Close
Photo

Alternate Pairings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#1 shiroihato

shiroihato

IESU, Rex admirabilis! Servatis A Pereculum!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Sakunaru<br />Sakura Haruno fanfiction<br />writing my novel<br />Evenesance, The Fray, All American Rejects<br />Japan/ Japanese<br />(Nihon, Nihongo)

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

Okay, if Naruto and Sakura for some unlikely, It-will-never-happen-because-I-say-so, reason couldn't be togethor, who would you choose to pair them with? I think I'd pick SasuSaku and NaruHina.
あなたの幸せ願うほど わがままが増えてくよ-
The more I wish for your happiness, the more selfish I become

My Mibba- Paradox Complex ~ My FF.net Account ~My Useless Youtube ~The Mary Sue Test

#2 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

I don't have a backup for either, although both of those choices would be fairly high on the list of the least likely for me to pick.

#3 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

Eh. Probably NaruIno or SasuHina xD Crack yes I know. But, yeah, as a last restort...SasuSaku and NaruHina. ( I can stand NaruHina just not SasuSaku as much )

LOVE IS WAR,

#4 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

Well, I guess SasuSaku and NaruHina.
I am still pinky-ash

#5 Naru13

Naru13

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

I dunno, only other girl who can keep comtrol over Naruto, who's near his age and he might have a small chance with, is Ino. And, Lee is a little similar to Naruto, so maybe Sakura with Lee?

But yeah, SasuSaku and NaruHina do seem like the most likely back-ups.
ナルサク:永久に恋人

#6 nevermore199

nevermore199

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fruits Basket, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Harry Potter, Harvest Moon, Kingdom Hearts, Pirates of the Caribbean, Naruto, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Sonic the Hedgehog, Twilight, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

SasuSaku and NaruHina are my backups, because I actually do like both of those couples in addition to NaruSaku.

#7 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

Well . . .
--------------------

#8 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

well... I guess NaruHina? Since they hold a good argument about Naruto noticing Hinata and her feelings... which is possible.

SasuSaku? until Sasuke's side is resolved... but I also think it can happen... not just now... wink.gif

Now that I think of it... if it ends up as NaruHina I wouldn't have much problem about NejiTen... laugh.gif

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#9 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

They won't end up with anyone then. NaruSaku or no pair at all
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:02 PM

If you mean any possible pairing...well there are a couple of pairings that I like more than NaruSaku, but, to be honest, I don't want to see them in the manga because Kishimoto would basically have to pull a Toriyama (Vegeta/Bulma) to make it happen, and I don't want that. If they are paired, I'd want a similar level of development as has been dedicated to NaruSaku. Because as much as I like those other pairings, to just pair them off doesn't make for a good story, which, above all else, is what I want.

Even in the case of Naruto/Ino where they have at least interacted, there isn't really any meaningful interaction between them and Kishimoto would have to spend a significant time developing them to make it believable.

So...I don't really have a back up pairing. If NaruSaku can't then I would assume SasuSaku and/or NaruHina occurring, if there is a pairing at all. Still, they aren't back-ups because I don't ship either of them to any degree. The fact that NaruSaku isn't going to happen doesn't make me want them to happen any more than I do now.

#11 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 13 2007, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well . . .
--------------------

Me too....heh heh

-

But if not, for back up I always found Naru/Tem a rather nice pair. Yes I know the majority of fans say it would be:
Shika/Tem, it's not that I don't like this pairing on that the contrary I support the pairing it's just I really loved that moment when Naruto told Sakura, Kakashi, and Temari. How her expression went from sympathy maybe even a hint of admiration. And when the tear drop and landed on her cheek to shock, respect, and most of all gratitude. They captured that moment in the manga and anime fairly well. Plus, I believe out of all people Gaara would find it more appealing and would accept it knowing that his sister would be in good hands of his friend and future Hokage. Uzumaki Naruto. And added bonus of why I back it up, even it was probably just for laughs, in the end of episode of 16, where Temari, Kankurou, and Naruto were in the hot springs. How Temari asked for the soap and Naruto wanted to take peek. It was funny, but i couldn't tell in the end how naruto got dressed? When I saw Temari was blushing, I though at first because of the springs, but then I saw Naruto was dressed also. My regretfully perverted mind thought Temari caught a glimpse of Naruto. Maybe that was why she was blushing, because Kankurou didn't have the red tint on his face. But I had to remember it was only for humor after all. But meh whatever.

But logically if it was popular vote that if Naru/Saku doesn't happen, then it would probably Sasu/Saku and Naru/Hina. But I already told you who I want for Naruto if Naru/Saku doesn't work out.

