169 replies to this topic

#161 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

Oh anyway db has good love story with kuririn and number 18.
Can't believe a gag author can write that.

#162 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

@bail
Even if the international sales flop, it would mean nothing if the local sales is high.
There's still bnha and sports manga.
While I doubt they'll replicate the success of big three few years in the future, I don't think they're that desperate.

@bestsasuhinashipper
Well said.
Kishi doesn't resolve NS is my big criticism from the romance aspect in this manga, since sakura isn't your side character. NS is the heroxheroine pairing and both of them are main character.

What Bail and I were pointing out is that the numbers for the sales of manga and manga magazines have been on a steady decline since the nineties. Even OP's volume sales dropped last year. But the most telling is that the two biggest weekly magazines published have a circulation that hovers just over a million for WSJ and under a million for WSM. It's a major drop off from their peaks during the 90's and early 2000's by 2 to 3 million. The manga industry isn't gonna die but it actually is hurting right now.   

#163 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:14 AM

What Bail and I were pointing out is that the numbers for the sales of manga and manga magazines have been on a steady decline since the nineties. Even OP's volume sales dropped last year. But the most telling is that the two biggest weekly magazines published have a circulation that hovers just over a million for WSJ and under a million for WSM. It's a major drop off from their peaks during the 90's and early 2000's by 2 to 3 million. The manga industry isn't gonna die but it actually is hurting right now.   

Which is why they would really like what they had back in the 2000's. When they were getting huge about of international profit because of the popularity of DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Naruto. They don't need it but they would prefer to have it. And when they have it not loss it again.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 June 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#164 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:12 AM

@blackbird
Yes it get a decline in term of sales, but it doesn't mean the interest is low.
They just need to adjusting with time.

@bail
So many sequel, but almost all of them are popular.

#165 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

@blackbird
Yes it get a decline in term of sales, but it doesn't mean the interest is low.
They just need to adjusting with time.

@bail
So many sequel, but almost all of them are popular.

They are trying, but digital manga sites haven't taken off like they hoped they would've and scanlation sites in the west are really hurting them. So yes there is interest, but not enough to truly make up the decline in sales. Japan is an older population the average age is 46.5, second oldest in the world, and it's getting older every year and the people just aren't purchasing manga like they used to.

#166 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

@blackbird
Well, people like free thing.
They just need some tweak to make it marketable and Ofc it will not make all of their potential reader to subscribe.

Yes, that's one of many problem that contritube in declining of manga sales, the other are recession and Internet.

#167 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

@blackbird
Well, people like free thing.
They just need some tweak to make it marketable and Ofc it will not make all of their potential reader to subscribe.

Yes, that's one of many problem that contritube in declining of manga sales, the other are recession and Internet.

Yeah, I think the number of available mangas in digital form and even quality of images have been the complaints I've seen the most that keep people from subscribing to those sites.

#168 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, I think the number of available mangas in digital form and even quality of images have been the complaints I've seen the most that keep people from subscribing to those sites.

Maybe they could make steam version of manga.

#169 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:03 AM

http://kawaiis26.tum...4/neji-is-cupid

So much win this post.

The biggest issue isn't that NaruHina became canon... Its the way that it went against the major messages of the series of going against destiny, being stronger and, a better person. Neji and the series were the collaterals.

This is something I love  in X men DOFP is that Wolverine in the end doesn't get the girl but he is clearly happy that everyone is alive, the future is not crap, and he is even happy that Scott is alive. That's good character writing because Wolverine thinks more about the well being of his friends than himself.

Edit: its the opposite with Hinata. Screwing with your crush was more important everyone else including your own family relatives. That's selfish and despicable to no end.

agreed. and x men days of future past is my favorite x men movie too xD

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#170 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

agreed. and x men days of future past is my favorite x men movie too xD

That's my favorite to, just saw Apocalypse over the weekend and it was good. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were great as always. I just have this image in my head about the ending of Naruto were is like James McAvoy in Days were he lost everything to Sasuke that being Hokage and Sakura and everyone abandoned and he runs away and becomes a drunk with face fuzz like McAvoy and wants nothing to do with the leaf village, but will only help cause of Sakura since he still loves her and no one else. And with him hating Sasuke and growing up. I have a feeling if Sasuke became Hokage it would be Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse and The Third Reich all over again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users