Close
Photo

Grace's Blog!

• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

#101 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

@Soupy--Never seen the movie? I know a lot of other Phantom-fans wouldn't, but I recommend seeing it at least once. It was my introduction to the show, and it's left a lasting impression.
And same for me: my high school best friend saw it in Vegas for her sweet 16 (her family has money I could only dream of 111193.gif ) and said it was amazing.

More on my issues with Mom--

Tonight she told me that our cousin Sherry's best friend was planning to go on a trip to Ireland--and would be there in May--, but suddenly can't go.
Instead, she told Sherry who told my mom that she would like to go to Vegas with us.

....I'll explain more to make it understandable as to why this is not a good thing.

The woman's name is Chase, and when Chase gets together with Sherry they become very....loud. They like to drink together and talk about sex and all sorts of other fun things. Wouldn't be a problem if they didn't also become rather exclusive. They've invited my mom out with them numerous times, and every time she comes back home Mom will complain about how she became the third wheel; she ended up almost never saying much because the other two were so absorbed in hanging out with each other.

So imagine, now, that these two women want to get together in Vegas. And imagine, also, that my mom will be going and will likely be brunted again.

And don't forget that this would all be going on during a trip planned initially for my birthday.

I've already told Mom that it's starting to not feel like a trip for my birthday, and rather a girl's weekend that I'm invited to because I'll be turning 21 and can finally get in the bars with them instead of having to wait outside.

I think I'm finally starting to feel selfish about this trip hm.png

#102 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Oh, I meant I have only seen the movie, I haven't been to the show (which is what I want to see sometime on broadway). I have the dvd and then movie soundtrack because I loved it so much ^^

I don't blame you for being selfish. This is your 21st birthday. They have already had their time. Now it is your turn and you should be allowed to have a bit more of the center stage, I think! And if you don't take this chance, you might not get another. So I say you should go ahead and be a bit selfish about it.

#103 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

Ah, guess I read your post wrong somehow ^^;;
Oh, to see a show on Broadway~ I've been to the West End in London, but Broadway.... Someday, I swear!

That makes sense; I just wonder if they'll see it the same way if I laid it out that way.

I'm just glad they aren't pursuing the idea they brought up at Christmas: when Mom told the rest of the family about our plans, everyone was suddenly talking about how we should make it a giant family trip.

....and now I'm just kittening =_______=;;

#104 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:07 AM

/late to the party]

Aw, I'm sorry to see the Vegas thing isn't working out for you D: Hope everything works out!

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#105 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

@Kona--Didn't know there was a time-limit XD

Vegas may work out after all--I talked to Mum again about Chase, and we decided to tell her that she could come along but only if she clearly understood that this wasn't some free-for-all in Vegas.

#106 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

That's good! ...And I just noticed the redundancy in my last post xD

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#107 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

@Kona-- XD Redundancy can be fun, so no worries.

I have rediscovered my love for something very silly!

That very silly thing being: thinking or reading things with a British accent. I like to puff myself up by thinking I'm rather good at it ;P

Calling all computer-wise people!

My computer is behaving very badly at the moment. I keep getting little notices from Windows (notices down in the icon tray) telling me that my hard drive can't be found, that my RAM is failing because I'm using too much memory, and that I have damaged hard drive clusters (whatever that means to non-tech people such as myself).

....which I realize makes the state of my computer sound absolutely horrible. And it is running rather oddly--when my computer turns on there's just a black background with a box open for "Win Scan", or something like that, and I can't seem to do much else except for click on the space where my "Start" menu button usually is and open things from there.

I can still get to the internet, can still access my files, and can use my computer as I generally do....except for when "Win Scan" tries to forcibly restart my computer because it thinks my computer will explode if I don't.

So, er.....if anyone knows anything at all about how I can fix this, or if they can even tell me just what the hell is going on (aside from the obvious "possibly a virus") I'd be very grateful.

Erm, useful info to anyone interested in helping:

--my comp is a Dell Inspiron laptop from 2007
--runs on Windows Vista Home Basic
--I have no bought or downloaded anti-virus system, so I've no idea where "Win Scans" came from; my non-savvy guess is that it's the source of the trouble itself

....not sure what else would be helpful because I honestly don't know much about the ins-and-outs of my computer, so let me know if anything else is needed and I'll try to supply such info...

#108 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

Ah....not doing so well.

I kind of hate school breaks. I have no job, can't seem to find one. Have no money in my bank account, no gas in my car. Haven't been feeling well, can barely keep food down when I manage to remember to eat. All I want to do is go upstairs and crawl back into bed, sleeping to avoid being awake.

But even when I spend my day worrying and fretting, there are moments like right now where I feel a little better.

