Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

I like to share and put this good post from tumblr here :

http://lusilverr.tum...uto-is-not-that

Naruto might’ve “ended” fifteen years ago, and people who are still angry have every god given right to be.
Because when you “end” a story in a mediocre, anti climatic, unsatisfactory kitten way, it’s going to piss a lot of people off—as it rightfully should.
Because when you disrespect your own characters the way Masashi Kishimoto did, a lot of people who spent most of their childhoods invested in the livelihood of the characters only to be told at the ending “I don’t actually give a single kitten about these characters or what they were primarily intended to represent” is a huge kitten slap to the face to the people who supported the creators work and art after all that time. It’s disgusting, it’s triggering and it’s horrifying. 
Sasuke’s character is primarily so popular due to how savage his creator treated him. Kishimoto started this universe off with a child suffering from traumatic loss by someone he adored with the essence of his existence—to end it by making that character not only a dog to the system that betrayed his entire clan, but rooted him to character that understood him the absolute least of all people. As an invested reader (as many of those were) this is disrespectful as kitten to do to a character. Kishimoto spent so much time reiterating to us about this broken, kittened up system only to have the one character going against it suddenly lay down and accept it, no more questions asked, silenced forever. 
If Sasuke Uchiha was at least handled and written correctly, people might’ve accepted the ending far easier, in time. However, this was not the case. Sasuke Uchiha represented oppression and injusticeyet the ending made him even further ostracized. As in; his problems weren’t solved, his trauma wasn’t mended and his heart was still crushed. This hurt very many people, as it should. Your favorite character at the end of the story doesn’t even have a last word.

It’s the way that the Boruto series despite branching off into its own supposed direction and storyline continues to rob and borrow ideals from its predecessor in horrendous ways. 
In a way, I’m glad Boruto happened. I’m glad that the world sees something like Boruto because it highlights in clear depiction everything the studio and the “people” care about; ships, ships, rehash, ships, rehash. These are the people who watched Naruto and Naruto Shippuden to see Hinakittens collapse while talking to Naruto, to see Sakura regress significantly when Sasuke is present—Boruto: Next Generations is aiming for those people and the studio damn well knows it and they are bringing what those people want to see, what’s going to get them to keep coming back. Because who cares about a child shinobi system highlighted as brutal in the original series? Not them! Let’s romanticize missions. Who cares about the Hyuuga Clan branch system? Not them! Let’s make sure we show everyone how important Hinata truly is. Oh and Neji? Yeah let’s never mention him again except for comedic relief. Who cares about punishing criminals and imprisonment? Not them! In fact let’s continue to bring in the main villain and even better let’s give him a child that he openly experimented on and portray him as a good parent! Who cares about all of those things? The true fans did. It’s the way they wash these important issues under the rug and never mention them again. It’s the way the issues that were tackled and prevalent in Naruto are no longer even discussed or mentioned. Because that was Neji Hyuuga, Sasuke Uchiha and Yahiko’s duties. Guess where all of them went. 
Notice that Sasuke is never seen in the village. Want to know why that is? Because he would challenge the system. Nope! Can’t have that—twelve years out on the hunt for a make believe villain you go Sasuke! 
The creators seem to not understand that the series can most definitely thrive if they were not continuously kittening on the old one; they could have created this universe in the Naruto realm that everything still exists without destroying the previous characters development. Naruto and Sasuke struggling against a battle with a weak minded villain with foolish ideals was atrocious—not to mention Sasuke goddamn Uchiha couldn’t dodge kunai. If the creators had actually paid attention during the original series, they would know that the Uchiha clan were one of the clans to master weaponry. So to have Sasuke—a Uchiha—struggling against them was a massive “kitten you” to his character and everything he made of himself. It definitely shows. Then they had Sakura attack the weak minded villain with a sneak attack, despite his entire cranium was shrouded in eyeballs and not seeing that attack coming. They really want us to buy this? Oh but wait—Boruto: Next Generations can’t have logic in it, people can’t read that deep into it. It’s a show for the new generation, it needs to be kid friendly. Maybe we just won’t notice, right? Yeah. Let’s pretend we don’t notice. 
In another way I’m glad Boruto happened, it reiterated to us significantly how unoriginal their ideals were as well as the incompetence of Kishimoto as a writer. Want to know a secret, my friend? We could have excused kitten writing if the story was satisfactory. We could have excused improper and rushed pairings with kitten writing, if the ending were justified and believable. Oh..but..that isn’t the case. In fact, the ending outright proved to us just how kitten of a writer Kishimoto actually is. So guess what? We’re pissed. The kitten excuses of him being a young mangaka at the time is insanely inexcusable—it’s your profession to create stories and content and you fall back on discrediting your profession as undermining your own ability? My favorite outlandish lie that Kishimoto spoke was when he admitted he could not write romance—but Naruto was a series he wrote about the essence of the budding relationship between Naruto Uzumaki and Hinata Hyuuga

Wait—excuse me? But Kishimoto, you just said you are not very good at writing romance. My god..so why did you aim to write a romance story if you cannot write romance? Is it because…that isn’t what Naruto was about, perhaps?
It’s the way that the authors intended dream for the protagonist became so undermined that he had to change his entire wording in order to make us believe that..it made sense. Yeah..believe it! Get this: Naruto Uzumaki an orphaned Konoha resident is ostracized due to harboring a demonic beast within him that wreaked havoc on the village years prior. Despite the sour looks and disdain of others, he perseveres on the journey to becoming Hoka—marrying Hinata Hyuuga. 
How kittened up would that make you feel? An average reader in the beginning would not derive that kitten notion upon first picking that manga up. Could you imagine Masashi Kishimoto using that as his pitch? They’d throw him out the door quicker than Rock Lee’s downfall of being a relevant character. 
It’s the way that the own creator contradicts himself with his own wording. Stating he could not write romance and goes on to develop multiple—mutual—ships that take a back seat to underdeveloped asspull pairings. 
It’s the way that Boruto also fleshed out his inner kitten writing abilities by creating light novels. Here’s the thing about Light Novels; they are intended to explain situations, storyline or anything that does not initially fit in the manga itself or did not have time to be explained or developed. They are meant to help the reader themselves understand certain aspects or criteria that otherwise they wouldn’t have found in the original/initial material. Masashi Kishimoto decided now was his time to help everyone understand just how it was Naruto Uzumaki’s dream of becoming hokage was actually a fluke—it was to marry Hinata Hyuuga instead. Now this is after the disaster film of The Last. We’re still asking questions and here comes our Lord and Savior Masashi Kishimoto about to deliver us some tea!
What the—there isn’t anything? There’s just Naruto boinking Hinata and..creating two children? Fine. You know what—you win this round Masashi Kishimoto. As a reader, we’re still confused about Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno, though. The Last showed zero development between them—we’d like to understand how it was they got together. Bless us with your Light Novels Kishimoto. Deliver us answers!

*A page from the prologue*

Okay, well so far this prologue is looking promising. Looks like we’ll be given answers regarding Naruto and Sasuke…okay, then..

*That page where Sasuke comes home*

What the devil….okay. So this is Sakura and..Sasuke’s relationship? He just—returns. And says he’s back. I mean this would be acceptable if he just returned from grocery shopping but haven’t you been gone for years, man? Okay..let’s uh..see if Sakura’s provides some insight about this..relationship.

(couldn’t find pictures of her novel, I’m guessing because it was absolute trash, but here’s a video that goes through the story with hilarious commentary: 

For a summary, at the end of Sakura shinden, we are not provided answers regarding Sakura and Sasukes relationship in the slightest. Throughout her book she’s constantly..wet over him, that’s primarily all. 
In short, Kishimoto didn’t deliver us with answers to kitten, except exposing his piss poor writing abilities. 
But wait! Wait, I forgot something! Oh that’s right—Gaiden! God how could I forgotten about Gaiden!? Maybe he provides some answers there for us?!
Yeah to save you the trouble—he doesn’t. You’re welcome, I won’t torment your eyesight with the images. Kishimoto in Gaiden went on further confusing the relationship between Sasuke and Sakura. 
The point I am making here is that the reason those Light Novels and Gaiden became so popular was that people were expecting to read the material and gather information or answers that supported these relationships. To provide hindsight to their explanations or to at least give light as to how they started to develop that perhaps wasn’t in the manga. And the creator disrespects his fans so much that he doesn’t even give them that. He doesn’t provide answers, he doesn’t further explain information, he downright doesn’t do anything except appeal to what people want—I actually am not even sure what that exactly was for the Light Novels themselves, it all seemed like a mass of kitten to me since they didn’t go on to explain particularly anything. 
People supported that man from beginning to the end and they were punched in the face repeatedly with the nonsensical explanations. Rightfully so, people should be pissed.

It’s the way the creator robbed a vast majority of people their time and investments to provide nonsensical endings with illogical pairings to support his work and art.
People are pissed because he doesn’t care and all the evidence points to..he never did.

As I’ve stated previously; it’s not that we hate Boruto (the character included) it’s that we hate what it did to Naruto (the character included) and Sasuke for the sake of fan service and shipping bait.None of the questions we have were answered and absolutely nothing for these poor souls were justified. They are, instead, making a mockery of our childhood.

And that is what’s utterly disrespectful most of all. 

I like to have what's on the post in case the writer deletes it.

I agree with most of what they say. But I don't think kishimoto was that involved in the writing of the light novels (other then the cover page.) Even by that point he was already done with the Franchise, and Shueisha had to get a good half a dozen of their light novelist to quickly write one each. So they could quickly shotgun the series out as fast as possible after the ending. As for the gaiden; again, the point of the gaiden was to make a manga with a female lead to prove he wasn't sexist, and probably lash out at the ending that ruined his reputation.

Edit got bored and read through their anti-boruto posts here are some other good posts by this person:

"Anonymous: Pro SK: Do you support the theory that Sarada is Karen's daughter actually?

