317 replies to this topic

#61 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

Ok my impression first then looks at everyone else comments.

First page...nice colors but Bolt and Kawaki look meh. The village is in the background does not look destroyed. So?

Cover splash page with inoshikacho the new team Naruto an Sasuke and kawaki and some girl (oh she is the sensi of inoshika cho...wait is she moogie or how ever you spell her name). The art looks meh did they change salad outfit again? She now has that belt.

Ok the future version looks like they came straight out of a fanfic with all those tattoos and scars and everything else. Blah blah the age of the ninja is over and Bolt fight to keep it going. Has a headband that has two scratch marks one it may be sasuke old one with Naruto ribbon part.

OHHHH GOD!!! THAT LOOKS LIKE kitten! GO BACK TO COLOR! GO BACK TO COLOR!

5 Page! Saying this is "my story" that read like it came of an angsty fan fic.

You know the no dialogue is a nice touch. This guy has a problem with drawing noses. Hinata on second image looks stoned.

Another page saying this is "my story." Six!

He meets up with his team to fight a panda? Ugh ugly panda. So he can do shadow clones. The first group shot have varying levels of quality from OK on Salad to meh on Cups (mitsuki) to what is wrong with bolt. Salad quickly gets into an argument yelling that Bolt not to underestimate the panda (so sakura?). Cups comes off like Sai more then Sasuke. So they fight the panda calling a bear-panda because of stupid argument. And Bolt block Salad from getting a hit in. I think she is suppose to be upset about this and proclaims that she will be hokage when Cups praises Bolts.

OH God! Is that Konohamaru!? He can use the shadow bind? Oh it's because he is using the stupid ninja apparatus from the movie. He shows it off and explains the mission was to test the device, and launches his rasengan that destroys a house (comedy?).

Oh God Naruto! He is doing an interview talking about "the glory of their era of peace" as well as the upcoming chunin exams. And during that we get to see the scenes from the ending of the Bolt movie. You know the one where Naruto is carrying and old lady while Sakura and ino watch from a cafe. And this is continued as we see more scene just ripped from the movie. Since I haven't seen the movie i'm just going to assume the rest of this is from said movie. Just going to go through the rest then just do final thought.

Oh Hinata call Sasuke "Sasuke-kun" Wonder how the fans react to that if at all.

Ok It quite obvious that other then the first part and "This is my story" bits that this was just copying the bolt movie scene to scene. This is possibly the worst thing they could have done. Why would anyone want to wait months to read in bits and piece of something that is already out? More importantly is an inferior version of said story? You can literally put the movie on your tv while reading this chapter and see how bad it is in comparison to the movie. That is not something people should be able to do for your first chapter. Honestly the should have started off in the genin exams, then go into the movie. The first few pages were just so they have something different and to try and interest people in their new manga. Then they just copy paste the movie because they have no idea what they should be writing this story about other then they want to build up to that scene. You know everyone Naruto shippuden did the same thing actually for it's first episode. So this isn't even an original idea in the franchise itself!

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 May 2016 - 12:34 AM.

#62 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:34 AM

So apparently even Sawyer7mage doesn't like the direction the new series is taking. Go figure

#63 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:46 AM

So apparently even Sawyer7mage doesn't like the direction the new series is taking. Go figure

Ofcourse he wouldn't like it, the Hinatard had his precious Hinata made to look like a old ugly biddy, and her daughter look like she got smack with an ugly stick. Sakura and Ino don't look that great either but atleast they don't look as bad as Hinata does.

This just seems to be a rehash of the crappy movie, just with worst art, I don't even manage to finish the chapter, the combination of the rediculous story and art just made it painful to read.

Actually if Sawyer7mage didnt like the series direction does this mean he didn't like the Boruto movie either?

iAnby7W.gif

#64 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:49 AM

Ofcourse he wouldn't like it, the Hinatard had his precious Hinata made to look like a old ugly biddy, and her daughter look like she got smack with an ugly stick. Sakura and Ino don't look that great either but atleast they don't look as bad as Hinata does.

