3333 replies to this topic

#1981 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:26 AM

I watched it, and I have to ask, why? What's it for? What's the point of it? What is the viewer supposed to learn from it or get from it?

Didn't watch it so unless someone explains what happens. Here what I assume; they are using this to justify Bolt's behavior during the movie. Which they should be doing in the next arc or so. They may want the daddy issues to reach a boiling point. So it can be resolved in the chunin exam, and then never have to deal with it again.

#1982 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

Didn't watch it so unless someone explains what happens. Here what I assume; they are using this to justify Bolt's behavior during the movie. Which they should be doing in the next arc or so. They may want the daddy issues to reach a boiling point. So it can be resolved in the chunin exam, and then never have to deal with it again.

It's boruto birthday , they have a little party in his house , mitsuki and salad along with sakura come to his house. But naruto didn't come because he was to busy working. Naruto come home with a present late night after the party's over and he said "Sorry" to hinata and hand her the present/gift. Boruto wake up in the middle of night seeing a gift box from naruto in his room a long with letter saying "I'm sorry" boruto angry and almost throw away the letter. In the morning boruto and naruto talk , naruto said he is sorry for not being able to make it. Boruto said "Nobody expect it anyway" , boruto said that "At least next for himawari birthday you have to be there" , naruto make a weird sad face and then he make kind of force smile and he said he'll be there. Boruto then extend his fist to him (you know the killer bee and naruto fist to fist) but naruto pat his head instead and boruto gets mad and leave.

They making Naruto looks more and more kitten in every episode , i don't know why kishi letting them do this.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1983 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

It's boruto birthday , they have a little party in his house , mitsuki and salad along with sakura come to his house. But naruto didn't come because he was to busy working. Naruto come home with a present late night after the party's over and he said "Sorry" to hinata and hand her the present/gift. Boruto wake up in the middle of night seeing a gift box from naruto in his room a long with letter saying "I'm sorry" boruto angry and almost throw away the letter. In the morning boruto and naruto talk , naruto said he is sorry for not being able to make it. Boruto said "Nobody expect it anyway" , boruto said that "At least next for himawari birthday you have to be there" , naruto make a weird sad face and then he make kind of force smile and he said he'll be there. Boruto then extend his fist to him (you know the killer bee and naruto fist to fist) but naruto pat his head instead and boruto gets mad and leave.

They making Naruto looks more and more kitten in every episode , i don't know why kishi letting them do this.

It is supposed to build drama between them. They are just trying to make things interesting for the show and get people to watch, they are desperate at this point. This Naruto is a neglectful dad and Minato would be ashamed. It reminds me of a bad soap opera at this point. I can't believe my childhood has turned into this.

#1984 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

So much for "Supervising."

It is supposed to build drama between them. They are just trying to make things interesting for the show and get people to watch, they are desperate at this point. This Naruto is a neglectful dad and Minato would be ashamed. It reminds me of a bad soap opera at this point. I can't believe my childhood has turned into this.

God, Soap Operas are more suspenseful and realistic than this and those shows REALLY ham it up.

Regarding inconsistency in feats, this is a good video:

It's okay, but it doesn't answer all questions. Again, why was Goku scared of Buu's attack that was techically weaker than Cell's if by then he was far stronger than Cell at that time? That doesn't make sense.

Of course, if we are to apply this to Cell and Goku, then we can apply this to Superman or whatever statements they have. So if a Superman says "I hit him with an attack that is lik 15 suns exploding in his face." Then I guess Superman can survive a force of 15 suns exploding in his face.

I am just saying, that the fanbase loves being picky about this stuff and I am jsut saying "Well, if you want to apply something to one, you have to apply it to the other. You just can;t say all of Goku's villains tells the truth, but all of Superman's villains exaggerate. Especially when we know for a fact that most of Goku's villains heavy exaggerate."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 29 March 2018 - 10:37 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1985 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:29 AM

Thank you Yyubie. And Griff is right, and like I said it is just to build drama to when they Finally conclude Bolt's daddy issues that been around since the first episode. The problem is that this was at a hundred since the start, and now they are going to be acting like this now is the beginning of that drama; when again they been doing along. So when they get done with the chunin exam most people aren't going to be praising the story instead most will be going "finally" if they haven't seen the movie, while those that did will say "they already seen that...twice already" So this will please very few people except the most ignorant.

