#21 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:32 AM

haha, I already have that poster up on the wall in my room. XD

I think I might enter a fanfic... now to actually figure it out.

#22 I s u z u

I s u z u

Fuck yeah Sakura ♥

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

Yes. I am totally joining this one.

If I can win an awesome NaruSaku poster than life will be freaking GOOD.

Good to know we have so much time to work on entries~<3

Hopefully two+ months will be enough

Banner by Someone Awesome <3
narutoforums | youtube | livejournal

#23 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:24 AM

*cough*

I'll join. Because I already know I'll lose.

Heh.

#24 Matsumi

Matsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Alot of stuff.

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

For the submissions of fanfics, do we only choose one keyword or all of them??

Also, when I write fanfics, I have a tendency to write it like a rp/script. You guys won't mind that, right?
sweatdrop.gif

#25 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Matsumi @ Dec 27 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the submissions of fanfics, do we only choose one keyword or all of them??

Also, when I write fanfics, I have a tendency to write it like a rp/script. You guys won't mind that, right?
sweatdrop.gif

Just one keyword per entry is all you need although you are welcome to use more than one.

If you have more than one entry per category, they need to be using different keywords.

So you can enter one fanart with the keyword secret admirer and one fanfic entry with the same keyword, but if you enter two fanfics, one will need to use a different keyword.

#26 ExquisiteKorean

ExquisiteKorean

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:28 AM

Hey Nick! (It's exquisiteKOREAN from NF.) I decided to come back to H&E; I had the most random urge to come to this website today and I saw the contest and I'm excited because I feel like writing something.

So, all I need is 10 posts to submit? I feel a bit bad because I've been inactive for over a year and now I pop in to enter a contest. Tell me if this is an issue.

And I have a question, are we allowed to use more than one category for ONE entry?

Example, what if I wanted to do a candlelight scene, but Naruto, say, brings Sakura a teddy bear and roses for gifts? Is this allowed?

#27 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

Hi eK!

You actually don't need any posts to submit. But if you don't have at least ten posts, you can't even vote for yourself. tongue.gif So no, it's not a problem. One of the goals of the contest is to lure new members into joining the community and maybe becoming active.

But don't tell anyone.

You can use as many keywords as you want for a single entry. The only word of advice that I'd offer is that it may complicate things if you choose to make a second entry that uses one of the same keywords. In that case, you'd want to go back and delete that keyword from the official keywords for that entry so there isn't any duplication.

Speaking of which, where are the entries? There's still just over a month to go, but it's been a few weeks and not one has made it in? I know that most come at the last minute, but there are usually a few early birds.

#28 ExquisiteKorean

ExquisiteKorean

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

Alright, thanks for clearing it up.

But I do have to say something. I would say that many of the fanfiction writers will have at least one or two categories within one fanfic. Love is basically inevitable to happen, so there goes one already. tongue.gif

#29 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:11 AM

You can use as many as you want. But when you're making your submission, you're supposed to indicate thea keyword and that has to be unique (compared to your other submissions in that category). You don't have to indicate all the keywords that are used in your submission.

I'm kinda hoping that "love" turns up a few times. biggrin.gif

#30 Spring101

Spring101

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:A really nice person who loves to make friends.I'm Puerto Rican,have brown curly hair,brown eyes,and an optimistic personaility!<br />Love anime,manga,and(of course)NaruSaku.&lt;3<br />: )

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

I'm totally entering this contest! a_dance.gif

BTW,how exactly do I enter? sweatdrop.gif (I'm kinda new)
[/img]

#31 ExquisiteKorean

ExquisiteKorean

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

@Spring101: Good question. I don't even know myself.

Nick, how do you submit entries?

(I might have missed it while reading the first post.)

#32 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:12 AM

Well, you might want to try heading over to the Library (link on the upper right hand corner) first. From my experience from only the first contest... XD.... a new category is designated for contest submissions. When you upload your story to the library (btw, your forum account also carries over to the library) you choose the Contest category as part of your classifications. I hope that helps.

Oh, there might be restrictions as well, though I'm not quite sure what they are.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#33 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:28 AM

Yep. Onionhead Attacks pretty much explained it.

On the top right, there is a menu of links including Library and Gallery. A special section has been set aside in both of those. I think that uploading fanarts is pretty self-explanatory and there are instructions for fanfics. After you upload the fanfic, a mod will need to approve it, but we're usually pretty good about getting those quickly. If you've posted a story and it doesn't show up in the next couple days, please PM me.

#34 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:19 AM

gah I love these they always make me smile.

Love is everything.

#35 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

I love the new banner for the contest. It's just wow wow.png wub.gif narusakuct7.gif

#36 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

For the fanart does it matter if you only draw chibis? sweatdrop.gif

#37 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 8 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the new banner for the contest. It's just wow wow.png wub.gif narusakuct7.gif

That was created by Chee over at NF. I'm not even sure if she's a member here so you might want to bounce over there and let her know.

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Jan 8 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the fanart does it matter if you only draw chibis? sweatdrop.gif

Nope.

And I've just learned that our fanfic library still has the hiccups. sweatdrop.gif If you've uploaded a story and it doesn't show up or you don't get a PM from a moderator within a couple days, please PM me.

#38 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

Hmmm...If lurking ppl IN is your aim perhaps it'd be better to offer free fanarts/avies to ppl who join?

#39 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

Is it necessary for a keyword to be used multiple times in a story, or is it alright if it's just used once? (at a pivotal moment, of course)

#40 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

Well, I don't even think that it is a must to actually use the keyword in your story. The story just has to revolve around that keyword.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users