749 replies to this topic

#41 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

Don't worry, I'll answer mine and ask a new one tomorrow. It's the weekend and people are away around this time.

#42 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

To answer my latest post, I would have to say that it depends. To me, I feel like the first impression is the best impression. The old saying goes, "Sequel will have more hype but it will not be better than the original." This seems to be very true with this series.

To me, the first fight at VotE used up almost if not all of builds and reasons behind it to make the fight mean a lot to not just the characters but to the audience. Not to mention, it had more build to it. There were more emotional display in that fight and more exchange between each other, words spouting life sucks but we can fix it and so on. It's just too bad that the fight was held back due to long term planning.

So looking at VotE 2, not only the build was lacking, but the exchange and impact was long gone. It's very cliche, very straightforward, once again no blood thirst, many asspulls, lost the sense of impact (such as why they're giving it everything), and lastly, rushed. Sasuke's part is ok, though a bit confusing and rushed, but everything beforehand was underwhelming.

So I will say I agree if you really can't write the second one as good, better, or just a bit not as good. To me, I agree.

#43 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

Vote 2 doesn't lack building, since it get build since the end of the first vote.
It just lack/doesn't have impact.

#44 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

Vote 2 doesn't lack building, since it get build since the end of the first vote.
It just lack/doesn't have impact.

I guess but it just feel like it doesn't because it was rushed. Like the first one, each character tells Naruto to go save Sasuke and such. Actually, it all started with PoaL. I mean I guess for the lack of better word, I considered it a build but yes, you're technically right. The word I might be looking for is hype. It was lacking bad. Like Sasuke announces his plan, it's like "oh right, we have this..." The first kept hyping more and more and when they finally meet, it's time. The second one, "well, it's good that you know the exact location."

Perhaps it's hype I'm looking for the choice of words.

#45 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

Statement: Gaara's backstory should have left it as it was before the War Arc.

Agree or disagree?

#46 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

@touken
That's right, the fight is really rush if you consider how big the hype he build.
It actually two or three chapters worth action from five chapters of the fight.
This is the climax of the manga and that's what we get.

It's a retcon from garra past in order to bring closure with his parent and that's bad.

#47 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:06 AM

Feels like no one wants to discuss anything that doesn't relate to pairings or the ending in general.

Anyway I agree to an extent. While I admit I thought it was touching when Gaara found out his mother and uncle truly loved him, it does take away from his tragic backstory

#48 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

Agree. While it made Gaara's backstory bittersweet and a little less tragic, it felt unnecessary overall. It didn't do that much for him.

#49 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

Agreed. He killed his own family.

Statement: Neji being alive wouldn't give NH a chance. Agree or disagree?

Agree with Neji being alive wouldn't give NH a chance since Hinata is pretty much the cause for his death and as we he was killed so they could get together. Seriously did Kishi take writing tip form most of the writers in DC's The New 52 and Frank Miller on how to suck and piss off your fanbase.

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

I have to agree on Gaara.

Things like that was unnecessary. I can see if the backstory needs a hole to fill in, but this one is one of those "all is needed to be shown." Instead, Kishi pulls a "wait there's more..." Not only that, it toned down the approach of dark backstory. You mean to tell me everyone act on a stage? That's not possible.

You know it's sad when a Fairy Tail backstory on a side character remained dark than Naruto. That's like changing Miranda's father to be a guy who was forced by demons to harsh his daughter. No, in reality, he's a legit kitten. Plain and simple. So why Naruto got to make shounen look like nick jr? Even Avatar creators will go far and got away with it. So yeah, I agree a lot.

#51 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

Statement: In hindsight, Kakashi should have remain dead back at Pain Invasion Arc.

Agree or disagree?

#52 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

Statement: In hindsight, Kakashi should have remain dead back at Pain Invasion Arc.

Agree or disagree?

I'm conflicted on this, ha. But I'm moving towards disagree. 

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#53 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Agree or disagree?

This is a tough one, I didn't mind Pain reviving everyone at the time but I do feel that reviving pretty much everyone took away from the devastation that Pain caused, and blunted the effect of the attack. So I would have to say, I agree that Kakashi should have remained dead (as long as everyone else stayed dead too).

Though this question raised an interesting though of mine, I actually liked the Edo Tensei army that Tobi/Obito brought back to life. It probably was one of the few things that I liked from the War arc.

#54 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

Agree or disagree?

Agreed.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#55 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

His mentor role in Naruto's life was finished so his death seemed fitting.

But then again, he is one of my favorites and I'm glad he got to live so disagree

#56 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

I'm conflicted too, considering Kakashi had a bit more to do, consideri ng he sucked as a teacher to Team 7, but his arc also came full circle...

#57 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Agree or disagree?

Hmmm.... While I agree that his mentor role in Naruto's life was finished, I still liked Kakashi as a character. In fact, I liked him more than most of the other characters. So I didn't want to see him dead. (And same with Jiraiya for that matter.)  

So, I disagree that Kakashi should have remained dead.

However I don't think it would have been a bad thing if several other minor characters died in the edo tensei instead. 

I would have loved to see the edo tensei used as something other than just a giant reset button. Like maybe some characters from the village were resurrected, but some were too far gone to be reached (like Jiraiya). Or maybe they were all brought back to a halfway mark, then it was left to the rest of the medics to nurse them back to health. So it basically bought all the wounded about 24 extra hours before death. And some were healed and brought back, while others succumbed to their wounds. But all had a chance to say goodbye or reevaluate their life in some form, giving them some closure. That would have been a more satisfying situation to me than the giant happy-shiny reset button that edo tensei became.

#58 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hmmm.... While I agree that his mentor role in Naruto's life was finished, I still liked Kakashi as a character. In fact, I liked him more than most of the other characters. So I didn't want to see him dead. (And same with Jiraiya for that matter.)  

So, I disagree that Kakashi should have remained dead.

However I don't think it would have been a bad thing if several other minor characters died in the edo tensei instead. 

I would have loved to see the edo tensei used as something other than just a giant reset button. Like maybe some characters from the village were resurrected, but some were too far gone to be reached (like Jiraiya). Or maybe they were all brought back to a halfway mark, then it was left to the rest of the medics to nurse them back to health. So it basically bought all the wounded about 24 extra hours before death. And some were healed and brought back, while others succumbed to their wounds. But all had a chance to say goodbye or reevaluate their life in some form, giving them some closure. That would have been a more satisfying situation to me than the giant happy-shiny reset button that edo tensei became.

I do agree that there's a lot of fun to be had with that, as well as serious story telling potential, Tricks.

#59 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

i agree kakashi should have been killed off. i was tired of him and thought he had nothing else to show us (turns out kishi thought it was good idea to give him susanoo, spamming kamui and a hokage title -_-)

#60 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

I agree because kishi already kill him.
If kishi doesn't want him to death, then he just need to knock him out or unconscious but not dead. Just make him in near death status like Hinata or tsunade.
If I'm mistaken, The only name character dead in that arc are kakashi and shizune. The rest are fodder.
By doing that, he doesn't need to rely on mass resurection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users