LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:51 PM

First major death in the series, sorry forgot to read the chapter last week.

So it seems he main characters are:

Hachi

The Princess 

The Cat

The Bodyguard

The Dog that sounds like a cat.

also does the princess future self look like Hinata in the back or is it just me

Seems like it to be the case. 

I see more Sakura from the backside than Hinata. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#182 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:08 AM

Seems like it to be the case. 

I see more Sakura from the backside than Hinata. 

At the moment its a we will see. She has a modicum of a personality, which is more than Hinata often had, and its clear that kishimoto is going to try to focus on her more this time than he did with Sakura in Naruto.

She is not Hinata, but she hasn't done enough yet to show anything else.

#183 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:08 AM

Doesn't matter who she looks like, I really don't care. As LONG as there is no development between them that is practically screaming of a romantic nature then the rug is pulled from under us and then Kishi is all "Psyche!!!! It is all a red herring and doesn't mean anything!!! HAHAHAHA!!!" then She can be based off of Sakura, Hinata, Ino or whoever else comes to mind. For there to be development and for it to be meaningful is the biggest concern. But don't get me wrong, I'm only stating how I feel aboput the  subject. I haven't been reading it yet. Its still not enticing enough, though to be truthful I really don't want to give it a chance after my Naruto burnout. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 August 2019 - 05:10 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#184 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:18 AM

Doesn't matter who she looks like, I really don't care. As LONG as there is no development between them that is practically screaming of a romantic nature then the rug is pulled from under us and then Kishi is all "Psyche!!!! It is all a red herring and doesn't mean anything!!! HAHAHAHA!!!" then She can be based off of Sakura, Hinata, Ino or whoever else comes to mind. For there to be development and for it to be meaningful is the biggest concern. But don't get me wrong, I'm only stating how I feel about the  subject. I haven't been reading it yet. Its still not enticing enough, though to be truthful I really don't want to give it a chance after my Naruto burnout. 

....Sorry. I need more time to process this because you clear haven't been paying attention to what anyone who has read this has been saying.

For that past few weeks, the manga has been beating the reader over the head with the information that, these two are going to get together. Do you understand that?

This chapter the cat master said that he had a vision of Hachimaru in the future with his princess who is clearly suppose to be Anna. Do you understand that?

This manga has made itself abundantly clear that these two are getting together more than any shounen manga I have ever read has. Lucky has been gushing about this and I have only been mulling over how much she is or isn't like Sakura because the manga has pretty much stated every chapter since Anna appeared that these two are getting together. Do you understand that?

The manga even has in story that Hachi is bond by fate to his destine princess who is Anna because even the lockerball that transformed him into a samurai was her's. Do you understand that?

At which point do you not understand? Now look this manga hasn't gripped me to be quite honest, but the one thing it has made abundantly clear is kishimoto does not want to make the same mistakes he made with Naruto. A major one is replacing the romantic pairing at the last minute.

...Look if you are not going to retain the information that people are giving you about the manga but you still want to complain about it. Then just read the manga already, form your own opinion, and see for yourself how much this manga make clear they are sticking with this pairing because clear after this much time if we can't explain it to you by now we are never going to be able to explain to you.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 August 2019 - 07:21 AM.

#185 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

Well, I didn't read the manga and probably never will. Looking at the images, it's his typical style to introduce and establish "boy doing his best for the girl/crush/love interest". He'll introduce conflict and rivalry on this area to keep the audience hooked. And will do the NH/SS stunt again by the end of it.

This is coming from someone who keep saying "I'm not good at romance", yet the stories he made are based on male/female relationship.

What I really want to know is the volume sales, which will be released on October. It's a huge indicator of people's sentiment on him as manga author.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#186 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

At the moment its a we will see. She has a modicum of a personality, which is more than Hinata often had, and its clear that kishimoto is going to try to focus on her more this time than he did with Sakura in Naruto.

She is not Hinata, but she hasn't done enough yet to show anything else.

I was mainly just referring to her appearance is all, but you do make an excellent case here that Kishi is giving Ann more attention than Sakura got in Naruto. Frankly, based your analysis and my own Kishi definitely is "selling" us the idea that HachiAnn is endgame pairing, and he's more than likely aware of that given by how the romance in Naruto turned out  and what he's already setup within the story thus far even if it is still early. You and I both know there's at least something in each chapter since Ann's been introduced.   

....Sorry. I need more time to process this because you clear haven't been paying attention to what anyone who has read this has been saying.

For that past few weeks, the manga has been beating the reader over the head with the information that, these two are going to get together. Do you understand that?

This chapter the cat master said that he had a vision of Hachimaru in the future with his princess who is clearly suppose to be Anna. Do you understand that?