So being pro SK for me I actually entertain both suigetsu/karin and sasuke/karin, both to me are pretty decent. 
However about the Sarada being Karin’s daughter theory i think is a really fun way of interpreting her character. Especially cause Kishimoto left the manga open ended.

The reason I say that is because Sarada as just a Uchiha bores me. She’s the supposed daughter of sakura and sasuke the lone uchiha, and that in itself doesn’t intrigue me. Why, you ask? Because of the Sakura mess. I like Sakura as a character, just to be clear. I despise sakura and sasuke’s relationship though but that’s not why I mainly dislike Sarada. I feel like Sarada has issues that doesn’t make her character prevail. Her mother acts worthless around her chooses to be missing father and sarada’s only opinion on him is that she’s connected to him for the sheer fact that..she exists…..
Doesn’t do it for me. She goes through her whole arc being livid at the fact that her mother doesn’t tell her a single thing about her own father and even worse proves to not know pretty much anything about him, her house is shattered to shambles, she finds that ironic photo of her teenage father and the woman with the glasses in the rubble and sets out on a journey to find her father and when she does he damn near strangled her after pointing his sword at her, then to have her mother be kidnapped by a lookalike deadpool and then they hadda rescue her only to be told by sasuke that when she asked about the marital status between him and sakura he says that they are connected…because she exists? Like in the real world that..just doesn’t make sense? And even when you really think about it, that’s really pathetic. Also, dismissing that this “isn’t the real world” the whole logic behind it was so..flat. Sarada then forgives him after the poke on the forehead and all is well? I feel like she should’ve been a little more resentful towards the fact that he’s never around? Never bothers to contact them? Doesn’t even..kiss her supposed mother? Like dismissing the whole “that’s just not sasuke’s character” kitten, sasuke knows how to show genuine affection or to at least acknowledge it. The conclusion of gaiden proved first and foremost that sasuke..isn’t even connected to them even with sarada existing. Her character bores me, especially with how easily she forgives him. If you’re gonna use the daddy issues thing, then make it prevalent. I mean edward elric despised his father and even at the end when he saved them after the truth was revealed edward doesn’t exactly forgive hohenheim, because he has every right to be angry at his father for leaving them. He understands him but edward doesn’t really forgive him. And that’s what makes his character (to me) feel far more relatable and deeper. Sarada just..forgets that Sasuke has been missing (by choice) for twelve years and her mother is just..okay with her father not being around?
I despise this. I dislike that sakura was such a dumb ass that she brought a child into the world by a man that’s never shown any sort of interest in her. It’s even in a hidden novel that she chased him because she didn’t take no for an answer, just what the ever loving kitten lol. Sarada as a uchiha just suffers and it’s because of sakura. Nothing about their family is mended at the end of gaiden, hell sasuke couldn’t wait to dip again. What makes it even worse is that everyone uses his mission as an excuse to be away just to make sakura being a single mother noble when it’s mentioned by naruto (IN BORUTO BECAUSE I FINALLY WATCHED IT) three times that sasuke can VISIT home, it wouldn’t HURT to just stop by and say HELLO. To acknowledge his FAMILY. But he doesn’t do this and it goes back to the fact that he doesn’t want to. Which makes sarada’s character that much more pathetic to me..he hates sakura so much that he avoids his own child which is a spitting image of her. i can’t deal with that.

BUT IF SARADA IS ACTUALLY AN UZUMAKI LOOK HOW MUCH MORE INTERESTING HER CHARACTER BECOMES;
Because sasuke doesn’t want to reside in the leaf due to the enteral and everlasting threat of kaguya existing, he wanders aimlessly around the outskirts of konoha. throughout his journey he encounters Karin who still works for Orichmaru alongside Suigetsu who is staying true to his pursuit of the seven ninja swords of the hidden mist village. and jyuugo whose..ambition was never made clear BUT SO sasuke decides he has to procreate in order to revive the clan, and he entrusts Karin with the task of bearing his offspring. Soon after impregnating her he tells her that Orichimaru can’t find out about the pregnancy due to the fact he would want to experiment on the child because of the uchiha mixed blood, Sakura then comes along looking for some kitten and thirsting after Sasuke who politely declines her advancements, stating to her that as an aspiring medical ninja the last thing she needs to focus on is childhood lust. sakura takes his advice, but wants to accompany him on his journey. politely he rejects this offer as well but decides to take her to his hideout with karin. There, Karin gives birth to Sarada. Sarada is raised in captivity with Sasuke and Karin for two years without being detected. Suigetsu soon can’t keep his mouth shut and tells Orichimaru that a child has been harbored in his hideout without his knowledge. Intrigued, he goes to investigate but Sasuke overhears Suigetsu panicking and picks up on the fact he’s ratted them out. Sasuke then tells Karin that the best thing they can do is turn Sarada over to Sakura in the leaf village where she cannot be detected or pursued by Orichimaru or anyone else. Sasuke entrusts Sarada into the capable care of Sakura, who he deeply trusts as beloved comrade. He understands more than anyone that she can raise Sarada perfectly, without fearing of her ever being in danger. This gives Sasuke all the more reason to protect Konoha, for the mere fact that his child resides there with her make believe mother. As Sarada grows older, Sakura who has sworn to Sasuke to keep his existence, mission and duties a secret, doesn’t tell Sarada anything regarding her heritage for her sole protection. Sarada has distinct hazy memories of her father as a baby, but cannot distinguish them between dreams or reality. In truth her memories are from when she was raised by his side with Karin in the secret hideout, but after her illness and needing to be given glasses, her memories fog over and she soon starts forgetting her own father and precious memories. When she is finally reunited with him, Sakura informs him after all those years she kept his promise to him on keeping his daughter safe and sound and keeping as much information from her as possible. To Sakura’s surprise, Sasuke thanks her. In means of keeping Karin a secret for the fact she works directly under Orichimaru, he informs her that he is connected to her through Sakura and by this he means that as long as Sakura keeps her safe, he will always be with her. Sarada being young by not naive, with a smile, accepts this wholeheartedly.

I also would just like to add that this would make Mitsuki’s introduction far more intriguing if his focus was on getting closer to Sarada, for mere experimentation purposes. We all know that Mitsuki is an escaped clone of Orichimaru’s but we also learn that Orichimaru accepts the rogue ideals of Mitsuki’s divided ambitions. However, being as he is still an experiment of Orichimaru’s and being raised in one of his hideouts he learns extensive knowledge of the Uchiha’s and Uzumaki’s with their honorable prowess and chakra abilities. He takes interest in Orichimaru’s motivation to obtain uchiha and uzumaki genes/blood. After escaping and meeting Boruto, his interest peaks. But then he encounters Sarada, realizing she’s the perfect vessel for Orichimaru to experiment on because she’s a mix of both notable clans.
See why that storyline is much more interesting? Now that’s a character I can grow with."

"NaruHina -

1.) “Anti’s hate naruto and his family, they are all a bunch of dense kittens” (reworded, however I’m sure that’s what you all probably say about us and if not then give yourself a cookie from me to you)

I would like to clarify that we have no qualms with Naruto’s family. In fact, us anti’s care very little if at all for his family. If you want to know why then something very vital to understand is that most of us don’t really care much for any of the families in this fandom, we watch for plot development and story progression.

We dislike NaruHina because it changed Naruto as we knew, loved and grew up with. We blame it on Hinata and Studio Pierrot, however most of us are just so disgusted in general with the way Kishimoto presented this trash pairing to us..after everything. Naruto’s massive dream was to become the hokage and rescue his friends, save the world, insert more heroic speeches of main characters from battle mangas here and to make this relationship practical they are trying their hardest to sugarcoat every little thing, even making Hinata way out of character, as if she ever had much character development from the start, it must be terrible if even she’s out of her normalcy. We aren’t “anti hinata” for the basics that she’s with our beloved Naruto. We aren’t “anti naruhina” because we want to seem like kitten people who kitten on kitten ships. We are Anti NaruHina because we dislike what it turned Naruto into.
Him claiming that his dream changed doesn’t really make us feel better either. It makes everything he worked hard for feel like a total lie. Even for Naruto, that’s painful.

Some of you are going to argue that he hasn’t changed for the worse.
If you truly believe that and stand by it, you..probably weren’t watching Naruto. Which is practical with the amount of fillers so, I can understand that. But the reason that would be unfortunate is for the fact that you probably didn’t grasp what Naruto wanted more than anything from the beginning.

Some of you are going to argue that Naruto wanted a family more than anything.
Which is true, this is not something a true fan will deny. But, what people miss is that Naruto thought of the village as his family. I understand Naruto having a family now, but with how often they animate him not being around, or disinterested in them and even his..partner, calling her a wife seems strange to me (sorry), you’d think they wouldn’t try and change the past of his to shape it around her, to boast how impractical this relationship was from the beginning. We get these moments they want us to feel like is the sunshine family but what it really makes me feel is depressed. Because if..it were genuine, it wouldn’t feel forced. They wouldn’t need an entire episode to push onto us anti’s “he loves her, can’t you tell” because if he really did, then throughout Naruto that would’ve been..shown. It’s not that we dislike Hinata. It’s not that we don’t care the kids. It’s that we care so much about who Naruto was and what he wanted to accomplish, it’s like they took it, stuffed it in our faces and then spit it out. 
If you’re honestly happy with naruto and his family and the ending then please, continue to be happy and be proud and keep that innocence your little heart desires. Im not aiming to change your opinion or anything. 
But as an anti..it just hurts. A lot. To see what it’s become of Naruto. The new generation just continues to remind me that the old naruto..is gone."

