30 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

Gangsta

Since the first episode of the Gangsta anime is drawing upon on, it's time to create a thread for this promising series!

Synopsis

In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men and petty thieves, whores on the make and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the "Handymen," Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. Until the day when a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.

Source:Viz

news_xlarge_gangsta6gentei-copy.jpg

Main cast (from left to right): Worick Arcangelo, Alex Benedetto, Nicholas Brown

Anime

The anime is being produced by Studio Manglobe, the same animation studio that did Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, and Deadman Wonderland. Hopefully there will 24 episodes. Here's a trailer to the anime:

I haven't read the manga yet, but I'm really hype for this anime >_< Anyone else watching this?

Edited by trang95, 02 July 2015 - 03:08 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 Maxximumhate

Maxximumhate

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama, Bleach, Noblesse and plenty others

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

Promising is the right word. This manga is so good! I am following both the manga and anime. I've had high expectations for the anime ever since I saw the trailer. You should definitely give the manga a try. You won't be disappointed :) Our 3 main characters are so awesome and the chemesty and friendship is awesome. The backstories though! I cannot wait to see each of those animated, especially Nicolas.

It's supposed to start today right?

R6yd0D.jpg

#3 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

Promising is the right word. This manga is so good! I am following both the manga and anime. I've had high expectations for the anime ever since I saw the trailer. You should definitely give the manga a try. You won't be disappointed :) Our 3 main characters are so awesome and the chemesty and friendship is awesome. The backstories though! I cannot wait to see each of those animated, especially Nicolas.

It's supposed to start today right?

The raw was out yesterday. But I don't know when the episode with English translation will come out :sweatdrop:

Edited by Mixer, 02 July 2015 - 07:26 AM.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#4 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:55 AM

Episode is out, but the subtitles are bad: http://kissanime.com...e-001?id=111761

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#5 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

Wow, didn't know that it will start today, but I seriosly doubt that there will be 24 episodes, manga chapters are 35, and few of them a action pased, so that's a question.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 02 July 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

Wow, didn't know that it will start today, but I seriosly doubt that there will be 24 episodes, manga chapters are 35, and few of them a action pased, so that's a question.

There's a possibility of course that the anime will take a break for a few months after 12 episodes, but we'll just have to wait and see.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:04 PM

Good first episode!

I must be really stupid b/c I've never noticed that Nicholas is deaf even though I've read the first chapter- TWICE! :facepalm: That's interesting though to see a MC with such a liability.

Worick and Alex are also pretty interesting characters.

Glad to see that the anime sticks closely to chapter one, and doesn't shy away from explicit scenes.

Edited by trang95, 02 July 2015 - 03:06 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#8 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

ooooooh yeahhhh!!!!  :dance: Watching it right now!!

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#9 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:44 PM

Just watched it. 

This series is definitely interesting! Love the first episode.

I'm kinda surprised with Nicholas begin deaf, since I never have watched an anime where a character is deaf...

Edited by Mixer, 02 July 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#10 Maxximumhate

Maxximumhate

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama, Bleach, Noblesse and plenty others

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Finally saw the first episode! Nicolas my love :wibble:
Anyway very good first episode! Really glad they didn't censor the explicit scenes at all. Hopefully they keep it that way. 
The fight scenes were sometimes awkward to look at and the animation a little fuzzy at part but nothing bad at all. I wasn't sure about Suwabe voicing Worrick but it works very well.

Err anyway they disappoint on my favorite scene. Nicolas kicking the car and finally talking... 12/10 for the VA. Great job there indicating that Nic doesn't use his voice often. All in all 9/10.

I must be really stupid b/c I've never noticed that Nicholas is deaf even though I've read the first chapter- TWICE! :facepalm: That's interesting though to see a MC with such a liability.

I'm kinda surprised with Nicholas begin deaf, since I never have watched an anime where a character is deaf...

I felt the same the first time I read the manga too XD. But then I discovered some mangas, shoujo mostly with deaf mains too so hey! But it's always interesting to see artists/writers dealing with disabilities in their works. At least IMO.

R6yd0D.jpg

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

Anyway very good first episode! Really glad they didn't censor the explicit scenes at all. Hopefully they keep it that way. 
The fight scenes were sometimes awkward to look at and the animation a little fuzzy at part but nothing bad at all. I wasn't sure about Suwabe voicing Worrick but it works very well.

Err anyway they disappoint on my favorite scene. Nicolas kicking the car and finally talking... 12/10 for the VA. Great job there indicating that Nic doesn't use his voice often. All in all 9/10.

I felt the same the first time I read the manga too XD. But then I discovered some mangas, shoujo mostly with deaf mains too so hey! But it's always interesting to see artists/writers dealing with disabilities in their works. At least IMO.

When I heard Nicholas talk, I was like:" Oh, he talks..." Imao, I should have known b/c they've even listed the voice actors XD

The manga has been going on since 2010, but there are only 6 volumes. Has the manga been on hiatus a lot? And yes, I know it's a monthly manga, but there should be at least 10 volumes or so out by now...

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Really? Waow, I never ever have seen a anime/manga character there's deaf..

Is the manga good? worth checking out? :D 

#13 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hm... So on chinese, there is already 41 chapter. It's 7 volumes (40 is last in 7's) out now.

#14 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

New episode out :D

http://kissanime.com...e-002?id=112056

Edited by Mixer, 09 July 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#15 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Pretty cool episode. Just when Nina reminded me of Hinami from Tokyo Ghoul, I see that ending scene...

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

The fight scenes were so good in this episode! Lmao, I loved the moment where the doctor wanted to give Nicholas the needle XD

Thank god Worick for explaining the Dogtags. Also love Nina! Her and Nicholas’ relationship remind me of a brother sister one. 

Pretty cool episode. Just when Nina reminded me of Hinami from Tokyo Ghoul, I see that ending scene...

Yeah, she first kinda did remind me of Hina..

#17 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

Did Gangsta change the episode release day?  :headscratch:

#18 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Well, in 4 episodes they animated 1,2,3,4,5,7,8, 9 (few pages), 12 - chapters

So in 4 episode ~8,5 chapters.

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

Did Gangsta change the episode release day?  :headscratch:

yeah, from now on, it'll be sunday.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

Well, in 4 episodes they animated 1,2,3,4,5,7,8, 9 (few pages), 12 - chapters

So in 4 episode ~8,5 chapters.

Is the manga good?? I might read it after the series is finished. 

yeah, from now on, it'll be sunday.

Is there a explaining why? Oh well I gotta watch the new episode now :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: manga, seinen, anime, manglobe, action, drama, comedy, mafia, western setting, gangsta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users