This manga has made itself abundantly clear that these two are getting together more than any shounen manga I have ever read has. Lucky has been gushing about this and I have only been mulling over how much she is or isn't like Sakura because the manga has pretty much stated every chapter since Anna appeared that these two are getting together. Do you understand that?

The manga even has in story that Hachi is bond by fate to his destine princess who is Anna because even the lockerball that transformed him into a samurai was her's. Do you understand that?

At which point do you not understand? Now look this manga hasn't gripped me to be quite honest, but the one thing it has made abundantly clear is kishimoto does not want to make the same mistakes he made with Naruto. A major one is replacing the romantic pairing at the last minute.

...Look if you are not going to retain the information that people are giving you about the manga but you still want to complain about it. Then just read the manga already, form your own opinion, and see for yourself how much this manga make clear they are sticking with this pairing because clear after this much time if we can't explain it to you by now we are never going to be able to explain to you.

I've just been sharing what I'm seeing each chapter just to know where things stand currently, and where it'll go in the future. Though, like you; I do also believe that Kishi doesn't repeat any of the sins he committed with Naruto like the romantic pairing at the last second. It's also the fact that he's been crafting this story out for the last five years since the Naruto manga ended. 

Now could he very well pull a fast one? Yes, but I don't think that's going to be the case because he's aware of the backlash Naruto got from the romantic subplot department, and he doesn't want to repeat that again. Considering the progression Hachi and Ann already have practically from the last nine chapters since Ann's introduction in the story. 

The whole lying stunt Hachi could've been something Kishi dragged out for chapters upon chapters like the Tenchi Bridge scene or even something like Sakura's confession in the Kage Summit Arc that never gets brought up again, but he addressed that issue within the same arc in this week's chapter during Hachi and Ann's conversation after she asked to go with him.

Even Hachi's father passing is blatantly telling him to keep her safe at all times, and even saying protect one another with the way he was talking to Ann just moments before he died. As much as I despise Chapter 614, I have to admit the scenario is similar (minus the big strong hand - thank god!).    

I mean the other thing be it positive or negative is that Kishi's only penning the story this time around, the art is done entirely done by Akira who based on what I saw has been pretty consistent in mimicking Kishi's style while making it his own. Unlike um... the other guy sketching Boruto. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 24 August 2019 - 09:27 PM.

#187 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:37 PM

And yet again, you misunderstand me. I am seeing that it is Ann and Hachimaru and YES I know that the story has been doing but nothing but pushing for them the last few chapters. I have not forgotten anything that others have typed on the thread nor am I ignoring the story. So PLEASE stop assuming I am ignorant of these things because I'm not. I'm only talking about the fact that AS LONG as the story is not repeating Naruto's mistakes, to which YES I KNOW it is not, everything is fine. You seem to miss out on the fact that I just enjoy not letting go of Naruto's failures but that does NOT mean I think this is ending up the same as Naruto. I just have no real interest in reading it but I am paying CLOSE attention to what you and Lucky and others are saying about it. For instance Hachimaru's dad just succumbed to his wounds and passed away right? and that lead to Hachimaru admitting to Ann that he lied to her about being some sort of prodigy of a Samurai and that he is not such an amazing person, but he will protect her regardless? STILL think I'm not paying attention to the story or what you are saying about the story?

I will state this once again. I type some of my comments with sarcasm and sattire, not because I actually type those things in ignorance, nor am I ignoring what is said. So the next time you come across these comments either ignore them or just pm me if it bothers you that much, if you don't mind.

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 August 2019 - 06:54 PM.

#188 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

i refuse to be invested in this. yes i do think ann looks like hinata from the back but in any case the art is done by someone else so i don't really pick up on what it's trying to show sometimes. kishi could have just told him to draw a girl with black hair so i wouldn't judge the art unless it's obvious. even if this becomes an anime it would probably be easier to tell what is going on and what character designs are in use (and even when hachimaru strikes back you can't easily tell what's going on from the manga). until proven otherwise i also continue to notice how ann stutters in a way that can't help but remind me of hinata too. 

#189 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:49 AM

Well, I didn't read the manga and probably never will. Looking at the images, it's his typical style to introduce and establish "boy doing his best for the girl/crush/love interest". He'll introduce conflict and rivalry on this area to keep the audience hooked. And will do the NH/SS stunt again by the end of it.

This is coming from someone who keep saying "I'm not good at romance", yet the stories he made are based on male/female relationship.

What I really want to know is the volume sales, which will be released on October. It's a huge indicator of people's sentiment on him as manga author.

While I agree with the wait and see the sales to see if its successful. As far as the romance is concern from someone who has been reading the chapters. The most important and prominent part of the story so far is beating the readers over the head with the notion that Hachi and Anna are getting together, for at least a month if not more that has been the major point of the story.

