54 replies to this topic

#41 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:45 AM

I think that the movie hints at the direction that the manga is taking, such that it has a context in the story. I guess it's logical to hypothesize that there will be, at the very least, a time skip involved, considering that everyone has grown up. I don't know whether he could drag the plot for an entire part, however, considering that it seems that many major plot points and themes are already well on their way to reaching a resolution.

Right.  I get all that. But there is no evidence to suggest that the time skip happens within the manga.  It seems more likely that the manga will conclude as Kishimoto has said, and the movie will function more as an epilogue -- as the movie's title, "The Last", suggests.

I wouldn't consider the story continuing in film as a Part 3.  There would only be a Part 3 if the manga continued.  Otherwise it's just Part I, Shippuden, and a film epilogue.  

#42 TheQueenB

TheQueenB

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Right.  I get all that. But there is no evidence to suggest that the time skip happens within the manga.  It seems more likely that the manga will conclude as Kishimoto has said, and the movie will function more as an epilogue -- as the movie's title, "The Last", suggests.

I wouldn't consider the story continuing in film as a Part 3.  There would only be a Part 3 if the manga continued.  Otherwise it's just Part I, Shippuden, and a film epilogue.  

I'm dubious about the film serving as an epilogue, though, as it would be rather disjointed and inconsistent to switch between two media, especially at such a late point, in order to completely tell the story. It also would be hard, because not everyone would have access to both modes. Hmmm... I really don't know what to think anymore with this story, in all honesty :mellow: . 

If there is a part 3, I think we can assume that it won't be nearly as long as part 2. Like QueenB said, it won't be dragged like part 2 since most of the knots are tied up, just the remaining one. Ex. Naruto becomes Hokage

Thanks! ^_^ Ummm... Another thing that comes to mind is that perhaps another villain might come along who might bear some symbolic worth, in terms of Naruto's growth, which will impact his journey to becoming Hokage. He's developed his skills, little by little, but he still has a lot to learn, just the same, so perhaps we might have some more things by way of character development. *crosses fingers*

Edited by TheQueenB, 20 September 2014 - 05:09 AM.

tumblr_mzsu8jPgZk1qfqao1o3_500.gif

I'll always be there to catch you when you fall. 

#43 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

I'm dubious about the film serving as an epilogue, though, as it would be rather disjointed and inconsistent to switch between two media, especially at such a late point, in order to completely tell the story. It also would be hard, because not everyone would have access to both modes. Hmmm... I really don't know what to think anymore with this story, in all honesty :mellow: .

I tend to agree.  I am not convinced the movie has anything to do with events in the manga, at least in terms of the continuation of the original story.  Everyone seems to be assuming that the movie contains canon material that is a continuation, but it may simply be a movie with canon elements that are essentially used in an AU -- like RtN.  

The title -- The Last -- could mean an epilogue, if the powers that be decide to depart from tradition and complete the story in film for some reason, or it could mean that it's simply the last Naruto feature that will be released because Kishimoto is done writing and drawing for this universe, and ready to move on to something else.

IDK.  I guess we'll see.  Nothing would surprise me, either way.

#44 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

I don't think so. Right now, Obito and Madara have been defeated, the Tailed Beasts have been peruaded towards peace and Harmony, and the 5 great nations have banded together under one banner. The only real antagonist element right now is Sasuke and that will be solved with Naruto and Sasuke's battle. (No one defeats Naruto's Talk No Jutsu.) My guess is that Part 2 will be the last hurrah for this series. Though perhaps after a break and if Kishi is not as successful with his other endeavors he may resurrect the series.

Edited by Shadow1275, 20 September 2014 - 05:57 AM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#45 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

Okay where do you guys get information that there's going to be a part 3??? Has Kishimoto confirm that there will be such??? Because as long as its not officially confirm by him part 3 will remain a rumor. As I said before I see no reason for a part 3 Kishi will be milking the series even further.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#46 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

People are just basing on the Last, so the conclusion is easily taken that there will be part 3. But really, we don't truly know at the moment. It is true that the problems are getting solved, so what is there to explore. I mean granted you can cover the aspect of adulthood. There are movies/series that cover all ages, mainly from kid to adult. Adulthood can be used to explore on what to expect in that lifestyle. The thing is what is the dilemma. We don't know. So until all said and done, nothing is truly confirmed. I'm a little skeptical that the company didn't ad this as the conclusion and everyone should come back to witness the end or rather witness the final arc. I mean you can get away with it by just ending it, but this is their mega franchise in the company, so I don't know. Maybe because of the Last. That is if it is the real part 3. At this time, nothing is certain.

#47 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:33 AM

There won't be a Part 3. But a lot of wrapping up to do.

Edited by Iwantbuns, 24 September 2014 - 01:15 AM.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#48 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

The war was rushed now Naruto and Sasuke have a final battle then the IT will be released after their fight I wonder what will be next?

#49 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

The war was rushed now Naruto and Sasuke have a final battle then the IT will be released after their fight I wonder what will be next?

Space ninja, or naruto vs sasuke round 3.

#50 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

I have confidence there will be another story arc.

Technically speaking we already got a confirmation for Part 3.....the movie is Part 3.

eh10ut.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users