• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:02 AM

Based on current events and the moments we have of NS. In part 1, from wave country arc (when she starts having a "feeling" from Naruto) to Sasuke Retrieval arc (when Naruto makes the promise of a lifetime and Sakura realize he had always understood her). Then in part 2, from Rescuing Gaara (She learn about Naruto's problems and vows to protect him and defeat the Akatsuki) to current arc (for the first time she hugs and thank him).

Now its obvious the girl has some feelings for him, but right now we will assume they are romantic.

In your opinion: how would she reveal her love to Naruto (in a realistic and manga canon way)?
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#2 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

I think it will be in a dire mission or fight. Where they both or just one is injured.

#3 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

You still have to see how Naruto reacts to Hinata's confession first. He could have a change of heart for all we know.

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 6 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You still have to see how Naruto reacts to Hinata's confession first. He could have a change of heart for all we know.

Or that confession will be null and void since it acted like a plot device for Naruto turning Kyuubi once more during those last chapters. We may never know about Naruto's reaction towards Hinata's confession until it is written in stone from Kishimoto. And I highly doubt he suddenly pull a 180 towards romantic feelings for Hinata when we already knew since the beginning he has romantic feelings for Sakura.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:25 AM

In a nice little pillow talk between Naruto and Sakura happy.gif

I don't know... it might be because I really really liked this story that had a pillow talk between Edward and Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist for after the world was saved and they revealed their feelings to each other. It was very sweet, yet in character at the same time. I'd like something like that to happen for Naruto and Sakura too.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#6 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:44 AM

I guess I see a series of strongly hinting moments between the two, and leading up to a huge fight or situation, life endangering where one of them suddenly kisses the other. The kiss shown to be shared of course for no confusion. biggrin.gif

I just don't see their confession to be a normal talk, NaruSaku isn't the normal garbage!

Edited by Wolfheart, 07 June 2009 - 03:45 AM.

#7 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 6 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just will quote what I said in the spoilers of chapters 450

I call this the death of a character during or after the confession plot device.

Asuma + Kurenai=Asuma DEATH

Jiraiya + Tsunade= Jiraiya Death ( plus Naruto WILL SUCCEED were Jiraiya failed. He listed not getting Tsunade as one of fallers)

Rin + confession = Death to Rin

Obtio + Rin = death to both character's shamefulcry0js.gif I miss Obtio.

I call this THE BAD ASS protection confession of love during battle plot device.
Lee+confession= nothing changed

Hinata + confession= A stab to the heart even thought she survived rolleyes.gif. Nothing changed Naruto didn't even remember the confession.

I call this the confession of shallowness crushes plot device.

Ino + Sasuke = Nothing changed

Sakura + Sasuke= nothing changed

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 07 June 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#8 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 7 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just will quote what I said in the spoilers of chapters 450

I call this the death of a character during or after the confession plot device.

Asuma + Kurenai=Asuma DEATH

There has never been a confession, they were already together.
Jiraiya + Tsunade= Jiraiya Death ( plus Naruto WILL SUCCEED were Jiraiya failed. He listed not getting Tsunade as one of fallers)

He never confessed to her before he died and he gave up on pursuing her a while back.

Rin + confession = Death to Rin

She never confessed to Kakashi, he interrupted her.

Obtio + Rin = death to both character's shamefulcry0js.gif I miss Obtio.

They weren't even together.
I call this THE BAD ASS protection confession of love during battle plot device.
Lee+confession= nothing changed

He confessed to Sakura after beating up Sasuke. There was no plot device.
Hinata + confession= A stab to the heart even thought she survived rolleyes.gif. Nothing changed Naruto didn't even remember the confession.

He hasn't even gotten the chance to speak with her so how can he forget?

I call this the confession of shallowness crushes plot device.

Ino + Sasuke = Nothing changed

There was no confession or plot device.
Sakura + Sasuke= nothing changed

He called her annoying and then thanked her before knocking her out and leaving the village.

I don't see how any of these examples are similar to an actual love confession which has only happened with Sasuke/Sakura in chapter 181. And with that Sasuke had an opportunity to give a reply, Naruto hasn't (yet).

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 7 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There has never been a confession, they were already together.

He still dead isn't he.

He never confessed to her before he died and he gave up on pursuing her a while back.

He did confess many times during the time he asked her out rolleyes.gif.

She never confessed to Kakashi, he interrupted her.

So it still a half confession and still the death of a character

They weren't even together.

So it still caused him to die in the manga didn't.

He confessed to Sakura after beating up Sasuke. There was no plot device

I am talking about the Forest of death arc wear he protected her

He hasn't even gotten the chance to speak with her so how can he forget?

Um Did he say anything about the confession in the NEWEST chapter or anything and he thought he hurt Hinata not the other way around.

