34 replies to this topic

#1 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

We have seen Naruto manga characters both fulfilling their promises/tasks and both not succeeding in doing so. In chapter 328, dying Asuma tells Ino, Choji and Shikamaru to do/achieve some things, and they agree to.

Ino - 1) to take care of Shikamaru and Choji 2) don't lose to Sakura in ninjutsu 3) don't lose to Sakura in love
Choji - 1) to become a stronger ninja than everyone 2) to go on a diet (that Chouji doesn't promise)
Shikamaru - to protect Konoha's 'king'.

Let's see if any of these 'promises' have been fulfilled yet:

There are some panels that definitely shows Ino encouraging her teammates, hence taking care of them and their reluctance:
http://www.mangaread...t/naruto/529/11 , http://www.mangaread...t/naruto/530/13

Choji has also proved to be damn strong, and his father admitted he's now strong enough to be the head of the Akimichi clan: http://www.mangaread...et/naruto/534/3

Shikamaru has vowed to protect Asuma's child ('the King') and before he's born, he takes care of Kurenai:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-342.html , http://www.mangaread...hapter-406.html ...

So some of Asuma's last words are already coming to fruition. The only ones left are Ino not losing to Sakura in ninjutsu or in love. Do you think we will see this happen or Asuma only said them to spirit Ino up?

IMO, Ino will never be as strong as Sakura (in general, not talking about clan jutsus here). Love life? I think 'not losing' would mean both Sakura and Ino being happy with their lovers (and not competing over the same person).

What do you guys think? happy.gif

Edited by mone_, 07 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (mone_ @ Jan 7 2013, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have seen Naruto manga characters both fulfilling their promises/tasks and both not succeeding in doing so. In chapter 328, dying Asuma tells Ino, Choji and Shikamaru to do/achieve some things, and they agree.

Ino - 1) to take care of Shikamaru and Choji 2) don't lose to Sakura in ninjutsu 3) don't lose to Sakura in love
Choji - 1) to become a stronger ninja than everyone 2) to go on a diet (that Chouji doesn't promise)
Shikamaru - to protect Konoha's 'king'.

Let's see if any of these 'promises' have been fulfilled yet:

There are some panels that definitely shows Ino encouraging her teammates, hence taking care of them and their reluctance:
http://www.mangaread...t/naruto/529/11 , http://www.mangaread...t/naruto/530/13

Choji has also proved to be damn strong, and his father admitted he's now strong enough to be the head of the Akimichi clan: http://www.mangaread...et/naruto/534/3

Shikamaru has vowed to protect Asuma's child ('the King') and before he's born, he takes care of Kurenai:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-342.html , http://www.mangaread...hapter-406.html ...

So some of Asuma's last words are already coming to fruition. The only ones left are Ino not losing to Sakura in ninjutsu or in love. Do you think we will see this happen or Asuma only said them to spirit Ino up?

IMO, Ino will never be as strong as Sakura (in general, not talking about clan jutsus here). Love life? I think 'not losing' would mean both Sakura and Ino being happy with their lovers (and not competing over the same person).

What do you guys think? happy.gif

She's more strong than Sakura mentally and with jutsus, she didnt waver when her father died, when they showed the army wavering she wasnt there, while Sakura was wavering, Ino does not see herself as weak or useless and has fully knowledge about what she can do.
Dont lose in love is more about Sasuke, i mean SasuIno is the only one pairing that Sasuke can have that is not abusive.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 04:12 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's more strong than Sakura mentally and with jutsus, she didnt waver when her father died, when they showed the army wavering she wasnt there, while Sakura was wavering, Ino does not see herself as weak or useless and has fully knowledge about what she can do.
Dont lose in love is more about Sasuke, i mean SasuIno is the only one pairing that Sasuke can have that is not abusive.

I agree Ino's got a strong personality - that's why I like her a lot - but it's a given that Sakura will be a stronger kunoichi in the end. She's the heroine and the new Tsunade, after all. happy.gif

About SasuIno... yeah it's not abusive... because they, like, haven't really interacted? sweatdrop.gif I'm afraid Sasuke would hurt her too if he had to. It would feel like a fanfic if SxI happened!!

#4 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

For Ino, I don't think she'll overpower Sakura in ninjutsu and as for love, well, neither Sakura and Ino will get to have Sasuke and make him fall in love with them. Plus, Ino's interaction with Sasuke are rare since part 1 too.

For Shikamaru, I can see him as the head of a strategic team in the future and at the same time working with the hokage, by what Asuma meant for 'king'.

