The Last: Naruto the Movie: Thread 2 aka The Last retcon: Hinata-sama the movie

• Please log in to reply
19441 replies to this topic

#11341 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0IV1kMxDHso

Just found an amazing NS amv. Made me feel better!

NS videos aren't making me feel any better. They just make things worst for me, it all seems meaningless to me now.

#11342 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:20 AM

Sorry ^

I just heard of an interview Kishi made regarding NS on Facebook. I have no idea if this is legit, but oh well. I have a pic, but i can't post the picture on my tablet.

Edited by Sedna, 12 November 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#11343 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:22 AM

So after 2+ years of being ignored by Naruto, Hinata will just come running right into his arms after Sakura is engaged to Sasuke... knowing that he is using her as a rebound to get over Sakura and that he doesn't really love her.

God what a disgustingly pathetic woman. No self respecting woman would accept that kitten.

You know what, I'll watch this movie and I can grin and bear it even if there is a SasuSaku wedding bc that Sakura is not the real Sakura that we all know and love. The real Sakura would get furious at Sasuke whenever he threatened Naruto. The real Sakura stood up to Sasori and demanded respect. Even during the Land of Iron arc she wasn't afraid to challenge and cuss out Sasuke for endangering Naruto. So if SS happens so be it. He can have that fake Sakura who grovels at the feet of her abuser. I don't think that NS is going to happen, and I think that this war is pretty much over. But a small part of me doesn't quite accept this ending based on all of the problems of 700 and I want to tough it out. It's not that I think that things will turn around, but I do want to see this to the end at least.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#11344 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

http://ultimaxreveng...st/102405802362
UGH. I want to punch her so kittening hard right now. 
They are kittening exaggerating about Hinata, she's so overraterd. UGH.

Lol, if we compared this to Sakura's achievements, then Hinata would look like a child playing ninja compared to her :fan:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#11345 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

Sorry ^

I just heard of an interview Kishi made regarding NS on Facebook. I have no idea if this is legit, but oh well. I have a pic, but i can't post the picture on my tablet.

Probably fake.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11346 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

Probably fake.

Most likely.

#11347 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:27 AM

Kishi sold himself out in order to appeal to the grabby businessmen at SJ/Pierrot. He's lost my respect as a writer because he turned his back to the motives and ideals that helped defined what his manga was about. And I wonder something else. If money was so important, why not take another approach like the one seen in RtN? It was a successful movie in spite of the heavy emphasis on NaruSaku and negligible screen time of Hinata (and her precious voice actress). Did the marketers overlook this detail? Or is it their impression that overplaying this Nana Mizuki person will somehow compensate for the utter humiliation and disgrace that the producers and Kishi have brought upon their series? There's no denying how much of an emotional and moral shockwave is being felt as a result of the ending and the direction of the movie by the admirers who supported NS or were disgruntled over the stupidity of it all.

Personally if we're talking about why it changed I'd like to believe that the decision was forced upon him if for no other reason that at this point a week later I don't want to 100% demonize a man whose story defined so much of my teenage years (maybe as we get to know more information I will) but it does make you wonder and worry just how much control over a series the author actually has especially one as massive and popular as Naruto because as much as we often don't think about it any story, comic, film, game or manga is a business and business exists to make money, from what I've heard about mangakas and about Japanese corporate culture it seems to exist very much in a bubble and there's not a lot of room to defy orders, if NH and SS weren't a natural storytelling development (as I believe they weren't) then how much say would Kishi actually have to say otherwise? If profitability and fan pandering has convinced the higher ups to go down a particular path then could he complain and still retain at least some control over his story? If there's a way to keep what you believe in and keep your ethics whilst essentially telling your editors to get lost then I don't see it.

On RtN being the most popular is it possible it made all it's money against NaruSaku? Most movies make most of their money in the first few days and the purpose of trailers or other advertisements is to sell you something that you don't know anything about and we all remember the trailers and adverts for RtN, it sold on the alternate world and characters, it sold on Naruto's family but most of all it sold on NH and SS and essentially at the time a NH and SS that was everything the fans of those pairings wanted from them cranked up to 11. A Hinata that's more outgoing and confident to the point of being psychotic and a Sasuke that's more open and romantic to the point of being a playboy. Very little of the advertisement focused on Naruto and Sakura even though it makes up a good chunk of the film and the Konoha 11 only appear for a few quick gags.