"Studio pierrot be like:
Boruto anime: Hi thanks for watching Boruto's dad go through his treacherous journey on becoming hokage, we'd like to introduce everyone to boruto's dads son--boruto!! Also we can't forget his beloved byukugan princess chunin house wife mother Hinata!! Her debut was actually during Boruto's dads journey, he called her creepy upon first appearance, but enough about boruto's mom, let's get back to the story of boruto!! Where nothing is complete, plot holes are still amist and we could use 100% more hinata!! Also we will be incorporating some crack ships like sarada's possible blood related jounin level super above average powered mother and sarada's missing but mainly just chooses not to be present father!! This story is definitely going to be a rehash of EVERYTHING we didn't conclude in boruto's dad shippuden!! If you didn't see enough pale faced villains WE GOT NEWS FOR YA!!! Remember that wedding? Wasn't that a perfect way to end boruto's dads journey of becoming hokage during a period of war? Boruto's dad sure looked proud to be marrying his number one stalker!! We don't call her stalker here though folks, we call her the neji killer--sorry, wrong script, where was I? Oh yes! Please don't forget to stay tuned to see more of boruto's dad in boruto: the most definitely original and not rehashed series anime!!!"

"Anonymous: I like how you're saying that SasuSaku shippers don't have manners but you don't have the decent to respect that some people ship other pairings than you. Also that you're agreeing with a post that calls another ship's tag "bs". Such a hypocrite.

I will never respect a pairing that’s between two characters who do not belong together and had no development (together) and stresses to many young females around the globe that if you’re into being defeminized for a man that eventually he will still treat you with no respect, dignity or worth and that they should go on to marry him and bare a child with that same man. If your argument towards me is the fact that I don’t respect the people who defend this, then my counter argument is why do you? It’s not a good pairing. Have some respect for yourself and understand that. Also, I do have manners. The Anti SasuSaku fandom respects more of you than you all have ever respected us. We present to you factual substantial evidence the characters are pitiful (together) and you all blindly defend this pairing without the notion that it makes all of you look ignorant. So if you’re telling me that it’s hypocritical to agree with a post that admits they dont support the pairing due to how illogical it is, then I’m not hypocritical, am I? 
TL;DR; I don’t respect the pairings and I don’t respect the ones who defend it. Why should I if you all don’t respect yourselves?"

"honeykittenesandoats: If you watch Boruto: Next Generations and entirely dismiss the idea that it derives from the previous generation of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, it is arguably a decent up and coming anime. I know you do not fancy the idea of watching the anime, I advise you to give the recent episodes a slim chance. It is picking up in pace, things are slowly falling into place with character introductions. An unpopular opinion in conclusion: Boruto is truthfully a decent developing anime.
what a genius observation only you left out the fact that boruto next genkittenation DOES derive from naruto / shippuden and it IS a kitten show.

i don’t actively watch the anime being as i could do literally anything else like wipe my ass with a cactus than to engage in a serious of rehashed overused kitten–the main character already has a knock off love interests between their two homosexual fathers, the series is literally slapping its own works in the absolute face. “hey you know what sounds like a good idea?” “huh? ripping off the original series by incorporating rehashed kitten but between two heterosexual characters instead and making it seem not only believable but logical?” “yeah exactly” like miss me with that.

a huge reason i don’t watch boruto though isn’t for the fact it’s “not a good show” like most of my deductive reasoning skills can absolutely negate that as my being my final/only answer. boruto as an anime/manga is rehashed, and to elaborate on that, nothing new is happening, nothing new that is interesting is happening rather. the show itself might be good but we’ve seen it before. one piece has over 1000 episodes/chapters and literally nothing has been repeated. boruto should idk take kittening notes?

i can tell you how to fix boruto with some little points;

1.) start the generations like decades and decades after naruto’s generation.
- that would fix the issue of “omg sasuke and naruto are so outta character they married these puny pathetic house kitten women and produced these copy pasted lilo and stitch animated children my god what the-” and instead turn it to “wait, this is the son of boruto whose the son of naruto” or even like twenty more names in there but basically it takes away the fact that we have anything to do with naruto anymore. why is this a good thing? because it wouldn’t create the issues we see now with naruto being out of character or sasuke..still uneasy about literally everything even his supposed marriage. it would negate all of that. how? because fifty, sixty, hundreds of years in the future with these new kids/generations, we don’t have nostalgia for the old team, we wouldn’t feel that close to them no but the series could steam of something else and get better because it’s not constantly compared to the old generation. 
- that would also make the increase in the industry and technology seem far more interesting and make far more sense than a “oh twelve years later in this era of literally a desert with some buildings we now have a train that runs to particular nokitteningwhere and all these gadgets and gizmos yet we still manage to not have kittening ARTILLERY”

2.) make the series about ANYONE ELSE
- i’m not interested for the fact it’s about this spoiled kitten brat from the leaf village. like mitsuki is a knock off toneri whose a knock off orichimaru and his background is more interesting to me. as a character boruto is in the light of his father, he’s never not gonna be compared to him. boruto could literally whip his kitten out in front of the entire class and someone’s gonna say “naruto would do that if sasuke were here” or something close to that, whatever, but you get my point. boruto is basically copy pasted naruto with leaf clover hair and unexplainable whiskers and crocs for shoes.

- if i’m being entirely honest here with the kids and the way it’s going literally everyone can do anything at this point and it’s not interesting. there isn’t any build ups, we aren’t that surprised that these baby boom kids can defeat a kager level jounin in a mere ten panels. i bet they are gonna incorporate some clan that can shoot straight up laser beams from their literal eye sockets and they are gonna rival the uchiha’s and hyuga’s for their impressive vision prowess and the fandoms gonna be like “since when the kitten did this happen, how is it possible and where did they come from” and kishimoto/ikemoto could literally verbatim say “i pulled it straight from the crevice of my literal ass cheeks” and the fandom will go wild with “such genius! much development!”
3.) re do the pairings
- need i elaborate? the story would be better/far more interesting if the pairings were you know uh..nuked.

4.) cancel the whole damn series 
- i’m praying this will happen, let my boys naruto and sasuke rest in peace on that rock. go out arms blazing and missing, we say good the kitten night once and for all.

i literally care less about how much it’s developing, improving, all that nonsense. good for boruto, hope he finds an actual original purpose rather than being a copy pasted naruto with sasuke kittening mindset of being a lone ninja or whatever even. also give sarada a real goal, one that isn’t like the goal of literally any makeshift protagonist. “oh you wanna be a hokage also..how about like..maybe a star medical ninja..or perhaps someone who opens a hospital..somewhere or literally anything else.” i mean it’s a joke. naruto became hokage as a what–a kittening genin? in real people terms the kitten didn’t even graduate middle school if we’re honest here. and now sarada an equivalent middle schooler wants the exact same dream? like at this point the writers are just like “we’re out of ideas but eh–we aren’t gonna pull a bleach on you guys” yeah well you guys might as well pull a bleach on us at this point because kitten this. i don’t knock people who like/support boruto. i mean the same people probably support/ed fairy tail and that..went down faster than titanic. so enjoy the series for everything it’s rehashing. i seriously commend you guys if you’re able to have the same passion for it a year from now. i’m gonna continue to be a wanker for MHA though."

"I can’t watch Boruto.
And I’m never going to be able to. I hear about episode reviews from my favorite youtubers and 4/5 of them discuss how terrible it is, but not for the lack of emotions and plot, it’s due to the fact that the academy children are chunin level. It doesn’t make their power ups interesting and you aren’t surprised by anything they do. Defeating jounin level ninjas with one blow as an academy student is unheard of and quite frankly it doesn’t make anything worthwhile.

It sucks seeing people praise that the new generation is surpassing the old one so quickly, so soon, so young. What is there to be proud of in that? I don’t really understand how you could praise the fact that children are this powerful due to heritage. It’s basically cheating. It’s the equivalent of why everyone disliked Sasuke due to his literal genes. Everyone who goes after him always comments how lucky he was to be born a Uchiha. He was legendary for his genes alone but that isn’t what made him a Godly ninja. He trained himself to become that strong, he was just luckily gifted with Uchiha genes, but Sasuke still trained his body to endure different change in chakra natures and learned taijutsu and adapted to different fighting styles and combat.

Boruto is using three different chakra natures when a jounin has been said to only adapt to two? The idiocy. It’s ridiculous. It’s not even about outshining the old generation anymore it’s about making the old generation look as kitten and incompetent as possible now.

People are starting to say that Boruto’s team would pass the Bell Test with flying colors in this day and age–do any of you realize that Bell Test was revolutionary for not only team work but hard work? kitten would it look like having these twelve year olds basically slit their sensei’s neck to retrieve bells in this day and age? The old Naruto had feeling because they worked hard for every achievement and teamwork aside, they used what little knowledge and training they had. The Next Generation kids seem to be able to snap their fingers and hurricanes and tsnuamis happen. A child that’s half a Hyuuga can use a gentle fist better than his own mother at her age and she’s full blooded Hyuuga. Also on top of that let’s not forget that Boruto hasn’t trained for that technique, he’s just gifted, as they say. They are comparing the Jougan to Naruto’s Kyuubi–what even? First of all a jinchuuriki and special prowess are not and never will be in the same realm.

This show continues to anger me as it goes on. It’s utter trash. Also not to mention the villains are weak minded as hell. Everything is being rehashed and in the worst possible way, too. It’s not interesting, there are no build ups only cliff hangers because they manage to work you up for an entire episode of just dialogue only just when things are about to somewhat hold your attention the episode ends (I see they are taking points from DBZ with that set up) but it makes the fights less anticipated and worthwhile.

I’m just really so sick of people praising that the new generation is surpassing the old with flying colors. It’s because they aren’t working to achieve jack kitten, these kids are being handed jounin and kage level powers due to their familial ties and it’s not kittening fair and it’s so disrespectful to the old generations because it negates the saying “hard work takes training to achieve greatness” and makes it “if you’re born an Uzumaki and Hyuuga in some asspull universe you’re going to master Gentle Fist” and it’s utterly kittening pitiful.

