LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:07 AM

Remember the days when Akame ga Kill was talked about from alot of people mainly due to the anime adaptation that came out, and people generally didn't like how the ending was for that. Then you had the manga which I will admit is definitely better that's for sure heck I even think the manga is really underrated and that most of the negative backlash this series gets mainly comes from it's anime counterpart.  You might be wondering why I am bringing up Akame ga Kill into this particular thread?  It's actually pretty simple, the manga is being written by the same writer who did the manga for Akame ka Kill.  Takhiro.  The only difference between the two series is the artists behind the series. In Akame ga Kill the art is done by Tetsuya and in this series the art is done by strelka. 

ecea695cf217ddce58b96f27b4c7343639ad8bdb

Here is a little synopsis:  The history takes place in a far eastern country named Wakoku, where the law of the strongest outbalances and where a battle rages since more than 100 years. Hinowa is a young girl rather strange, founds herself in this battle... Will she manage to put an end to this chaos?

So far there are 4 chapters out and it is a monthly series.   So far from what I've read it's actually pretty good so far for some one who really enjoys the Akame ga Kill manga this one was no exception.

I do wanna advise people this though when it comes to this series,  It is a slight  continuation of Akame ga Kill... Like think of going from Tokyo Ghoul to Tokyo Ghoul :re  except it's centered around a completely new character.  Also, without spoiling anything there is a certain character from Akame ga Kill that does play a role in the story, and it's kinda interesting as to mangaka does it.  So let me just say this for those who of you felt like Akame ga Kill left some things unanswered then I wouldn't worry too much cause I think this series will address it. 

Here are the chapters so far: 

Chapter 1: https://imgur.com/a/tfrbQ#3Q2Wunn

Chapter 2: https://imgur.com/a/KDPMh

Chapter 3: https://imgur.com/a/xC0ao

Chapter 4: https://imgur.com/a/lnFLL

For those of you guys who read Akame ka Kill, what do you think of it? Is this your first time hearing about this series? Like I said this is a series I'm going to be keeping my eye on given with what Takhiro was able to handle with the previous series and I think he'll be able to suceed again, and while the art is a little weak compared to Akame ga Kill it can improve overtime otherwise the art style on it's own its really good for the most part.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 October 2017 - 04:09 AM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

You know you could have just written 'from the writer behind Akame ka Kill, is collaborating with a new artist for his new story' that would have been enough.

I have always been nervous reading Akame ka Kill, the manga looks all unsuspecting and cute, but kinda gory for a manga where the main female lead looks like she's in a Rom-Com.

iAnby7W.gif

#3 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

I could've easily fixed it.. usually I'd go proofread and reword things.. Last night however I just felt a little lazy that's mainly it.. I'll probably go back and fix it soon. 

I would definitely give it a shot it's worth the read, yes it can be dark make no mistake about that, but it's not on Beserk level or Tokyo Ghoul level or dark. However things can be kinda gruesome that's for sure.  I have stated that I do feel that Akame ga Kill is kinda underrated as manga series  even though the final arc kinda rushed (the ending itself was good for the most part).   Anyway point is it's a series you should check out before reading this series.  I'll say this compared to Akame ga Kill this one is a little more light hearted (in a good way), and I'll just leave it at that.    

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users