Oh and Ino said Sasuke was hers and he didn't say anything about it to her. In the early chapters I can't remember which I have to find it first.

#10 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:37 AM

I'm sorry, RyrineaHaruno, but for many of the points you make so far, I'd like to see some actual solid proof via images or chapter and page references. As far as I know, I can argue along with True, but without some actual evidence listed out, I cannot fully believe you and this little debate will just become a big fat mess.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 7 2009, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He still dead isn't he.

How does this relate to Hinata's confession? Are you saying anyone who gets together in the manga will die?

He did confess many times during the time he asked her out rolleyes.gif.

This was an example of unrequited love.

So it still a half confession and still the death of a character

He was already dead before confessing.

So it still caused him to die in the manga didn't.

The confession didn't kill him, rocks did.

I am talking about the Forest of death arc wear he protected her

Lee protected her when Sakura was under attack. Naruto went six tails when Hinata was injured.
Um Did he say anything about the confession in the NEWEST chapter or anything and he thought he hurt Hinata not the other way around.

He hasn't even had the chance to reply. His friend confessed right in front of him before being injured. Do you think he'll just forget about it?
Oh and Ino said Sasuke was hers and he didn't say anything about it to her. In the early chapters I can't remember which I have to find it first.

I don't see how this is a confession at all.

EDIT: I agree with Lee, unless I can see solid proof this argument is going no where.

#12 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:00 AM

How does this relate to Hinata's confession? Are you saying anyone who gets together in the manga will die?

No I am not, I just saying the people who confess like Sakura, Hinata,Rin, and Lee will never get together. They just will be friends.

This was an example of unrequited love.

Uh still he die Yes I know it just part of the equation

He was already dead before confessing.

Asama right so he still dead and buried

The confession didn't kill him, rocks did.

I know Rocks killed him but he died after he confessed

Lee protected her when Sakura was under attack. Naruto went six tails when Hinata was injured.
Naruto went six tails when Hinata was injured.

He didn't just do it for Hinata, he did it because He was angry at pain for killing people that he thought were his family.

He hasn't even had the chance to reply. His friend confessed right in front of him before being injured. Do you think he'll just forget about it?

Because he forgets everything when he comes out of Kybui state he only remembers what triggered it

Yes Sakura didn't forget about the protection for lee, but they became friends because of it.

Sorry for any miss spellings. Oh and let drop this after all it's getting us know where until I can find the manga pictures

#13 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

The point seeming to try being made is confession = death

how ever I would disagree. in many ways Naruto is a story where the power of love is paramount over the powers of hatred.

In many of the examples that have been pointed out the general premise is that if ones confessed then their love either comes to naught or they die.

to use the examples provided.

Kurenai and Asuma. In point of fact this example has nothing to do with the premise as neither Asuma nore Kurenai ever confessed openly. their relationship was implied and only trully confirmed when it was revealed that Kurenai was pregnant with asumas child. Asumas death was as a responce to his protecting shikamaru and the others. in many ways Asuma died for his beliefs and to protect the king (the future generations and his own child specifically) a cause for which he was willing to give his life.

Jiraiya and Kurenai. Again these two do not represent the premise in that again neither ever confessed openly. While Jiraiya heavily implied before he left for the rain village that he was always in love with Tsunade he understood it was never meant to be. Tsunade on the other hand showed that she recognized his feelings and though she never said them out loud to him she implied to shizune that when he came back he wouldnt have to act so tough anymore. hence implying that she was open to his advances.

Jiraiya again died for what he believed in, placing his faith with Naruto and his legacy, as well as solidfiying the paralel with sasuke and setting up the final showdown between the two pupils.

Rin and Obito. Rin and Obito dont specifically have a confession of their own. in point of fact the only confession between them is a posthumous one where Kakashi told rin how much Obito loved her and that he would protect her for his sake. Obitos death is confirmed as he saved Kakashi at the cost of his own. Thus exemplifying his own philosophy of never abandoning his friends. Rins current status is unknown. It is assumed she is dead, but no specific information has been given to imply either way.

Lee to Sakura was in fact not a true confession per say. he offered her an unselfish and sincere promise of protection. And while this is a generally big deal romanticlaly in shonen stories, there is no indication that beyond establishing lee as a good guy with noble intent, he is a minor supporting character. the goal in the chunin exams was to show up sasuke more then to throw a new relationship in the mix. In the forest of death Lees golas were also to protect Sasuke and Naruto as well as Sakura.

Sakura to Sasuke. This confession comes the closest to the truest definiton of romantic love. but it too is a selfish confession based on Sakuras desperation at the time, and the fact that her feelings were still based on a false memory. Selfish confessions of this sort are the closest to the premise, and in any case serve more to as a bridge to the character to grow up past such selfishness.

for Sakura this came as a desire to grow stronger for Narutos sake and respresnrted the horizon line where she crossed over from a silly school girl to a mature young woman.