Kishimoto was always tepid with Naruto and Sakura. Yes, we knew Naruto always had feeling for her and Sakura was growing fond of him, but Kishimoto was always reluctant to take it farther then that. Then when he got new Editors whose main goal was making Hinata the heroine is what led to the ending. Now admittedly, I think NS was better in most scenes then anything Hachi and Anna have had so far.

But. Here. In this manga. The writer has spent chapters beating it into the reader's head these two are destine for each other.

As for if there will be a love triangle? We will see.

I was mainly just referring to her appearance is all, but you do make an excellent case here that Kishi is giving Ann more attention than Sakura got in Naruto. Frankly, based your analysis and my own Kishi definitely is "selling" us the idea that HachiAnn is endgame pairing, and he's more than likely aware of that given by how the romance in Naruto turned out  and what he's already setup within the story thus far even if it is still early. You and I both know there's at least something in each chapter since Ann's been introduced. 

Kishimoto is clearly trying to not make the same mistakes he made with Naruto. One of those being romance that pretty much destroyed Naruto and badly damaged his reputation. Beyond that, with Naruto it clear he only ever had a vague idea what he wanted to do and relied on his editors to guide the story (to a damaging degree). Here, he at least has a general idea of what the story is and where its going to go.

I've just been sharing what I'm seeing each chapter just to know where things stand currently, and where it'll go in the future. Though, like you; I do also believe that Kishi doesn't repeat any of the sins he committed with Naruto like the romantic pairing at the last second. It's also the fact that he's been crafting this story out for the last five years since the Naruto manga ended. 

Now could he very well pull a fast one? Yes, but I don't think that's going to be the case because he's aware of the backlash Naruto got from the romantic subplot department, and he doesn't want to repeat that again. Considering the progression Hachi and Ann already have practically from the last nine chapters since Ann's introduction in the story. 

The whole lying stunt Hachi could've been something Kishi dragged out for chapters upon chapters like the Tenchi Bridge scene or even something like Sakura's confession in the Kage Summit Arc that never gets brought up again, but he addressed that issue within the same arc in this week's chapter during Hachi and Ann's conversation after she asked to go with him.

Even Hachi's father passing is blatantly telling him to keep her safe at all times, and even saying protect one another with the way he was talking to Ann just moments before he died. As much as I despise Chapter 614, I have to admit the scenario is similar (minus the big strong hand - thank god!).    

I mean the other thing be it positive or negative is that Kishi's only penning the story this time around, the art is done entirely done by Akira who based on what I saw has been pretty consistent in mimicking Kishi's style while making it his own. Unlike um... the other guy sketching Boruto. 

The lie reveal really isn't compared able to the NS build up. If he couldn't with his fifteen years experience in writing manga pull off a liar reveal. Then this manga has more problems than Naruto's legacy.

NS had a lot of build up for a clear revelation which Sakura would look back on and realized she had fallen in love Naruto...It just never happened due to to the new editors. Again, here, it was a obvious lie that was going to be found out sooner or later. Since, he was lying about his entire life before he became a samurai.

The difference between this manga and Boruto is this manga isn't a sequel to Naruto. So, it gets a pass not looking like exactly Naruto, but it has a similar story and art style derived from it. That it feels like Naruto while being allowed to not look exactly like it. Boruto's art is either a person that can't draw Naruto character in the style but is desperately trying to, or trying to make them look more realistic while not going all the way that leads it to be simply off putting to the reader.

And yet again, you misunderstand me. I am seeing that it is Ann and Hachimaru and YES I know that the story has been doing but nothing but pushing for them the last few chapters. I have not forgotten anything that others have typed on the thread nor am I ignoring the story. So PLEASE stop assuming I am ignorant of these things because I'm not. I'm only talking about the fact that AS LONG as the story is not repeating Naruto's mistakes, to which YES I KNOW it is not, everything is fine. You seem to miss out on the fact that I just enjoy not letting go of Naruto's failures but that does NOT mean I think this is ending up the same as Naruto. I just have no real interest in reading it but I am paying CLOSE attention to what you and Lucky and others are saying about it. For instance Hachimaru's dad just succumbed to his wounds and passed away right? and that lead to Hachimaru admitting to Ann that he lied to her about being some sort of prodigy of a Samurai and that he is not such an amazing person, but he will protect her regardless? STILL think I'm not paying attention to the story or what you are saying about the story?

I will state this once again. I type some of my comments with sarcasm and sattire, not because I actually type those things in ignorance, nor am I ignoring what is said. So the next time you come across these comments either ignore them or just pm me if it bothers you that much, if you don't mind.

How do you know what mistakes they are or are not doing if you don't read the manga, and don't believe the people telling you what happening in the manga?

