#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

One of the main reasons I want NS to happen is because Naruto is my favorite character and I want him to get everything he wants (respect, hokage, etc;). Also, he does so much for Sakura that I think he should definitely get her.

But.........

Does Sakura really deserve him? I don't hate her, but I don't exactly love her either. I'll admit during part 1 I wanted her to die on many occasions. Part 2 I was better convinced when she showed some improvments in character and strength so I came to like her.

But the thing that bothers me is that she's ungrateful for everything that Naruto has done for her. I mean would it hurt to even say 'thank you' once? He's did a lot to help when they were still in Team 7 and he has saved her life when Gaara went psycho. Part of his reason for bringing back Sasuke was his promise of a lifetime thing and the other is because of there 'bond'. He does so much for her and goes through pure hell just to make her happy.

However, she does nothing on her part. No sacrifices. All she does is have to choose him. Is that really enough? Just getting over Sasuke and choosing Naruto? There's not much on her part except her changing her feelings for him as Yamato pointed out. Sure you can say that Naruto deserves her because he would be happy and so would she, but does she really deserve that happiness?

Of course being the hardcore NS fans you all are going to say yes...but could you reason with me here?
And if any of you have Sakura in your username please don't kill me

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Dec 11 2007, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the main reasons I want NS to happen is because Naruto is my favorite character and I want him to get everything he wants (respect, hokage, etc;). Also, he does so much for Sakura that I think he should definitely get her.

Yes.. yes, I agree!

But.........
Does Sakura really deserve him? I don't hate her, but I don't exactly love her either. I'll admit during part 1 I wanted her to die on many occasions. Part 2 I was better convinced when she showed some improvments in character and strength so I came to like her.

She wasn't that bad man... She was smitten with the Uchiha, true, but she didn't totally disregard Naruto. She believed Sasuke to be the strongest of the two, but she cared for both (remember them going postal on the hospital... or after fighting Orochimaru? Who cared for the two of them?).

But the thing that bothers me is that she's ungrateful for everything that Naruto has done for her. I mean would it hurt to even say 'thank you' once? He's did a lot to help when they were still in Team 7 and he has saved her life when Gaara went psycho. Part of his reason for bringing back Sasuke was his promise of a lifetime thing and the other is because of there 'bond'. He does so much for her and goes through pure hell just to make her happy.

However, she does nothing on her part. No sacrifices. All she does is have to choose him. Is that really enough? Just getting over Sasuke and choosing Naruto? There's not much on her part except her changing her feelings for him as Yamato pointed out. Sure you can say that Naruto deserves her because he would be happy and so would she, but does she really deserve that happiness?

Yes, it's not as if she fought an S-class enemy shinobi with the good of Naruto on her mind, or as if she tried to calm down a demonic Naruto at the cost of her own safety.
Sakura was probably the first one to truely acknowledge Naruto as a strong teammate and shinobi, which based on who we're talking about (the former President of the I-Lurv-Sasuke-FC) said alot about her. She trusted Naruto with the retrieval of their rogue teammate, and when he failed... she didn't go all Ms kitten like in fanfics where she slapped him and stuff.. she felt horrible for being useless to Naruto and indirectly causing him to get hurt, and she spent the next three years training so she could be of help to him when they got Sasuke back... together! I find her determination admirable, and I don't think she did that just to get Sasuke back, but so Naruto wouldn't have to do it alone. She trusts Naruto with her life, and Naruto knows this.

Of course being the hardcore NS fans you all are going to say yes...but could you reason with me here?

I'm Vyse Sakura!! *kills you a little bit*

No no, you're entitled to your own thoughts and opinions.

But the answer to your question is a "Yes! I do believe Sakura deserves Naruto!".