So much for "Supervising."

God, Soap Operas are more suspenseful and realistic than this and those shows REALLY ham it up.

It's okay, but it doesn't answer all questions. Again, why was Goku scared of Buu's attack that was techically weaker than Cell's if by then he was far stronger than Cell at that time? That doesn't make sense.

Of course, if we are to apply this to Cell and Goku, then we can apply this to Superman or whatever statements they have. So if a Superman says "I hit him with an attack that is lik 15 suns exploding in his face." Then I guess Superman can survive a force of 15 suns exploding in his face.

I am just saying, that the fanbase loves being picky about this stuff and I am jsut saying "Well, if you want to apply something to one, you have to apply it to the other. You just can;t say all of Goku's villains tells the truth, but all of Superman's villains exaggerate. Especially when we know for a fact that most of Goku's villains heavy exaggerate."

Again Kishimoto is supervising the manga, its Kodachi that's advising the anime.

Goku can't breath in space. So any energy blast strong enough to blow up the Earth is a threat. Kid Buu first one was strong enough to blow up the earth; when they stopped that one he made one big enough that no one could block it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 March 2018 - 05:49 AM.

#1986 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

Again Kishimoto is supervising the manga, its Kodachi that's advising the anime.

Goku can't breath in space. So any energy blast strong enough to blow up the Earth is a threat. Kid Buu first one was strong enough to blow up the earth; when they stopped that one he made one big enough that no one could block it.

Again, what exactly is Kishimoto supervising? Seeing how Boruto is a complete and total mess, how much imput is he actually putting in? This is the million dollor questions. Are we going to say that it was Kishimoto's idea to have miniguns in the series? Was it Kishimoto's idea to have Naruto be in a rock relationship with Hinata? Are there times when he had no involvement.

I mean, let's take Toriyama:
"As with last time, I wrote the overall plot outline, and the scriptwriters have been compiling and expanded the story content into individual episodes, making various changes and additions, and generally doing their best to make the story more interesting."
This is what he said about Dragonball Super the anime where he wrote the overall plot, but it was the screen writers who embelish it to make it more compelling.

So to take example: Toriyama says "Goku reaches Ultra Instinct and is more powerful to at least up hold up againt Jiren" The screen writer writes: "He is so powerful he shakes the universe." So what do we consider ideal canon?

Keep in mind that Battle of Gods and Ressurection of F are written by Toriyama himself and yet those plot changes when it got put into the anime series. So does that mean the movies take precedence?

We also have this about the Dragonball Super manga:
"The Dragon Ball Super anime is being adapted into a companion manga illustrated by artist Toyotarou, who was previously responsible for the official Resurrection 'F' manga adaptation.[46] Toyotarou explained that he receives the major plot points from Toriyama, before drawing the storyboard and filling in the details in between himself. He sends the storyboard to Toriyama for review"

So, essentially, the manga is just AS canon as the anime and the movies. Since the story board for the manga is sent to Toriyama to approve sepcifically, than I guess we are to take the manga as canon as well.

I will say this though. this technically means that Goku has multiple writers.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 01 April 2018 - 06:26 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1987 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

Again, what exactly is Kishimoto supervising? Seeing how Boruto is a complete and total mess, how much imput is he actually putting in? This is the million dollor questions. Are we going to say that it was Kishimoto's idea to have miniguns in the series? Was it Kishimoto's idea to have Naruto be in a rock relationship with Hinata? Are there times when he had no involvement.

Maybe Boruto is his SCI-FI manga after all , i mean it's already 2018 and it was 2014 .... 4 years ago since he announce his SCI-FI manga. Just look at the tech they introduce : chakra saber , spiderman gloves , airship , minigun , and that wrist boruto use to cheat in chunnin exam , laptop , card game , i bet there's many more in the anime but since none of use watch it we don't know. That's already futuristic theme tools/weaponry been introduce in the manga.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1988 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

Again, what exactly is Kishimoto supervising? Seeing how Boruto is a complete and total mess, how much input is he actually putting in? This is the million dollar questions. Are we going to say that it was Kishimoto's idea to have miniguns in the series? Was it Kishimoto's idea to have Naruto be in a rock relationship with Hinata? Are there times when he had no involvement.

