#41 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

As much as I hate flashbacks, I have to agree with everyone that this flashback was well put together and hopefully puts the lid on the Uchiha Bros. and their saga. Now it's time to get back to Naruto and see how he's doing against Tobi although we all know he wasn't exactly doing all that well from the one panel we were shown.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#42 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Living Lavish, and sushi the reason why I agree with James S Cassidy and Codus N, is because the name of this Manga isn't Sasuke is Naruto.

I give two big reason why I think Sasuke should die.
1- Is life was choosing over the life of all babies on little kids, old people and womens, when Hiruzen was the Hokage and we clealy see that they went behind his back.

2- Sasuke kill all those Samurais in the summit and one of Kumo ninja, he betray his friends and almost kill them.
So if others could be killed for these same things why he most get a free pass, I repeat this is not a story about Sasuke, he is a big complement in the story, but the story is about Naruto's life.

They are only two reason why I think he should live.
1 Sakura choosing Naruto over a good Sasuke.
2 And more important, why Have the hero waste the entire Manga trying to save his friend if by the end he still dies.

But if we resume all the events already happen with other characters and we forget about Naruto's wish for a while, why else Sasuke should live?

The best ending IMHO for Sasuke will be one like in Titanic movie where the 85 years old lady kill herself and was reverted back to her teenage with the love of her life. Sasuke dying and reverting to an 9 years old Sasuke with Itachi and all his family, will be far better than he living around people he swears on his family name that he would kill.

Edited by donjoseph19, 20 June 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#43 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

One of the more necessary flashbacks, decent chapter. Another key step towards Sasuke's inevitable redemption, and I think he will come close to dying but ultimately will be saved by Naruto.
\

#44 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ Jun 20 2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Living Lavish, and sushi the reason why I agree with James S Cassidy and Codus N, is because the name of this Manga isn't Sasuke is Naruto.

I give two big reason why I think Sasuke should die.
1- Is life was choosing over the life of all babies on little kids, old people and womens, when Hiruzen was the Hokage and we clealy see that they went behind his back.

2- Sasuke kill all those Samurais in the summit and one of Kumo ninja, he betray his friends and almost kill them.
So if others could be killed for these same things why he most get a free pass, I repeat this is not a story about Sasuke, he is a big complement in the story, but the story is about Naruto's life.

They are only two reason why I think he should live.
1 Sakura choosing Naruto over a good Sasuke.
2 And more important, why Have the hero waste the entire Manga trying to save his friend if by the end he still dies.

But if we resume all the events already happen with other characters and we forget about Naruto's wish for a while, why else Sasuke should live?

The best ending IMHO for Sasuke will be one like in Titanic movie where the 85 years old lady kill herself and was reverted back to her teenage with the love of her life. Sasuke dying and reverting to an 9 years old Sasuke with Itachi and all his family, will be far better than he living around people he swears on his family name that he would kill.

Rose did not kill herself, she died of old age. smack.gif

The bold, why Sasuke should live. And Naruto must accomplish his goal, at least before he dies. After all that, I'll be fine with a dead Sasuke-kun.

ナルサク

#45 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

It was an alright chapter. Yes I want to see Naruto but I wanted the whole Uchiha soap opera to finally have an end to it, and it did. I felt for Itachi and it was sad, I'm just glad that he showed Sasuke everything. Now its all over no more issues with his brother, it can all be put to rest!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Wow, can't believe that Kishi can still write a good emotional chapter. I've been bored ever since this War arc started (even though there were a few good chapters) but this one's pretty, well-written. A diamond in the rough, one would say. It was an Uchiha chapter to boot!

Probably because, for all his faults, Itachi finally, FINALLY took responsibility, apologized, and died (again) with dignity.

#47 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Jun 20 2012, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rose did not kill herself, she died of old age. smack.gif

The bold, why Sasuke should live. And Naruto must accomplish his goal, at least before he dies. After all that, I'll be fine with a dead Sasuke-kun.

Off topic.

@sushi

In the Titanic movie I saw she was looking on a shine pendant and then threw herself in the water, the US even made a funny commercial were the old lady threw herself just like in the movie, but this time she return with the pendant in hand and exchenged for money.

Anyway if you are ok with his death am ok too.

#48 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Well All I'm gonna say Itachi you can finally Rest in Peace.

#49 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Jun 20 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well All I'm gonna say Itachi you can finally Rest in Peace.