Shika/Ino can work also, because Ino and Temari are both like Shikamaru's mother. Shikamaru's dad did say something about the most toughest women are tender and loving to their man. I have this wrong completely it's not an actual quote, but it's around there.
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#12 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Jun 14 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you mean any possible pairing...well there are a couple of pairings that I like more than NaruSaku, but, to be honest, I don't want to see them in the manga because Kishimoto would basically have to pull a Toriyama (Vegeta/Bulma) to make it happen, and I don't want that. If they are paired, I'd want a similar level of development as has been dedicated to NaruSaku. Because as much as I like those other pairings, to just pair them off doesn't make for a good story, which, above all else, is what I want.

Even in the case of Naruto/Ino where they have at least interacted, there isn't really any meaningful interaction between them and Kishimoto would have to spend a significant time developing them to make it believable.

So...I don't really have a back up pairing. If NaruSaku can't then I would assume SasuSaku and/or NaruHina occurring, if there is a pairing at all. Still, they aren't back-ups because I don't ship either of them to any degree. The fact that NaruSaku isn't going to happen doesn't make me want them to happen any more than I do now.

I agree as well. No other pairing has been given so much significance as Naruto's and Sakura's relationship. And I mean development from both sides not just the crush. Sure Naruto has had a crush on Sakura since he was 12 or maybe longer but he proved his feelings to be deeper than infatuation in chapter 183.

I don't have second pairing lined up or anything.

QUOTE (drag-eart @ Jun 14 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too....heh heh

-

But if not, for back up I always found Naru/Tem a rather nice pair. Yes I know the majority of fans say it would be:
Shika/Tem, it's not that I don't like this pairing on that the contrary I support the pairing it's just I really loved that moment when Naruto told Sakura, Kakashi, and Temari. How her expression went from sympathy maybe even a hint of admiration. And when the tear drop and landed on her cheek to shock, respect, and most of all gratitude. They captured that moment in the manga and anime fairly well. Plus, I believe out of all people Gaara would find it more appealing and would accept it knowing that his sister would be in good hands of his friend and future Hokage. Uzumaki Naruto. And added bonus of why I back it up, even it was probably just for laughs, in the end of episode of 16, where Temari, Kankurou, and Naruto were in the hot springs. How Temari asked for the soap and Naruto wanted to take peek. It was funny, but i couldn't tell in the end how naruto got dressed? When I saw Temari was blushing, I though at first because of the springs, but then I saw Naruto was dressed also. My regretfully perverted mind thought Temari caught a glimpse of Naruto. Maybe that was why she was blushing, because Kankurou didn't have the red tint on his face. But I had to remember it was only for humor after all. But meh whatever.

But logically if it was popular vote that if Naru/Saku doesn't happen, then it would probably Sasu/Saku and Naru/Hina. But I already told you who I want for Naruto if Naru/Saku doesn't work out.

Shika/Ino can work also, because Ino and Temari are both like Shikamaru's mother. Shikamaru's dad did say something about the most toughest women are tender and loving to their man. I have this wrong completely it's not an actual quote, but it's around there.

I understand where you are coming from in NaruTemari pairing.

Also in Shika/Ino and Shika/Temari how both Ino and Temari act bossy around him is notable. Though I have to say that Temari is more of a 'You better respect me or else' kind of thing. Whereas with Ino its like 'Hey Shika you better listen to me or else I will chew your ear out or something.'

I know not good analogies but I can't seem to think or anything else at the moment 121721.gif

If there is no NaruSaku I say its better not to have any pairing.

If the pairing thats most developed does not get resolved then I don't think other pairing have a chance without Kishi-sensei making loophole after another.

#13 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:55 AM

Actually, I'd think that NaruTsu would have a solid base enough base to nearly be on par with NaruSaku, considering it has constant interaction and a mutual understanding from both parties that potentially could easily delve deeper. Throw in the facts that Sakura is modelled after Tsunade in every facet except for physically (or Tsunade after Sakura if you're going by in order of appearance) and that Naruto and Tsunade hooking up would actually tie up all loose ends since he'd easily attain Hokage. errr--attaining the Hokage title from that point, I mean. Yeah.

Course, this isn't right up alot of other people's alley but I'd see it as a logical progression...

Viva NaruTsu!

--------------------

#14 Akiruta

Akiruta

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:14 AM

hmmmmmm i cant really say what it would be. i mean hinta just is so...... quite and hardly self confindent,while naruto is the exact oppisite.
my main back up proboley have to be saskue and sakura.