Absolutely nothing. He most likely just does this: Spends most time with his family, when required he goes to work, if they ask him for advice he just suggest something off the top of  his head, if they ask him to look at something that as long as it isn't complete crap he approves, when handed the completed manga he looks to make sure it in order then hands it off to the printing press, and what he suggest is the thing Yyubie brings up.

Maybe Boruto is his SCI-FI manga after all , i mean it's already 2018 and it was 2014 .... 4 years ago since he announce his SCI-FI manga. Just look at the tech they introduce : chakra saber , spiderman gloves , airship , minigun , and that wrist boruto use to cheat in chunnin exam , laptop , card game , i bet there's many more in the anime but since none of use watch it we don't know. That's already futuristic theme tools/weaponry been introduce in the manga.

No. He did announce he is leaving this year to work on that manga. That's why he had to hug that Boruto mascot. They kept him around for 4 years one to see if he could desperately fix this franchise -that he doesn't care about anymore-, and two because it looks bad if the creator leaves a series and never looks back when they claim that this sequel was planned all along. So now that he stayed the number of years they don't worry about that; so he can go.

#1989 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

I'm still not looking forward to that sci-fi manga of his. If he let his editors, Pierot and the fandom tell him what to do and write in Naruto. What are the chances the same thing will happen again with this new manga? 

Unless Kishimoto doesn't write an emo rival and a big boob shy girl that likes the male protagonist. Just create the protagonist and the female lead a tsundere with liking him from the start to prevent the kitten storm that became the shipping wars of Naruto. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1990 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

Even IF he were to do that he's lost all credibility with me, so I wouldn't touch that sci-fi manga of his if it were to have a NaruSaku done right. that's how little to nothing he matters in my life right now

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1991 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

I don't even know what he's capable of, considering that Yahagi seems to be responsible for a conspicuous chunk of Naruto's success. I'm not saying he has zero talent but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation either. How good is he, really? I might peek at it, just to see if he can answer that question.

#1992 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

Even IF he were to do that he's lost all credibility with me, so I wouldn't touch that sci-fi manga of his if it were to have a NaruSaku done right. that's how little to nothing he matters in my life right now

Agreed he has already proven to be an incompetent writer.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1993 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

I'm still not looking forward to that sci-fi manga of his. If he let his editors, Pierot and the fandom tell him what to do and write in Naruto. What are the chances the same thing will happen again with this new manga? 

Unless Kishimoto doesn't write an emo rival and a big boob shy girl that likes the male protagonist. Just create the protagonist and the female lead a tsundere with liking him from the start to prevent the kitten storm that became the shipping wars of Naruto.

Yep they should have done the same thing with Naruto or at least end NH at the beginning of part to avoid the crap we all had to deal with. Also, it would allow Kishi to write the story instead of pleasing his higher ups and fans with Hinata fantasies.

#1994 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

He just shouldn't have focused on romance if he didn't care enough to do the right thing. If Sakura didn't say she loved Sasuke and Naruto didn't love Sakura it would actually have been okay if Sakura ended up with Sasuke. Because most of the disgusting things that happened would not have had to happen. She would just marry him after he stopped being a villain. No one thought it was disgusting that Bulma married Vegeta. Well maybe some people did, but not very many. But if Goku loved Bulma and Vegeta kept trying to murder her, then everyone would say it was disgusting too.

The thing is that Kishi hated SS as well, that was why he made it look so horrible. But he somehow got to the point that he cared about the characters and story so little that he was willing to do it anyway. This would have happened with or without Hinata so I guess he would have destroyed his story in some other way if she wasn't around.

#1995 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Also it was not like Bulma was pouring her heart out to Vegeta and he emotinally stomps on her feelings and then stabs her in the heart or at least  gives her the impression that he did. it was not like they were hinting  that Goku and Bulma were in love for the entire run of Dragon Ball then Goku marries Chichi and Bulma marries Vegeta at the last moment in the series. PLUS it is not like after Vegeta marries Bulma officially that he leaves her, Trunks and Bulla for over 10 years and never comes home once to visit and see how they are doing. He becomes an actual family man once he lets go of his grudges and swallows his pride a little bit.