If you have any respect for Naruto or Team 7 don’t compare them to these genkittenation. They earned their titles. Well dismissing the War Arc. But up until then, they worked hard to get there. With their own powers, hard work and training."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 January 2018 - 02:21 AM.

#1982 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

This was freaking epic. Of course people are going to be upset when you assassinate the characters of your main characters. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura all got screwed over in the end, no matter how much people want to pretend otherwise.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#1983 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

My favorite outlandish lie that Kishimoto spoke was when he admitted he could not write romance—but Naruto was a series he wrote about the essence of the budding relationship between Naruto Uzumaki and Hinata Hyuuga

Wait—excuse me? But Kishimoto, you just said you are not very good at writing romance. My god..so why did you aim to write a romance story if you cannot write romance? Is it because…that isn’t what Naruto was about, perhaps?
It’s the way that the authors intended dream for the protagonist became so undermined that he had to change his entire wording in order to make us believe that..it made sense. Yeah..believe it! Get this: Naruto Uzumaki an orphaned Konoha resident is ostracized due to harboring a demonic beast within him that wreaked havoc on the village years prior. Despite the sour looks and disdain of others, he perseveres on the journey to becoming Hoka—marrying Hinata Hyuuga.
How kittened up would that make you feel? An average reader in the beginning would not derive that kitten notion upon first picking that manga up. Could you imagine Masashi Kishimoto using that as his pitch? They’d throw him out the door quicker than Rock Lee’s downfall of being a relevant character.
It’s the way that the own creator contradicts himself with his own wording. Stating he could not write romance and goes on to develop multiple—mutual—ships that take a back seat to underdeveloped asspull pairings.

This part right here is my favorite and it expresses everything I hate about Naruto now. We were to believe that the story of Naruto was about Naruto Uzumaki as he faces a corrupt systems and changes it using what he knows and doing the right thing.

Instead we get..."Naruto: The manga how Hinata Hyuga got what she wanted."

Seriously? kitten.

I’m just really so sick of people praising that the new generation is surpassing the old with flying colors. It’s because they aren’t working to achieve jack kitten, these kids are being handed jounin and kage level powers due to their familial ties and it’s not kittening fair and it’s so disrespectful to the old generations because it negates the saying “hard work takes training to achieve greatness” and makes it “if you’re born an Uzumaki and Hyuuga in some asspull universe you’re going to master Gentle Fist” and it’s utterly kittening pitiful.

This one is also true.

It's one thing for the new generation to surpass the old one...it's another when they surpass because they are handed everything on a silver platter. In the beginning Naruto was supposed to be how hard work and not genes or special privledge warrents true power and control, but here in Boruto they are just giving everything and they know everything as soon as they see something once or being told of it.

It is utterly ridiculous and stupid. This is why Boruto sucks. I hate when people tell me to watch it because "the anime looks good" or the "fighting is top notch," but what of the story? Are you telling me that the story is so unimportant that flashy fights is all that matters? God, not even Dragonball Z is this bad and it is purposely made this way.

And people say Superman has bad writing in it because "he is OP." Well, of course he is OP, look at what he has to fight: beings just as OP to begin with.

Superman is not okay because is OP, but apparently Boruto is great because he is OP.

In the words of Saitama: "Ok"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 14 January 2018 - 09:17 PM.

I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1984 ultranx

ultranx

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

I'd say its not superman being op that's the problem, its that he's so op he's unbeatable, makes it a little boring to some people. superman and dbz are still better than boruto though, boruto is just dumb.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#1985 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Any anime is better than Boruto even Sword Art online. I don't mind the fake harem because Kirito is only together with Asuna.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1986 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

The best Superman stories involve putting him into Kobayashi Maru situations or have him dealing with heavy issues like his own mortality. This doesn't translate that well to the big screen for him, since people just view him as the big blue boyscout who can curbstomp any threat. They don't view him like they do Batman, they just see someone who is meant to be a paragon not living up to that image.

iSP2FNe.png

#1987 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 AM

This part right here is my favorite and it expresses everything I hate about Naruto now. We were to believe that the story of Naruto was about Naruto Uzumaki as he faces a corrupt systems and changes it using what he knows and doing the right thing.
Instead we get..."Naruto: The manga how Hinata Hyuga got what she wanted."
Seriously? kitten.

This one is also true.
It's one thing for the new generation to surpass the old one...it's another when they surpass because they are handed everything on a silver platter. In the beginning Naruto was supposed to be how hard work and not genes or special privledge warrents true power and control, but here in Boruto they are just giving everything and they know everything as soon as they see something once or being told of it.
It is utterly ridiculous and stupid. This is why Boruto sucks. I hate when people tell me to watch it because "the anime looks good" or the "fighting is top notch," but what of the story? Are you telling me that the story is so unimportant that flashy fights is all that matters? God, not even Dragonball Z is this bad and it is purposely made this way.
And people say Superman has bad writing in it because "he is OP." Well, of course he is OP, look at what he has to fight: beings just as OP to begin with.
Superman is not okay because is OP, but apparently Boruto is great because he is OP.
In the words of Saitama: "Ok"

Darkseid, doomsday, zodiac, brainac ya you need to be op to deal with them something naruto can't do let alone sasuke or hinata.

#1988 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

Darkness within Light

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 AM

I like to have what's on the post in case the writer deletes it.

I agree with most of what they say. But I don't think kishimoto was that involved in the writing of the light novels (other then the cover page.) Even by that point he was already done with the Franchise, and Shueisha had to get a good half a dozen of their light novelist to quickly write one each. So they could quickly shotgun the series out as fast as possible after the ending. As for the gaiden; again, the point of the gaiden was to make a manga with a female lead to prove he wasn't sexist, and probably lash out at the ending that ruined his reputation.

Edit got bored and read through their anti-boruto posts here are some other good posts by this person:

"Anonymous: Pro SK: Do you support the theory that Sarada is Karen's daughter actually?

So being pro SK for me I actually entertain both suigetsu/karin and sasuke/karin, both to me are pretty decent. 
However about the Sarada being Karin’s daughter theory i think is a really fun way of interpreting her character. Especially cause Kishimoto left the manga open ended.

The reason I say that is because Sarada as just a Uchiha bores me. She’s the supposed daughter of sakura and sasuke the lone uchiha, and that in itself doesn’t intrigue me. Why, you ask? Because of the Sakura mess. I like Sakura as a character, just to be clear. I despise sakura and sasuke’s relationship though but that’s not why I mainly dislike Sarada. I feel like Sarada has issues that doesn’t make her character prevail. Her mother acts worthless around her chooses to be missing father and sarada’s only opinion on him is that she’s connected to him for the sheer fact that..she exists…..
Doesn’t do it for me. She goes through her whole arc being livid at the fact that her mother doesn’t tell her a single thing about her own father and even worse proves to not know pretty much anything about him, her house is shattered to shambles, she finds that ironic photo of her teenage father and the woman with the glasses in the rubble and sets out on a journey to find her father and when she does he damn near strangled her after pointing his sword at her, then to have her mother be kidnapped by a lookalike deadpool and then they hadda rescue her only to be told by sasuke that when she asked about the marital status between him and sakura he says that they are connected…because she exists? Like in the real world that..just doesn’t make sense? And even when you really think about it, that’s really pathetic. Also, dismissing that this “isn’t the real world” the whole logic behind it was so..flat. Sarada then forgives him after the poke on the forehead and all is well? I feel like she should’ve been a little more resentful towards the fact that he’s never around? Never bothers to contact them? Doesn’t even..kiss her supposed mother? Like dismissing the whole “that’s just not sasuke’s character” kitten, sasuke knows how to show genuine affection or to at least acknowledge it. The conclusion of gaiden proved first and foremost that sasuke..isn’t even connected to them even with sarada existing. Her character bores me, especially with how easily she forgives him. If you’re gonna use the daddy issues thing, then make it prevalent. I mean edward elric despised his father and even at the end when he saved them after the truth was revealed edward doesn’t exactly forgive hohenheim, because he has every right to be angry at his father for leaving them. He understands him but edward doesn’t really forgive him. And that’s what makes his character (to me) feel far more relatable and deeper. Sarada just..forgets that Sasuke has been missing (by choice) for twelve years and her mother is just..okay with her father not being around?
I despise this. I dislike that sakura was such a dumb ass that she brought a child into the world by a man that’s never shown any sort of interest in her. It’s even in a hidden novel that she chased him because she didn’t take no for an answer, just what the ever loving kitten lol. Sarada as a uchiha just suffers and it’s because of sakura. Nothing about their family is mended at the end of gaiden, hell sasuke couldn’t wait to dip again. What makes it even worse is that everyone uses his mission as an excuse to be away just to make sakura being a single mother noble when it’s mentioned by naruto (IN BORUTO BECAUSE I FINALLY WATCHED IT) three times that sasuke can VISIT home, it wouldn’t HURT to just stop by and say HELLO. To acknowledge his FAMILY. But he doesn’t do this and it goes back to the fact that he doesn’t want to. Which makes sarada’s character that much more pathetic to me..he hates sakura so much that he avoids his own child which is a spitting image of her. i can’t deal with that.

