22 replies to this topic

#1 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Okay, so I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I can't seem to come to any satisfying conclusion. What will happen to Konohamaru? We all know he is a minor character - more so than many others. But he is like a little brother to Naruto. That with the fact that Kishimoto hasn't abandoned him and has seriously rubbed into our faces that he wants to be more or less all that Naruto wants to be. However, that only leads me to think - "What is his future?". Since all we know is that he wants to stand up for himself and not always be in the shadow of his heritage and that he aspires to become Hokage to do that, what of him?

Naruto has the very same goal as well, to an extent. That leads me to believe that he cannot reach that goal he has set for himself. Since the 2-3 year gap between them isn't nearly enough to assign them different generations, what becomes of him? The red hat is out of the question, and that's it. I can think of no way that his character can get what he wants. So he'll again end up being rubbed under another person above him. No way to get out of it.

The only solution I can think of is that he can accomplish that by being respectable anyway. How? I absolutely don't know. Ideas?

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#2 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

Heh, Konohamaru respectable? Nah, he'll be the pervert beyond compare, that's how he'll surpass Naruto, Kakashi, and even Jiraiya. Unlike any of those Konohamaru has figured out girls have pervy natures too wink.gif (and did so by age 12) And he has no discomfort about male homosexuallity like Naruto does. Watch, he'll end up being famous (or infamous wink.gif for writing pervy stories for both men and women. wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#3 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hmm... I think Konohamaru will end up in a small squad under Naruto's command later in the war. I'd like to see Naruto leading teams on missions before he becomes Hokage and this might be the way to do it. I can also see Hanabi as ateammate for Konohamaru in Naruto's squad.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#4 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

Maybe he'll be a commander of the ANBU or some other elite shinobi organisation. A general/commander of sorts. He definitely has the potential to hold very important appointments.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#5 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

I'd say he'd hold a function/status similar to Jiraiya, he did mostly what he wanted (occasionally he got his orders) and the only one he answered to was Tsunade.

Still Sasuke could get that part if he got somehow redeemed too. But that's for another thread.

Edited by Torxe, 28 May 2011 - 01:18 PM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#6 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

I say he'll be Konohomaru.

#7 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ May 28 2011, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm... I think Konohamaru will end up in a small squad under Naruto's command later in the war. I'd like to see Naruto leading teams on missions before he becomes Hokage and this might be the way to do it. I can also see Hanabi as ateammate for Konohamaru in Naruto's squad.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 28 2011, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe he'll be a commander of the ANBU or some other elite shinobi organisation. A general/commander of sorts. He definitely has the potential to hold very important appointments.

I doubt that. He isn't nearly mature enough to do that. And I doubt he will anytime soon. Besides, he is a kid. And he's worse than Naruto, in more ways than one.

QUOTE (Torxe @ May 28 2011, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say he'd hold a function/status similar to Jiraiya, he did mostly what he wanted (occasionally he got his orders) and the only one he answered to was Tsunade.

Still Sasuke could get that part if he got somehow redeemed too. But that's for another thread.

Again. I doubt that. That's just not his personality. That could only happen if he was much older. I have my doubts about Kishimoto showing that.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#8 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ May 28 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt that. He isn't nearly mature enough to do that. And I doubt he will anytime soon. Besides, he is a kid. And he's worse than Naruto, in more ways than one.

Again. I doubt that. That's just not his personality. That could only happen if he was much older. I have my doubts about Kishimoto showing that.

Ofcourse it is when he's older isn't that the question what would become of him when Naruto becomes Hokage?
You're question was what is his future, now we give you some theories and you shoot them down because you don't see that happening 'till his much older.
I can't follow, srr

#9 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

I always just figured he'd become Hokage after Naruto but I don't really know or care for that matter. mellow.gif

#10 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ May 28 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ofcourse it is when he's older isn't that the question what would become of him when Naruto becomes Hokage?
You're question was what is his future, now we give you some theories and you shoot them down because you don't see that happening 'till his much older.
I can't follow, srr

I guess. laugh.gif The problem is that to do what Jiraya did, I would say he'd be over twenty or about thirty. And I just can't see that.

But I guess yeah. He'd probably become a big asset or something like that. Not an ANBU because if we can't see Naruto as an ANBU then neither can we him. But he'd still be a great ninja, hopefully. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 28 2011, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always just figured he'd become Hokage after Naruto but I don't really know or care for that matter. mellow.gif

I didn't think anyone would care much, but wouldn't it be nice to see some ending for his character? And like I mentioned in the first post, he can't really become Hokage. I mean when would he? He's just 2-3 years younger than Naruto. Naruto would have to die for that. I'd rather not have that.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 28 May 2011 - 08:24 PM.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#11 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

I was not really talking about him becoming the same like Jiraiya just doing the same job.

Even as a kid he sneaked around (ignoring the fact that he failed miserably), I didn't want to sound like he was becoming Jiraiya the 2nd. He would just do dangerous infiltration missions on his own accord or very rarely under Naruto's order.

