#1 Diadochi

Diadochi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:History, manga, anime, fitness

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

If Kishi really wanted to make NS canon by next weeks chapter, it wouldn't be too hard to do so - in a literary sense. Right before the fight begins, Naruto could ask Kakashi & Sakura to relocate to a different location so they won't become "collateral damage", but since its Naruto, he'll most likely say he can't fight at full power if he's worrying about their safety. And right before they leave, Sakura could profess her love for him, just in case if the worst possible scenario were to transpire, and he loses (meaning death).

But I have an inkling that if NS were to become canon this way, a lot of you might not be too happy. But if you look back at recent events in the manga, many things have occurred in a way not many of us have been able to predict correctly:

• the way in which Naruto reacted to seeing Minato and Sasuke join the Alliance was different in the way many of us thought he would react
  • The way in which Kakashi reacted when he first meant Minato
  • The way in which Team 7 were to fight against the Infinite Tsukuyomi (I saw a lot of theories that Naruto & Sasuke would somehow break out of IT through a friendship power-up) 
  • The way Madara was defeated
  • And of course, the build up to Naruto & Sasuke's fated battle. (Too soon)

Now, I'm not saying this is how NS should become canon. Like a lot of you, I too want Naruto & Sakura to sit down and have a serious talk. But the way NS is going to become canon, based on history (manga), they're going to become canon in way none of us would have thought. Be it good or bad, it'll most likely depend on the individual.

Gtu9I59.jpg

ALEXANDER III of MACEDON

(356-323 B.C.E)

#2 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

At this point I don't really care how they get together. I invested 8+ years in this manga/pairing and I just want to see them together. Why is that so hard? Ask Kishi. I wish they would be canon in next chapter but we all know that's impossible

#3 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:22 AM

I agree with Baka chan. I'd rather have them become canon in a crappy way. It's better then them not becoming canon at all. I'd prefer for them to talk about everything first. But as long as they finnaly realize how they feel for eachother, I don't care.

#4 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

I always say that in order for NS become canon, naruto need to confess to sakura.

#5 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

Sakura already confessed....I doubt she's going to do it again. Its Naruto's turn

eh10ut.jpg

#6 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

Sakura already confessed....I doubt she's going to do it again. Its Naruto's turn

For once I agree with you.

#7 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

May be :unsure:

#8 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

Nuh-uh. NaruSaku isn't gonna be canon in some crappy way, no way. NaruSaku isn't just some random pairing that just goes off and becomes canon just like that. If that were the case I could just stick with NaruHina. NaruSaku have actual history, they have actual interaction, and they have actual issues on the very subject of love from Sakura or love from Naruto. I need them to be canon in a way that's believable, where Naruto has time to think. Where Sakura confirms her feelings.

It doesn't have to be some serious talk. NaruSaku doesn't exactly roll that way... even if it's comedic I wouldn't mind. Just some sort of hint that they're aware of each other's feelings, and openly feel the same way. But to do that in a crappy way, to a pairing like NaruSaku just doesn't settle well for me. Naruto and Sakura still have unfinished business between them - especially regarding feelings. Naruto and Hinata have it too, but Naruto and Sakura are just more relevant. Especially when you look at it from Naruto's point of view.

He loves Sakura. And he better confess to her soon, not in a joking way. And he also has to tell Hinata he doesn't feel that way for her. Lots of things Kishi has waiting up in the storyline.

Unless he takes the easy way out and makes SasuNaru canon.

Edited by Iwantbuns, 16 September 2014 - 03:01 AM.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#9 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:23 AM

God no. I will not accept NaruSaku being canon in a crappy, rushed, nonsensical way, and I never have with any of my other OTPs either. Say I have high standards, but it is what it is.

I know Kishi's not good with romance, but he still needs to do this right. A ship's journey is great and everything, but the kicker is who it pays off in the end. It can't be with loose ends, deeply OCC, feel way too easy depending on the ship, and if it was in a love triangle like NaruSaku is you need closure with the rival ship (in this case ...SasuSaku). I just have never been overly fond of throwing two people together to be a couple in a slapdash manner and the author just expects it to be enough for the fans.

I could probably do without a kiss, but at the very least I need to see all loose ends with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke be tied up and Naruto's Sasuke insecurities to be reasonably alleviated. If these aren't taken care of in a straightforward manner, then NaruSaku will definitely feel forced.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 16 September 2014 - 04:24 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#10 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

Part of me wants to believe that NS will happen with a revisiting of the bench scene from chapter 3, and part of me says it'll be something else. I'm not sure what to expect, but I do have this feeling that Sakura will recall something from the past, or have some kinda inner monologue going on during the fight between Naruto and Sasuke.  Maybe (not to get hopes up) The 2011 OVA's got something to do NS being canon. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#11 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

Not really. I'd like to have NS resolved in a best possible manner. I know Kishi isn't good at romance but atleast he can make a conscious effort into making NS one of his best endgame pairings. I mean since the next manga he'll be writing is a romance manga, he can start things with NS and even more, since it mirrors his relationship with his wife who is also like Sakura.....he should give a nice closure to the pairing. Just my two cents on things though....

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#12 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

It'll be like..

Naruto: Sakura , Kakashi, Leave Now! Let Me take care of Sasuke!

Sakura: You're always so Reckless! Make Sure to come back to M-Us! Its a Promise ok?

Naruto: Before you go Sakura... No matter what happens... I will always Love You... and I will Come back to you No Matter what! Its a Promise of a Lifetime!

Sakura: Baka... I love you too...

(Yep, I definetly have been reading too much FF lol)

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#13 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

At this point i agree with Baka chan and Savannah.

Like Savannah said It's better than them not becoming canon,But as long as they finnaly realize how they feel for eachother, I don't care.

#14 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

Question. During or after  Naruto vs Sasuke  or next chapter there is no a important NS moment what would happen?

Edited by Liu bie, 16 September 2014 - 06:59 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#15 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

It'll be like..

Sakura: You're always so Reckless! Make Sure to come back to M-Us! Its a Promise ok?

Naruto: Before you go Sakura... No matter what happens... I will always Love You... and I will Come back to you No Matter what! Its a Promise of a Lifetime!

Haha I found this extremely amusing for some reason lol

WqQwzgf.gif

#16 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

It'll be like..

Imagine if this really happened

#17 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

It'll be like..

There, the beginning of a fanfic

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#18 *- ZerΩ -*

*- ZerΩ -*

D E J A V U

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Sports-> Football,Basketball
    Video Games,The Mentalist,Supernatural..etc

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Not really. I'd like to have NS resolved in a best possible manner. I know Kishi isn't good at romance but atleast he can make a conscious effort into making NS one of his best endgame pairings. I mean since the next manga he'll be writing is a romance manga, he can start things with NS and even more, since it mirrors his relationship with his wife who is also like Sakura.....he should give a nice closure to the pairing. Just my two cents on things though....

Wow is he really gonna write a romance manga?

From shonen to romance.. just think of it :O

tumblr_n09oo96JLS1sqdj5ko1_500.jpg

#19 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

Wow is he really gonna write a romance manga?
From shonen to romance.. just think of it :O

He did say he was going to write a romance manga after Naruto :/. I dunno how things will really work out but.....you never know XD

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#20 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Naruto needs to confess to Sakura. 

And before that, he needs to bring Sasuke back and realize that she does not love him romantically anymore. 

I don't want NS to become canon in the next chapter. It would feel rushed and not really belivable. 

But a small hint or two still would be nice ... :)

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users