• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Welp...tumblr's at it again. Now the writers and anyone who liked Saturday's Samurai jack episode are homophobic Jack and Ashi kissed...as if the shipteasing hadn't been happening since the day they met. I guess showing straight couples is homophobic now or something shrug Then there are the people calling Jack a pedophile because of the age gap...even though they're physically the same age and Ashi is a consenting adult. Basically, everyone's pulling everything out of their a.. to try and discredit the writers because they didn't want those two to hook up because everything has to be an agenda on Tumblr.

How in the hell is it homophobic to make Jack not gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that(first Seinfeld quote) but how is homophobic to make character who is not gay in the first place?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#22 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

No pairing. It doesn't suit the series.

#23 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

No pairing. It doesn't suit the series.

maybe in the original show but this is new

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#24 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

Welcome to the new world order.

Where being a transgender, homosexual, or genderless is considered the "normal society," meanwhile being straight, white, and male is apparently being racist and sexist to everyone else and apparently you need to "get with the times."

It is always funny how these are the same people that say "respect and love each other" and "All love is equal," but then take offense to everything and are the first to hate things when they occur. They bring up how fighting hate with hate is not a good thing and yet they are the first to hate anyone who disagrees with them.

j6n14o.jpg

yeah some of those posts are downright cruel one of the writers had to delete her twitter because of the hate seriously i know they wanted a father/daughter bond but thats clearly not what genndy was going for at all in fact some fans called them getting together after watching the first episode

#25 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

How in the hell is it homophobic to make Jack not gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that(first Seinfeld quote) but how is homophobic to make character who is not gay in the first place?

It isn't and tumblr isn't "at it again", at least not with throwing around that word like it's nothing. James' reciepts are irrelevant, just people complaining about the writing, not calling people homophobic.

yeah some of those posts are downright cruel one of the writers had to delete her twitter because of the hate seriously i know they wanted a father/daughter bond but thats clearly not what genndy was going for at all in fact some fans called them getting together after watching the first episode

Twitter and tumblr are two different communities, and in my experience twitter is a lot worse. The posts in that image also aren't worse than how we complain about NH/SS on this site..they're literally just saying they're disappointed and will quit watching, so any twitter harassment is unrelated.

ナルサク

#26 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

It isn't and tumblr isn't "at it again", at least not with throwing around that word like it's nothing. James' reciepts are irrelevant, just people complaining about the writing, not calling people homophobic.

Twitter and tumblr are two different communities, and in my experience twitter is a lot worse. The posts in that image also aren't worse than how we complain about NH/SS on this site..they're literally just saying they're disappointed and will quit watching, so any twitter harassment is unrelated.

i guess you're right sushi btw what was that trope called? you compared it to ashi

#27 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

i guess you're right sushi btw what was that trope called? you compared it to ashi

"born sexy yesterday", recently uploaded on youtube. very interesting video.

ナルサク

#28 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

"born sexy yesterday", recently uploaded on youtube. very interesting video.

has it been shown in anime?

#29 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

has it been shown in anime?

can't come up with anything bu possible, did you watch the video? Do you think it relates to Ashi and the Jashi ship?

ナルサク

#30 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:13 AM

can't come up with anything bu possible, did you watch the video? Do you think it relates to Ashi and the Jashi ship?

yes i believe it does which is why im trying to think of what anime has done that 

#31 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

i know some peopl compare it to the touken ship in tokyo ghoul but im not really a fan of that series

#32 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

i know some peopl compare it to the touken ship in tokyo ghoul but im not really a fan of that series

Where have you seen that? It's not a well known trope.

Touken is different. Touka teaches Ken how to manage the ghoul world, but there is no sexualizing, lack of understanding of consent and their romantic development is separate from her teachings.

ナルサク

#33 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

maybe in the original show but this is new

The second season is a follow up from the first season. To put romance with Jack is reducing the golden days of Samurai Jack with Jack's solo adventure.

#34 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

If people really think the age gap is a problem, I guess Katara and Aang (100 year gap), Greg and Rose (several century gap), Kida and Milo (1000 year gap), are all problems too, right?

It’s explained in the opening of every episode that he’s not aging. Time lost its effect on him. He might be 70+ according to time, but physically/mentally/emotionally, he’s clearly remained the same young wise samurai that we all know and love.

Posted Image

#35 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

Theres nothing wrong with straight romance but it has to be executed well not forced within 2 episodes before the finale. Also theres nothing wrong with having a father daughter  platonic bond  And its ok to have men and women being just friends. I thought the writers were going to go to that route,  which didn't happened and it ended up with disappointment.

Edited by rikakim94, 10 May 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#36 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

If people really think the age gap is a problem, I guess Katara and Aang (100 year gap), Greg and Rose (several century gap), Kida and Milo (1000 year gap), are all problems too, right?

Its explained in the opening of every episode that hes not aging. Time lost its effect on him. He might be 70+ according to time, but physically/mentally/emotionally, hes clearly remained the same young wise samurai that we all know and love.

Who are you really arguing with? Just like with your tumblr comment, no one here mentioned age gap.

ナルサク

#37 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Who are you really arguing with? Just like with your tumblr comment, no one here mentioned age gap.

I wasn't arguing with anyone just making a point.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 11 May 2017 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image

#38 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

I wasn't arguing with anyone just making a point.

you make a good one but some fans are still gonna feel iffy about it i don't though the fans that don't support it their main problem is her transition to the light personally i felt it was well paced if it was any later id probably be in the same boat as them in some ways i think of her like zuko if that makes any sense

#39 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:56 AM

https://youtu.be/c-LvFr_QBVY get hyped for tomorrow samurai jack fans i wonder where ashi is

#40 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

https://youtu.be/8gLigJ2eZvo i felt jack's sdness nd pain look at him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users