Close
Photo

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair)

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Shoujo

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime also known as Snow White with the Red Hair

220px-Akagami_no_Shirayukihime_volume_1_

Summery: Shirayuki was a young girl born with unique apple-red hair. She meets a famous but foolish Prince Raji, who falls in love with her at first sight and orders her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young boy, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds but then gets poisoned by an apple given to Shirayuki. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out henchmen to search for her. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen's true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.

Source: http://myanimelist.n..._Shirayuki-hime

74169.jpg

The anime is animated by Studio Bones. And the first episode is out: http://kissanime.com...e-001?id=111944

Edited by Mixer, 05 September 2015 - 08:10 PM.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#2 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

I already had my expectations since I was reading the manga, but they way Studio Bones adapted this episode blew all of that way. 

My Review on Episode 1: 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#3 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

Well the first episode was defiantly great! Loved Studio Bones animation :love: 

Shirayuki is so pretty and lol I kinda recognized her voice actress same as Shinoa. And I don't think I ever shipped a parring this fast Zen X Shirayuki ftw!! XD

I already had my expectations since I was reading the manga, but they way Studio Bones adapted this episode blew all of that way. 

My Review on Episode 1: 

Studio Bones did such a great job with it!

I might read the manga after the first half of the series is done airing :D

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Well the first episode was defiantly great! Loved Studio Bones animation :love: 

Shirayuki is so pretty and lol I kinda recognized her voice actress same as Shinoa. And I don't think I ever shipped a parring this fast Zen X Shirayuki ftw!! XD

Studio Bones did such a great job with it!

I might read the manga after the first half of the series is done airing :D

Oh yeah don't worry I won't be spoiling anything from the manga, at best I'll just be comparing if they added in filler bits to the episode like they did with episode 1. I'll be honest here the minute I saw Shirayuki and Zen give one another that look and seeing how they interacted in the first chapter I was like okay Zen x Shirayuki  it's pretty obvious those two will end up together. That's not a bad thing though because it also make a great chemistry between the two characters. 

I'm quite fascinated of how the rest of the series will go from here. 

Hopefully the manga volumes will start coming out in the US thanks to this anime because I did a bit of research and noticed how they haven't released any volumes here in the US. Which I mean I was going to say that it's just a Shoujo, but I've seen shoujo manga at my local barnes and Noble like Say I Love You, Black Bird, Skip Beat, etc.  

Plus I don't know if you notice the tiny snow white referennces like the mirror mirror on the wall, or the poisoned apples scenery, but it was well placed.

#5 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Akagami no Shirayukihime manga was on my plan to read list for a long time. Watching the first episode makes me want to read. >.<

Edited by Tokura Misaki, 07 July 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:28 AM

Loved the first episode. Hate the Shirayuki's voice :sweatdrop: Sorry to the people in here who get annoyed with my constant reiterations of how I'm not a big fan of Saori Hayami's voice. I was fed up enough with her shrill voice with Shinoa from Owari no Seraph...

Studio Bones, you do not disappoint with the animation! Keep it up!

Hopefully the manga volumes will start coming out in the US thanks to this anime because I did a bit of research and noticed how they haven't released any volumes here in the US. Which I mean I was going to say that it's just a Shoujo, but I've seen shoujo manga at my local barnes and Noble like Say I Love You, Black Bird, Skip Beat, etc.  

Plus I don't know if you notice the tiny snow white references like the mirror mirror on the wall, or the poisoned apples scenery, but it was well placed.

It's amazing how mangas like Shirayuki-hime or Akatsuki no Yona that have been out in Japan for years still haven't reached our book stores -.- We're missing out on beautifully drawn mangas, too T_T

Speaking of shoujo, I'm still waiting for an anime adaptation of Orange. This could easily become a 12 episode anime (although I believed 16 episodes or so are at least required).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#7 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

Akagami no Shirayukihime manga was on my plan to read list for a long time. Watching the first episode makes me want to read. >.<

That's funny cause I'm actually reading from where I left off thanks to episode 1. 

Loved the first episode. Hate the Shirayuki's voice :sweatdrop: Sorry to the people in here who get annoyed with my constant reiterations of how I'm not a big fan of Saori Hayami's voice. I was fed up enough with her shrill voice with Shinoa from Owari no Seraph...

It's amazing how mangas like Shirayuki-hime or Akatsuki no Yona that have been out in Japan for years still haven't reached our book stores -.- We're missing out on beautifully drawn mangas, too T_T

Speaking of shoujo, I'm still waiting for an anime adaptation of Orange. This could easily become a 12 episode anime (although I believed 16 episodes or so are at least required).

It's okay people have their own preferences when it  comes to voice actors so don't worry I won't judge.  Glad to know that you loved the first episode of the anime adaption. 

I know I'm just sitting here going like ugh.. Yen Press, Kodansha Comics, Viz, somebody please translate these manga officially for us to pick up. I mean Boku No Hero Academia volume 1 is coming out soon and that's only been around for almost a year now and it's coming out in the us like a month from now. That's seriously saying something, but I think it might be possible that the anime will help us get the volumes here in the states. 

An Anime for Orange will be quite interesting I think 16 episodes is good enough number for the series seeing as to how its progressing, plus if I remember correctly isn't Orange getting an official manga volume release here in the state? 

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:46 AM

That's funny cause I'm actually reading from where I left off thanks to episode 1. 

It's okay people have their own preferences when it  comes to voice actors so don't worry I won't judge.  Glad to know that you loved the first episode of the anime adaption. 

