• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#41 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

Dude...the pairing wars in Code Geass seem to be nearing Naruto level o.0; Lelouch x C.C is the most popular one, followed by Lelouch x Kallen, and then you have Lelouch x Shirley. Those are the most popular ones in that order. Some people are really making it personal, quite like what I see in naruto pairing wars sometimes tongue.gif

Anyways, for my preferences:

***Lelouch x C.C is a very nice pairing imo. They have been building up to it and I think that C.C and Lelouch both deserve a happy end together. Lelouch is one of the only people who really accepted her for who she is. I think the two kisses were for business, but I've seen sparks between them anyways. There are some drawbacks though. We don't know what the contract is about and what will happen once completed. And frankly...I don't see C.C making it to the end...

There is still the chance that Lelouch will get some kind of king/god status in the end and that she's really some kind of god already and that they'll be together forever (or in the after life) I'm not counting on this pairing happening in the end though (I'm hoping though, it is my favourite tongue.gif )

****Lelouch x Kallen would be the fanservice pairing, but if they develop Kallen well (They said that she'd get her story told this season...and there was something with a potential kiss as well) I could see it happen. They both have the same kind of goal (To fight Britania to make a better place for sister/mother and to avenge mother/brother) and they are together often. Kallen also already had feelings for Zero, so if she sees that Lelouch is really the same person as Zero, then this pairing might have a chance. I haven't seen much from Lelouch's side yet though.

I really like this pairing (they could pull it off nicely), but chances for this pairing aren't very big imo. The pairing doesn't have much to do with the themes (already a britanian royal going with a half britanina-half japanese girl would be a good move for politics in the end, I think) But yeah, we're just at the beginning of the season, so I can't really say.

***I don't like Lelouch x Shirley, but I think it has a chance if they develop Shirley a bit more (make her remember what happened before and such). Shirley isn't cute imo and I don't like her.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#42 Strausenhat

Strausenhat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:44 AM

On the topic of the dub
I'm excited, since it's starting on CN next week. Though I am tired of Johnny Yong Bosch and Crispin Freeman being in every single dub ever made ever.

on the topic of Season 2

If R2 ends in a cliffhanger, I hope it doesn't come back in R3 where Lelouch has AMNESIA...again. It probably won't happen, but when writers use the amnesia card (from their author decks, which all writers have, LOOK IT UP) it's rarely a good sign for what's to come.

Suzaku doing the whole "Trade Lelouch for power" thing seems really out of character for Suzaku, and dumb. He's trying to overthrow douchbags by becoming a douchebag, that'll work out real well for him. I'm to pessimistic to have ever really liked him, but I could still understand his viewpoint. Now, however, he's just unlikable, which is rather unfortunate for Suzaku. Probably to play up the whole rivalry between Lulu and Suzaku, which will end in them being even greater friends or one of them dying in such a tragic way that the other becomes depressed, showing how the other felt really about the other.

I'm just grateful that there's a period in time where LuLuXSuza pairing cannot be canon.

Also why is it that unless she's at school, Kallen is acting as a medium for fanservice? There are plenty of other characters that have bewbs. Just send them all to the beach and *presto*

Now my gripes out of the way, I hope they keep with every season starting with Lelouch making a group of people kill themselves while saying "Yes, my Lord!"

It's so far kept with the cycle I liked in Code Geass
  1. Lelouch has something to deal with
  2. Lelouch does some shenanigans
  3. Lelouch cackles

Of course, it could diverge away from that, but I seriously doubt that, since R1 was rather consistent in that

#43 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:51 AM

Too bad he can't just Geass all the woman cause I'm a LuluxHarem kind of guy.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#44 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

Just watched episode 3 and it reminded me of something.
QUOTE (Lelouch Vi Britannia @ Apr 7 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Lelouch ever met Villetta face to face, not significantly anyway.

Told you Lelouch remembered Villetta. And I loved the interaction between C.C. and Karen. lol for Zero's women.

#45 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Lol yeah, C.C teasing Kallen was great tongue.gif
More Kallen fanservice this episode (Not that I mind tongue.gif )

#46 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Apr 21 2008, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watched episode 3 and it reminded me of something.

Told you Lelouch remembered Villetta. And I loved the interaction between C.C. and Karen. lol for Zero's women.

It was just their first encounter. I was referring to later encounters, where she found out about him being Zero.

Three cheers for Rollo's imba Geass.

#47 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:55 AM

yay another anime for me to watch on adult swim on saturday nights this will be very interesting since i've never heard of code geass until now

2z3z1wm.gif

#48 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

Now that I think about it, Johnny wasn't the best pick for this role. I mean, he does a decent Lulu but when it comes to Zero I can't imagine his voice the right tone.

#49 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

Episode 5 has made it official. We need a Kill-Suzaku club or some kitten like that.

#50 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

Suzaku will be killed by Orange-kun in episode 6. Squished by a new knightmare frame.

*joins even though he hasn't watched episode 5*

#51 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ May 5 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Episode 5 has made it official. We need a Kill-Suzaku club or some kitten like that.

I totally agree, that prick has taken it way too far this time... BURN IN HELL SUZAKU!

On another note, was i the only one crazy surprised when we found out Nunnaly is going to be the governor for area 11? lol

#52 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

Oh I watched it. And rickles we don't need spoiler tags. This is the CODE GEASS thread.

(Yes you were tongue.gif)

I loved the Villetta scene, it was just so perfectly Lulu. Evil and yet not. The line simply bends impossibly around him.

#53 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

I wasn't surprised really with the Nunnaly thing tongue.gif And lolz, I think everyone's hate for Suzaku doubled in this episode (if that was even possible XD )

The episode was nice. Mostly humour with some plot advances here and there with a cliffhanger at the end of the episode. I usually like these kind of episodes, but I don't think they should do more of them this season. They still have a lot to cover and they shouldn't rush things in the end.

Btw...Lulu getting pwned by everyone while running after the Tomato-gagged C.C was great XD

#54 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

Btw...Lulu getting pwned by everyone while running after the Tomato-gagged C.C was great XD

That was awesome. XD

The sight of Milly passing him in a long dress was just priceless.

(Love the sig tongue.gif)

#55 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

Just plain disappointed in the dub from episodes 2&3.

#56 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

It's a dub. What did you expect?

#57 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Actually the dub is not that bad. It's like Bleach and I'm starting to like watching the series. happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#58 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

Watch the original and you will love it. :teehee:

#59 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

just stared watching it, i gotta say i like it. well put up another one on the board for LelouchXKallen cool.gif

#60 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

I'm not bad mouthing the dub its just this tiny thing that keeps crawling under my skin. Zero's voice. I mean, it sounds exactly like Lulu... WTF?! How hard would it have been for Johnny to just lower his vocals enough to sound like a menacing, charismatic, insane leader? facepalm.png That is without a doubt the only thing I find wrong with the show so far. That and the fact they speed up the ED but thats not really a big thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users