BUT IF SARADA IS ACTUALLY AN UZUMAKI LOOK HOW MUCH MORE INTERESTING HER CHARACTER BECOMES;
Because sasuke doesn’t want to reside in the leaf due to the enteral and everlasting threat of kaguya existing, he wanders aimlessly around the outskirts of konoha. throughout his journey he encounters Karin who still works for Orichmaru alongside Suigetsu who is staying true to his pursuit of the seven ninja swords of the hidden mist village. and jyuugo whose..ambition was never made clear BUT SO sasuke decides he has to procreate in order to revive the clan, and he entrusts Karin with the task of bearing his offspring. Soon after impregnating her he tells her that Orichimaru can’t find out about the pregnancy due to the fact he would want to experiment on the child because of the uchiha mixed blood, Sakura then comes along looking for some kitten and thirsting after Sasuke who politely declines her advancements, stating to her that as an aspiring medical ninja the last thing she needs to focus on is childhood lust. sakura takes his advice, but wants to accompany him on his journey. politely he rejects this offer as well but decides to take her to his hideout with karin. There, Karin gives birth to Sarada. Sarada is raised in captivity with Sasuke and Karin for two years without being detected. Suigetsu soon can’t keep his mouth shut and tells Orichimaru that a child has been harbored in his hideout without his knowledge. Intrigued, he goes to investigate but Sasuke overhears Suigetsu panicking and picks up on the fact he’s ratted them out. Sasuke then tells Karin that the best thing they can do is turn Sarada over to Sakura in the leaf village where she cannot be detected or pursued by Orichimaru or anyone else. Sasuke entrusts Sarada into the capable care of Sakura, who he deeply trusts as beloved comrade. He understands more than anyone that she can raise Sarada perfectly, without fearing of her ever being in danger. This gives Sasuke all the more reason to protect Konoha, for the mere fact that his child resides there with her make believe mother. As Sarada grows older, Sakura who has sworn to Sasuke to keep his existence, mission and duties a secret, doesn’t tell Sarada anything regarding her heritage for her sole protection. Sarada has distinct hazy memories of her father as a baby, but cannot distinguish them between dreams or reality. In truth her memories are from when she was raised by his side with Karin in the secret hideout, but after her illness and needing to be given glasses, her memories fog over and she soon starts forgetting her own father and precious memories. When she is finally reunited with him, Sakura informs him after all those years she kept his promise to him on keeping his daughter safe and sound and keeping as much information from her as possible. To Sakura’s surprise, Sasuke thanks her. In means of keeping Karin a secret for the fact she works directly under Orichimaru, he informs her that he is connected to her through Sakura and by this he means that as long as Sakura keeps her safe, he will always be with her. Sarada being young by not naive, with a smile, accepts this wholeheartedly.

I also would just like to add that this would make Mitsuki’s introduction far more intriguing if his focus was on getting closer to Sarada, for mere experimentation purposes. We all know that Mitsuki is an escaped clone of Orichimaru’s but we also learn that Orichimaru accepts the rogue ideals of Mitsuki’s divided ambitions. However, being as he is still an experiment of Orichimaru’s and being raised in one of his hideouts he learns extensive knowledge of the Uchiha’s and Uzumaki’s with their honorable prowess and chakra abilities. He takes interest in Orichimaru’s motivation to obtain uchiha and uzumaki genes/blood. After escaping and meeting Boruto, his interest peaks. But then he encounters Sarada, realizing she’s the perfect vessel for Orichimaru to experiment on because she’s a mix of both notable clans.
See why that storyline is much more interesting? Now that’s a character I can grow with."

"NaruHina -

1.) “Anti’s hate naruto and his family, they are all a bunch of dense kittens” (reworded, however I’m sure that’s what you all probably say about us and if not then give yourself a cookie from me to you)

I would like to clarify that we have no qualms with Naruto’s family. In fact, us anti’s care very little if at all for his family. If you want to know why then something very vital to understand is that most of us don’t really care much for any of the families in this fandom, we watch for plot development and story progression.

We dislike NaruHina because it changed Naruto as we knew, loved and grew up with. We blame it on Hinata and Studio Pierrot, however most of us are just so disgusted in general with the way Kishimoto presented this trash pairing to us..after everything. Naruto’s massive dream was to become the hokage and rescue his friends, save the world, insert more heroic speeches of main characters from battle mangas here and to make this relationship practical they are trying their hardest to sugarcoat every little thing, even making Hinata way out of character, as if she ever had much character development from the start, it must be terrible if even she’s out of her normalcy. We aren’t “anti hinata” for the basics that she’s with our beloved Naruto. We aren’t “anti naruhina” because we want to seem like kitten people who kitten on kitten ships. We are Anti NaruHina because we dislike what it turned Naruto into.
Him claiming that his dream changed doesn’t really make us feel better either. It makes everything he worked hard for feel like a total lie. Even for Naruto, that’s painful.

Some of you are going to argue that he hasn’t changed for the worse.
If you truly believe that and stand by it, you..probably weren’t watching Naruto. Which is practical with the amount of fillers so, I can understand that. But the reason that would be unfortunate is for the fact that you probably didn’t grasp what Naruto wanted more than anything from the beginning.

Some of you are going to argue that Naruto wanted a family more than anything.
Which is true, this is not something a true fan will deny. But, what people miss is that Naruto thought of the village as his family. I understand Naruto having a family now, but with how often they animate him not being around, or disinterested in them and even his..partner, calling her a wife seems strange to me (sorry), you’d think they wouldn’t try and change the past of his to shape it around her, to boast how impractical this relationship was from the beginning. We get these moments they want us to feel like is the sunshine family but what it really makes me feel is depressed. Because if..it were genuine, it wouldn’t feel forced. They wouldn’t need an entire episode to push onto us anti’s “he loves her, can’t you tell” because if he really did, then throughout Naruto that would’ve been..shown. It’s not that we dislike Hinata. It’s not that we don’t care the kids. It’s that we care so much about who Naruto was and what he wanted to accomplish, it’s like they took it, stuffed it in our faces and then spit it out. 
If you’re honestly happy with naruto and his family and the ending then please, continue to be happy and be proud and keep that innocence your little heart desires. Im not aiming to change your opinion or anything. 
But as an anti..it just hurts. A lot. To see what it’s become of Naruto. The new generation just continues to remind me that the old naruto..is gone."

"Studio pierrot be like:
Boruto anime: Hi thanks for watching Boruto's dad go through his treacherous journey on becoming hokage, we'd like to introduce everyone to boruto's dads son--boruto!! Also we can't forget his beloved byukugan princess chunin house wife mother Hinata!! Her debut was actually during Boruto's dads journey, he called her creepy upon first appearance, but enough about boruto's mom, let's get back to the story of boruto!! Where nothing is complete, plot holes are still amist and we could use 100% more hinata!! Also we will be incorporating some crack ships like sarada's possible blood related jounin level super above average powered mother and sarada's missing but mainly just chooses not to be present father!! This story is definitely going to be a rehash of EVERYTHING we didn't conclude in boruto's dad shippuden!! If you didn't see enough pale faced villains WE GOT NEWS FOR YA!!! Remember that wedding? Wasn't that a perfect way to end boruto's dads journey of becoming hokage during a period of war? Boruto's dad sure looked proud to be marrying his number one stalker!! We don't call her stalker here though folks, we call her the neji killer--sorry, wrong script, where was I? Oh yes! Please don't forget to stay tuned to see more of boruto's dad in boruto: the most definitely original and not rehashed series anime!!!"

"Anonymous: I like how you're saying that SasuSaku shippers don't have manners but you don't have the decent to respect that some people ship other pairings than you. Also that you're agreeing with a post that calls another ship's tag "bs". Such a hypocrite.

I will never respect a pairing that’s between two characters who do not belong together and had no development (together) and stresses to many young females around the globe that if you’re into being defeminized for a man that eventually he will still treat you with no respect, dignity or worth and that they should go on to marry him and bare a child with that same man. If your argument towards me is the fact that I don’t respect the people who defend this, then my counter argument is why do you? It’s not a good pairing. Have some respect for yourself and understand that. Also, I do have manners. The Anti SasuSaku fandom respects more of you than you all have ever respected us. We present to you factual substantial evidence the characters are pitiful (together) and you all blindly defend this pairing without the notion that it makes all of you look ignorant. So if you’re telling me that it’s hypocritical to agree with a post that admits they dont support the pairing due to how illogical it is, then I’m not hypocritical, am I? 
TL;DR; I don’t respect the pairings and I don’t respect the ones who defend it. Why should I if you all don’t respect yourselves?"

"honeykittenesandoats: If you watch Boruto: Next Generations and entirely dismiss the idea that it derives from the previous generation of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, it is arguably a decent up and coming anime. I know you do not fancy the idea of watching the anime, I advise you to give the recent episodes a slim chance. It is picking up in pace, things are slowly falling into place with character introductions. An unpopular opinion in conclusion: Boruto is truthfully a decent developing anime.
what a genius observation only you left out the fact that boruto next genkittenation DOES derive from naruto / shippuden and it IS a kitten show.

i don’t actively watch the anime being as i could do literally anything else like wipe my ass with a cactus than to engage in a serious of rehashed overused kitten–the main character already has a knock off love interests between their two homosexual fathers, the series is literally slapping its own works in the absolute face. “hey you know what sounds like a good idea?” “huh? ripping off the original series by incorporating rehashed kitten but between two heterosexual characters instead and making it seem not only believable but logical?” “yeah exactly” like miss me with that.

a huge reason i don’t watch boruto though isn’t for the fact it’s “not a good show” like most of my deductive reasoning skills can absolutely negate that as my being my final/only answer. boruto as an anime/manga is rehashed, and to elaborate on that, nothing new is happening, nothing new that is interesting is happening rather. the show itself might be good but we’ve seen it before. one piece has over 1000 episodes/chapters and literally nothing has been repeated. boruto should idk take kittening notes?

i can tell you how to fix boruto with some little points;

1.) start the generations like decades and decades after naruto’s generation.
- that would fix the issue of “omg sasuke and naruto are so outta character they married these puny pathetic house kitten women and produced these copy pasted lilo and stitch animated children my god what the-” and instead turn it to “wait, this is the son of boruto whose the son of naruto” or even like twenty more names in there but basically it takes away the fact that we have anything to do with naruto anymore. why is this a good thing? because it wouldn’t create the issues we see now with naruto being out of character or sasuke..still uneasy about literally everything even his supposed marriage. it would negate all of that. how? because fifty, sixty, hundreds of years in the future with these new kids/generations, we don’t have nostalgia for the old team, we wouldn’t feel that close to them no but the series could steam of something else and get better because it’s not constantly compared to the old generation. 
- that would also make the increase in the industry and technology seem far more interesting and make far more sense than a “oh twelve years later in this era of literally a desert with some buildings we now have a train that runs to particular nokitteningwhere and all these gadgets and gizmos yet we still manage to not have kittening ARTILLERY”

2.) make the series about ANYONE ELSE
- i’m not interested for the fact it’s about this spoiled kitten brat from the leaf village. like mitsuki is a knock off toneri whose a knock off orichimaru and his background is more interesting to me. as a character boruto is in the light of his father, he’s never not gonna be compared to him. boruto could literally whip his kitten out in front of the entire class and someone’s gonna say “naruto would do that if sasuke were here” or something close to that, whatever, but you get my point. boruto is basically copy pasted naruto with leaf clover hair and unexplainable whiskers and crocs for shoes.