I just finished watching "Tokyo Godfathers"--an amazingly heartwarming and fun film--and I have a warm, purring cat curled up at my side on the couch. My stomach hurts, and the house is cold, but for just a moment I feel a little better.

#109 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Aww kitties make everything bettah cool.gif

You might want to try googling your computer problem. I find that usually there is someone somewhere who had the same problem and complained about it to get help. And there are enough tech savvy people that would have given some clue as to what the problem is. Other than that I can't help you XD;

#110 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

@Soupy--I'll give that a go; so far I've been using the family computer when I can, so when I get a chance...

Oh my goodness, is that my middle school nostalgia I see?

Long ago, before I truly understood the far reach of manga and anime, when I was taking my first tentative steps into the subculture that is otakudom....

I was a Rumiko Takahashi dork.

....kind of.

"Kind of", because the first two series I really got into (while being aware that they were anime and not just cartoons) were coincidently InuYasha and Ranma 1/2. InuYasha was at its peak when I was in middle school, and my friends and I were nuts over it. However...while I watched the anime like everyone else, I grew impatient to know the plot and decided to buy the manga.

This was something none of my friends thought was worthwhile, but it's what eventually led me to being more of a manga-dork than an anime-dork.

Anywho, while perusing a bookstore in search of InuYasha, I came across Ranma 1/2. The artwork caught my eye, and then the mangaka's name. I bought volume one, went home, and completely devoured it. I, of course, went back for more, and soon was collecting Ranma more avidly than InuYasha.

Funny thing, though... I never watched the anime for Ranma. A friend bought me the OVAs--which I loved--but I never actually watched the series....

Until now! 8D I was browsing Youtube for some fun videos, when lo and behold! I spy a Ranma/Akane video.

I watch it.

And squeal with utter glee at remembering how much I'd loved the couple when I was 13. So of course, I went in search for more, and soon found myself itching to watch the series.

So! I now find myself in the middle of watching the show for the first time, all the while feeling as though I'm reliving something dear <3

long story is long, ne? *shrug* i feel like being chatty for some reason today.

#111 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:08 AM

AAAGH, too much emotion!

First, I just got done watching Phantom of the Opera with my little brother a while ago--the kid had never seen it!!! He loved it, though, and it made me even more hyped about seeing it live in Vegas >w<

Second, this article made me cry: 10-year-old inducted into the Army. Makes me so proud of my country, and it's military personnel.

Of course, didn't help that not only was the story itself touching, but the little kid has the same name as my brother TT_____TT

Later that day...

CRAP. I went to listen to "Carnival of Rust" by Poets of the Fall, and now I can't stop listening to all of their songs.

Makes me sad that their CDs don't sell in any of the stores in my area; I'd buy up every single one of them shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Kushina, 09 March 2011 - 07:12 AM.

#112 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

Your first mistake was updating this blog so that way I could find it. Now I will know when and where you'll be, and when and where you'll strike.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#113 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 8 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your first mistake was updating this blog so that way I could find it. Now I will know when and where you'll be, and when and where you'll strike.

O-ho, but you assume too much! Who says this is where I'll store my plans and schemes? This blog is only a cover, to fool the inhabitants of this site into believing I'm an innocent user >:D

#114 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Mar 9 2011, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O-ho, but you assume too much! Who says this is where I'll store my plans and schemes? This blog is only a cover, to fool the inhabitants of this site into believing I'm an innocent user >:D

You didn't fool me. I see through all. That red hair of yours holds diabolical schemes. I am the last hope to stopping you. I am OmegaMan!! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#115 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 8 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You didn't fool me. I see through all. That red hair of yours holds diabolical schemes. I am the last hope to stopping you. I am OmegaMan!! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Leave my red hair out of this, you do-gooder >:[
You see through nothing; your vision is blurred by the desire to do good! Only when you have let all inhibitions go and given in to evil can you begin to see clearly.
Never shall you stop me, never! For I am Uzumaki Kushina! argh1.png

#116 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Mar 9 2011, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leave my red hair out of this, you do-gooder >:[
You see through nothing; your vision is blurred by the desire to do good! Only when you have let all inhibitions go and given in to evil can you begin to see clearly.
Never shall you stop me, never! For I am Uzumaki Kushina! argh1.png

I have to admit. I find extreme amusement in this little charade we are doing. heheelq7.png

#117 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 9 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to admit. I find extreme amusement in this little charade we are doing. heheelq7.png

Same XD It makes putting off my BritLit essay all the more enjoyable.

#118 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

Procrastination wins yet again!!

#119 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

Doesn't it always? Procrastination for the--
. . . meh, I'll finish my sentence later.

#120 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

Now that's just being absolutely lazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users