For Choji, I don't think the stronger but one of the strongest ninjas, though for the diet part, there's no much promise in that sweat.gif

Edited by T XD, 07 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#5 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (mone_ @ Jan 7 2013, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree Ino's got a strong personality - that's why I like her a lot - but it's a given that Sakura will be a stronger kunoichi in the end. She's the heroine and the new Tsunade, after all. happy.gif

About SasuIno... yeah it's not abusive... because they, like, haven't really interacted? sweatdrop.gif I'm afraid Sasuke would hurt her too if he had to. It would feel like a fanfic if SxI happened!!

Since when Tsunade is strong?
Srsly she's not.

All kunoichis are so underpowered on this world, i dont even need to say about kushina she said she was strong and she got kidnapped srsly?

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 09:22 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Jan 7 2013, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For Shikamaru, I can see him as the head of a strategic team in the future and at the same time working with the hokage, by what Asuma meant for 'king'.

By 'King' Asuma meant the next shinobi generation that needs protecting the most, but your take on the matter is also interesting. smile.gif

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since when Tsunade is strong?
Srsly she's not.

Trolling, are you? laugh.gif

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (mone_ @ Jan 7 2013, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trolling, are you? laugh.gif

Nope, i'm not trolling, kunoichis are underpowered.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, i'm not trolling, kunoichis are underpowered.

There might be this tendency in the manga, but Tsunade is a Hokage, meaning she's (one of the) strongest in the whole village. And her punch... Not many men could hit that hard. Well, maybe Akimichis could laugh.gif

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (mone_ @ Jan 7 2013, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There might be this tendency in the manga, but Tsunade is a Hokage, meaning she's (one of the) strongest in the whole village. And her punch... Not many men could hit that hard. Well, maybe Akimichis could laugh.gif

What i'm saying is Kishimot says "[insert female character here] is strong" but this is only a description if you see tsunade she does not get even close to Jiraiya.
Yeah Tsunade is a hokage but she could not even hit pain, even Kakashi said to Sakura you can hit hard but you do not have speed, he dodged all her attacks.
Im' saying is when the things gets real they actually do nothing, Sakura is the only female who really did something on Naruto.
About mito-sama there's only a note saying "she sealed the kyuubi into herself" but i bet she was just another underpowered woman.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What i'm saying is Kishimot says "[insert female character here] is strong" but this is only a description if you see tsunade she does not get even close to Jiraiya.
Yeah Tsunade is a hokage but she could not even hit pain, even Kakashi said to Sakura you can hit hard but you do not have speed, he dodged all her attacks.
Im' saying is when the things gets real they actually do nothing, Sakura is the only female who really did something on Naruto.
About mito-sama there's only a note saying "she sealed the kyuubi into herself" but i bet she was just another underpowered woman.

Jiraiya being stronger than Tsunade does not mean she's not strong.

Actually, she was amazing against Madara... maybe the most amazing out of all Kages... until he owned them all. sweatdrop.gif

This has gone kinda off-topic, hehe.

#11 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (mone_ @ Jan 7 2013, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jiraiya being stronger than Tsunade does not mean she's not strong.

Actually, she was amazing against Madara... maybe the most amazing out of all Kages... until he owned them all. sweatdrop.gif

This has gone kinda off-topic, hehe.

Yep but she got owned by Madara anyway and i dont think she was amazing, for some reason i think Naruto could beat the five kages alone.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#12 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (mone_ @ Jan 8 2013, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By 'King' Asuma meant the next shinobi generation that needs protecting the most, but your take on the matter is also interesting. smile.gif

Oh really ? I didn't know that. Did they mention what the 'king' meant ? cause it could be that meaning, now that I think about it.

#13 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep but she got owned by Madara anyway and i dont think she was amazing, for some reason i think Naruto could beat the five kages alone.

Aren't you being to harsh with those fictional character in overall? I'm pretty sure that Sakura is stronger than many shinobis in Konoha, and the 5 nations, so it be nice if you cut down your tone on her character.

Edited by Don-kun, 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#14 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Kishi has highlighted the usefulness of Ino's jutsu a number of times during the war. Even being able to take over two Zetsu at once and Obito for a second. And Shikaku's plan looks to include some type of powered up Ino-Shika-Cho combo. So Asuma's words also might have come true on that part.

As for her love life...