All the 'cool' Uchiha are dead.... laugh.gif

#50 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

My gut feeling is that Sasuke will be redeemed and live. But he won't stay in Konoha- he'll basically be where Kenshin was at the start of Rurouni Kenshin- a wanderer. He'll wander in part to try to discover who he really is, not what he had been easily manipulated into becoming. I think the plot supports that his ultimate fate will be that he will become a wandering hero like Kenshin- as a way of redeeming his clan's name and discovering who he really is- free of what he was taught to believe. He'll have to lose not just his obsession with revenge, but his arrogance about the Uchiha clan as well. Itachi' s backstory, including this chapter's flashback, builds on the strength of that possibility.

I liked this chapter, it fleshes out what even in part 1 Kishimoto left hints about Itachi, that he wasn't anywhere near the irredeemable a villain as he appeared. (I've always liked Itachi much more than Sasuke maybe because of that.)

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#51 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well, I liked this chapter. smile.gif We finally have closure on the Uchiha Massacre, and we know that it was Itachi alone who did it. No helping hand or twist of the truth from Tobi. Itachi had to choose between two hells, and Danzou's language seemed to suggest that he already had Leaf shinobi primed and ready to attack the Uchihas if Itachi did not carry out his mission.

Now, hopefully, we shall see Naruto and Tobi! The ending of the Edo Tensei definitely means that there's only one fight in town now, and the rest of the cast is heading towards their ringside seats. eager.gif

#52 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 20 2012, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to see you back, James!! did you get a new computer??

Sort of. I am borrowing a computer for the time being.

The problem is Living Lavish is that Sasuke will be seen as a Hero no matter what to some people and as I have said many times in other post, people won't accept it if Sasuke doesn't get redeemed. I figure, why not have your cake and eat it too. I figure it is the best outcome that best suits all situations. Sasuke doesn't get a free get out of a jail free card yet he gets redeemed as well and suits what Naruto wants.

Naruto said he would bring Sasuke back, didn't say he would bring him back alive. Loophole XD

The only way I can see Sasuke not be a hero is for Sasuke to die without redemption, but no one wants that.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#53 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jun 20 2012, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way I can see Sasuke not be a hero is for Sasuke to die without redemption, but no one wants that.

< _ <
> _ >

....but I do! I am the only one in this boat?

Edited by alexander, 20 June 2012 - 08:45 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#54 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 20 2012, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My gut feeling is that Sasuke will be redeemed and live. But he won't stay in Konoha- he'll basically be where Kenshin was at the start of Rurouni Kenshin- a wanderer. He'll wander in part to try to discover who he really is, not what he had been easily manipulated into becoming. I think the plot supports that his ultimate fate will be that he will become a wandering hero like Kenshin- as a way of redeeming his clan's name and discovering who he really is- free of what he was taught to believe. He'll have to lose not just his obsession with revenge, but his arrogance about the Uchiha clan as well. Itachi' s backstory, including this chapter's flashback, builds on the strength of that possibility.

I liked this chapter, it fleshes out what even in part 1 Kishimoto left hints about Itachi, that he wasn't anywhere near the irredeemable a villain as he appeared. (I've always liked Itachi much more than Sasuke maybe because of that.)

Or he will become like Piccolo was in the DBZ manga, and become the teacher of Naruto's kid.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#55 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Decent chapter. I was a bit disapointed that we didnt get back to the fight though. It. could've been faster.

#56 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 20 2012, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
< _ <
> _ >

....but I do! I am the only one in this boat?

Nop me too.

#57 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

For some reason, I see a possible redeemed Sasuke wandering the land, blinded, with a cloth wrapped around his eyes but still retains formidable sword skills. Kinda like Zatoichi. Headcanon!

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ Jun 20 2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

He had several other options.

C) Work with Hiruzen to Talk no Jutsu the Uchiha.

D) Kill the Uchiha of fighting age, and banish the survivors from the village.

E) Beat the Uchiha of fighting age, and send the survivors to reeducation centers to learn to love the Will of Fire.

F) Work with the Uchiha to overthrow the Konoha Elders. Who knows it might have been a superior form of government and made more people happy.

G) Talk No Jutsu the Konoha citizenry, explain what both sides are arguing over, and lead them in a non violent protest against both sides and replace the Shinobi Elders with a citizen government.

There are a million other options, this is a false premise that there was NO OTHER CHOICE but to mass murder women and children. Sorry.

Uchihas were wrong fron the start, Sasuke kill many prople in the Uchihas name. So story wire if other made a mistake, again what make Sasuke special?

