201 replies to this topic

#161 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

He didn't say that :P He's saying that he's excited for the Boruto manga and anime coming to the US and hoping to enjoy the next generation.

Translation: Please buy it. I am sick of seeing Tokyo Ghoul and One Punch Man and occasionally My Hero Academia in top 10 list. Granted it's not there anymore but I can feel it.

#162 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Translation: Please buy it. I am sick of seeing Tokyo Ghoul and One Punch Man and occasionally My Hero Academia in top 10 list. Granted it's not there anymore but I can feel it.

Yup. Give me more money.

#163 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

Explains why there are subtitles. This is addressed to that mystical international US fanbase that existed before Toonami was taken off prime time. You know that group that help make his manga an international seller that rival if not surpassed One Piece in sales. Most have which have left the series never to return and those that did are probably watching it for free online. So once knowing that, this actually is too sad to watch cause they still don't get their fanbase. Even though they made their ending on what they thought their international fanbase wanted.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#164 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

So I just checked out the official viz translations of Chapter 11, and wow there is a contrast (not alot, but a little) with Sarada's Dialogue compared to Mangastream's translations:

MS translations: 

Sarada: "Your Boss is Strong is he?  I'd love to meet him.. I wonder if he's my type?"

The official Viz translations:

Sarada: "Oh He's really strong, huh?" I'd love to meet him." 

The I wonder if he's my type line wasn't even present in the official translations which means Mangastream just wanted to add it on for lol!

Edited by LuckyChi7, 12 April 2017 - 10:11 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#165 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

So I just checked out the official viz translations of Chapter 11, and wow there is a contrast (not alot, but a little) with Sarada's Dialogue compared to Mangastream's translations:

MS translations: 

Sarada: "Your Boss is Strong is he?  I'd love to meet him.. I wonder if he's my type?"

The I wonder if he's my type line wasn't even present in the official translations which means Mangastream just wanted to add it on for lol!

That's not fair for them to do so.

#166 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

We have had instances before where Viz will change lines completely to suit their needs. They probably realized how inappropriate that line would be and how it would force them to boost the rating up. So they changed it while keeping a similar meaning.

#167 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

Just be happy Japan seems to agree with you.

Oh I am. :yes:  Well the Vast majority of the anime watching community in Japan in any case.

He didn't say that :P He's saying that he's excited for the Boruto manga and anime coming to the US and hoping to enjoy the next generation.

I hope it TANKS here in the US. even worse than Japan. Just to RUB IN SP's faces how wrong their decision was :kukuku: 

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 April 2017 - 10:43 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#168 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

check this out

http://www.animenews...16-2017/.114453

#169 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

My boy Attack on Titan is killing it  :goodjob:

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#170 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:39 AM

I think any anime can kick Boruto's ass any day.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#171 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:26 AM

This is volumes printed not sold. They still are hoping that Boruto is an international seller so they are going to print as many as possible and send them all over the world hoping they sell. If it works they make their money back, if it doesn't they losses more money because of over estimating Boruto foreign market.

#172 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

@bail
Burito would be print by the license holder. Shuseia will not ship it oversea.

#173 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Boruto at the near bottom of Shueisha's list and it can be wiped out any time. That's what happens when a story kills the plot and the main characters.

#174 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

MS translations: 

MS translations: 

Couldn't it work the other way? Do you think Viz would scrub the line because of its sexualized nature and her being 12?

#175 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

@bail
Burito would be print by the license holder. Shuseia will not ship it oversea.

So none of the volumes have been shipped overseas? None? None. Not A Single one? So then, how did Lucky get a physical copy of the first volume written in English to take pictures of?

Companies need to print volumes of their manga which they then put in stores and online to sell in order to make money. If they think they got a hit or they just want to put their product out there to get as many customers as possible they will print a lot of copies which they then sell to distributors for them to sell to customers.

Also, in some cases companies will just print off a lot of copies to hide the fact that their product isn't selling in stores. Marvel has been doing that for years, where they been trying to hide the fact that their comics aren't selling by giving stores more comics then they requested. So when surveys like these are done they can show of comics that been printed to hide the fact that their comics aren't selling in stores.

Now again I don't think Shueisha doing that, yet. I think they still believe the Naruto franchise is an international seller, and that problem they been having with Boruto so far are because they have lost the Japanese fanbase. So once they got the boruto volumes they have them translated and sent to as many stores internationally as possible, and when you send three volumes to as many stores as possible across 20 or so countries it very easy to print 450,000 volumes. Now if they are selling? That is a different story.

Boruto at the near bottom of Shueisha's list and it can be wiped out any time. That's what happens when a story kills the plot and the main characters.

They have more manga then just those twenty. They will probably keep it going either just thinking either that is just some bad luck at the start of the story and the manga will bounce back or they are going to realizes that the Naruto franchise is no longer the money maker it once was and lower their expectations.

Couldn't it work the other way? Do you think Viz would scrub the line because of its sexualized nature and her being 12?

We have had instances before where Viz will change lines completely to suit their needs. They probably realized how inappropriate that line would be and how it would force them to boost the rating up. So they changed it while keeping a similar meaning.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 April 2017 - 11:52 PM.

#176 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

Hey guys I went out to Tesco's today and I saw a book which had Boruto on it and here is the funny thing it said this "Bourto, like father like son the destiny continues."

So the way I see it that Bolt will become a kitten/scumbag like his dad is now and will let killers go and use Sarada just like Naruto used Sakura, so what I think this means is that he will pretend to like Sarada but by the end will fail in love with SP Hinata clone that they have made.

Not only that but we can at least guess that Bolt will forgive Nail in what he did to Konoha later have their lame ass fight that they will have.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 15 April 2017 - 01:24 PM.

#177 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

I think any anime can kick Boruto's ass any day.

Exactly I think even even the most generic "Light novel" anime can kick Boruto's @$$ anyday!!!! :w00t: And trust me I find most "light novel" anime unappealing to me personally but I'd take them over "Burrito" any time :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 April 2017 - 10:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#178 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mothra, Uzumaki, UFO:1999, Free!Iwatobi Swim Club.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Hey guys I went out to Tesco's today and I saw a book which had Boruto on it and here is the funny thing it said this "Bourto, like father like son the destiny continues."

So the way I see it that Bolt will become a kitten/scumbag like his dad is now and will let killers go and use Sarada just like Naruto used Sakura, so what I think this means is that he will pretend to like Sarada but by the end will fail in love with SP Hinata clone that they have made.

I was thinking i could actually like Bolt if he continued to resent his father and went in the opposite direction to him.. oh well

tumblr_inline_nse08cLMcp1rcy56f_540.png

77cb7bcf1ff20c3b44f5f5ae70055fde.jpg

#179 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

@bail
The license holder is the one who translate and sell it in their own region. Susheia doesn't print the English version and sell it oversea because it much more cheaper to just license it.
Shuseia only sell the Japanese version. And that's my point.

The 450k copy is just in japan and not all over the world selling.

Edited by rocci, 16 April 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#180 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

I was thinking i could actually like Bolt if he continued to resent his father and went in the opposite direction to him.. oh well

tumblr_inline_nse08cLMcp1rcy56f_540.png

77cb7bcf1ff20c3b44f5f5ae70055fde.jpg

Even if he did I still wouldn't like because he still just a bratty carbon copy of Naruto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users