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has nothing to do with Sasuke. Asuma certainly wouldn't want Ino with a traitor to Konoha and someone she might of talked to once during the entire manga. He basically meant find someone who would love her rather than chase a fantasy that is really more of a nightmare. Ino hasn't found that person for her because she has looked in all the wrong places. She liked two guys who wanted nothing to do with her. Kishi is probably hinting she should look to the two people who care about her the most. Shika and Choji. Shika is probably the closest guy Ino has to a perfect match in the manga. They look great together and have a dynamic. Never mind both losing their fathers. And he might of even had a crush on her given some of the early dialogue between them. But would Kishi ignore what he has built up with Shika and Temari to go a different direction? I don't know.

As for Choji, he has fulfilled Asuma's words about him. Except for the dieting part which will never happen since he'll be a clone of his dad Choza.

Shika also has lived up to Asuma's words. Except for when Asuma said he could be Hokage if he wanted it. We have yet to see that type of power from Shikamaru yet.

#15 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Jan 8 2013, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh really ? I didn't know that. Did they mention what the 'king' meant ? cause it could be that meaning, now that I think about it.

Yes, it was revealed in 342: http://www.mangaread...hapter-342.html

QUOTE (Deej @ Jan 8 2013, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has nothing to do with Sasuke. Asuma certainly wouldn't want Ino with a traitor to Konoha and someone she might of talked to once during the entire manga. He basically meant find someone who would love her rather than chase a fantasy that is really more of a nightmare. Ino hasn't found that person for her because she has looked in all the wrong places. She liked two guys who wanted nothing to do with her. Kishi is probably hinting she should look to the two people who care about her the most. Shika and Choji. Shika is probably the closest guy Ino has to a perfect match in the manga. They look great together and have a dynamic. Never mind both losing their fathers. And he might of even had a crush on her given some of the early dialogue between them. But would Kishi ignore what he has built up with Shika and Temari to go a different direction? I don't know.

I hope the bolded is true. wink.gif In fact, it's likely to be true since quite a big part of Ino's character has been about romance. This problem should be resolved in the end.

#16 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

@Deej

No love for ChoIno? Maybe that's where Ino was supposed to look.

It would certainly have the irony that despite Ino putting so much importance on her figure when she was younger that she ends up with the guy who would care the least about that.

Besides, I got the feeling that Ino started warming up to Chouji the moment he achieved his butterfly mode.

#17 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Deej @ Jan 7 2013, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi has highlighted the usefulness of Ino's jutsu a number of times during the war. Even being able to take over two Zetsu at once and Obito for a second. And Shikaku's plan looks to include some type of powered up Ino-Shika-Cho combo. So Asuma's words also might have come true on that part.

As for her love life...

As for Choji, he has fulfilled Asuma's words about him. Except for the dieting part which will never happen since he'll be a clone of his dad Choza.

Shika also has lived up to Asuma's words. Except for when Asuma said he could be Hokage if he wanted it. We have yet to see that type of power from Shikamaru yet.

Notice that when he said that Sasuke wasnt viewed as a traitor.
He didnt joined akatsuki.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 08 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Jan 9 2013, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Deej

No love for ChoIno? Maybe that's where Ino was supposed to look.

It would certainly have the irony that despite Ino putting so much importance on her figure when she was younger that she ends up with the guy who would care the least about that.

Besides, I got the feeling that Ino started warming up to Chouji the moment he achieved his butterfly mode.

Also, about Ino not losing to Sakura in ninjutsu, I think it won't be about her outpowering Sakura, rather about how well she can use her ninjutsu for the benefits of others. My guess is, it's more of her unleashing her full ninjutsu potential. Something that Sakura can't do. It's likely that what will happen is that she'll be a control tower like her dad to the rest of the alliance, only much better. This way, she'll have reached the pinnacle of a Yamanaka.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I don't know about Ino overpowering Sakura in strength and what kind of strength are we talking about? Physical, mental, personality wise? Ino just doesn't have enough manga coverage for either one. As for love? She can have Sasuke if she wants. She may win the "battle," but Sakura wins the "war." By War I don't mean Sasuke.

As for is kishi going to do it? I don't know. I see no real purpose to do it, but he has done things that had no purpose in the manga.

How funny would it be if Ino decided to go after Naruto?

Although I am kinda partial to SaiIno

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 January 2013 - 10:25 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 8 2013, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How funny would it be if Ino decided to go after Naruto?

I actuallly sort of want that to happen xD, just for the irony and comic relief of it all. But man, if Ino really did try and go after Naruto, Sakura would KILL her. laugh.gif

My headcanon sees Ino and Sakura arguing ridiculously sometimes, only for Naruto to watch with a confused expression. The entire time ... he has no idea why they're fighting. 111189.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users