This just seems to be a rehash of the crappy movie, just with worst art, I don't even manage to finish the chapter, the combination of the rediculous story and art just made it painful to read.

Actually if Sawyer7mage didnt like the series direction does this mean he didn't like the Boruto movie either?

He liked the movie just doesnt see the point of a rehash and is upset at the possibility of Naruto's death

#65 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

The journey is the only part that could be decent but the story may drag it down for being redundant under new paint (literally). The only difference is Boruto is Sasuke as the protagonist.

#66 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

You know this is something I actually liked when it came to Kishi,  sure  there would be flashbacks "especially ones we've seen thousands of times", but at the same time he'll cut back to what's going on in the present.  

I mean heck I can take the moment where we got the flashbacks of Naruto's past when it came to Gaiden during his little conversation with Sarada. Yes it was a rehash for a good two pages, but atleast it was brief unlike with whatever the hell we got based on what everyone is talking.... I did promise everyone I'd do a live reaction to the first chapter and I gotta own up to it unfortunately... 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#67 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:20 AM

What about Forneverworld?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#68 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:23 AM

Alright everyone wish me luck: 

#69 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

"This series sucks. It's weird because I thought it was great. Then Hinata shows up. Now I hate it. I can't pinpoint why..."

#70 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:34 AM

"This series sucks. It's weird because I thought it was great. Then Hinata shows up. Now I hate it. I can't pinpoint why..."

He said that?

#71 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:40 AM

He said that?

I was joking. Lol.

#72 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:51 AM

I've got one perfect way of describing this chapter: 

PHANTOM MENANCED!!!

Aside from the first 6 pages which were interesting to a degree...

#73 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:18 AM

if anyone is interested my joke with yuri was sasuke having a baby with naruto in gaiden he hasn't read the trash yet i also told him it created drama that was not needed im still surprised tara platt agreed with me i wonder what kate higgins thinks cuz we already know full well what chie thinks and quite honestly its pathetic its true that love is shown in different ways but to have a woman marry her attempted killer is wrong on so many levels and clueless ss fans that have the nerve to tell critics to stop bashing the bastard should be ashamed because by telling critics not to bash him they are approving that woman should be with emo psychopaths its disgusting and they're pathetic sorry for the rant 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#74 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

He liked the movie just doesnt see the point of a rehash and is upset at the possibility of Naruto's death

They had to kill Naruto. Nobody liked the new Naruto. They were calling him scumbag in Japan, we all complained about how out of character he was.

The orphan who felt tortured because he had no parents smacked his own SON FOR DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE DID, BECAUSE HIS SON FELT DISTANT FROM HIS FATHER.

What kind of hero is that??? No wonder they killed off Naruto, he was dead ever since the group lobotomy that was 693.

Edited by Shadow1275, 04 May 2016 - 02:21 AM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#75 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:34 AM

He's not that bothered by it compared to other fans. So yeah.....

#76 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:01 AM

They won't kill off Naruto. It's bait. And let be honest; who is really going to stay years up to Naruto's "death"? Considering that this takes place when Boruto is older and we are currently at the rehash of the Bolt movie in a monthly serialized manga. I can't even see Sasuke or even Sakura dying. I predict the same deaths similar to Pain and 4th War Arc.

I won't lie, the beginning was interesting. And I'm shocked that the author didn't wank Hinata sexually.

I'm just wondering what makes Sarada different; she is too sexualized for a 12 year old and so far she is the only sexualized girl...

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#77 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:05 AM

good idiots like him double4 and fornever kinda were asking for it i mean they were ranting at fans that hated the ending it was completely childish and stupid of them namikaze especially fornever just ughh i still remember his rant towards narusaku fans it was pathetic

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#78 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:15 AM

I don't know which reboot is worse... this or the Powerpuff Girls reboot. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#79 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:24 AM

I don't know which reboot is worse... this or the Powerpuff Girls reboot. 

Well, they share something in common and that's wtf art.

#80 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:54 AM

Out of curiosity how many Naruto fans/faction/groups are their left that are going to be interested in this manga?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users