And if Naruto can be mature enough to be Hokage so can Konohamaru.

EDIT: or perhaps the first thing Naruto does as Hokage (well perhaps not the very first but definitely early on in his time as Hokage) is appointing Konohamaru as his successor.

Edited by Torxe, 28 May 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#12 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ May 28 2011, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was not really talking about him becoming the same like Jiraiya just doing the same job.

Even as a kid he sneaked around (ignoring the fact that he failed miserably), I didn't want to sound like he was becoming Jiraiya the 2nd. He would just do dangerous infiltration missions on his own accord or very rarely under Naruto's order.

And if Naruto can be mature enough to be Hokage so can Konohamaru.

EDIT: or perhaps the first thing Naruto does as Hokage (well perhaps not the very first but definitely early on in his time as Hokage) is appointing Konohamaru as his successor.

I agree. He COULD become a spy and whatnot. But I never said he wasn't mature enough to be Hokage. He isn't the ANBU type of guy. That's what I said.

On the Hokage thing, that's the problem. That can't happen. The only way that would happen is for Naruto to die in battle. Otherwise, he won't live much after Naruto naturally since he's just a couple of years younger, so being Hokage after Naruto is out of the question. Even is Naruto appointed him, there would be no point since he'll be dead soon after anyway. I'd rather have him get fame in his early days rather than getting the hat when he's like seventy years old after Naruto dies.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ May 28 2011, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. He COULD become a spy and whatnot. But I never said he wasn't mature enough to be Hokage. He isn't the ANBU type of guy. That's what I said.

On the Hokage thing, that's the problem. That can't happen. The only way that would happen is for Naruto to die in battle. Otherwise, he won't live much after Naruto naturally since he's just a couple of years younger, so being Hokage after Naruto is out of the question. Even is Naruto appointed him, there would be no point since he'll be dead soon after anyway. I'd rather have him get fame in his early days rather than getting the hat when he's like seventy years old after Naruto dies.

Not necessary. he can be the seventh all he wants. It will be Naruto's decision on who will be the next Hokage by the time of either retirement or death whatever it is Konohamaru, Naruto's offspring or one of his future students. (I don't think being Hokage on deathbed will be an option for Naruto. You can't be unsure what will happen if Naruto continuinng ruling for at least 20+ years or shorter. And I don't think he will hold the position for long. We know Naruto's character and personality is).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

Vice-Hokage?? Nah scratch that.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#15 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hokage, at least one day. For all we know Naruto could become Hokage but get killed, it's all speculation

#16 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 29 2011, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not necessary. he can be the seventh all he wants. It will be Naruto's decision on who will be the next Hokage by the time of either retirement or death whatever it is Konohamaru, Naruto's offspring or one of his future students. (I don't think being Hokage on deathbed will be an option for Naruto. You can't be unsure what will happen if Naruto continuinng ruling for at least 20+ years or shorter. And I don't think he will hold the position for long. We know Naruto's character and personality is).

This brings the question to mind what will Naruto do after he became hokage and the position went to someone else. retire?

#17 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

He being stand-in Hokage is not really unlikely. Naruto is not the type to stay in the village to do paperwork and just command troops. He is a practical kind of guy. Hmmm but Konohamaru is also the type to not stay at one place for a few seconds. I can see why the Tax-man is wondering about this.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 29 May 2011 - 09:02 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#18 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

I guess I never really thought about it. Konohamaru said he wanted to be the Seventh Hokage, after Naruto, but there is only like three years between the two at most.
But then again, the First and Second Hokage couldn't have been too far apart either age-wise, although I'm not sure if First died before the Second took over. I'm guessing we either won't see what happens to Kohohamaru, or Naruto will retire early after realizing that the position is 90% paperwork in the peaceful ninja world he helped to bring about.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#19 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ May 29 2011, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This brings the question to mind what will Naruto do after he became hokage and the position went to someone else. retire?

This alliance thing could become permanent, and if so the leader would probably have to stop being the Kage of their particular country because if it's permanent you'd have to focus on all the countries all the time, not focus just on yours, work to make the most benefit for your country, etc... Naruto could be elected as head of the alliance, then Naruto could nominate Konohamaru as Hokage and let Konoha's big ninja council of all the Jonins vote on it.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#20 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 29 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I never really thought about it. Konohamaru said he wanted to be the Seventh Hokage, after Naruto, but there is only like three years between the two at most.
But then again, the First and Second Hokage couldn't have been too far apart either age-wise, although I'm not sure if First died before the Second took over. I'm guessing we either won't see what happens to Kohohamaru, or Naruto will retire early after realizing that the position is 90% paperwork in the peaceful ninja world he helped to bring about.

The First died.

On the second note, Konohamaru isn't that kind as well. He is as close to Naruto's personality as you can get. That's why I can't find an adequate solution. Though ciardha's idea words perfectly.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 29 May 2011 - 09:02 PM.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users