• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Yay, it's out!

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/590

I really liked this chapter. Although I usually dislike flashbacks, I'm really glad to see what really happened from Itachi's point of view. Hmmm now I wonder how all his will affect and possibly change Sasuke.

Edited by Kim, 20 June 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

So much for seeing Naruto in action this week. --Click here to view--
Honestly was the flashback really necessary once again Kishi has stall another week of putting Naruto in the spotlight. I feel like this chapter was another chapter to fill nothing but space in the story. God we already know why Itachi did it so why more flashbacks. Oh well whatever the edo tensei is done and Madara is also gone.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

As tired as I am with the Uchiha plot, this one was actually the one I've been waiting for. Itachi's POV on the massacre was the one info that we needed the most to put the pictures together and Kishi delivered well.

Fugaku and Mikoto were also good parents, even though they knew that Itachi opposed them, they still loved and respected him just the same.

I also wonder.... the fact they so willingly let Itachi kill them without any resistance seems to me they had a specific reason to die. Perhaps it's their (possible) betrayal of Minato and Kushina?? and if PJ's story is true that Mikoto was Naruto's surrogate mother for a time, Mikoto and Fugaku may have felt deep regret and shame for betraying them and leaving Naruto orphaned. Which is why they (indirectly) committed suicide to atone for it.

If what I've said about Mikoto and Fugaku is true, it would've been nice to see confirmation of that.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#4 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Gosh Itachi, I didn't know you were that corny! Always breaking expectations tongue.gif

I enjoyed this chapter, even though nothing really happened. It was nice to see a bit more of Shisui and what he did. I like that we know Fugaku and Mikoto's last words now, and what they thought. Still, feels strange to see Itachi so emotional this chapter XD

Now to see the deal with Madara. And I still want to know who's behind that mask.

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

Alright, if Itachi made a deal with this masked guy to not attack the village, why did he attack the Leaf Village?

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Jun 20 2012, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, if Itachi made a deal with this masked guy to not attack the village, why did he attack the Leaf Village?

If I remember Tobi/Madara never attacked the village. Sure Pain attacked it but it was to retrieve Naruto, not destroy Konoha in general. When you think about it Tobi did kept his word and even before he declared war against the shinobi nations. He never entered the village since the day he left when the Uchiha clan turned their backs on him.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

OMG, Itachi! shamefulcry0js.gif this chapter still interesting for me. I always love their bonds. This chapter still make me crying sad.gif I cant hold my tears when the panel shows the way Itachi cried before he killed his parents.

My fave panel heheelq7.png

...I will love you forever. --Click here to view--

ItaSasu FTW!!!

Edited by Heaven on Earth, 20 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#8 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 20 2012, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As tired as I am with the Uchiha plot, this one was actually the one I've been waiting for. Itachi's POV on the massacre was the one info that we needed the most to put the pictures together and Kishi delivered well.

Fugaku and Mikoto were also good parents, even though they knew that Itachi opposed them, they still loved and respected him just the same.

I feel exactly the same way; I am beyond ready to move past the Uchiha storyline, but it was necessary and better than the other chapters have been (imo). Itachi's last moments with his parents especially, and as corny as it was, the last page with Itachi and Sasuke was sweet (I can already see the ItaSasu fandom having fangasms over it fu.png ).

Even so, I'm sad that we still haven't gotten back to Naruto yet shamefulcry0js.gif Still, since Madara seems to be dissipating, the Kage fight is over and so is the Uchiha fight (unless Kabuto is going to fight Sasuke again - though that seems horribly redundant and unnecessary given they all just fought), we should be getting to Naruto's fight again next week! a_dance.gif

Edited by Paptala, 20 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#9 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 20 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I remember Tobi/Madara never attacked the village. Sure Pain attacked it but it was to retrieve Naruto, not destroy Konoha in general. When you think about it Tobi did kept his word and even before he declared war against the shinobi nations. He never entered the village since the day he left when the Uchiha clan turned their backs on him.

The attack he did on Kushina to take the nine-tailed beast. He used Kurama to start destroying the village.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 20 June 2012 - 11:08 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Jun 20 2012, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The attack he did on Kushina to take the nine-tailed beast. He used Kurama to start destroying the village.