- if i’m being entirely honest here with the kids and the way it’s going literally everyone can do anything at this point and it’s not interesting. there isn’t any build ups, we aren’t that surprised that these baby boom kids can defeat a kager level jounin in a mere ten panels. i bet they are gonna incorporate some clan that can shoot straight up laser beams from their literal eye sockets and they are gonna rival the uchiha’s and hyuga’s for their impressive vision prowess and the fandoms gonna be like “since when the kitten did this happen, how is it possible and where did they come from” and kishimoto/ikemoto could literally verbatim say “i pulled it straight from the crevice of my literal ass cheeks” and the fandom will go wild with “such genius! much development!”
3.) re do the pairings
- need i elaborate? the story would be better/far more interesting if the pairings were you know uh..nuked.

4.) cancel the whole damn series 
- i’m praying this will happen, let my boys naruto and sasuke rest in peace on that rock. go out arms blazing and missing, we say good the kitten night once and for all.

i literally care less about how much it’s developing, improving, all that nonsense. good for boruto, hope he finds an actual original purpose rather than being a copy pasted naruto with sasuke kittening mindset of being a lone ninja or whatever even. also give sarada a real goal, one that isn’t like the goal of literally any makeshift protagonist. “oh you wanna be a hokage also..how about like..maybe a star medical ninja..or perhaps someone who opens a hospital..somewhere or literally anything else.” i mean it’s a joke. naruto became hokage as a what–a kittening genin? in real people terms the kitten didn’t even graduate middle school if we’re honest here. and now sarada an equivalent middle schooler wants the exact same dream? like at this point the writers are just like “we’re out of ideas but eh–we aren’t gonna pull a bleach on you guys” yeah well you guys might as well pull a bleach on us at this point because kitten this. i don’t knock people who like/support boruto. i mean the same people probably support/ed fairy tail and that..went down faster than titanic. so enjoy the series for everything it’s rehashing. i seriously commend you guys if you’re able to have the same passion for it a year from now. i’m gonna continue to be a wanker for MHA though."

"I can’t watch Boruto.
And I’m never going to be able to. I hear about episode reviews from my favorite youtubers and 4/5 of them discuss how terrible it is, but not for the lack of emotions and plot, it’s due to the fact that the academy children are chunin level. It doesn’t make their power ups interesting and you aren’t surprised by anything they do. Defeating jounin level ninjas with one blow as an academy student is unheard of and quite frankly it doesn’t make anything worthwhile.

It sucks seeing people praise that the new generation is surpassing the old one so quickly, so soon, so young. What is there to be proud of in that? I don’t really understand how you could praise the fact that children are this powerful due to heritage. It’s basically cheating. It’s the equivalent of why everyone disliked Sasuke due to his literal genes. Everyone who goes after him always comments how lucky he was to be born a Uchiha. He was legendary for his genes alone but that isn’t what made him a Godly ninja. He trained himself to become that strong, he was just luckily gifted with Uchiha genes, but Sasuke still trained his body to endure different change in chakra natures and learned taijutsu and adapted to different fighting styles and combat.

Boruto is using three different chakra natures when a jounin has been said to only adapt to two? The idiocy. It’s ridiculous. It’s not even about outshining the old generation anymore it’s about making the old generation look as kitten and incompetent as possible now.

People are starting to say that Boruto’s team would pass the Bell Test with flying colors in this day and age–do any of you realize that Bell Test was revolutionary for not only team work but hard work? kitten would it look like having these twelve year olds basically slit their sensei’s neck to retrieve bells in this day and age? The old Naruto had feeling because they worked hard for every achievement and teamwork aside, they used what little knowledge and training they had. The Next Generation kids seem to be able to snap their fingers and hurricanes and tsnuamis happen. A child that’s half a Hyuuga can use a gentle fist better than his own mother at her age and she’s full blooded Hyuuga. Also on top of that let’s not forget that Boruto hasn’t trained for that technique, he’s just gifted, as they say. They are comparing the Jougan to Naruto’s Kyuubi–what even? First of all a jinchuuriki and special prowess are not and never will be in the same realm.

This show continues to anger me as it goes on. It’s utter trash. Also not to mention the villains are weak minded as hell. Everything is being rehashed and in the worst possible way, too. It’s not interesting, there are no build ups only cliff hangers because they manage to work you up for an entire episode of just dialogue only just when things are about to somewhat hold your attention the episode ends (I see they are taking points from DBZ with that set up) but it makes the fights less anticipated and worthwhile.

If you have any respect for Naruto or Team 7 don’t compare them to these genkittenation. They earned their titles. Well dismissing the War Arc. But up until then, they worked hard to get there. With their own powers, hard work and training."

I agree with this poster's points save for that jab at Fairy Tail because even with its problems, it's still a far better anime than Boruto and the author isn't a spineless kitten who kittens all over his characters and story.

Edited by Kagomaru, Yesterday, 04:04 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1989 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 AM

I agree with this poster's points save for that jab at Fairy Tail because even with its problems, it's still a far better anime than Boruto and the author isn't a spineless kitten who kittens all over his characters and story.

Ya Hiro is a better writer than kishi and who ever is doing the bolt crap, seriously the relationship in fairy tail were so much better than naruto's forced pairings.

#1990 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Ya Hiro is a better writer than kishi and who ever is doing the bolt crap, seriously the relationship in fairy tail were so much better than naruto's forced pairings.

ANY mangaka is better than Kishimoto.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1991 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:37 PM

Woah woah, no one's worse than Hiro Mashima. At least Kishimoto gave us SOME good stuff and somewhat of a good plot.

#1992 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 PM

I'd say its not superman being op that's the problem, its that he's so op he's unbeatable, makes it a little boring to some people. superman and dbz are still better than boruto though, boruto is just dumb.

It's only boring to them because they want every hero to be like Goku. Always struggles, has to train for every little bit of power he gets only to get beaten either way.

If that is a measure to how to write a good hero, then I guess Batman beats them all. No powers just tons of money and gadgets. Goku is OP compared to Batman so I guess Batman is king, but here is the thing...in a world where Superman has to fight, doesn't that make Batman the most OP hero ever? He has survived things that 99% of human beings could never survive. He can take punches from Darkseid apparently without a scratch...maybe a bruise or two...and people always says he has a "plan" for everything. Well, if the plans work 100% of the time and he can take punches from Darkseid without powers and just being a regular human...then Batman is the most OP superhero ever. Armor protects only so much, but plot armor protects against everything.

If we want to talk about unbeatable, isn't that every hero eventually? One Punch Man even lampshades this with a guy names Garou who thinks hero are BS and the villains are human too. The villains have dreams and goals and he sides with them because they are just as committed to a cause as the heroes are, but they always lose because they are the "bad guy." So he went on to become a monster because humans are stupid to him.

I hate this argument that "Superman is boring because he is OP" because while being OP can be a hit or miss, it does not mean he doesn't face problems that challenge him. It's just not a power struggle. See, Superman's powers are unlimited, but not his options. Not every problem is solved by punching it, not every problem is solved by just disintegrating it with heat vision. There are some moments where Superman has no powers and he is still the hero we needed him to be. He is still the Superman because it is not the powers...it's the man or woman behind them. People who say Superman is boring usually have never read a Superman comic before. Even with unlimited potential, Superman still had to learn to use that portantial. He had to learn to fly, fight, and many other things. He had to learn to accept so much and to be fair. To stand up and say "I could easily kill you right now, but I won't because that is not what heroes do. I just want to change you for the better. I will not hesitate to fight, but I will give you a chance to give up these evil ways and be better. It is not I who will shape the world, but you...."

Look at how he faces opponents who can take those punches he hits with. Violence itself does not always solve the problem so he finds more clever ways to deal with the issue.

Every time someone says "Superman is boring" it usually means that they have never read any Superman comic ever. I ask people this when they say Superman is OP and they say they don't. So I mean, how can you say he is boring when you never read anything of his content? Read some Superman comics and you will see how Superman struggles in other ways besides powers. Watch Superman vs the Elite that is based on a comic and you will see how Superman faces problems. This is why I just can't accept people hating Superman because "He is OP." If you don't like Superman because you don't like his style of comics, then I can understand. I get bored with Batman comics all the time, but I would never say Batman sucks because "He always struggles. He is never on top" especially if I never read anyof the comics.

