Close
Photo

Orange(Orenji) by Ichigo Takano

shojo seinen romance slice of life drama time travel comedy best bro depression suicide

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#41 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

tumblr_nngu53rXwc1rdk1qdo1_500.pngtumblr_nneym7imOX1rdk1qdo1_500.png

Suwaaaaaaa

And i do agree that it can be a bit frustrating at times but that only means i am captured by the story.

At first i am so into them saving Kakeru but after sometime i felt that they are doing too much that it felt wrong already.

Just like what was said last chapter.. whenever they help Kakeru and change things then they are also changing the fate of others.

I feel its a bit selfish especially to those people who will get affected like Suwa. its great that everyone wants to save Kakeru but they can only help out and be there for him.. it is still Kakeru's choice in the end. He needs to man up, i do undeestand that what happened to him is really traumatic but he needs to help himself too. Just look at 'futuregranny', how sad is it for her to be left out like that but she helped herself and was able to tell stories about her loved ones.

I kinda feel something bad might happen to granny in this timeline when Naho mentioned something about her being okay since they saw her in the future.

I know i sound like a meanie but all of them are tiptoeing around Kakeru too much that their real/natural actions and words came off differently that what they should be doing.

Edited by dejavu, 29 April 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#42 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Suwaaaaaaa

And i do agree that it can be a bit frustrating at times but that only means i am captured by the story.

At first i am so into them saving Kakeru but after sometime i felt that they are doing too much that it felt wrong already.

Just like what was said last chapter.. whenever they help Kakeru and change things then they are also changing the fate of others.

I feel its a bit selfish especially to those people who will get affected like Suwa. its great that everyone wants to save Kakeru but they can only help out and be there for him.. it is still Kakeru's choice in the end. He needs to man up, i do undeestand that what happened to him is really traumatic but he needs to help himself too. Just look at 'futuregranny', how sad is it for her to be left out like that but she helped herself and was able to tell stories about her loved ones.

I kinda feel something bad might happen to granny in this timeline when Naho mentioned something about her being okay since they saw her in the future.

I know i sound like a meanie but all of them are tiptoeing around Kakeru too much that their real/natural actions and words came off differently that what they should be doing.

Exactly. To me, they are trying to hard... They must leave some space for Kakeru to decide things for himself. They're basically pushing him too hard. It was wrong of Naho to beg Kakeru to stay with her although I can't say that I might have reacted differently... Like her, I can sometimes be too shocked and speechless in such crucial moments.

I can't wait to see how this manga will end though.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#43 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

This is a really good  manga, I started reading it a few months back after Naruto ended and not sure who it was, might have been on Chatte's Tumblr page someone had posted a N/aruSaku version of the first chapter, so it intrigued me enough to find the manga.  Though I've not read it since then but that's largely down to it not being updated on Bato.to or mangapanda since November.

I also found it amusing how it's called Orange and the Mangaka is called Strawberry (Ichigo).

I honestly don't know how I want the manga to end, part of me thinks the future should not be changed, the other part wants to see things change.

iAnby7W.gif

#44 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

This is a really good  manga, I started reading it a few months back after Naruto ended and not sure who it was, might have been on Chatte's Tumblr page someone had posted a N/aruSaku version of the first chapter, so it intrigued me enough to find the manga.  Though I've not read it since then but that's largely down to it not being updated on Bato.to or mangapanda since November.

I also found it amusing how it's called Orange and the Mangaka is called Strawberry (Ichigo).

I honestly don't know how I want the manga to end, part of me thinks the future should not be changed, the other part wants to see things change.

First of all, that sig :lmao: I just saw the episode to Hibike!Euphonium today, and instantly knew that this episode has potential for a lot of gifs XD

I remember that tumblr post! That's when I first heard of Orange, but it wasn't until a lot later that I picked up the manga. Ch.18 is out btw.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#45 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

First of all, that sig :lmao: I just saw the episode to Hibike!Euphonium today, and instantly knew that this episode has potential for a lot of gifs XD

I remember that tumblr post! That's when I first heard of Orange, but it wasn't until a lot later that I picked up the manga. Ch.18 is out btw.

Yeah I saw the anime yesterday and thought I had to make that into a gif, even if I meant figuring out how to make one. (I originally had it as Kishi running away from his fanbase, but thought that was way too cute to be Kishi so did this instead.

Yeah I seem to have missed two chapters it seems, which I would never have known about because the two sites I go for my manga haven't uploaded them onto their website. I also now remember what frustrated me about the manga, I found it annoying when it turned out all of the friends got letters, and they became too forceful. Now I'm not sure if the two actually love each other of feel like they should love each other because of the letters and the push from all sides. I was liking the original direction the manga was goign in...now it's too many cooks.

iAnby7W.gif

#46 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:41 PM

I'll give it a try. I've never really explored Josei mangas before. Nah, sex scenes don't strike me that much honestly. I dislike more of the stupid fanservice in shonen mangas. This sounds dumb, but in what way does Josei differ from Seinen?
Shojo vs Shounen is obvious, but not so sure about Josei vs Seinen. And what do you prefer out of the latter two?

A seinen is an upgraded mature version of shounen. So think of Joseis as an upgraded more mature version of shoujos. Many Joseis don't have that "perfect fairytale ending" that many shoujos have. Plus, Joseis aren't always about romance. They mainly focus on the psychology of a woman's state of mind through different circumstances. Seinens on the other hand focus more on action and psychology put together.  

Seinens: Action and Psychology Joseis: Drama and psychology (with a lot of sex- I would say more than seinens). 