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 11 2007, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.. yes, I agree!
She wasn't that bad man... She was smitten with the Uchiha, true, but she didn't totally disregard Naruto. She believed Sasuke to be the strongest of the two, but she cared for both (remember them going postal on the hospital... or after fighting Orochimaru? Who cared for the two of them?).
Yes, it's not as if she fought an S-class enemy shinobi with the good of Naruto on her mind, or as if she tried to calm down a demonic Naruto at the cost of her own safety.
Sakura was probably the first one to truely acknowledge Naruto as a strong teammate and shinobi, which based on who we're talking about (the former President of the I-Lurv-Sasuke-FC) said alot about her. She trusted Naruto with the retrieval of their rogue teammate, and when he failed... she didn't go all Ms b*tch like in fanfics where she slapped him and stuff.. she felt horrible for being useless to Naruto and indirectly causing him to get hurt, and she spent the next three years training so she could be of help to him when they got Sasuke back... together! I find her determination admirable, and I don't think she did that just to get Sasuke back, but so Naruto wouldn't have to do it alone. She trusts Naruto with her life, and Naruto knows this.

But the answer to your question is a "Yes! I do believe Sakura deserves Naruto!".

111191.gif Vy-kun

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:04 PM

Interesting points you have brought up. It's just the one thing that irks me is that she has never actually thanked him. Like when she thought Sasuke was the one that saved her from Gaara, but he told her it was really Naruto. Sure she smiled....but a thank you maybe? And when Naruto helped bring back Tsunade to heal all his friends and become Hokage and she got all over Sasuke and totally forgot about Naruto (Naruto was so heart broken sad.gif ). The one time she did thank him was before he left to get Sasuke back. She keeps all her thoughts of thanking, admiration, and acknowledgment to herself.

I don't know why I am making such a big deal about this... maybe it's because I'm finding it absolutely impossible to write her character in my fanfic.

#5 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Dec 11 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting points you have brought up. It's just the one thing that irks me is that she has never actually thanked him. Like when she thought Sasuke was the one that saved her from Gaara, but he told her it was really Naruto. Sure she smiled....but a thank you maybe? And when Naruto helped bring back Tsunade to heal all his friends and become Hokage and she got all over Sasuke and totally forgot about Naruto (Naruto was so heart broken sad.gif ). The one time she did thank him was before he left to get Sasuke back. She keeps all her thoughts of thanking, admiration, and acknowledgment to herself.

I don't know why I am making such a big deal about this... maybe it's because I'm finding it absolutely impossible to write her character in my fanfic.

I can definitely see your point. I would probably agree with you on that if it wasn't for the fact that Naruto's able to look past her actions and see that she's truly thankful, well at least to some degree he can se that, in my opinion. I mean, yeah, he doesn't always get the thanks he deserves, but the fact that Sakura actually acknowledges him as one of her most trusted and closest friends says alot, being that he only has a few people who he can claim to that level of friendship.
There's also the fact that in Shippuden that it's clearly shown that she has deep concern for him. The fact that she was able to look past him being the container of the Kyuubi says alot. She didn't get all freaked out, or scared, but instead became more understanding of his troubles. I suppose she should have been more considerate of him back then, but as the saying goes, better late than never. The fact remains, she truly admires Naruto, and vice versa. I even remember when she first saw him after the timeskip, while punching him down the street for acting like a pervert after having been away for so long that she clearly states while berating him, "What about my shining admiration for you?" a_smashy.gif ...well, at least I think she said something to that extent that in the anime...

anyway, before I make this post too long, I'll leave it at this: Sakura and Naruto are much more understanding of each other, and she seems to have a better appreciation for his friendship now. Sure, she beats him up every now and then msmack.gif , but only because she cares for him... a_hug.gif

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#6 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

Give it time man, that "thank you" will come when the time is right happy.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#7 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:23 PM

And then there will be babies biggrin.gif

*cough*

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 11 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*cough*

Don't you mean... LOTS of smex?! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 Asuma&TheCigarrete

Asuma&TheCigarrete

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:43 AM

You got nice points there, but there is something i have to add..

Goodness will *NEVER* be the reason for a woman to love a man. This is personal experience, learn that even for your life pal!
\o/ My Avatar is simply the best possible for a "Fresh Meat" \o/

/o\ But i'm not a Fresh Meat anymore /o\

#10 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Asuma&TheCigarrete @ Dec 12 2007, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got nice points there, but there is something i have to add..

Goodness will *NEVER* be the reason for a woman to love a man. This is personal experience, learn that even for your life pal!

Not sure what you are saying O_o

Care to elaborate?

#11 Asuma&TheCigarrete

Asuma&TheCigarrete

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Dec 11 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Care to elaborate?

Not at all... I mean that a woman will never love you just coz you are good to her... got it? It will be most of the time the oposite tbh...

Ihmo, Naruto risking his life for her cannot be taken as a reason for her to develop love for him...

#12 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Asuma&TheCigarrete @ Dec 12 2007, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all... I mean that a woman will never love you just coz you are good to her... got it? It will be most of the time the oposite tbh...

Ihmo, Naruto risking his life for her cannot be taken as a reason for her to develop love for him...

O_o

Then what is?

#13 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:19 AM

Yeah, I reckon Sakura deserves Naruto.

The lack of 'thank you' doesn't bother me, as he's working his way into her heart or rather pushing and shoving the Uchiha out. On that note, I don't think Naruto expects thanks, and Sakura wouldn't give it immediately anyway, considering that he could blow it out of proportion the same way a certain other thank you is always blown out of proportion.

#14 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 11 2007, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.. yes, I agree!
Sakura was probably the first one to truely acknowledge Naruto as a strong teammate and shinobi, which based on who we're talking about (the former President of the I-Lurv-Sasuke-FC) said alot about her. She trusted Naruto with the retrieval of their rogue teammate, and when he failed... she didn't go all Ms b*tch like in fanfics where she slapped him and stuff.. she felt horrible for being useless to Naruto and indirectly causing him to get hurt, and she spent the next three years training so she could be of help to him when they got Sasuke back... together! I find her determination admirable, and I don't think she did that just to get Sasuke back, but so Naruto wouldn't have to do it alone. She trusts Naruto with her life, and Naruto knows this.

Nicely said :thumbs:

You covered the important points that Salvation raised.

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Dec 11 2007, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can definitely see your point. I would probably agree with you on that if it wasn't for the fact that Naruto's able to look past her actions and see that she's truly thankful, well at least to some degree he can se that, in my opinion. I mean, yeah, he doesn't always get the thanks he deserves, but the fact that Sakura actually acknowledges him as one of her most trusted and closest friends says alot, being that he only has a few people who he can claim to that level of friendship.
There's also the fact that in Shippuden that it's clearly shown that she has deep concern for him. The fact that she was able to look past him being the container of the Kyuubi says alot. She didn't get all freaked out, or scared, but instead became more understanding of his troubles. I suppose she should have been more considerate of him back then, but as the saying goes, better late than never. The fact remains, she truly admires Naruto, and vice versa. I even remember when she first saw him after the timeskip, while punching him down the street for acting like a pervert after having been away for so long that she clearly states while berating him, "What about my shining admiration for you?" a_smashy.gif ...well, at least I think she said something to that extent that in the anime...

anyway, before I make this post too long, I'll leave it at this: Sakura and Naruto are much more understanding of each other, and she seems to have a better appreciation for his friendship now. Sure, she beats him up every now and then msmack.gif , but only because she cares for him... a_hug.gif

And you answered the rest Denim.

Salvation, a 'thank you' spoken to a person does not always mean much compared to the actions that you take to fulfill the meaning behind the thanks.

Sakura in part 1 for a misinformed girl, who had a view of the world surrounding her and that was her perception. Naruto was a dead last in the class and according to her an annoying boy. Sasuke was top of the class and had the mysterious person with a 'I don't care' attitude. Simply said, Sasuke was the bad boy kind. No disrespect to the girls or anything but some of the girls I know go straight for the Sasuke kind described above.

