• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

For the last 3-4 years I've struggled to justify my fandom to Naruto as the quality of the story continued to worsen, reaching its lowest point with the Iron Country Arc which is in my opinion Naruto's worst arc. The current Arc the 4th Ninja War Arc which many people feel will be Naruto's last Arc (it should be anyway) started in 2011 and Kishimoto has pulled every bs trick out of his ass to drag it on and on and Chapter 646 was the icing on the kitten cake. I know it's Storytelling 101 that in the Final Battle the Main Villain must be extremely powerful so that when he's finally defeated you feel the same joy the Heroes do but this is getting retarded. Every mother kittening time Obito is on the ropes he pulls something else out of nowhere and the Heroes are made look weak and stupid. This last ass pull in 646 with the chakra sucking tree was the final straw, I can't take it anymore. First chance I get I'm selling every Naruto Volume I own and putting all the Merch I own on eBay or something. 10 years of my life wasted reading this neverending story that I'll never get back. (*SNIP* ~Smiter)

Edited by Smiter, 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.
No obscene language!

uc.png

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

For the last 3-4 years I've struggled to justify my fandom to Naruto as the quality of the story continued to worsen, reaching its lowest point with the Iron Country Arc which is in my opinion Naruto's worst arc. The current Arc the 4th Ninja War Arc which many people feel will be Naruto's last Arc (it should be anyway) started in 2011 and Kishimoto has pulled every bs trick out of his ass to drag it on and on and Chapter 646 was the icing on the kitten cake. I know it's Storytelling 101 that in the Final Battle the Main Villain must be extremely powerful so that when he's finally defeated you feel the same joy the Heroes do but this is getting retarded. Every mother kittening time Obito is on the ropes he pulls something else out of nowhere and the Heroes are made look weak and stupid. This last ass pull in 646 with the chakra sucking tree was the final straw, I can't take it anymore. First chance I get I'm selling every Naruto Volume I own and putting all the Merch I own on eBay or something. 10 years of my life wasted reading this neverending story that I'll never get back.

Well i stopped caring about quality when Madara got revived, i just want two things, NS and how this story will end, the rest if Sakura uses Kamehameha i could not care less.

You're right about complaining of quality but the story since the begining is full of cliches and being honest, Kishimoto destroyed Naruto on the shippuuden with a forced bromance of Naruto and Sasuke.

I think it's the only manga that i cant enjoy the anime.

Edited by Smiter, 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

It's how the plan for the story is. I know that you don't like some parts, but that's the plan and the plan changes also sometimes along the road like every other manga. But, if you can't handle this... Then you're free to drop it.

#4 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

i felt it was a great chapter.. finally solved the mystery of the uchiha stone tablet. but oh well. byee.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#5 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

The problem is the attrition a fan gets from waiting weekly for a new chapter.

If the story was finished it would have felt different.

Well not even the Naruto fandom is pretty great to begin with so I understand the frustration.

#6 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

For the last 3-4 years I've struggled to justify my fandom to Naruto as the quality of the story continued to worsen, reaching its lowest point with the Iron Country Arc which is in my opinion Naruto's worst arc. The current Arc the 4th Ninja War Arc which many people feel will be Naruto's last Arc (it should be anyway) started in 2011 and Kishimoto has pulled every bs trick out of his ass to drag it on and on and Chapter 646 was the icing on the kitten cake. I know it's Storytelling 101 that in the Final Battle the Main Villain must be extremely powerful so that when he's finally defeated you feel the same joy the Heroes do but this is getting retarded. Every mother kittening time Obito is on the ropes he pulls something else out of nowhere and the Heroes are made look weak and stupid. This last ass pull in 646 with the chakra sucking tree was the final straw, I can't take it anymore. First chance I get I'm selling every Naruto Volume I own and putting all the Merch I own on eBay or something. 10 years of my life wasted reading this neverending story that I'll never get back. (*SNIP* ~Smiter)

I don't want to come off as rude myself, but was that really necessary? That's a really disrespectful thing to say about someone who works very hard for a fandom which, more often than not, doesn't even appreciate it. 

You can dislike and drop the manga for whatever reason, but to say that about the mangaka is out of line.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#7 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Well not even the Naruto fandom is pretty great to begin with so I understand the frustration.

I think the same and I agree with Darkrerst  until now I care what would happen with NS and the end of the story.

