6 replies to this topic

#1 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hello! Sorry if this was brought up in a thread somewhere, but I was wondering about this. Apparently Kishimoto has attended NaruSaku conventions? I first heard someone mention on tumblr (but I didn't really trust the person too much since they're a bit of a basher) and did a google search, which lead me to this: 

http://answers.yahoo...01090443AAgLhUW

Again, this isn't a really solid source but the person seems reasonable enough, moreso than tumblr-person. There is mention of a Jump Fiesta DVD and the quote that Sakura is like his wife.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find mention of this outside those two instances. If anyone knows about Kishimoto attending NaruSaku conventions, post here? I'm not saying this is true or not. It would be very nice, but it could also be someone making something up--very convincingly, but it could still be a lie. What do you think?

#2 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I would like to think this is true. If it was  I would be very glad but I doubt it.

#3 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Without solid evidence it's best to assume it's false. The problem with the internet is that people tend to remember things that never happened and then talk about it. This causes mass amounts of people to, without knowing, create a rumor. Here's my advice : If you ever do find an official interview then post the source wherever you can immediately that way it doesn't get lost to the ages.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I don't think so. It would have been cool, but no evidence, no confirmation. That said I wonder about this year Jump Fiesta. Kishi will be there, right? It should be interesting to know what's next after this arc.

#5 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

That's sort of why I made the thread, to see if anyone else has heard of it. I know there are NaruSaku conventions and I know Jump Fiesta does these sort of things, but I've never seen any footage of Kishimoto before so I wouldn't know. 

#6 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

I remember this question from a while ago (it came up from before). No Kishimoto has not gone to any pairing conventions, and that is a solid no. I am not saying that TheSage is someone who would spread false rumors knowingly (I do not know him), and "NaruSaku convention" may have been a mistake of translation or understanding. There is no talk of it in Japanese forums from what I've seen.

As for this DVD, I'm very sure it is not anything official seeing as it is a "special edition" and not commercialized. The compilation could have been created by a fan (or a fan organization) and distributed through these conventions. If there is such a DVD. I would be able to transcribe it, but I would highly doubt to find evidence of him going to these conventions.

The comment of the wife was made by another mangaka (I forgot, probably mangaka of Bleach).

There is no further evidence. As for the tumblr user, it is not a good source. I hope this answers your question.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#7 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I remember this question from a while ago (it came up from before). No Kishimoto has not gone to any pairing conventions, and that is a solid no. I am not saying that TheSage is someone who would spread false rumors knowingly (I do not know him), and "NaruSaku convention" may have been a mistake of translation or understanding. There is no talk of it in Japanese forums from what I've seen.

As for this DVD, I'm very sure it is not anything official seeing as it is a "special edition" and not commercialized. The compilation could have been created by a fan (or a fan organization) and distributed through these conventions. If there is such a DVD. I would be able to transcribe it, but I would highly doubt to find evidence of him going to these conventions.

The comment of the wife was made by another mangaka (I forgot, probably mangaka of Bleach).

There is no further evidence. As for the tumblr user, it is not a good source. I hope this answers your question.

It was the one piece mangaka he had it in his blog. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users