But over time Sakura's view was challenged over and over again by Naruto because he did things she didn't believe he was capable of and slowly but surely Naruto kept on going up Sakura's POV ladder. One of the main reasons for this is because Naruto and Sakura are essentially similar. They both want attentive and they hate to lose. If you read the manga, Sakura wasn't as bad to Naruto as most people make her out to be. She started caring a little bit by Zabuza arc and then Chunnin exams showed further improvement.

Also, regarding Sakura's thank you that you said she should have told Naruto. I believe its a good thing Kishi left it out because by not saying the words implies that she would remember them and keep them with her. Saying it might cheapen it out a bit because it would be deliberate.

However, during the POAL, the thank you was legit because it was heartfelt. She finally understood at that moment what Naruto was about. It wasn't her inclination but she was going through a lot of emotions at that moment. It wasn't just sadness because of Sasuke leaving but a roller coaster ride of emotions for not understanding Naruto beforehand as well.

She actually started trusting Naruto before the promise but just realized it at that moment.

So, I think its ok if she doesn't say thank you, you can see it from her actions and her concern for Naruto in part 2 that she would be with him through heaven or hell and thats what true friendships are about biggrin.gif

So, I hope it answers your question. If you want her to make up to Naruto saving her and all that, then I think she is already doing that and will do even more for him. Its the same with naruto as well because actions speak louder than the words.

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Dec 12 2007, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Salvation, a 'thank you' spoken to a person does not always mean much compared to the actions that you take to fulfill the meaning behind the thanks.

Actions speak louder than words. :thumbs:

I just feel bad for Naruto :shamefulcry0js: ...he does so much for her and she could do something...at least 'show him a good time'

#16 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:44 AM

It does not matter if does or not, but if they feel a mutual feeling of love towards each other, in health or sickness smile.gif
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#17 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:48 AM

Interesting question you've brought up here.

For the "Thank you", I think she said that during promise of a lifetime. And I don't think it was just for the Sasuke incident: I think it included everything that happened prior to that. She said (well, thought) that in the end, Naruto always understood her, and had always helped her despite how mean she was to him (which as brought up before, wasn't that bad).

Her actions in Part 2 show how much she cares about him, and Naruto knows this, at least as a teammate and friend. She expressed she was worried about Naruto going up against Akatsuki, she ran towards his four-tailed form and nearly got killed, healed him, didn't tell him it was he who hurt her, and nearly fed him ramen as well. While this is not registering in Naruto's brain as romantic, I think he's getting the message that she does care about him a lot more than before.

So, yes, I think she does deserve him. She realized her mistakes, is willing and able to risk her life for Naruto's sake, and while he probably would like more, all he really needs is for Sakura to acknowledge him as one of her most important people.

If we get a love confession, I'd imagine Sakura saying something like "I don't deserve you" and Naruto replying along the lines of "You deserve everything".

My opinion, that's all.

#18 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Dec 12 2007, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we get a love confession, I'd imagine Sakura saying something like "I don't deserve you" and Naruto replying along the lines of "You deserve everything".

That be awesome :thumbs:

All we need now is some smex after the scene tongue.gif

#19 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Dec 11 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But.........

Well, I'll admit, Sakura could have been a better person in Part 1...well, actually she was a pretty good person if you think about. She did care about her teammates and all. She could of done more for Naruto and she was obsessed with Sasuke, but she did care about Naruto and that says a lot considering who he is. Besides, her kindness in Part 2 make it up for me. I will admit that I was just a little tweaked when she didn't say thank you to Naruto for the whole saving her life from a raging lunatic thing...but I was more...disappointed, you could say, with the fact that she automatically thought it was Sasuke...since I had been waiting for a long time for him to get to show off.

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 11 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.. yes, I agree!

Took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbs:

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 11 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*cough*

Oh...I see where you're going with this...and I like it! wub.gif

#20 Asuma&TheCigarrete

Asuma&TheCigarrete

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Dec 11 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O_o

Then what is?

And you ask this to me?

If i was able to understand wemen i'd be the richest man in the world!!! B)

And i'm not near of it tbh... wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users