fought each other and at times used smaller nations like Rain as their battlegrounds. Naruto is going to put it together that all nations deserve a say, no one leader or small number of leaders should be able to chose how all people live.

It's the exact opposite of what Danzo (and the Raikage, Pain, Madara, and even the Tsuchikage) believes about leadership. Danzo sees it everyone as serving him, all the power belonging to him, where it's actually the leader that is the one that serves all, answers to all, must be the most giving. Gaara understands that, Tsunade understands that, Naruto understands that, and it looks like the Mizukage does too.

Edited by ciardha, 29 August 2009 - 03:00 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#34 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Danzou spoke of uniting the shinobi world and I can see how that can be good with the right leadership. if you read between the lines it was clear that it's all about danzou becoming a dictator of that united world. but the idea he voiced about a united shinobi world doesn't seem that wrong to me, highly unrealistic yes, but the fighting between nations is what's keeping akatsuki alive.

#35 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Nadishani @ Aug 29 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danzou spoke of uniting the shinobi world and I can see how that can be good with the right leadership. if you read between the lines it was clear that it's all about danzou becoming a dictator of that united world. but the idea he voiced about a united shinobi world doesn't seem that wrong to me, highly unrealistic yes, but the fighting between nations is what's keeping akatsuki alive.

Gaara has basically already figured out the world needs to be united, and he attributes knowing that to what he learned from Naruto.

Danzo's not the only one who has voiced that. But Danzo didn't come to that conclusion the way Gaara and Naruto have. For Danzo it's not about anyone's good but his own, in fact it's to everyone's detriment but his own. It's easy to come to the conclusion the world needs to be under the rule of one dictator ruling with an iron fist, that's what Madara believes, and Pain came to believe, and that ruler be themselves with them answering to no one.

As I said, Gaara and Naruto have come to the conclusion (Naruto is still working his way toward it but it's right there under his words about people not being ruled by hate, he knows it's from the shinobi system) Like what Gaara and the Tsuchikage said to Danzo- Danzo's proposal only makes things worse.

Gaara, Naruto, Tsunade and from what we've seen, the Mizukage too, all know that to lead, means you give of yourself even to the point of dying to save everyone else. Danzo, Madara, Gaara's father live(d) as if anyone else's life was up to sacrifice to save their butts, everyone else is just pawns, only they mattered.

Danzo proposes nothing that would make life any better, actually far worse. The solution isn't Hilter's or Stalin's- not power centered in one ultimate dictator, but type of United Nations General Assembly where all nations have a say on decisions, with an elected (by all) president (who doesn't have ultimate power, working more as a facilitator, and serves a set term, after which there is another election...)

Edited by ciardha, 29 August 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#36 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 29 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danzo's not the only one who has voiced that. But Danzo didn't come to that conclusion the way Gaara and Naruto have. For Danzo it's not about anyone's good but his own, in fact it's to everyone's detriment but his own. It's easy to come to the conclusion the world needs to be under the rule of one dictator ruling with an iron fist, that's what Madara believes, and Pain came to believe, and that ruler be themselves with them answering to no one.

Actually, the ruthless dictator ruling with an iron fist is the kind of person that Pain hated most. It's the reason he killed Hanzou and established himself as head of Hidden Rain (and the citizens saw him as a God so he must have been way better than Hanzou), and he accused Tsunade and the other Kages of only caring about themselves, which did seem to be true for four of the five of them during the time he grew up, in addition to Hanzou.

Of course, like Danzou, he was going for the quick and easy of achieving peace which would have just lead to fear, but he never mentioned anything about ruling the world. In fact it seemed like he planned on dying to achieve his "utopia."

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Though, didn't Pein want to break the cycle of hatred by making everyone feel 'true pain'? His idea is that, by making everyone feel what Nagato calls 'true pain', true peace can achieve via everyone suffering and understanding 'true pain'. A bit redundant I know, but I hope you understand what I was trying to write. sweatdrop.gif

#38 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

Perhaps Naruto will change Danzou?! biggrin.gif

#39 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Aug 29 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps Naruto will change Danzou?! biggrin.gif

That seems very unlikely, Danzou would have Naruto programed saying "I hate Sasuke"! laugh.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 29 August 2009 - 10:38 PM.

#40 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 29 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That seems very unlikely! laugh.gif

So does Naruto changing Sasuke! Yet it's still believed he will, so why not Danzou? biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users