Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Apr 23 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I not taking her sided I just stated that Preaz took away the freedom of speech

Not quite.

The First Amendment is a restriction on the government's a ability to restrict speech. Virtually all the Bill of Rights and most other constitutional Amendments are restrictions on government (specifically the federal government (with the 14th being one of the few that specifically targets States).

For instance, if you say something I hate is my house, I can tell you to not speak or throw you out if you don't. I don't violate any of your constitution rights by doing that.

It's how the Augusta can get away with refusing membership to women and not violate the 14th Amendment. There is no state action involved.

What grates my nerves the most about those who booed and those who stand behind Perez is that its blatantly selective. They can support such behavior because they agree with what he says, but if the positions were reversed and it were they're views under assault like that, they'd be marching in the streets demanding that the judge be reprimanded and the crown given to her.

It's amazing how easy it is to accept or support such a thing when it's not your views that are being targeted.

Winning Ms. America should not be contingent on the contestants sharing the views off the judges.

#42 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 23 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, wasn't trying to make you feel bad ^^

Yeah, I think he did it for that reason too, and so people would think that he was related to 'celebrity' rolleyes.gif

Lol, he actually has said that he did it because he comes from a cuban family, and 'perez' is a very popular last name. (It's my maiden name also.)

The Hilton part was added because it was catchy, I guess.

#43 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 23 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries. I get what you're trying to say. smile.gif

Yayz^^

#44 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Apr 23 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, he actually has said that he did it because he comes from a cuban family, and 'perez' is a very popular last name. (It's my maiden name also.)

The Hilton part was added because it was catchy, I guess.

Hilton part was added because he wanted to be associated with spoiled brats like the real Hiltons.

Worst name in the world. dry.gif

#45 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 24 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hilton part was added because he wanted to be associated with spoiled brats like the real Hiltons.

Worst name in the world. dry.gif

Quoted for the truth

#46 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

BWAHAHA.

"Miss California loves Jesus .... just not the fun bags he gave her."

In an interview with celebrity journalist Billy Bush on Wednesday, Miss USA 1995 Shana Moakler, Co-Executive Director of the Miss California Organization, confirmed that the group paid for Miss California Carrie Prejean’s breast implants just six weeks before she competed in the 2009 Miss USA pageant earlier this month.

--> source

#47 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ May 1 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BWAHAHA.

"Miss California loves Jesus .... just not the fun bags he gave her."

--> source

Krisk lol that made me laugh

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 18 May 2009 - 03:10 AM.

#48 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

Its alittle awkward and a coincedence that I went to high school with Ms. Carolina, or by now Ms. America. Though I graduated a couple years before she did at Hoggard high school.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#49 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Naruto @ May 24 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its alittle awkward and a coincedence that I went to high school with Ms. Carolina, or by now Ms. America. Though I graduated a couple years before she did at Hoggard high school.

lol you did wow anti it is a small world.

#50 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

Oh the epic lulz:

Miss California fired :cookie:

#51 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

Now that would be her fault. :cookie:

#52 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 10 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh the epic lulz:

Miss California fired :cookie:

Yeap I agree with cloud that is her fault.

#53 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 10 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeap I agree with cloud that is her fault.

Good thing then that Perez Hilton messed her up afterall >.>! she didn't become Miss Universe :cookie:

#54 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 10 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good thing then that Perez Hilton messed her up afterall >.>! she didn't become Miss Universe :cookie:

:cookie: ?

#55 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 10 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#56 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 11 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that would be her fault. :cookie:

lol i agree happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic