• Please log in to reply
2011 replies to this topic

#81 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

Bills win! a_dance.gif

uc.png

#82 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

I'm pleased. The Panthers remind more of the 2003 team where they had a good running game to back up Smith. It's good to know that they can beat good teams without him and even when they're getting nothing from their passing game. I was worried for awhile since they were down 17-3 against a good Chicago defense and actually have been a pretty mediocre home team. The got speed with Williams and if that doesn't work (like against Chicago) they have power with Stewart. Stewart's been impressive both games.

And only if we could all play the Rams....they look bad. Really bad. The good news is the play in the sorriest division in the NFL and should at least win a couple of games. '

The Jaguars have had a lot of major injuries on their lines. A couple of serious ones plus one of their players was shot. It's killing them. Besides, I don't think they choked or anything, that takes away too much from Buffalo who are better then I think people give them credit for. Everyone says the Jets are the Team to beat in this division. At this point, it looks like it's actually the Bills, so long as Edwards remains consistent.

#83 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

Bills, Panthers and Redskins comeback ruined my picks. sad.gif

#84 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Quick observations:

Bills took care of the inferior team, nothing surprising.

Bears stilll have no offense

Cincy sucks.

Detroit sucks.

San Diego REALLY sucks

The Rams haven't realised they are playing regular season games.

Aaron Rodgers is the real deal.

OH and Saints choked big time. So much for them.
\

#85 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

and now the final scores of the 2nd Games

Cardinals 31 Dolphins 10
Buccaneers 24 Falcons 9
Patriots 19 Jets 10
In Overtime 49ers 33 Seahawks 30
Broncos 39 Chargers 38

all that's left tonight is Steelers VS. Browns, then Monday Night Football Philadelphia Eagles VS. Dallas Cowboys

#86 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:48 PM

The refs are pissing me off th_cussing.gif .

That should have been a fumble recovery at the end of the game. I feel robbed. Hopefully my Bolts' defense gets better. The offense looked good today and with that fumble recovery we would have won the game.

Other things I noticed are Bills look like they might win their division and Aaron Rodgers is looking really good.

#87 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 14 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The refs are pissing me off th_cussing.gif .

That should have been a fumble recovery at the end of the game. I feel robbed. Hopefully my Bolts' defense gets better. The offense looked good today and with that fumble recovery we would have won the game.

Other things I noticed are Bills look like they might win their division and Aaron Rodgers is looking really good.

I would be too. Wasn't the only call you guys were cheated out of. The Chambers fumble was also pretty bad.

#88 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, that was a BS call. But you gotta admit, that 2PT conversion that came afterward was pretty damn sweet.

Dolphins lost. ;_; At least Henne showed some good passing at the very end.

#89 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:35 AM

Steelers 10 Browns 6 in a close game.

now the only game left is MNF Eagles VS. Cowboys, should be a good one

#90 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

Seahawks lost in ot to the 49ers.

They switched to a spread offense last season, but it all goes out the window when you 3 best WRs are not playing
\

#91 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Sep 14 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seahawks lost in ot to the 49ers.

They switched to a spread offense last season, but it all goes out the window when you 3 best WRs are not playing

Actually, I thought that number was up to four when Burleson went down. Arizona may win the division because every stinks so much.

I know I'm from Texas, but I'm hoping for an Eagles win. I hate the Cowboys. A lot.

#92 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

^Heh....unfortunately Nate Cowboys won XD

This was one crazy game! So many lead changes and big plays from both sides. Yet the Cowboys defense proved to hold out in the end and sealed the victory for Dallas. It was a well played game and both Tony Romo and T.O. played phenomenally. Donvan McNabb did his best and play good as well, but couldn't manage in the end with all the pressure from Dallas's D. Either way a great game and definitively lived up to the hype.

#93 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

well we pretty much gave that game away on that fumble, and mcnabb did all he could despite not having weapons like romo, except westbrook and maybe jackson, the offensd played well and the defense and special teams need to step it up. but all you can do is lick your wounds and prepare for sunday, and as long as we have a healthy mcnabb, we'll have a chance to win every game

#94 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

We gave the game away, we lost it, they didn't win. Its a heartbreaker but im glad we play the steelers next because the only thing to get our spiritsup again is to bea a top team and i believe top 5 teams would go right now:

1.Cowboys
2.Giants
3.Steelers
4.Eagles
5.Buffalo
\

#95 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Week 3 Power Rankings

Top 10
1.Dallas Cowboys Next Game:@ Green Bay Packers
2.Pittsburgh Steelers Next Game:@ Philadelphia Eagles
3.New York Giants Next Game:VS. Cincinnati Bengals
4.Green Bay Packers Next Game:VS. Dallas Cowboys
5.Philadelphia Eagles Next Game:VS. Pittsburgh Steelers
6.New England Patriots Next Game:VS. Miami Dolphins
7.Indianapolis Colts Next Game:VS. Jacksonville Jaguars
8.Carolina Panthers Next Game:@ Minnesota Vikings
9.Tennessee Titans Next Game:VS. Houston Texans
10.Buffalo Bills Next Game:VS. Oakland Raiders

whaddya know we moved up, but considering on the road, we gave the game away,play in the toughest division in football , didn't have a our starting WR's compared to Seattle who lost to the 49ers, and we beat a disrespectful 7 point spread, i agree were top 10 but 5 is a little too high.

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 16 September 2008 - 06:14 PM.

#96 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Sep 16 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[

whaddya know we moved up, but considering on the road, we gave the game away,play in the toughest division in football , didn't have a our starting WR's compared to Seattle who lost to the 49ers, and we beat a disrespectful 7 point spread, i agree were top 10 but 5 is a little too high.

True, the Seahawks lost to the Niners and they're probably not going far, but I don't understand you're comparison. Seattle is missing it's starting four receives and has so many holes on offense because injuries that they had to play QB Seneca Wallace out of position. Wallace promptly got injured doing so and is now out for the next month.

We saw the complete Romo on display. He can be great at times, but for a QB as hyped as him he sure is turnover prone, which is why I don't think Dallas is winning the Super Bowl. He's good enough to get them there, but he commits enough turnovers (and untimely ones at that) that he's just as capable of blowing it for them.

And DeSean Jackson's play was hillarious. He's lucky they were still able to score and rendered the bonehead move moot. It reminds of of Antwan Randle El pitching the ball to nobody a few years ago when he was with the Steelers.

#97 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:12 AM

i was saying that it's good to see that even without curtis or brown, the offense was still able to move the ball on a better team, which is a credit to mcnabb considering we're a pass happy team, as soon as we get those guys back, the o should be even more effective

concerning desean i'll let it pass, he knows it was dumb, though he burned the defense on that play, he has the chance to be something special, he worked with jerry rice, and he's the first rookie since 1940 to have 2 100 yard games in his first two games, as long as he continues to produce and doesn't make any more boneheaded decisions, which he said he won't, then eagles fans will love him

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 17 September 2008 - 02:20 AM.

#98 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Dolphins scored first against the Pats...Oh my God.

#99 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Sep 21 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dolphins scored first against the Pats...Oh my God.

DON"T JINX THEM, i really wanna see the pats lose

#100 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Sep 21 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DON"T JINX THEM, i really wanna see the pats lose

Good point...but feelin positive. >D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users