I know I'm just sitting here going like ugh.. Yen Press, Kodansha Comics, Viz, somebody please translate these manga officially for us to pick up. I mean Boku No Hero Academia volume 1 is coming out soon and that's only been around for almost a year now and it's coming out in the us like a month from now. That's seriously saying something, but I think it might be possible that the anime will help us get the volumes here in the states. 

An Anime for Orange will be quite interesting I think 16 episodes is good enough number for the series seeing as to how its progressing, plus if I remember correctly isn't Orange getting an official manga volume release here in the state? 

I used to think that the Japanese sales play a big role in determining whether a manga would get license by a US company, but that's prob not entirely the case. I've seen a few mangas that had rather bad or decent sales that made it over to the US... Dunno if Shoujos have it harder with getting licensed in the US.

And yes! Orange will get released in the US, but they will put two and a half volumes into one volume. So you will get two volumes, with each one averaging around the price of $19.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#9 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

I used to think that the Japanese sales play a big role in determining whether a manga would get license by a US company, but that's prob not entirely the case. I've seen a few mangas that had rather bad or decent sales that made it over to the US... Dunno if Shoujos have it harder with getting licensed in the US.

And yes! Orange will get released in the US, but they will put two and a half volumes into one volume. So you will get two volumes, with each one averaging around the price of $19.

I think that might be the case for shoujo manga in the US because I've mainly seen Shounen and Seinen Manga at The Barnes and Noble I go to whenever I check out what they've got on the shelves. 

Two and a half volumes in one for Orange man that's going to be kinda big, but then again I'm not complaining.  In some cases I find that kinda refreshing actually because that way it won't be a long way to say wait for Volume 2 since 1 and 2 will be one volume in the US. 

#10 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

Oh yeah don't worry I won't be spoiling anything from the manga, at best I'll just be comparing if they added in filler bits to the episode like they did with episode 1. I'll be honest here the minute I saw Shirayuki and Zen give one another that look and seeing how they interacted in the first chapter I was like okay Zen x Shirayuki  it's pretty obvious those two will end up together. That's not a bad thing though because it also make a great chemistry between the two characters. 

I'm quite fascinated of how the rest of the series will go from here. 

Plus I don't know if you notice the tiny snow white referennces like the mirror mirror on the wall, or the poisoned apples scenery, but it was well placed.

I'll probably would spoil myself soon :sweatdrop: Yes, please try to compare the animation and the manga, there may or maybe not panels there aren't animated. 

Zen and Shirayuki.. Well yeah, it's too obvious. But still love them together :love: 
Yups, could she the Snow white reference, but at least it's just the apples and the mirror mirror thing. 

I hope the rest of the anime follows the manga + the animation would be as good as the first episode.

Don't really know how the translation process is in US. Isn't it Viz that translate the mangas? 

Edited by Mixer, 07 July 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#11 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

Lmao, I could recognize her voice from the start XD. But Saori's voice suites her ^^

An anime for Orange would be A W E S O M E. I'm still waiting for the live-action.

Isn't the manga monthly? it has the same background as Last game.
I'll read it after catching up with all the things I need to catch up too T_T

#12 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

Isn't the manga monthly? it has the same background as Last game.

I'll read it after catching up with all the things I need to catch up too T_T

I think so.

#13 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

OMFG didnt know that the first episode is out already waaaaaaah

I love this manga.. im getting all giddy just hearing the first episode is out

Thanks mixer for the heads up

Edited by dejavu, 07 July 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#14 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

OMFG didnt know that the first episode is out already waaaaaaah

I love this manga.. im getting all giddy just hearing the first episode is out

Thanks mixer for the heads up

Your welcome:D The anime is well animated, so I think you'll like it.

#15 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Your welcome:D The anime is well animated, so I think you'll like it.

Imao, your sig :lmao:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Imao, your sig :lmao:

Well, everyone needs Kagura and Gin-chan eating :lulz:

Oh, forgot to ask you.. But who is the little guy on your sig? Little Gintoki?

#17 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

Well, everyone needs Kagura and Gin-chan eating :lulz:

Oh, forgot to ask you.. But who is the little guy on your sig? Little Gintoki?

Yeah, that's Gintoki when he was a little kid. The guy with the long light-brown hair was his master Yoshida Shouyo.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#18 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, that's Gintoki when he was a little kid. The guy with the long light-brown hair was his master Yoshida Shouyo.

Oh, so he also had a master. Damn I need to catch up on Gintama T_T

edit: Well spoiled myself with Gintama again XD

Edited by Mixer, 07 July 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#19 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

The first episode was so good. I've read some of the manga and they stuck very close, animation was lovely, and Zen and Shirayuki have very good chemistry with each other. I love Shirayuki leaving her hair behind, basically saying "if you like me for my hair, you can have it, but I'm out." :lol: That's the way to do it girl.

#20 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

The first episode was so good. I've read some of the manga and they stuck very close, animation was lovely, and Zen and Shirayuki have very good chemistry with each other. I love Shirayuki leaving her hair behind, basically saying "if you like me for my hair, you can have it, but I'm out." :lol: That's the way to do it girl.

Yeah that was a cool way of handling things. And indeed they have chemistry that is why even if its just a normal conversation it flows really easily. They both respect each other and they dont make you cringe with sappy stuffs.

Things will just get better after this. I hope it will be more than 12 episodes as most anime nowadays are like that.

I wonder if most of you people here is updated to the manga? So far im liking the fact that

tagging it just in case but very small spoiler

For those who dont want to look at my spoiler tag. Ill just say

ObixZen ftw
lol kiddin
not

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users