The mistakes of Naruto? Again, yes, Naruto had feelings for Sakura. Sakura clearly was developing feelings for Naruto. But Kishimoto was too tepid with it, which, allowed the editors to force him to switch with Hinata in the end. Here, almost out of the gates "these two are destine for one another." For chapters this has been beaten into the skulls of the reader. Kishimoto cannot back out of this relationship without look like a complete fool -even more then after Naruto-. It is clear to me from reading interviews and this manga Kishimoto does not like the Naruto ending or at least how it came about. So, the first thing he does in this story is make sure everyone knows the main pairing are getting together at the end, and repeating it over and over until everyone gets it. So he can not back out of it and any editors he may get cannot make him back out of it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 August 2019 - 02:18 AM.

#190 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:00 PM

Time to see what goes down in the latest chapter: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 30 August 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#191 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

HachiAnn moments in this chapter: 

07.png

08.png

09.png

10.png

17.png

18.png

#192 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

New chapter is out: https://readms.net/r...ai_8/017/6157/1

my live reaction: 

i had a different thumbnail in mind for this chapter, but it turn out the way it did so I went with this as my backup

Edited by LuckyChi7, 06 September 2019 - 04:43 PM.

#193 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

HachiAnn moments in the chapter (per usual): 

03.png

04.png

14.png

15.png

17.png

#194 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:26 PM

Got some good moments between Hachimaru and Ann

#195 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:33 PM

Got some good moments between Hachimaru and Ann

I'll say lol 

going live on the latest chapter: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 13 September 2019 - 04:10 PM.

#196 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

HachiAnn Moments in this chapter: 

04.png

16.png

17.png

#197 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

well this chapter was better than the earlier ones because of the comedy and story-building

#198 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:59 AM

well this chapter was better than the earlier ones because of the comedy and story-building

Honestly, it better simply because the last two chapter finally stop going on and on about how Hachi and Anna are destined for each other as the Samurai and his fated princess. Also, looks like we are finally out of the prologue at least.

#199 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:13 PM

I never / didn't mean to extinguish your spirit , i'm really glad we have someone willing to be ... kind of test subject , like you and bail. I don't wanna read any of kishi's work or boruto related stuff , i just want to join the fun of laughing at how stupid their story (Boruto) is.

Bold : Well ... if things go south in chapter 695-ish / nearing the end of the story , and by that time you already too deep and hooked / love the story , isn't that repeating the same mistake ? . I mean obviously if i were Kishi and i know i'm F-ed big time with Naruto , the first phase of my plan is to lick (NS = japanese) fan that already leave , i'm gonna make it look's like i learn my mistake. And voila ... he succeeded! at least one soul he got back! :lmao:

It's all good lol hehe test subject haha that's pretty much how it goes at the moment with Samurai 8 right now.  Boruto was honestly a lost cause not just as a character, but the overall context of the series itself. 

I know right, it be like great another perception gone wrong  :lmao:  

#200 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:19 AM

It's all good lol hehe test subject haha that's pretty much how it goes at the moment with Samurai 8 right now.  Boruto was honestly a lost cause not just as a character, but the overall context of the series itself. 

I know right, it be like great another perception gone wrong 

To be honest one can compare and contrast a lot of elements in those two manga to see how much Boruto is kittening up.

Pacing: To be honest, both manga actually have similar pacing for their chapter they are very slow and taken a few chapters to get anywhere. The thing is that Boruto is monthly with about 40 or so pages; so it takes longer to get anywhere and it wastes pages. While for Samurai 8 the weekly and smaller page number make it feel like it taking it time setting stuff up but is not wasting either the readers time or paper; to a point.

Art: For Boruto very poor inconsistent quality at the beginning with eventually the character looking like a weird mix between sketch art and anime-ish art that seem very uncanny; the backgrounds are nice but also help make the character's flaws stand out even more. Samurai 8 has had very consistent art.

Story: Boruto abandons the main character's personal goals off the bat so they can rehash a plot from Naruto. Samurai 8 has a generic adventure quest but at least it aligns with the main character's personal goal.

Setting/Concept: Mystical but modern ninja world slowly being replaced with cyborg ninjas with bull kitten seals' powers. Cyborg space samurai with some mystical elements with robot animals the turn into their armor.

Main Character: Spoiled brat the audience had to spend about four years listening to him constantly whine about his father till each time he learned he should have been worshiping his old man all along. A Bubble Boy with some daddy issues finally going out to see the world.

Mentor: Which one? A Bland Alan Rickman or the irrelevant squad captain neither has really done much other then going on about how gifted the main character is? A man in a cyborg cat body that constantly has to re-explain things because his student wasn't paying attention, and has to deal with said student idiocy. 

Father: A person that is suppose to be impressive but instead comes off as pathetic, who cares deeply about any child that is not his own, and will likely die like an old kitten sooner or later. A wimpy looking guy that deeply care about his son to the point he sacrifices his life to protect him.

Love interest: To be honest Salad is the best part of Boruto but the manga version has many problems. In samurai 8 we need to see her do more.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 September 2019 - 11:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users