And if being OP is boring, then why do people like Saitama? Because he is a satire? Well, the funny thing about One Punch Man is that it is far more real than any other hero manga with the hero being strong. Heck, Saitama is more profound than Goku who only fights for the sake of fighting. He just so happens to save the world in the process. I bring this up because of look at when Goku got the premonition about the Androids and knew they were coming and were going to kill people...and he did nothing. "They didn't do anything wrong yet and I want a good fight." Well, but they still can be stopped and not everything has to be about fighting you know. This is where Goku fails as a hero. Superman meanwhile is stopping mere burgerlars and saving kittens from a tree. Saitama even does that too, but at times even he questions what being a hero truly means. In parts of the One Punch Man story, Saitama questions whether or not the fight is even worth it. Can you be a hero if all you care about is getting a good fight? Questions I kind of wish Goku would go for.

Heck, ever see Goku save a suicide jumper? Saitama and Superman have. They even stopped the person from having suicide thoughts by expressing how much they matter in this world. Saitama was a bit more unorthadox because he told the guy "If you ever want to be saved from suicide, just try to jump off the roof I am sitting on." He made it seem like the guy made the choice to want to be saved. To have hope again. Superman is the same way. I can give you such a heart moving moment of Superman just saving a girl who lost everything and just wanted to die with Superman standing there waiting for her to start. He didn't try to force his views on her...he just wanted to help her by letting her talk and she hugs Superman for all of it. This is why Superman is my favorite hero because no amount of power can define you. It's your heart.

The reason why I bring all of this up is because look at Boruto and his apparent OPness in that he knows every solution and can solve every problem with ease. To what end? What is the writer trying to show? It seems like the only purpose to this is that Boruto is having a kitten measuring contest with his father. "I bet I can make mine bigger." No, you can't, Boruto. You can't because you are not facing the same problems that Naruto has. Your best friend didn't run away because their family was killed, you are not shunned because you are a jinchuuriki, and you definitly aren't seen as the class reject like Naruto was. You are overcoming nothing and yet you are given every power under the sun because "You're the son of a Uzumaki and a Hyuga."

Superman struggles with morality and whether or not how he can use his powers for good AND not have people expect him to solve all of their problems. He said so himself that he is there to solve the problems that are too big for humanity to face right now and he wants to do it in ways that don't just invovle nuking it from orbit.
Saitama struggles with morals of a hero. He wonders whether he fights for the sake of fighting or fighting to be a savior of the people. Yeah, he wants a good fight, but lately he is questioning everything even himself. What does it mean to truly be a hero?
Goku at struggles with his weakness. His flaws and his short comings. He doesn't so much moral struggles, but he does power struggle and it still can be a real thing.

Boruto doesn't struggle at all. His only opposition is "Daddy doesn't love me and give me attention." Wow, so Boruto is basically the Trunks of the Naruto Universe. Boring. I mean, even OP superheroes can inspire and Boruto does not. Boruto has no motive. He is a selfish, spoiled, brat and we have to watch over and over of him easily getting his way and whining

See, I am going to use Cell from TFS because it strikes home: Imagine Cell to Boruto.

Boruto...anyone can do what you are doing....what are you going to offer different that noone else has seen? You can't, because you are a horrible person, a horrible hero, and a horrible creation, but that's what you get when writers cared more about fullfilling their sexual fantasies than actually writing a story. All of us here can write a Shinachiku story better than this. Heck, Salad's story and struggles is more indepth than Boruto's and I don't care about Salad at all.

"Look at me, I'm Boruto, please love me dad."

The best Superman stories involve putting him into Kobayashi Maru situations or have him dealing with heavy issues like his own mortality. This doesn't translate that well to the big screen for him, since people just view him as the big blue boyscout who can curbstomp any threat. They don't view him like they do Batman, they just see someone who is meant to be a paragon not living up to that image.

But wouldn't that problem be with the people and not the movie itself? Man of Steel was amazing, but people cared too much about how Superman is nothing like his comic book version and how he doesn't kill people. Superman has killed people and he has made those kinds of choices before because he was young, reckless, and stupid. After the first time he did, he made a vow to never kill again. The scene every hates the most in Man of Steel is the scene that is probably the most well written. Even Nostalgia Critic admitted that scene is not given enough credit. So Superman is not the problem, it is the viewers who want everyone to be like Goku and Batman. Struggle with everything and be edgy.

"My father believed that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me. He insisted that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?"

It rings so true. The world is not ready for Superman because they are too scared of the concept. They are too scared of a hero actually being a hero. This is true when every single time something occurs, every time a hero may pop up, society discriminates them and bashes them. Find one little issues and they gets black listed. "Oh look, this hero just saved a bus load of kids, but he smokes pot...that means he is evil." You can't tell me this is not the case when I see it everyday.

We live in a world where people love misery and not hope. We say we want love and yet all we showcase is violence and hate. If people truly want love, then they need to start believing in love and not just command the death of someone or jail time because your feelings were hurt. That was the whole point of Batman v Superman. Superman was the hero the world needed and Batman society that feared him because of misconception. Because of fear. Batman is always afraid. He is always afraid of things he cannot control and Superman can obtain tons of control, but he doesn't want it. He just wants to be apart of this world and people are too busy worrying about things. Superman only now shows his face and what he can do and people become afraid. Meanwhile, they don't realize that he has been on this planet for 40 years and he didn't do anything even when he could. So how can he be a bad guy? He can take over hte planet anytime he wants, but he chooses not to because he believes in something more than just power.

If anything, DC is more in tune with reality than people realize. Their movies are showcasing the darker tones of reality and how much a scared little species we humans are. As Joker said "When the chips are down, these "civilized people", will eat each other and we do. We just hate each other so much and want to be better. I really have to wonder if the DC are just ahead of the curve on this one. Marvel is using more of the fantasy route and while it is fun, it completely unrealistic. Comic books...well, these heroes are meant to inspire and to make us better, but people don't care anymore.

Boruto is just one of those stories. Not inspiring, just one big fanfiction by writers and artist who care more about "the sexual conquest of Hinata" rather than the point of it all.

Woah woah, no one's worse than Hiro Mashima. At least Kishimoto gave us SOME good stuff and somewhat of a good plot.

hmm....I find that Hiro Mashima is great with character development, but poor with conflict stories. It's hard for him to make the plot engaging, but the characters are amazing.

Kishimoto is the opposite. He can't write characters for squat, but the plots have potential. Too Bad he never followed through with that potential.

I still say Hiro Mashima is a better writer because at least he tried and failed, but Kishimoto just failed and gave up.

Edited by James S Cassidy, Yesterday, 05:48 PM.

I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1993 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,534 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

So did Hiro Mashima :smile: Fairy Tail started off Great and the overarching plot was actually pretty interesting, it only became an  a-pull fest about half way through. In fact, it is actually Rave Master that is a true testament to his writing ability more than Fairy Tail as I hear it.

Plus LET US NOT FORGET, Mashima did not "give up" on his series and let another writer or an entire  company for that mater kitten on it :no: He ended his series the way  he WANTED to end it, so yes Masashi Kishimoto is still THE WORST 

Edited by Phantom_999, Yesterday, 08:35 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1994 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

Darkness within Light

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:20 PM

So did Hiro Mashima :smile: Fairy Tail started off Great and the overarching plot was actually pretty interesting, it only became an  a-pull fest about half way through. In fact it is actually Rave Master that is a true testament to his writing ability more than Fairy Tail as I hear it.

Plus LET US NOT FORGET, Mashima did not "give up" on his series and let another writer or an entire  company for that mater kitten on it :no: He ended his series the way  he WANTED to end it, so yes Masashi Kishimoto is still THE WORST 

Mashima also didn't make excuses or misled his fans either as he flat-out told his fans last year that he improvised the final arc of Fairy Tail. Even a couple of years ago, he admitted that when it came to Fairy Tail, he didn't put as much effort into its plot development as he did with Rave Master, which is his magnum opus. He's always been honest with his fans and that's one of the reasons why he's so respected, even when Fairy Tail's quality took a hit.  And unlike Kishimoto, he didn't allow his fanbase to become a writhing cesspool before or after it ended. In fact,  he is pretty involved with his fandom on Twitter, even breaking up pairing wars that have broken out.

And I think it goes without saying that even with his love of fanservice, he didn't marginalize his female characters.

And I look forward to seeing what his new project is, whether it's on the level of Rave Master or at least an improved Fairy Tail in terms of quality.  Whereas I have no confidence in  Kishimoto's sci-fi manga nor any desire to see it.

Edited by Kagomaru, Yesterday, 08:37 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1995 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

Mashima asides from being a better author than Kishimoto he at least loves and respects the fans while I highly doubt Kishi does. 