Hinatas to Naruto also has the same selfish implications and desperation as Sakuras. Hinatas desperation born of the knowledge that she was facing certian death, and She even admits the selfish nature of the actions.

however The confession does have the basis of being the stepping stone where Hinata moves past being in narutos shadow and steps into her own shoes as a stronger person. She also moves past her own crushg of admiration and allows naruto to pursue his dream and happiness with sakura.

This is shown in the panel where she is shown alone with no one else around. this is done to emphasize her feelings. as all we see is Hinatas face and emotions. those emotions are hope and happiness and encouragment. she is not jealous (a very distinctive emotion) or is it sadness (again a very distinctive emotion) her eyes are bright and open, and her smile is genuine and real. she is showing her acknowledgement of his happiness and her support for it.

Inos to Sasuke is not a true confession in that she doesnt really say anything specific beyond admiting her crush much as sakura does. thus confirming her as Sakuras rival, and establishing the basis for that rivalry. In the end Ino honestly moves well past any crush and becomes a astronger person through out the series. When she protects Sakura after Lee falls in the forest, she is doing so out of friendship. She uses the I wont let you look like a hero in Sasukes eyes line to motivate both Sakura and herself, not as any declaration of love of any sort.

Minato and Kushina have the most open relationship in the series. the implication that they are married is pretty strong though never spoken aloud. However Kushina being pregnant and Mianto hanging around her all the time would be a pretty blatant statment in that regard.

Kushinas fate is still somewhat vague it is speculated that she is dead from childbirth, but never confirmed. Minato is dead via the ultimate Sacrafice the love of a father for his child, and the love of a hokage for his village. again the symbolism of protectng the King (in this case his own son the next generation of protectors)

In the end many of the examples arent as symbolic as you might think. The deaths do not come as a direct result of confessions nor does the confession indicate the death of a realtionship. Sakura and sasuke still have a confrontation to work out in regards to their confession, and the reason for it. Hinata also still will be talked to by Naruto to at least clear the air about her own.

In the end Naruto and Sakura have the best chance of a relationship not for the confession or hugs but because the tow have built a relationship on a foundation of trust, and friendship. a slow and steady build up of feelings and acknowledgment that is both unselfish and strong.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#14 smilebomb

smilebomb

Inuzuka Kiba's Lover

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Johnny's Entertainment, anime, drawing, and writting...

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:03 AM

Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure how she would confess to him. Although, I have thought about it an awful lot.
Somehow, I see it happening in a serious dramatic scene. *wishful thinking*

It is definately pretty obvious that Sakura does have some type of feelings for him, so I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens.

~Naruto fanatic~

#15 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

This is shown in the panel where she is shown alone with no one else around. this is done to emphasize her feelings. as all we see is Hinatas face and emotions. those emotions are hope and happiness and encouragment. she is not jealous (a very distinctive emotion) or is it sadness (again a very distinctive emotion) her eyes are bright and open, and her smile is genuine and real. she is showing her acknowledgement of his happiness and her support for it.

yeah...i agree with you haha. maybe hinata had released all her feelings to naruto so there's no jealous or sad.

hinata i hope you can see how true naruto loves sakura. hee hee

#16 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Sherry @ Jun 7 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hinata i hope you can see how true naruto loves sakura. hee hee

yeah. lol tongue.gif

i think sakura will just say it. like out of nowhere. before naruto leaves for a very dangerous mission wub.gif

#17 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

The point seeming to try being made is confession = death

how ever I would disagree. in many ways Naruto is a story where the power of love is paramount over the powers of hatred.

In many of the examples that have been pointed out the general premise is that if ones confessed then their love either comes to naught or they die.

I am just saying they become friends with a closer bond nothing more or nothing less. Hinata and Lee are in their own category.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 07 June 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#18 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

I say it may occur during a desperate crisis where its Naruto's life on the line. Remember she vowed to protect and save him & Sasuke. Perhaps it could be that moment where she may reveal her feelings.

Hey this gives me a great idea! a_plotting.gif Wanna place bets on which chapter Sakura reveals her true feelings about Naurto?
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#19 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Jun 7 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say it may occur during a desperate crisis where its Naruto's life on the line. Remember she vowed to protect and save him & Sasuke. Perhaps it could be that moment where she may reveal her feelings.

Hey this gives me a great idea! a_plotting.gif Wanna place bets on which chapter Sakura reveals her true feelings about Naurto?

I agree. I place 50 royu in the next 50+ chapter or so.

#20 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 7 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I place 50 royu in the next 50+ chapter or so.

Right on I say ch. 600!

Anymore takers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users