Oh right I forgot about that. sweatdrop.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Jun 20 2012, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That happened years before, when Sasuke was a baby. This scene is taking place years later, when Sasuke is around 7.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 20 2012, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That happened years before, when Sasuke was a baby. This scene is taking place years later, when Sasuke is around 7.

That is true Tobi made the deal with Itachi when Sasuke was little before the massacre took place.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Sasuke is going to hate even more the leaf itself after seeing what his brother did.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#14 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 20 2012, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is true Tobi made the deal with Itachi when Sasuke was little before the massacre took place.

Seems I was wrong then.

2XtVwF6.png

#15 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

Another flashback, excuese me *goes outside* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *comes back* I needed that.

Alright about the chapter I actually didn't mind it and maybe even liked it, I have absolutly no idea how that happend.

I'm glad to know beond the shadow of a doubt that Itachi was loyal to the leaf village, at first I though that the flashback was unessicary and the Itachi could have just said that what Danzo and Tobi said was true and that would be the end of it but by the end I'm glad Kishi went the route he did, but if there is anyone who has any complants about this chapter I just have to say at least it didn't last 2-3 chapters like Kabuto's flashback did.

At least we should be seing Naruto fight next week, but if next chapter happens to be about Sasuke in any way you will definatly see a repeat of that scream at the top of my post.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#16 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Itachi finally gave Sasuke a fair shake, instead of more manipulation. And he admitted that his mind games, done with the best intentions, totally screwed up. This is the one chapter where he is giving unconditional brotherly love.

I agree with CodusN, although we know what happened during the massacre, it is different to get the character's thoughts and feelings too. The details can make a lot of difference. (We may know that Naruto and Sakura have lunch together often, but it is another matter when we see Naruto getting flushed and nervous at the thought of Sakura feeding him. wub.gif )

Agree with dovahkiin, Sasuke is still going to hate the Leaf. Danzo was still so shifty when he was talking to Itachi. Danzo wasn't fooling anyone that he cared about Sasuke, just that he had some leverage to try to get one of the strongest Uchiha's on his side.

#17 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 20 2012, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another flashback, excuese me *goes outside* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *comes back* I needed that.

But I wanted a Kabuto POV and Itachi POV flashback. So these flashback chapters have been amazing for me. biggrin.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 20 June 2012 - 01:02 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#18 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Very nice chapter. We finally got the last piece of the puzzle regarding the Uchiha massacre and it was pretty much the perfect ending to the whole Uchiha Brothers storyline. I agree with RedDelicious. For once, Itachi was being totally honest with Sasuke and the way it visually was tied together with Itachi hugging Sasuke, instead of poking him like he used to do, was a nice touch.

Also, seeing Fugaku and Mikoto all grim looking right before their death at the hands of their own son, I felt was a very chilling moment. Especially Mikoto, seeing as up until now she had always been portrayed as a very jolly person.

Edited by TerrorKing, 20 June 2012 - 01:08 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#19 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jun 20 2012, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke is going to hate even more the leaf itself after seeing what his brother did.

He got the big picture. --Click here to view--
I don't know? If I look beyond my desire, what is to see Sasuke go crazy I will think that way. But if I lose my dislike for his character and focus more on a neutral view I can say that what we get in this chapter was the acceptance of the Uchiha's fate via Mikoto and Fugaku, to show that the Uchihas were wrong and they asked for that fate also that Konoha didn't wish for the Uchihas demise the Uchihas clearly asked for their fate.

So is natural to see one of these three scenarios.
1- Sasuke keeps seeking revenge and die.
2- Sasuke accept he was wrong fight Naruto in disguise to deceive Tobi in the end.
3- Sasuke forgets his revenge against Konoha and go after Tobi.

The Uchiha were wrong from start to end and Sasuke got the big picture, is next move will decides if he live or die at the end of this Manga.

Also Codus N I agree with your theory,
Naruto manga 502 page 2 --Click here to view--

What was the meaning of Itachi asking for his perents the same time we have the masked guy trying to take over the nine tails? Why Kishi needed to show that they were absent at the moment? For what purpose? If there were always planning to over trown Konoha wouldn't it be logical for Mikoto or Fugaku to share Kushina's pregnancy secret with the masked man, if he tells them that he was planing to destroy Konohas in a way that the Uchihas clan could take over.

Edited by donjoseph19, 20 June 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#20 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Itachi = Coolest big brother ever:)

Great Chapter, curious about Madara However

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users