Edited by Gravenimage, Yesterday, 09:38 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1996 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

(Ugh)

When I really think about it, Kishi starts looking like Mitsuo Fukuda, Not a good sign.

iSP2FNe.png

#1997 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted Today, 01:37 AM

It's only boring to them because they want every hero to be like Goku. Always struggles, has to train for every little bit of power he gets only to get beaten either way.
If that is a measure to how to write a good hero, then I guess Batman beats them all. No powers just tons of money and gadgets. Goku is OP compared to Batman so I guess Batman is king, but here is the thing...in a world where Superman has to fight, doesn't that make Batman the most OP hero ever? He has survived things that 99% of human beings could never survive. He can take punches from Darkseid apparently without a scratch...maybe a bruise or two...and people always says he has a "plan" for everything. Well, if the plans work 100% of the time and he can take punches from Darkseid without powers and just being a regular human...then Batman is the most OP superhero ever. Armor protects only so much, but plot armor protects against everything.
If we want to talk about unbeatable, isn't that every hero eventually? One Punch Man even lampshades this with a guy names Garou who thinks hero are BS and the villains are human too. The villains have dreams and goals and he sides with them because they are just as committed to a cause as the heroes are, but they always lose because they are the "bad guy." So he went on to become a monster because humans are stupid to him.
I hate this argument that "Superman is boring because he is OP" because while being OP can be a hit or miss, it does not mean he doesn't face problems that challenge him. It's just not a power struggle. See, Superman's powers are unlimited, but not his options. Not every problem is solved by punching it, not every problem is solved by just disintegrating it with heat vision. There are some moments where Superman has no powers and he is still the hero we needed him to be. He is still the Superman because it is not the powers...it's the man or woman behind them. People who say Superman is boring usually have never read a Superman comic before. Even with unlimited potential, Superman still had to learn to use that portantial. He had to learn to fly, fight, and many other things. He had to learn to accept so much and to be fair. To stand up and say "I could easily kill you right now, but I won't because that is not what heroes do. I just want to change you for the better. I will not hesitate to fight, but I will give you a chance to give up these evil ways and be better. It is not I who will shape the world, but you...."
Look at how he faces opponents who can take those punches he hits with. Violence itself does not always solve the problem so he finds more clever ways to deal with the issue.
Every time someone says "Superman is boring" it usually means that they have never read any Superman comic ever. I ask people this when they say Superman is OP and they say they don't. So I mean, how can you say he is boring when you never read anything of his content? Read some Superman comics and you will see how Superman struggles in other ways besides powers. Watch Superman vs the Elite that is based on a comic and you will see how Superman faces problems. This is why I just can't accept people hating Superman because "He is OP." If you don't like Superman because you don't like his style of comics, then I can understand. I get bored with Batman comics all the time, but I would never say Batman sucks because "He always struggles. He is never on top" especially if I never read anyof the comics.
And if being OP is boring, then why do people like Saitama? Because he is a satire? Well, the funny thing about One Punch Man is that it is far more real than any other hero manga with the hero being strong. Heck, Saitama is more profound than Goku who only fights for the sake of fighting. He just so happens to save the world in the process. I bring this up because of look at when Goku got the premonition about the Androids and knew they were coming and were going to kill people...and he did nothing. "They didn't do anything wrong yet and I want a good fight." Well, but they still can be stopped and not everything has to be about fighting you know. This is where Goku fails as a hero. Superman meanwhile is stopping mere burgerlars and saving kittens from a tree. Saitama even does that too, but at times even he questions what being a hero truly means. In parts of the One Punch Man story, Saitama questions whether or not the fight is even worth it. Can you be a hero if all you care about is getting a good fight? Questions I kind of wish Goku would go for.
Heck, ever see Goku save a suicide jumper? Saitama and Superman have. They even stopped the person from having suicide thoughts by expressing how much they matter in this world. Saitama was a bit more unorthadox because he told the guy "If you ever want to be saved from suicide, just try to jump off the roof I am sitting on." He made it seem like the guy made the choice to want to be saved. To have hope again. Superman is the same way. I can give you such a heart moving moment of Superman just saving a girl who lost everything and just wanted to die with Superman standing there waiting for her to start. He didn't try to force his views on her...he just wanted to help her by letting her talk and she hugs Superman for all of it. This is why Superman is my favorite hero because no amount of power can define you. It's your heart.
The reason why I bring all of this up is because look at Boruto and his apparent OPness in that he knows every solution and can solve every problem with ease. To what end? What is the writer trying to show? It seems like the only purpose to this is that Boruto is having a kitten measuring contest with his father. "I bet I can make mine bigger." No, you can't, Boruto. You can't because you are not facing the same problems that Naruto has. Your best friend didn't run away because their family was killed, you are not shunned because you are a jinchuuriki, and you definitly aren't seen as the class reject like Naruto was. You are overcoming nothing and yet you are given every power under the sun because "You're the son of a Uzumaki and a Hyuga."
Superman struggles with morality and whether or not how he can use his powers for good AND not have people expect him to solve all of their problems. He said so himself that he is there to solve the problems that are too big for humanity to face right now and he wants to do it in ways that don't just invovle nuking it from orbit.
Saitama struggles with morals of a hero. He wonders whether he fights for the sake of fighting or fighting to be a savior of the people. Yeah, he wants a good fight, but lately he is questioning everything even himself. What does it mean to truly be a hero?
Goku at struggles with his weakness. His flaws and his short comings. He doesn't so much moral struggles, but he does power struggle and it still can be a real thing.
Boruto doesn't struggle at all. His only opposition is "Daddy doesn't love me and give me attention." Wow, so Boruto is basically the Trunks of the Naruto Universe. Boring. I mean, even OP superheroes can inspire and Boruto does not. Boruto has no motive. He is a selfish, spoiled, brat and we have to watch over and over of him easily getting his way and whining
See, I am going to use Cell from TFS because it strikes home: Imagine Cell to Boruto.

Boruto...anyone can do what you are doing....what are you going to offer different that noone else has seen? You can't, because you are a horrible person, a horrible hero, and a horrible creation, but that's what you get when writers cared more about fullfilling their sexual fantasies than actually writing a story. All of us here can write a Shinachiku story better than this. Heck, Salad's story and struggles is more indepth than Boruto's and I don't care about Salad at all.
"Look at me, I'm Boruto, please love me dad."

But wouldn't that problem be with the people and not the movie itself? Man of Steel was amazing, but people cared too much about how Superman is nothing like his comic book version and how he doesn't kill people. Superman has killed people and he has made those kinds of choices before because he was young, reckless, and stupid. After the first time he did, he made a vow to never kill again. The scene every hates the most in Man of Steel is the scene that is probably the most well written. Even Nostalgia Critic admitted that scene is not given enough credit. So Superman is not the problem, it is the viewers who want everyone to be like Goku and Batman. Struggle with everything and be edgy.
"My father believed that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me. He insisted that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?"
It rings so true. The world is not ready for Superman because they are too scared of the concept. They are too scared of a hero actually being a hero. This is true when every single time something occurs, every time a hero may pop up, society discriminates them and bashes them. Find one little issues and they gets black listed. "Oh look, this hero just saved a bus load of kids, but he smokes pot...that means he is evil." You can't tell me this is not the case when I see it everyday.
We live in a world where people love misery and not hope. We say we want love and yet all we showcase is violence and hate. If people truly want love, then they need to start believing in love and not just command the death of someone or jail time because your feelings were hurt. That was the whole point of Batman v Superman. Superman was the hero the world needed and Batman society that feared him because of misconception. Because of fear. Batman is always afraid. He is always afraid of things he cannot control and Superman can obtain tons of control, but he doesn't want it. He just wants to be apart of this world and people are too busy worrying about things. Superman only now shows his face and what he can do and people become afraid. Meanwhile, they don't realize that he has been on this planet for 40 years and he didn't do anything even when he could. So how can he be a bad guy? He can take over hte planet anytime he wants, but he chooses not to because he believes in something more than just power.
If anything, DC is more in tune with reality than people realize. Their movies are showcasing the darker tones of reality and how much a scared little species we humans are. As Joker said "When the chips are down, these "civilized people", will eat each other and we do. We just hate each other so much and want to be better. I really have to wonder if the DC are just ahead of the curve on this one. Marvel is using more of the fantasy route and while it is fun, it completely unrealistic. Comic books...well, these heroes are meant to inspire and to make us better, but people don't care anymore.
Boruto is just one of those stories. Not inspiring, just one big fanfiction by writers and artist who care more about "the sexual conquest of Hinata" rather than the point of it all.

hmm....I find that Hiro Mashima is great with character development, but poor with conflict stories. It's hard for him to make the plot engaging, but the characters are amazing.
Kishimoto is the opposite. He can't write characters for squat, but the plots have potential. Too Bad he never followed through with that potential.
I still say Hiro Mashima is a better writer because at least he tried and failed, but Kishimoto just failed and gave up.

Well said James well said. You got superman's character on the nose cause that's how he's character is how much should he help out. Man of Steel was ok I like the original 2 with reeve. Besides like the nostalgia critic said Superman killed zod in the second movie and no one had a heart attack over that, hell in the batman movies or the first three batman killed people especially Keaton batman. The neck snap in man of Steel didn't bother me that much cause they never established killing was a big thing for supes.
You could use that abridged cell clip for part 1 sasuke or sasuke in general. Hiro is a good writer and didn't pull the kitten kishi did. Also I find his villain better than naruto at least Mard Geer, zeref and Acnologia. At least Natsu gives a kitten about his friend and not just gray, unlike naruto who gives a kitten about sasuke. Point when future lucy died in front of him he lost his kitten and was crying swearing he would save Lucy's future, what did naruto do when neji died, gave up and stopped fighting, really he didn't do this any other some one close to him died what neji so special. Want a good shinachiku story go read shinachiku's first adventure and next adventure by saiyan jedi on fanfic but have to tie the one shots since they all play a part in first adventure.

So did Hiro Mashima :smile: Fairy Tail started off Great and the overarching plot was actually pretty interesting, it only became an  a-pull fest about half way through. In fact, it is actually Rave Master that is a true testament to his writing ability more than Fairy Tail as I hear it.

Right Tetsuya noruma is a better writer and he's made the most confusing game series ever and knows his characters as does Kojima.

#1998 ultranx

ultranx

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted Today, 02:43 AM

the reason people like goku better and find superman boring has nothing to do with how op superman is, its the fact goku actually accepts himself for who and what he is and isn't constantly trying to be normal, whereas superman does worry about being normal and never accepting not being human continuously and its getting old to some people. maybe give him some unique story instead of rehashing the whole not being mortal thing again and again? because you guys may think that's entertaining, but some people are tired of him feeling bad for not being human and want him to grow out of it and have a different unique story, instead of a rehash with another writer. 

also I'd rather see goku okay with being an alien and training and breaking his limits and fighting new challenging opponents and new world building lore and character development of vegeta, than just see superman beat everyone no problem and never accept himself for who and what he is.

saitama does the whole being supposedly unbeatable thing better as a comedic parody.

Edited by ultranx, Today, 02:59 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, Boruto, anime, Next Generation, Studio Pierriot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users