When i have to drop a story it has to be too anguish, for example if SS would become cannon i still would fallow the story, I always support NS one-side  love, but if Kishi would decide that and then making naruto suffer so much or make Naruto to hate Sakura just because got together with sasuke i would drop the story

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#8 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Kishi cant make everyone happy, and tbh you have been following it for 10 years you might aswell just finish it. 

43iduct.jpg

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think the same and I agree with Darkrerst  until now I care what would happen with NS and the end of the story.

When i have to drop a story it has to be too anguish, for example if SS would become cannon i still would fallow the story, I always support NS one-side  love, but if Kishi would decide that and then making naruto suffer so much or make Naruto to hate Sakura just because got together with sasuke i would drop the story

I would drop right away if SS or NH happen because NS is the only thing of quality on the manga.

There are things like the bijuu's chakra that i dont understand, how Minato managed to control the bijuu, "special" people are only capable of being a jinchuuriki and then turned out that anyone can be, the edo tenseis, Madara, how Naruto can merge Senjutsu and the bijuu chakra which even contradicts with the whole senjutsu diagram, the "Izanami", Naruto and Sasuke, Sakura's love for Sasuke and so much more.

There are so many things that doesnt make sense and i will never understand, so the only thing that clings me to this manga is NS and the fact that i read this for 8 years and i dont have the courage to drop it.

I have nothing against kishimoto just some stuff that really doesnt make sense, and he often break his own rules.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 10 September 2013 - 08:20 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

The whole point of that tree is to begin the eye of the moon plan...you know the whole idea of the war arc in the first place, it would suck if it didn't happen. But oh well, goodbye I never knew ye.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

I am so tempted to post a very rude video, but I won't.

Look, to complain about trivial stuff like this is pointless. How many times did Goku have Frieza and Cell on ropes only for them to come back fully powered? What about Aizen from Bleach? I can think of many good examples that are far worse, but I can also think of story plots that might be better.

If you want to drop it that's fine, but I don't think I wasted ten years of my life for this. It is just a hobby. It's not like my whole life surrounds this manga. It's a little overboard to say "I wasted ten years for nothing." No, you wasted 10 minutes of one day every week for nothing. Even then, didn't you do other things besides this manga?

It is a little melodramatic don't you think?

Yet, I have seen stories written by great authors that have worse plots than this. Ever read Twilight? At least this is entertaining every now and then

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Sad to see you go, but I respect that.

Honestly, this says it all. People are either hasty, demanding, or anything that wants a perfect writing. Nothing will ever go your way 100%. This is why that one book/movie was made about how one can be so obsessed with the story to go our way. I'm not saying that we are crazy, but if we take it hard, it's because we want it to be at its best, whatever it may be. There are times you can really say the story is bad, but at times, it's always hard to say as a fact. Who's to say that person likes everything about Naruto, or have the least problem with it. That all said that's why I respect your decision.

#13 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

For the last 3-4 years I've struggled to justify my fandom to Naruto as the quality of the story continued to worsen, reaching its lowest point with the Iron Country Arc which is in my opinion Naruto's worst arc. The current Arc the 4th Ninja War Arc which many people feel will be Naruto's last Arc (it should be anyway) started in 2011 and Kishimoto has pulled every bs trick out of his ass to drag it on and on and Chapter 646 was the icing on the kitten cake. I know it's Storytelling 101 that in the Final Battle the Main Villain must be extremely powerful so that when he's finally defeated you feel the same joy the Heroes do but this is getting retarded. Every mother kittening time Obito is on the ropes he pulls something else out of nowhere and the Heroes are made look weak and stupid. This last ass pull in 646 with the chakra sucking tree was the final straw, I can't take it anymore. First chance I get I'm selling every Naruto Volume I own and putting all the Merch I own on eBay or something. 10 years of my life wasted reading this neverending story that I'll never get back. (*SNIP* ~Smiter)

Well, I can't say that I really blame you, I don't know if it was exactly 10 years of your life that was wasted though.

At any rate, I get your frustration, though. The chakra sucking tree in my view is a bit out there and I can understand not buying into the idea.

i just want two things, NS and how this story will end

I actually sort of agree with this comment too. It's basically the only thing keeping me reading from chapter to chapter. I'll stick with it until the end, but to me, the manga peaked much earlier in its run and has been on the decline since.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

hello im new and I think kishi shouldn't rush his  manga its piece by piece or else how would you stay interested in the manga besides I enjoy all the characters in naruto their heartwarming and tragic life makes me think what if sasukes clan were never murderd or what if naruto brought back sauke? :smile:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#15 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I don't blame people who don't like this manga anymore its a manga thats been having a long run and usually when a series run to long they tend to get worse with the quality.

