• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

^^^^^^

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#2 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

No.

#3 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

Nope, Windows XP was released back in 2001 I'm kinda surprised they kept support for it this long, if someone wants to upgrade from XP you can find a Vista computer at a pawn shop for around $100US (best time to buy is about a month after school starts, there is usually a discount).

Edited by Jake, 17 July 2014 - 01:23 AM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#4 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

No, part of their standard roadmap of support. Typically, mainstream support ends 5 years after the release of an OS and extended support ends 10 years after its release.

I'll be more disappointed when WIndows 7 extended support ends. I have Windows 8 and 8.1 and a lot of my older programs and games get broken on Windows 8.1.

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Windows 7 is better

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

any of you ever actually lived with one it is great for its age

#7 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

It was great for its age, except now it's not its age anymore.

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

So was internet explorer for a long time, but now everyone uses FireFox and IE hasn't been updated in a decade.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

So was internet explorer for a long time, but now everyone uses FireFox and IE hasn't been updated in a decade.

I used IE under duress.

I prefer Opera and Safari.

#10 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

My first computer was a 486 and it had not Windows software pre-installed (funny thinking that once upon a time computers had no a pre-installed Windows version). My first Windows was 3.11. After I used 95, 2000 (piece of garbage) and XP.

So yes, I have "lived" with one.

I do not feel a need for updating my Windows software since XP suits my needs and I am not going to innecessarily upgrade only to -further- fill Microsoft's bulging pockets with my hard-earned money, but I do not feel a need for defending it either.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#11 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Throughout my life I (or my family) have owned 5 (working) computers, with 4 different versions of Windows (95, XP, Vista, Vista and 8).

So I had one with XP, but I grew up with 95 (actually still used that thing when Vista was out).

But honestly Windows 8 isn't that bad once you get used to it, but then again computers were not that important to us at the time (and we didn't have internet until we got the first one with Vista which was back in '09).

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#12 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

No not really. Even if Microsoft stopped supporting XP that doesn't mean you can't use it. You can still use it perfectly fine as along as you have a good antivirus (every windows doesn't matter if it's XP or 7 or 8 or whatever, needs an antivirus on it) you just have to be more careful.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#13 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

No not really. Even if Microsoft stopped supporting XP that doesn't mean you can't use it. You can still use it perfectly fine as along as you have a good antivirus (every windows doesn't matter if it's XP or 7 or 8 or whatever, needs an antivirus on it) you just have to be more careful.

what really is the reason was the xp atms were defenseless to thefts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users