Naruto tried to copy Dragon Ball but it was NOT Dragon Ball and the romance suplot circumstances were NOT LIKE Dragon ball in the least

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 May 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#1996 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Also it was not like Bulma was pouring her heart out to Vegeta and he emotinally stomps on her feelings and then stabs her in the heart or at least  gives her the impression that he did. it was not like they were hinting  that Goku and Bulma were in love for the entire run of dragon ball then Goku marries Chichi and Bulma marries Vegeta at the last moment in the series. PLUS it is not like after Vegeta marries Bulma officially that he leaves her, Trunks and Bulla for over 10 years and never comes home once to visit and see how they are doing. He becomes an actual family man once he lets go of his grudges and swallows his pride a little bit.

It's not like Bulma was about to fall to her death and then Vegeta had an opportunity to help her but didn't, so she had to be saved by Yamcha. I am pretty sure that if Vegeta ever pulled that kitten, Bulma would have peaced out immediately. She is nothing like what Kishimoto decided it would be a good idea to have Sakura be.

It's not like Bulma told Goku that she loved him but then when Goku was like "Bulma, I'm already married," she instead tries to kill Vegeta, who easily incapacitates her and then tries to kill her while she's helpless, at which point she is saved by Goku.

It's not like Bulma tried to help Goku at the cost of her own body, while merely paying lipservice to her love for Vegeta, and then proceeded to marry Vegeta.

It's not like Bulma met Bardock who asked her to take care of his son, and she didn't disagree with this, but got with Vegeta immediately afterwards.

This could go on forever.

Edited by DrK, 03 April 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#1997 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

YUP it COULD. Like I said the circumstances for the couples in Dragon Ball are NOT the same. Dragon Ball HAD no romance subplot but the couples are STILL more believable than Naruto and they seem way more happy. plus neither Goku or Vegeta are neglectful deadbeat fathers that ignore their kids just because.

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 April 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#1998 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

YUP it COULD. Like I said the circumstances for the couples in Dragon Ball are NOT the same. Dragon Ball HAD no romance subplot but the couples are STILL more believable than Naruto and they seem way more happy. plus neither Goku or Vegeta are neglectful deadbeat fathers that neglect their kids just because.

It's not like Bulma tried to disqualify Goku from a tournament because she was concerned for him, even though her doing so would also have disqualified Vegeta, but she didn't even think about that.

It's not like Goku pretended to be Vegeta to compliment Bulma's physical appearance, giving her the wrong idea about Vegeta which is never resolved even though she marries Vegeta and she would certainly ask him about it. That's another thing, Bulma actually likes Vegeta. Not who she wants Vegeta to be. And Vegeta likes the real Bulma. Not some kittening idiot who just wants to be with him at all costs.

It's not like Chi Chi risks her life to try to protect Goku, and Bulma was distressed to learn of this because of her own feelings for Goku. Which are never resolved because she simply marries Vegeta.

It's not like Bulma gets trapped against a tree by Frieza, and Goku pushes past his own limits to save her, while Vegeta is saying "I know you can save her Kakarot"

It's not like when Goku comes back from his long journey, Bulma was struck by how handsome he became. Well, that did actually happen. Never mind.

Edited by DrK, 03 April 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#1999 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:12 PM

It's not like Bulma hugged Goku in front of a huge crowd after the fight with Cell or Frieza. :zaru:

It's not like Bulma helped feed Goku when he had every bone in his body broken by Vegeta. :zaru:

It's not like Bulma  was prolonging Goku's life when he was about to die by massaging his heart. :zaru:

It's  not like everyone that sees Goku and Bulma together assumes they are a couple :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 April 2018 - 06:28 AM.

#2000 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

It's not like Bulma, after having chosen to marry Vegeta, lived a kittening miserable life where she wished every day that she wasn't a Kishimoto character. Because that was Sakura!

I like the scene where after Majin Vegeta murders a bunch of people at the tournament, Bulma takes it upon herself to fetch the dragon balls, basically by herself, and resurrect the people he killed. She felt responsible because she was part of the reason he was on Earth and that's her husband. Sakura would never do that with Sasuke. If Sasuke killed helpless innocents, She would go find Sasuke and ask if it would be okay to resurrect those helpless innocents that he killed first. Because the SS relationship is predicated on Sakura being completely useless.

Edited by DrK, 04 April 2018 - 12:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users