Right now after the last chapter of this current volume im going to promise myself to go a on a very long hiatus with this series.Cause for now the manga gave me stress along with the pairing wars thats been getting worse and people are trying to make everything a pairing moment from what i saw on tumblr.....

Edited by rikakim94, 11 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#16 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I don't blame people who don't like this manga anymore its a manga thats been having a long run and usually when a series run to long they tend to get worse with the quality.

Right now after the last chapter of this current volume im going to promise myself to go a on a very long hiatus with this series.Cause for now the manga gave me stress along with the pairing wars thats been getting worse and people are trying to make everything a pairing moment from what i saw on tumblr.....

Yeah example is that on this weekly manga, people wasted more time on the tiny Sakura panel instead of discussing the background

SK-303_image007.jpg

#17 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

hello im new and I think kishi shouldn't rush his  manga its piece by piece or else how would you stay interested in the manga besides I enjoy all the characters in naruto their heartwarming and tragic life makes me think what if sasukes clan were never murderd or what if naruto brought back sauke? :smile:

Hi :D :grouphug:

Your choice man .

But , yeah i agree i wait and read from NS perspective ans Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Dude, it's a manganime. It shouldn't really affect you this much.  I pretty much grew up with Naruto too, but it's not really affecting me that much, aside from having something to entertain me once a week for a couple of minutes since I was...13? 14? I don't remember.... Go cool off or something.

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Lol - Step awaaaaay from the manga....

Don't worry, you haven't thrown your life away. But everyone falls out of love with their fandoms sometimes. When the manga wraps up (which it's going to soon) you won't remember the bad stuff because it will be overshadowed by the good, which in this case will be a NS ending with lots of warm fuzzies to boot. Just take a breather.

#20 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I am sorry you feel you need leaving, but if you are sick of the history, then surely it is for the best. Sometimes, when you have grown sick of the stuff you were a fan of, it is better distancing yourself not only from it but also from the fandom (at least that is what happened to me when I got utterly fed up with the X-Men. It was not enough stopping buying the books. I also had to leave the boards I used to while away to cut my last emotional ties with it). However I would like hoping sooner or later you will be back.

Although your decission of not only selling your volumes but also getting rid of all of your Naruto-related stuff seems a bit extreme. Are so frustrated with Naruto that you do not want to keep anything NS-related? But hey, it is your choice, and I am sure of your wallet will be happy.

Still I have to agree with James. You have not wasted "ten years" of your life. You have wasted ten minutes every week reading the chapter. And -I trust- you have enjoyed part of that time, and you have made friends thanks Naruto. So I would like believing you have not "wasted" ten years. Telling that sounds... overly dramatic, IMO.

At least I would be angrier about wasting my money that my time being fan of something.

Regarding your last straw... I honestly am not upset about it. Indeed, it may be frustrating when a battle consists of an endless string of one side power-leveling and turning the tables and then the other side making the same thing, but I have not reached that point yet... among other things because I have only read a handful of chapters and I am waiting for the arc or series closing before reading it properly in one sitting (trust me, it is better that way. A lot of things seemingly make no sense make sense when you can see the big picture and quickly see where the author is heading towards).

I am indifferent towards the chakra-sucking tree. Japanese entertainment has been borrowing elements of Western religions and mythologies -and awfully mangling them and twisting them into something beyond recognition- since the early nineties... or the eighties (Saint Seiya, one of my favorite series, blended Greek and Scandinavian myths; and Tenku Senki Shurato borrowed elements of Hindu beliefs). So borrowing the Tree of Life/Yggdrassil and the Fruit of Knowledge does not bother me. I got used to it long before Anno thought "Hey, these names show up in Judaism and Christian tales sound cool! I am going to name things with them in my mecha anime! And so people will think it is deep and has some mystical meaning! Genius!".

However...

this neverending story

This I shall not stand for. There is only ONE Neverending Story. This: http://en.wikipedia....verending_Story. Please, remember it.  :wink:

Edited by Jenskott, 12 September 2013 - 01:45 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users