• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:43 PM

Dancing in the Moonlight

She was wearing that dress. He could never resist her when she was in it, and she knew it well. Even though a half-mask hid her face from him, he would never forget all the intricate curves of her body, curves that he had extensively explored more than once in the past. Inside the well-lit ballroom, the sounds of happy, costumed people laughing and dancing filtered outside, though neither he nor she paid much attention. There were more important things to focus on.

?You wore the dress,? he said, taking a step closer to her, eyes twinkling wickedly. ?Tease.?

?Who said that I wore it for you?? she retorted, crossing her arms just beneath her breasts. She felt his eyes on her, and secretly rejoiced. This game that they played with each other was always so?thrilling. No matter how often they met, no matter how many times his eyes ravaged her, or his lips trailed their fire across her skin, she could never get enough of him. But, that did not mean she had to make things easy on him.

Little vixen, he thought, unable to tear his gaze away from the swell of her chest. She had been the one to invite him to the party, to forcefully insist that he be there, or face the consequences. After all the years he?d known her, he decided not to take his chances, and did as she said. Of course, word spread like wildfire that he would make an appearance, and no one, particularly Naruto, was surprised. He never realized he was that obvious.

They had danced together in the middle of the floor for a time, unaware of the many pairs of eyes that gravitated towards them, and the smiles hidden behind a well-placed hand. The world had narrowed to him and her, and that tiny piece of polished floor on which they stood.

He had always loved her, since the day he first laid eyes on her, however many years ago. She was his match in every sense, her wily temper and brash attitude fitting his like a glove. She had her flaws, yes, but so did he, and he loved her all the more for them. He had searched far and wide for a woman to compare to her, but every time, he turned up nothing. There was no one like her, and his thoughts inevitably ended straying to the memory of her face, her voice, her mannerisms?oh, he could pretend not to be affected by her, but that?s all it really was. An act. Did she know he would gladly lay down his life for her at any time? Did she realize that, late at night, when he lay alone in his bed, all he could do was dream of her, and of the years that they might have had together, but lost?

Through her mask, she noted that his look had changed. He appeared to be deep in thought, though she had a fairly good idea of what about. A feeling that she had not experienced in long while began to stir in her belly, slowly rising and enveloping the rest of her. He gave her that look once before, when they were no more than silly, na?ve teenagers, though the emotion behind it was that of an adult, and it frightened her. How was she to know that at that moment, she beheld the love of her life, the love she believed she had found in another? How was she to know that when he went away, there would be a large, gaping hole left behind where her heart should be?

When she saw him again, something was different, and they both were aware of it. They began spending more and more time in each other?s company?a touch here, a kiss there?making love on the couch, the floor, the bed, the table?but still, neither could say the word. They enjoyed being together, that much was true, and she knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her days with him, and he with her, yet?the word seemed so far away?

?Do you think I?d believe you wore it for anyone else?? He asked impishly, moving forward a bit more. ?You don?t need any of those inexperienced little boys in there when you?ve got me.?

She laughed, and took a step back. ?Someone?s got a very high impression of himself,? she observed, tapping her fingers against an elbow. ?A woman can tire of the same thing over and over again, can?t she? Those ?little boys? might provide some entertainment.?

He snorted. ?You need a man, not a boy.? Quicker than a blink, he was directly in front of her, his arms around her waist. He pulled her against his chest and held her there, the heat of his body sending shivers down her spine. Soft, yet demanding lips descended upon her neck, just below her ear. She let out a squeak, and he chuckled against her skin. ?Only a man can do this,? he whispered, and began raining kisses on her exposed flesh. She did not want to admit that she had been growing cold standing in the moonlight, and that he was doing her a service with his actions now, though the less he relented, the more she yielded to him.

A slow, haunting melody drifted out from the ballroom and weaved through the air, creating an almost ethereal atmosphere for the two who clung to each other outside in the shadow. He lifted his head to look at her, truly look at her, and their eyes met. Reaching forward, he grasped the edges of the mask, and drew it off, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. ?Actually?? he murmured, examining the pin that held her hair in place. ?That needs to go, too.? Before she could stop him, the pin was out, and her golden locks tumbled free, cascading over her shoulders and down her back. He loved her hair. Instinctively, his hands twined through it, cradling her head. ?Dance with me,? he whispered before his mouth covered hers.

When he finally released her, she was breathless and glowing, eyes misted with unshed tears. This night, under these stars, it seemed as if their painful memories of the past never even existed. All that was left was a man and a woman who loved each other.

Her eyes never leaving his, she took his hand and laced their fingers, all of the devotion she had for him manifest in her features. ?I?d like that,? she replied, resting her head on his shoulder as they swayed back and forth. ?I?m glad you came,? she added softly.

?So am I,? he said, drawing her closer. ?Maybe?maybe I?ll stay from now on. If you want me to, that is.?

Her heart fluttered in her chest. He did not need to elaborate any further for her to understand exactly what he meant. With all of her being, she yearned for him to do what he just did, to assure her that there was no other woman who ever steal him away, that even though she broke his heart, his feelings for her never diminished.

?Don?t go,? she whispered into his neck. ?Please. Don?t go.?

He kissed the top of her head. I?ve always been yours, you silly girl. You?ve never had anything to worry about?

?Then I won?t.?

He was true to his word.

XD XD XD Can you guess who they are?? *giggles*

#2 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:12 PM

ShikaIno? Anyway, great fic, Ash-chan! *glomps*

#3 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

Hmmmm. . . either ShikaIno or JirTsu. . .

Either way. . . I LOVED IT!

Either way. . . it's one of my favorite pairings!

You did an amazing job! *hugs fic* Loffed it. *hugs Teh Ashness* Loff YOU!
Posted Image

#4 Arashi

Arashi

Kiiroi Senko

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 08:00 PM

*bows*

Call me crazy but I'm under the impression the pairing is Jiraiya/Tsunade as well. The thing with Naruto knowing the male character the most(of course he would because Jiraiya is like his twisted grandpa/guardian XD), that comment about inexperienced boys and the golden locks, all seem to point to JirTsu.

In any case, once again you've created another wonderful fanfic. Kudos to you. I look forward to your next piece of writing. happy.gif

#5 Naru/Saku926

Naru/Saku926

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:09 AM

Oh come on its Naruto and Tameri thats so easy!

Naru/Saku Forever!

:yinyang:

~Andrew
REST IN PEACE OBITO!!!

NarutoFever.com

#6 Naru/Saku926

Naru/Saku926

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Naru/Saku926 @ Oct 31 2004, 12:09 AM)
Oh come on its Naruto and Tameri thats so easy!

Naru/Saku Forever!

~Andrew

Oops I read it wrong its not Naruto and Tameri it's Shikamaru and Tameri i'm pretty sure about it!

Naru/Saku Forever!

~Andrew
REST IN PEACE OBITO!!!

NarutoFever.com

#7 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:05 AM

Click For Spoiler

LOL!! NO, it is NOT Shika/Temari. I cannot STAND that pairing. happy.gif It's Jiraya/Tsunade XD XD XD

#8 Jingure

Jingure

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:narusaku, ska, zombification, hoshigaki kisame, fanfiction, canon, fandom

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:31 AM

AAH HOLY CRAP I WAS SO SURE IT WAS SHIKAINO. XD

Lovely. wink.gif

much love,
jingure.

#9 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:04 AM

Whoo! I suspected it was Jiraiya and Tsunade! The man was too fiery to be the laid-back Shikamaru, and there was all the "you need a real man, not those boys" as well. tongue.gif

Great story. happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users