But that's basic joseis. There are other Joseis that mainly focus on handsome men, like there are seinens that feature a variety of pretty women. And there's even action Joseis like Karneval or Who is Alice.  

I read more seinen because there's more to offer, but I like both equally. I prefer the art in Joseis because it's more expressive. I based my own art style on a variety of josei artists. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#47 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

tumblr_nngu53rXwc1rdk1qdo1_500.pngtumblr_nneym7imOX1rdk1qdo1_500.png

This shows the main difference between the two relationships. When she's with Suwa, she's genuinely happy. When she's with Kakeru, she genuinely feels love. 

Squad Roll call :

#48 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:49 PM

This shows the main difference between the two relationships. When she's with Suwa, she's genuinely happy. When she's with Kakeru, she genuinely feels love. 

Pretty much. The color schemes, the facial expressions.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#49 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Pretty much. The color schemes, the facial expressions.

I also want to point out the fact that she's not in love with Suwa- but she's also not happy with Kakeru. I know that sounds weird, but at the age that she's depicted as in the picture this much is true. We know first handedly that through time she could eventually fall in love with Suwa. But as opposition, if Kakeru is saved she will finally be happy. Every time she sees Kakeru for now she will be reminded about how much she has to save him from his inevitable death.

Edited by Pix, 29 April 2015 - 10:55 PM.

Squad Roll call :

#50 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

A seinen is an upgraded mature version of shounen. So think of Joseis as an upgraded more mature version of shoujos. Many Joseis don't have that "perfect fairytale ending" that many shoujos have. Plus, Joseis aren't always about romance. They mainly focus on the psychology of a woman's state of mind through different circumstances. Seinens on the other hand focus more on action and psychology put together.  

Seinens: Action and Psychology Joseis: Drama and psychology (with a lot of sex- I would say more than seinens). 

But that's basic joseis. There are other Joseis that mainly focus on handsome men, like there are seinens that feature a variety of pretty women. And there's even action Joseis like Karneval or Who is Alice.  

I read more seinen because there's more to offer, but I like both equally. I prefer the art in Joseis because it's more expressive. I based my own art style on a variety of josei artists. 

Thx! Jousei has picked my interest b/c I want to get more into this "slice of life" setting if you get me.

But seinens I wanna try out are Berserk and I Am a Hero. Maybe Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but that's apparently shounen, so yeah.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#51 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:12 AM

So starting next year, Orange will be released in the US. It'll be only volumes though, meaning "2.5 volumes" will be compressed into one volume:https://www.animenew...a-orange/.87699

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#52 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

I also want to point out the fact that she's not in love with Suwa- but she's also not happy with Kakeru. I know that sounds weird, but at the age that she's depicted as in the picture this much is true. We know first handedly that through time she could eventually fall in love with Suwa. But as opposition, if Kakeru is saved she will finally be happy. Every time she sees Kakeru for now she will be reminded about how much she has to save him from his inevitable death.

I agree on the first part.. about Naho being happy with Suwa but not in love with him (?yet?). On the other hand, Naho's feelings for Kakeru might not be true love but something else.

Well thats only my take on the story. I could be wrong though since the chapter updates are very far in between so sometimes i need to reread to get the whole thing down again.

#53 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

I agree on the first part.. about Naho being happy with Suwa but not in love with him (?yet?). On the other hand, Naho's feelings for Kakeru might not be true love but something else.

Well thats only my take on the story. I could be wrong though since the chapter updates are very far in between so sometimes i need to reread to get the whole thing down again.

I really do believe that she is in love with Kakeru. She only has eyes for him, and not only b/c she's worried about him all the time.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#54 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

I just read the 18 chapters in one go..And I caan't waiiiit to read the next one  :cry: It's a really good shojo, noot the best (Nana and Life will always remain in the first place) but a really good one ! I like how it talks about the parallel universes and all, and the characters are good. It's funny, light but knows when it has to be serious !

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#55 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

I just read the 18 chapters in one go..And I caan't waiiiit to read the next one  :cry: It's a really good shojo, noot the best (Nana and Life will always remain in the first place) but a really good one ! I like how it talks about the parallel universes and all, and the characters are good. It's funny, light but knows when it has to be serious !

Yup, one of the better ones out there ^_^

Soooo... for which ship ya rooting :fu: ?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#56 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

So trang remind me again, how many chapters do we have left for this series before it ends?

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#57 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

So trang remind me again, how many chapters do we have left for this series before it ends?

Hmm, I think three? We'll have a total of five volumes.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#58 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

So I guess that would mKe it 21 chapters in total lol, and 5 volumes that doesn't bad. I guess what would mean most of the volimes would be out during the next year.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#59 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

So I guess that would mKe it 21 chapters in total lol, and 5 volumes that doesn't bad. I guess what would mean most of the volimes would be out during the next year.

I'm thinking about maybe getting the manga...

Can I make a manga recommendation :chuckle:? You could maybe try out Akatsuki no Yona (manga) or Ore Monogatari!! (anime) once this manga is over ;) My two favorite shojos right now.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#60 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

Yup, one of the better ones out there ^_^

Soooo... for which ship ya rooting :fu: ?

SuwaxNaho  :love:  They reminds me NS   :love: But I wouldn't be mad if she ends up with Kakeru. He's a nice guy, but I don't like the fact she has to sacrifice herself for him (even though she's in love with him)...I don't know if you get what I mean !  :excited:

ONLY 3 ??? B...but....buuut...No ! It's not enough !  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shojo, seinen, romance, slice of life, drama, time travel, comedy, best bro, depression, suicide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users