#15 drag-eart

drag-eart

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jun 14 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand where you are coming from in NaruTemari pairing.

Also in Shika/Ino and Shika/Temari how both Ino and Temari act bossy around him is notable. Though I have to say that Temari is more of a 'You better respect me or else' kind of thing. Whereas with Ino its like 'Hey Shika you better listen to me or else I will chew your ear out or something.'

I know not good analogies but I can't seem to think or anything else at the moment 121721.gif

If there is no NaruSaku I say its better not to have any pairing.

If the pairing thats most developed does not get resolved then I don't think other pairing have a chance without Kishi-sensei making loophole after another.

I get where you're coming at in the whole Ino and Temari thing, you explained it well enough. Don't worry about it. happy.gif

Yeah, you have a point there, after all the manga isn't really a romance kind of story. But either way it's enjoyable when you get to see an occasional moment. I just hope Kishi makes some development if he doesn't go with Naru/Saku. Because in the whole Shippudden series they gotten considerably closer and can be themselves around each other they don't have to lie and become something their not. That's why I love this pairing it just seems real to me. Both have a deep connection. :thumbs:

But I'm with you on that if no Naru/Saku, then no pairing at all biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 14 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I'd think that NaruTsu would have a solid base enough base to nearly be on par with NaruSaku, considering it has constant interaction and a mutual understanding from both parties that potentially could easily delve deeper. Throw in the facts that Sakura is modelled after Tsunade in every facet except for physically (or Tsunade after Sakura if you're going by in order of appearance) and that Naruto and Tsunade hooking up would actually tie up all loose ends since he'd easily attain Hokage. errr--attaining the Hokage title from that point, I mean. Yeah.

Course, this isn't right up alot of other people's alley but I'd see it as a logical progression...

Viva NaruTsu!

--------------------

Yep, Yep I'll go with this kind of pairing also 111191.gif

Straight to the top for Naruto

#16 VNgal

VNgal

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

If Naruto and Sakura couldn't be together, I would like Sakura to be with Sasuke. Naruto is best with Hinata.

#17 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 14 2007, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Viva NaruTsu!

--------------------

lol Vespar, now I get what people mean that Naruto doesn't need a promotion. He will jump the positions and become a Hokage from a genin lmao

laugh.gif

Nice very nice. I would agree with you if only we didn't know that Tsunade wat 50 years old.

And well personally after NaruSaku the next pairing that I really really like is JirTsu. I know there is no indication at all and everything, but what can I do, I am one of those people who think that they can have a healthy relationship and they understand each other.

Can you imagine Jiraiya writing his books after Tsunade because she won't allow him to peep anymore. I would love to see his face then 111189.gif

#18 drag-eart

drag-eart

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jun 16 2007, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol Vespar, now I get what people mean that Naruto doesn't need a promotion. He will jump the positions and become a Hokage from a genin lmao

laugh.gif

Nice very nice. I would agree with you if only we didn't know that Tsunade wat 50 years old.

And well personally after NaruSaku the next pairing that I really really like is JirTsu. I know there is no indication at all and everything, but what can I do, I am one of those people who think that they can have a healthy relationship and they understand each other.

Can you imagine Jiraiya writing his books after Tsunade because she won't allow him to peep anymore. I would love to see his face then 111189.gif

I think Jiraiya does like her, at least I think so. He asked her on a date before didn't he?? So he liked her at one time. sweatdrop.gif. I think it will work, it is sort of a Naru/Saku relationship between Jir/Tsun.

#19 Akiruta

Akiruta

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

yea i think he did ask her and you woudl have to admit that would be kinda funny to see them together!

and the whole narutoxtsunade thing i think i could work out just that the fact that she is some 50 years old(kinda creppy)

#20 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (drag-eart @ Jun 17 2007, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Jiraiya does like her, at least I think so. He asked her on a date before didn't he?? So he liked her at one time. sweatdrop.gif. I think it will work, it is sort of a Naru/Saku relationship between Jir/Tsun.

I think he likes her as well. I don't think Kishi will ever show anything on their relationship in the manga. But it provides a hell of a good material for a fanfic. I know personally because I am in the process of writing a narusaku fic and Jiraiya and Tsunade fit the role as an older example.

It provides good comic relief and I get plenty of room to write serious moments.

My friend said "JirTsu is like an old version of NaruSaku, where Sakura still loves Sasuke after his death and Naruto basically helps to ease the pain and provide her something else to live for."

I think he was comparing Sasuke to Dan only in terms of providing a character where the lady or the girl was in love with someone, even though she might have felt something for their friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users