Forget the Sakura choosing Naruto over a good Sasuke for a while, lets stalk about the manga context in general.
What make Sasuke so special?

The fact that Sasuke's life was more precious than every single Uchiha is ludacris and now he goiong around killing innocent people but he most still get a free pass.
Naruto can still redeeme Sasuke at the end Sasuke but then he chose to die because he accepts that he hurt and kill so many people.

Let's possible outcome of some of your idea's:

C) Work with Hiruzen to Talk no Jutsu the Uchiha. It was not working, Hiruzen asked for more time, if Itachi didn't do anything soon, his brother would be included in the victim list, Danzou played Itachi, he knew how much Itachi loved his brother and how much he wanted to avoid war and took advantage of it, Itachi was only 14 years old, a prodegy he might be but he was still a child who grew up seeing so much death. This was the best option but the Uchiha didn't want to budge on the matter...Ultimately the best option was to let Shishu complete his Genjutsu and see if it worked but Danzu screwed that up....makes you wonder if Danzou wanted the Uchiha dead from the very beginning....damn you Kishi, the biggest Antagonist in this Manga was Danzou yet you had the Uchiha defeat him in a antilimatic finish.

D) Kill the Uchiha of fighting age, and banish the survivors from the village. You forget that it was most likely Tobi that killed all the children, and to banish survivors which would be the elderly and children, would manifest as hatred towards the village, and someone like Orichimaru would exploit this hatred and Konoha would have been destroyed with an army of Uchiha helping him during his invasion.

E) Beat the Uchiha of fighting age, and send the survivors to reeducation centers to learn to love the Will of Fire. Seriously? your idea is to brainwash them as flower people who love Konoha? you forget Uchiha pride is not something they're taught it's part of their DNA, so it would likely be a short term solution if even that.

F) Work with the Uchiha to overthrow the Konoha Elders. Who knows it might have been a superior form of government and made more people happy. Really can you imagine what Naruto's life would be like with the Uchiha in charge? They'd use the Sharingan to keep him under their control and become a puppet weapon for them, or they would kill Naruto and seal Karuma in a Sharingan unlocked host, Uchiha pride would not allow such a powerful beast to be under the control of a clan member who was allied with the Senju.

G) Talk No Jutsu the Konoha citizenry, explain what both sides are arguing over, and lead them in a non violent protest against both sides and replace the Shinobi Elders with a citizen government. Because that worked so well with Naruto, The Hokage tried to talk no Jutsu the citizens to see Naruto as a hero, and we all know what happened there, Talk no Jutsu is only effective if the argument is proven to be correct, If Itachi tried this they'd only hear the 'planned coup part, and cause major panic and start protests to get rid of the Uchiha.

There were other options, if Hiruzen was given time he might have come across a plan to settle thing peacefully. But Danzou like always made a stupid choice and manipulated the situation that ultimately created another enemy for the village he always claimed to protect. Itachi loved his brother, Kishi showed the scene with Itachi promising to protect Sasuke during the Kyuubi attack for that exact reason, it showed a bond created that night, where with no one else around and the feeling of dread overtaking him his ultimate goal was to protect his baby brother.

Also let's not forget Danzou had Shishu's eye inplanted in him, and could have very easily manipulated Itachi who was mentally weak at the time to agree with the situation, he did the exact same thing to get himself promoted to temporary Hokage, a suble Genjutsu to get people to agree with his ideas.

I think Sasuke will ultimately be saved, though if he survives is unsure but I expect him to survive and be forgiven for his past deads by helping Naruto defeat the main boss. Then he'll marry Karin and his children will be typical Uzumaki kids who don't give a kitten about Uchiha pride, their ultimate goal will be to be the next Hokage like their uncle Naruto...theyll also all be redheads like Karin, not unlock the Sharingan, like to play pranks, and be very loud and bad at Ninjutsu making their fathers hair grey before he hits thirty.

iAnby7W.gif

#59 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ Jun 20 2012, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nop me too.

Such small boat. Not only for Sasuke's sake should he be redeemed, but for Naruto's too. (and Sakura and Kakashi for that matter)
After he is redeemed he can die.

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 20 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or he will become like Piccolo was in the DBZ manga, and become the teacher of Naruto's kid.

No, Konohamaru. no.gif

ナルサク

#60 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Jun 20 2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Konohamaru. no.gif

I think he's reserved for the next generation of Ino-Shika-Cho