Was there more of a backlash to RtN than anyone realized and people were angry at being sold a movie that didn't exist? Which would convince people in charge that NaruSaku wasn't popular and therefore wasn't profitable? Because say what you will about the ending and The Last but not appealing to fans isn't one of them.

For me, I would like to believe that Kishi's original intentions, the true desire to see an ending separate from this one, is what spurred him to give all of these prevalent NS moments and hints in the final 150 chapters of the manga while trying to discredit SS and NH as much as possible. He might have eventually bowed to editorial and executive pressure, but he wanted to ensure that the atmosphere and setting in the epilogue was as ambiguous, dissatisfying, and erratic as he could make it. It wouldn't atone for the breach of trust(nothing short of an interview offering his admission of sorrow for this being the ending he did not envision and the promise to create the proper finale would make amends), but it would restore a little of my faith in his character as a writer and artist.

True I guess it's like Akira Toryiama musing a movie about Vegeta, they're popular but at the end of the day people want to see Goku save the day.

I think the earliest we will get Kishi to open up about the ending is Jump Festa in December, it will be a few weeks after The Last so I think it would be the best time to reflect on the series, and someone will ask about the pairings because it always happens even if Kishi always planned for NH and SS I at the very least just want an answer as to why? Why choose them? Even if it is I just decided I didn't like Naruto and Sakura together anymore it won't atone for the ending but closure would be nice.

#11348 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:31 AM

No way would Kishi ever admit that this wasn't his decision. He seems to me like someone with a lot of pride to admit something like that.

#11349 Ether

Ether

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:35 AM

No way would Kishi ever admit that this wasn't his decision. He seems to me like someone with a lot of pride to admit something like that.

And he has another upcoming series to sell. If he ever admits something like this, it's going to be many years from now.

#11350 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

the hinata wank is on full throttle on that page.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#11351 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

Anyone here knows what I thought of Hinata or rather being fair....

I hate her.

#11352 Coca Cola

Coca Cola

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Plotting to kill Masashi Kishimoto.

Fav Characters in Naruto: Sakura, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Naruto, Lee
    Sports: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers, FC Bayern München
    Dislikes: Hinata Hyuuga and whatever team Lebron James is on

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:55 AM

Other accomplishments held:
1. Best housewife at ignoring son
2. Best at stalking behind big trees
3. Boobs
4. Creepiest eyes
5. Record for utterances of Naruto-kun
6. Best doormat
7. Only character to have someone die for their fickle love
8. Boobs
9. On the receiving end of record fastest one-shot by Pein
10. Heroine of her own movie
11. Boobs

You gotta admit that is a pretty solid list right there.

naruto_s_smile__remake_of_the_remake____

I will not let you stand alone anymore...

I will protect that smiling face.

#11353 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

..that's it..? LOL

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#11354 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

Everyone hates Hinata on here... cut her some slack... it's not like Naruto would fall in love with her for no reason.
WqQwzgf.gif

#11355 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

The best past about this is the tag that says she doesn't get the credit she deserves....hmmm maybe because she wasn't written that way :zaru:

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#11356 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:20 AM

Everyone hates Hinata on here... cut her some slack... it's not like Naruto would fall in love with her for no reason.

And? That has nothing to do with what I said. I said she's overrated, which she is. Her fans invent things about her and then say she doesn't have enough credit or that she's more skilled than Sakura  :zaru:

I'm NS for like 3.5 months and I've always "hated" Hinata. She's the definition of everything that bothers me. 

Weeks ago I understood her character in part 1, and well I said "OKAY, FINE! She's okay there. I don't have any real complaints." But her self of part 2? I want to punch her in the face and break all her teeth.

This has nothing to with pairings. That would be ridiculous.

Edited by theunburnt, 12 November 2014 - 03:21 AM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11357 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:25 AM

What? I thought there was another translation of the song? Which one is more accurate?

Well, here are the translated lyrics for Star Vessel. I snagged them of Saiyan Island discussion thread. So take that with a grain of salt until the lyric sheet comes out lol

song

Guess that's the explanation for why he took so long lol.

OR

Lmao, what? We already have the translation and is not that at all. Lmao.

Lyrics with their respective romaji:
8eardLu.jpg

15f62c4.png

#11358 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:30 AM

What? I thought there was another translation of the song? Which one is more accurate?

OR

Mine, lmao.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11359 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:31 AM

Mine, lmao.

Okay, that's good. But how can the other translation be so far off from yours? O-O

Edited by unhskikrforever, 12 November 2014 - 03:33 AM.

15f62c4.png

#11360 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

Sorry ^

Can you post it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users