Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

This kid is smarter than you!

Genius kid...

He's graduating with a 4.0 GPA at 11, taking martial arts... (Must be those hidden asian genes) >_<

I'm 21 and my best GPA in my 3rd year of college is a 3.3... D:

He's graduating and thinking of releasing a book to teach kids how to do better in school, and video games aren't on the list...

WHY?!??!?! rawr.gif

(Video games are a nice way to kick back after a long day. Certainly you don't want to read books after you just shoved your head in school material)

#2 The Middleman

The Middleman

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:14 AM

I heard about that. He actually doesn't consider himself smart. If anything, he just remembers, memorizes, then pays attention to the details.

#3 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

Always easy to say you don't believe in geniuses when you are one...
Pretty bored.

#4 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

Not on the agenda: playing video games.

"I feel it's a waste of time playing video games because it's not helping humanity in any way," says the 11-year-old, who wants to use his knowledge to change the world.

What how is it a waste of time? I think it a cool way to relax from work or something like that. He's a 11 year old boy that has too much stress. I think he needs a way to relax. His parents need to do something about this, before he stress himself out to much.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 14 June 2009 - 05:02 AM.

#5 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

I think he can handle stress. 4.0 GPA.

If he doesn't like video games, he doesn't like em. His parents already have a scholar on their hands XD

#6 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:05 AM

Jack Thompson Junior?

Is that you?

#7 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 13 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he can handle stress. 4.0 GPA.

If he doesn't like video games, he doesn't like em. His parents already have a scholar on their hands XD

Yes, anyone with a 4.0 GPA can handle stress. Their a saying out their All work and no play makes someone go crazy.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 14 June 2009 - 05:06 AM.

#8 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 14 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, anyone with a 4.0 GPA can handle stress. Their a saying out their All work and no play makes someone go crazy.

Not if the man loves the work he does, which seems to be the case here. This kid loves studying and learning, and finds videogames and play irrelavant. If he likes what he does, then he shouldn't be stresse, which i don't think he is.

And that's not a saying, thats a revised quote from the movie "The Shining"...

Edited by Sora no Senshi, 14 June 2009 - 05:22 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#9 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jun 14 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jack Thompson Junior?

Is that you?

Yes, God? :cookie:

#10 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:41 AM

Wow, my feeling of accomplishment just went down the drain.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#11 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

What i don't quite get is how is it humanly possible to get that far in only 10-11 years? even if he never did anything such as videogames or computer games, it still seems unlikely to be able to get 17 years worth of education and extensive martial arts training in only 11 years. Though i must say, dispite his dislike for videogames, i think he's an awesome person and its nice to have those kinda people in our country who get the job done. biggrin.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#12 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Jun 14 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, my feeling of accomplishment just went down the drain.

I agree, I am lucky to get a 3.00 GPA and this kid get a 4.00 GPA. I felt myself self worth go down the drain.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 14 June 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#13 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:00 AM

Impressive, most impressive. The Force is strong in this one. Though I do have to agree, he's 11 but he has 17 years of education and 11 years of Martial Arts? That meant he has to have been doing both when he was a baby...he must've just likely skipped several grades, but that martial arts thing? I dunno.... And, well, there was a study by Kutner and Olson, co-directors of the Harvard Medical School Center for Mental Health and Media, a division of the department of psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital, that video games do allow most people to become less violent in their adult lives. There's also a slightly greater chance of becoming a violent person if you played less video games. So, it's not really putting too much of a negative impact on humanity, just if someone played a lot of exclusively M-rated games does a person run the risk of violent behavior in regards to games. Read Grand Theft Auto Childhood for more info

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 14 June 2009 - 06:06 AM.

#14 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:01 AM

Obviously he's never played Brain Age for the DS. hm.png

#15 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 14 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously he's never played Brain Age for the DS. hm.png

That game is clearly evil! rawr.gif

It always said I had a 30 year old mentality! fu.png

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

The kid may be a certifiable genius, but he's obviously ignorant. He obviously doesn't understand a thing about the effects of video games and the positive things they can do. Also, changing the world? Good luck kid; unless you cure cancer or invent a flying car I doubt many people are going to give a s***.

Still, he's young yet. He'll learn.

I agree, I am lucky to get a 3.00 GPA and this kid get a 4.00 GPA. I felt myself self worth go down the drain.

You shouldn't. The kids book smart. Being book smart is not the only criteria for intelligence. There are plenty of other factors.
bd5.jpg

#17 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:28 AM

All he's demonstrated is the ability to memorize and re-state ideas. While that is important, it far from makes him a genius. A genius not only knows the knowledge of before, but also brings something new to the table. Einstein was a genius because he revolutionized modern science. Newton was a Genius because he defined and quantified universal rules, allowing a new age of scientific advancement.

This kid is smart. But he's no genius.

Yet, he's got a lot of potential.
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#18 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

WOW. he's superhuman. gosh. and i thought i was intelligent. haha happy.gif

#19 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

Gee I feel sorry for the kid, I mean how many people does he have to relate to?

But what's this I hear about video games? arg.gif

#20 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

He got no life, nuff said

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users